36 members have voted

1. 1. Call out enemies?

• Yes, auto when you look at one
    • Yes, when you look at one and click a key
    • Yes, when two or more have clicked at same
    • Yes, auto but only to own team
    • No, not at all
    • No, only text chat or voip to team

I have to admit, I stole this question from Djred84 and I think it's a good question!

...Or what about being able to call out when you see enemies?

As I see it BF4 has a ok approach to it with pressing a key when you look at a enemy, that makes it kinda realistic. There should be no automatic responses in these cases imo! Is there a better way to do it?

Edited by Guest

I really dont want a bunch of doritos on my screen. I woukd rather have normal means text or voip.

Yup i agree but the spicy ones ar e nice :D

I feel it's probably more of a modern era thing and voice chat is more suited for this sort of thing, otherwise it's just gonna clog up the screen. Provided they have voice commands for non VOIP players then I think that is good enough.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Call of duty had text chat, to team, to all or just to one player! I Liked that alot and hope to see it again, not a fan of teenagers on voip or pop ups with all kinda crap in text

no, this is a very big crutch in battlefield games. you don't even have to see the enemy on your screen. just spam the button and hey presto unlimited uav.

Thanks for seeing up the poll lad

Tbh I never thought about cluttering up the screen with markers and the whole button spaming problem would suck.

I do like the idea of (when aiming down sights only) being able to call out and mark players. But maybe the mark only lasts for 10 seconds? And then the player is clean and undetected again?

Hi Razor.

To give you a good answer I think that I've to wait on a Developers position.

I mean...

Battalion would have classes?

If yes, this would be my position (as already write on an other discussion).

Personally I'm totally against automatic sposts/mark on map but I think that if we have snipers/recon they must be able to spot... how?

- troughs a key and sure not automatically

- for few seconds only

- statical

if I spot you when you run you would be visible on the map as a statical marker for few seconds (15?).

All the rest trought VOIP

If not...

Only VoIP

Nothing automatic.

1/2 off topic

An "automatic" spot but in game and not on map can/must be the flame into the muzzle when you shot and a shining scope if you aren't into a shadow emplacement when you aim.

Answer

As you see, I can't give a really vote... I would be near "by click" but only for a specific class

Cheers

Only VOIP and/or text is enought (with or without class system)

If you show ennemies on map or HUD, people will play only with indications for himself and not as team.

Team communication is the most important to spot ennemies. imo

Spotting enemies has its place in large scale, terrain based shooters. When there are ground and air vehicles you really will need such a system.

On the contrary, the more a game tends to be CQC focused and the faster its pace, the more such features happen to be useless alltogether.

Cluttering the 3D view with visual hints, like the infamous BF-doritos or that static H&G-red-blob (which is only helpful for pilots IMO), can be considered a necessary evil for those games, ...or simply cheap fixes, or even just half-assed designs. But sure it is not neccessary for a game like BT44.

And please just never put anyhting into my view unless I did explicitly ask for it. Just don't. I do not need stuff popping up right above my crosshairs - which funnily enough, is exactly where you are supposed to be looking for the action - about what button to press, or what useless item I just unlocked or what meaningless 'achievement' now is put to some list I couldn't care less about... Well, sorry for this rant.

I really don't see how BT44 would benefit from spotting and I'm not even sure whether 'skill based' doesn't already exclude such assistance features.

And please just never put anyhting into my view unless I did explicitly ask for it. Just don't. I do not need stuff popping up right above my crosshairs - which funnily enough, is exactly where you are supposed to be looking for the action - about what button to press, or what useless item I just unlocked or what meaningless 'achievement' now is put to some list I couldn't care less about... Well, sorry for this rant.

Excatly, my minds.

I m boring by new games which give to much informations on screen.

At the end you are playing as a sheep following informations, you are focused/disturbed by them and finally you are no longer free to move as you want.

I really don't see how BT44 would benefit from spotting and I'm not even sure whether 'skill based' doesn't already exclude such assistance features.

Well that pretty much sums up how I feel about it.

Something I saw in the "Days of War" gameplay video that I think I like is the flags above teammates that help me not shoot my teammates. It gets really hard to differentiate between teammates and enemies sometimes. I'm still not sure, but if the indicator is small and doesn't block my view of the battlefield, I believe I would like that. The ones in DOW are too big.

I always disable name indication on our servers.

Players have to pay attention to the uniform, it is simple and has good sense. IMO

I'd be happy with a system like that as long as the uniforms are easily distinguishable at a reasonable distance. Maybe with good color contrasts between factions.

I hate it when everyone looks the same at 50 yards.

In most cases the name of your friends show up when you aim at them (some games all the time), not your foes

We start to be a little bit off topic and speaking more about map than "call out enemy" but they are similar topics :lol:

I always disable name indication on our servers.

Players have to pay attention to the uniform, it is simple and has good sense. IMO

I'd be happy with a system like that as long as the uniforms are easily distinguishable at a reasonable distance. Maybe with good color contrasts between factions.

I hate it when everyone looks the same at 50 yards.

If it's hard it's better :mrgreen:

You have to advance as team/squad and not as many single soldiers; speak, look sometimes at your flanks,...

Personally I would give, anyway, always the same answer:

Make it as admin parameter.

Map visible: yes/no

Team-mate visible: no/just name/just map/name and map

Enemy visible: see my answer on this thread but if we have to have I'll would apprecieras them as parameter... no/only if spotted/if spotted or shot/always

OK... sorry for the OT

A Spotting system would be an alright addition to the game but i'm not sure how big the maps will be. A calling out enemy positions to near by players if they listen the voices could be more descriptive on there actually location instead of putting a triangle on them. Altho if a triangle is needed no more than 2-3sec of being highlighted, but i doubt the devs will take this route :P