Like or dislike Strafe jumping and bunny hoppers?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Like or dislike Strafe jumping and bunny hoppers?

• Like Strafe jumpers and bunny hoppers?
    • Hate strafe jumpers and bunny hoppers.

12 hours ago, Excel said:

I would rather play with 16k "unskilled" players rather than the current 668 possibly "skilled" playing right now.

I think the point is that this game will never be that "unskilled" game, because of the setup and the reason why this game is built.. 

I would like to add that I never used strafe back in the days.. I did not even know it was ever possible..

But now I know and try to learn how to play with it, it is really satisfying when you get better at it.. 

So people get upset because someone makes a strafe-jump arount the corner and kills him.. Maybe some tweaks about jumping advantage could make it a bit less frustrating, but removing it is just not an option when you know where this game comes from and for who it's made..

Maybe one day you get the strafe "feeling" and maybe when some tweaks are done, you will finaly like it..

The playerbase will grow, but not by changing the DNA of the game.. that would kill the reason why this game is special...

Good morning btw :)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, dgeesio said:

anyone who played oldskool cods comp wise know strafe jumping corners is standard gameplay

Like i said, i have no problem with it. Played in most of the leagues for 10 years but the strafe jumping in Battalion doesn't replicate what we all knew and felt in CoD.

9 hours ago, dgeesio said:

so no i wouldnt rather play with 16000 people sitting in every camping spot known to man. id rather play with 1000 people who has aim and gaming sense.the thing is i know thats not great for the game and overall i dont think this game is going to get anywhere.

From a business sense i wouldn't want you on my team but i understand where your coming from but that is not even a valid argument.

If you 1000 "pro skilled 733t did you see that shot 360 headspin backflip kill" think your pro because you can jump shoot and it makes you feel like someone special then you guys are delusional.

I think the game was badly put out with the way it was put across quoting the games people liked back in the day which disappointed many people in more ways than just the strafing stuff.

So people get upset because someone makes a strafe-jump arount the corner and kills him.. Maybe some tweaks about jumping advantage could make it a bit less frustrating, but removing it is just not an option when you know where this game comes from and for who it's made..

I wouldn't say remove it because it is part of the game as you said but it does need toning down a little. Had a game last night and it feels better since the update i will admit.

Battalion should have been made as a base game for the 16k players and a mod for the other 1000 pro players out there and that way everyone gets what they want and that is the only way i would expect to see lots of happy players.

And a very good morning to you too :)

Edited by Excel

15 hours ago, dgeesio said:

the point is if you dont even know what the term is how can you vote for something to be removed or if you dislike it ? if you cant understand what it is ?

this is why many great games get ruined. if you want something removed or altered atleast come with a decent reason why . this game with no strafing would be over instantly.

imagine half the maps have trenches in or hundred door ways. it will just be sit off corner or door or in trench shoot . campers paradise game ruined. what is strafing corners for ? its to avoid campers of corners campers of anywhere bad players.waiting to ambush.

people just cant handle now days a game that benefits being skilled at fps. everything is corn fed new cod or battlefield style.

People mean corner strafing so it doesn't matter what they call it if everyone knows what everyone's talking about. Stop trying to argue for the sake of arguing.

Edited by Tygrys

2 hours ago, Excel said:

Battalion should have been made as a base game for the 16k players and a mod for the other 1000 pro players out there and that way everyone gets what they want and that is the only way i would expect to see lots of happy players.

this approach is how i imagined it would work when i realised there was going to be a competitive focus in the months immediately after the KS.

the vanilla game (arcade) would be aimed at the casual/pub players and a competitive rule set for the "pros". on the face of it that's what we've got but there are too many elements of competitive in the arcade as well as a faulty spawn system and maps not primarily designed for TDM and CTF game modes. example, the flag runner not being able to sprint in CTF is a great idea if both sides are playing as a unit and helping each other but a nightmare for casual/random players who don't or won't communicate. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, dgeesio said:

imagine half the maps have trenches in or hundred door ways. it will just be sit off corner or door or in trench shoot . campers paradise game ruined. what is strafing corners for ? its to avoid campers of corners campers of anywhere bad players.waiting to ambush.

I played a game last night just to try the new update and i wondered what would happen if i camped? End result was i camped purposefully certain areas and while all these players were busy strafing/jumping around for me it was easy to kill them. I just sat back and watched all these people running about like headless chickens while i picked them off lol

Point i am making is, you will never stop campers in any game so your argument about strafe corners to avoid campers and the game was made for strafe jumping kills is defunct im afraid.

4 minutes ago, Farq-S said:

this approach is how i imagined it would work when i realised there was going to be a competitive focus in the months immediately after the KS.

the vanilla game (arcade) would be aimed at the casual/pub players and a competitive rule set for the "pros". on the face of it that's what we've got but there are too many elements of competitive in the arcade as well as a faulty spawn system and maps not primarily designed for TDM and CTF game modes. example, the flag runner not being able to sprint in CTF is a great idea if both sides are playing as a unit and helping each other but a nightmare for casual/random players who don't or won't communicate. 

