Farq-S

minimap functionality in core game modes?

how should the minimap function in CORE game modes?   48 members have voted

1. 1. how should the minimap function in CORE game modes?

• teammates always appear and enemies when firing un-suppressed weapon.
    • teammates always appear and enemies never appear.
    • minimap always appears on the HUD.
    • minimap can be turned off.
    • minimap disappears when you aim down sights.
    • minimap only appears when scoreboard is called up.
    • minimap is static with no real-time info.
    • no minimap at all.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

35 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

11 minutes ago, Freakshow said:

Detective @Soldat Ryan on the case. Nice spot. I didn't even notice :lol:.

I put others interesting screenshots on Vlog thread ! :P (some others, but not so much, are on my website ;) )

Edited by Soldat Ryan

On 20/2/2017 at 11:52 PM, WeAsOne said:

Just communicate with the team.. you can by ingame chat.. just like CoD 1 and 2.. no-one ever complained either!

Well first of all you are assuming everyone you'll play with has a (decent) microphone and is willing to comunicate, how many times when you play MM in games like CS:GO or Overwatch people don't care about comunicating with the team? But let's say we live in an ideal world where everyone is a friendly player with a microphone, if you look at pro players talking to each others during big tournaments, you'll notice that even tho they "only" have to call strats or spot enemies, they still talk a lot and it can become messy if they also have to inform others on their own position. So imho a minimap showing your team is a must-have for a game like this (and i'm glad it is in), we can argue whether to have also enemies as red dots on it or not, but not having any minimap at all is just a bad idea.

Only needs to show friendlies. Players should use eyes and ears just like the old days, none of this "audio spotting" garbage like what was seen in Casualfield 3-4 where the enemies appeared on the minimap in real-time (and even showing the direction they were facing).

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Zane said:

Well first of all you are assuming everyone you'll play with has a (decent) microphone and is willing to comunicate

You can type ingame.. that's how we did back in the days ;) (press T for type to all, press Y for type to team)... Never talked about a microphone :P 

The minimap will come, i'm sure about that and no problem as long as the enemies are NEVER shown.. just never

Teammates are welcome to the minimap ;)

Edited by WeAsOne

6 minutes ago, WeAsOne said:

You can type ingame.. that's how we did back in the days ;) (press T for type to all, press Y for type to team)... Never talked about a microphone :P 

The minimap will come, i'm sure about that and no problem as long as the enemies are NEVER shown.. just never

Teammates are welcome to the minimap ;)

Yeah I know you can type in chat, but just because you can it doesn't mean everyone will do it, i mean who would want to stop playing to inform his mates about his current position risking to die while doing that?

I'm ok with minimap now.. only NOT by having enemies ever shown on it :)

Minimap with teammates shown, and enemy shown when seen and when they shoot.

I have a feeling thats what the devs will go with. 

5 hours ago, zabo said:

Minimap with teammates shown, and enemy shown when seen and when they shoot.

I have a feeling thats what the devs will go with. 

i don't think it will work this way.

because there were no suppressors in WW2 the enemy will show up on the minimap every single time they fire their weapon. not showing up on the minimap in other games is the reward for using a suppressor but that is balanced by the reduction in range and damage that comes with using a suppressor.

also, competitive players never use suppressors because of that reduction in lethality and instead rely on callouts to spot players. those red dots are a huge crutch for bad players who hardscope corners and choke points with their eyes glued to the minimap waiting for those red dots. i hope to never see those red dots.

I'm going to cry when the red dots come in.. and smash my pc

Posted (edited)

Haha yeah no red dots! Please no. In battlefield it's ok maybe, but not for a competive game. I voted show teammates never enemies. I bet the developers Will choose this aswell

Edited by sNrklhaai