Finally, someone else who know's how things should work.

No idea what Bulkhead are thinking to be honest but if they are aiming solely at lans and comps thats fine because we have other games coming out this year which are aimed at a large player base and not less than 500 players.

against bad players yes.play against decent players see where the camping gets you.

the whole subject doesnt matter now anyways.its obvious whats next.avg joe wants a public game.not a comp game. this is the problem with trying to get a comp game made or a true oldskool feel. so many people are used to easy fps games that anything that challenges people no its shit ! its a shame that after this game i dont see another company doing anything like this again.which is sad.the game really should not of launched to public yet finished more content and got further along before releasing.the crashing and early issues aswell as the constant crying have almost killed off what could be a amazing game before its started.

so get ready for more easy cod modes coming for button bashing baffoons on xbox pads squatting in every corner.its  shame people just dont give a game a chance anymore.epecially oldskool fps games which only get made every 5 years or so.

10 minutes ago, dgeesio said:

avg joe wants a public game.not a comp game. this is the problem with trying to get a comp game made or a true oldskool feel. so many people are used to easy fps games that anything that challenges people no its shit !

Bull fucking shit. It's not a question whether it's hard to play or anything like that. It's a matter of how enjoyable the mechanics are for both sides. It might be fun to be a spastic corner strafer but is sure isn't fun for the guy on the receiving end where there's basically no counter play other than being lucky and having the crosshair in the correct spot at the correct time.

Old games like ET were hard but I don't recall any bullshit mechanics like the absolutely retarded corner strafing ALL THE TIME. Not to mention the initial kickstarter hinted at a different game, more in line with MoHAA and CoD1/2 and not CoD4 and promod. DOOM is the perfect example of an oldschool game remade with new technology. Battalion isn't.

Also there's a lot of projections in your post. Are you sure you're not talking about your own adventures with the Xbox?

2 hours ago, dgeesio said:

against bad players yes.play against decent players see where the camping gets you.

the whole subject doesnt matter now anyways.its obvious whats next.avg joe wants a public game.not a comp game. this is the problem with trying to get a comp game made or a true oldskool feel. so many people are used to easy fps games that anything that challenges people no its shit ! its a shame that after this game i dont see another company doing anything like this again.which is sad.the game really should not of launched to public yet finished more content and got further along before releasing.the crashing and early issues aswell as the constant crying have almost killed off what could be a amazing game before its started.

so get ready for more easy cod modes coming for button bashing baffoons on xbox pads squatting in every corner.its  shame people just dont give a game a chance anymore.epecially oldskool fps games which only get made every 5 years or so.

not about casual vs competitive because the two should be kept separate. people don't play a game if they don't have fun and 15k players were clearly not having fun for various reasons.

also, i don't ever recall a game starting as esport and growing. every single game has started as casual played for fun and enjoyment and growing into esport. sadly, i think bat44 is so far proving why this is the case.  

Edited by Farq-S

1 hour ago, dgeesio said:

Don't be such an arrogant child. So you are suggesting all the enemy who were in that server at that time you weren't, were bad players?

This is the problem with games like this.... it makes morons think they are pro players because they can point aim and click....

I have played against enough good players in my time to know what skill is and what bad game mechanics and luck is.

so the 16000 dont play because of strafe jumping ? it just knit picking like this which is exactly the point.

the truth of the matter is strafe jumping wont stop many playing.the real reason many arent playing is.the first week the game was literally unplayable.server issues crashing issues.the game shouldnt of came out like this. this is todays gaming though and everyone wants money first then proceed.

so most people arent playing because its been either unplayable or a unenjoyable experience.now..honestly how many are not playing just cause of strafe jumping corners? dont bs be honest. hardly anyone.

people are concentrating on small things and trying to make out they are the reason the game isnt doing well.when the truth is its out too early to the public play.

the basics need to work to get people to play. to highlight this and show strafe jumping isnt a big effect on anything.go play arcade.its pretty much where everyone is.yet compside is pretty dead. there isnt players there because it takes too long to get a game. or something bugs out.people dont have patience.people want in a game and play instantly. if a game doesnt provide this then often its turned off and the players then jump on a different game that does give you instant play.

the more hoops you jump through to get to just playing.the less you wanna play.its that simple. add in slow load times of joining and loading next map plus bugs and servers going down.thats why people are not playing.not strafe jumping. when a round ends can take 2-3 minutes for next map.then guess what it loads 8 people on one side and one person on the other !

look auto balance is such a simple thing to keep those numbers playing while things are fixed tweaked but its not in.its a basic thing.a very important thing. how many here for eg go in a game and its not balanced.i guarentee literally every one. most game.who is going to sit for even one round 8v1 and get slaughtered ? then after the minute of the 1 guy getting slaughtered he leaves and you win.so then that 1 minute of pointless slaughter is now another 3 minute wait and then it could be the exact same thing again or no one joining at all !

it needs to change quick.to help get players playing.

so while everyone is ranting about small issues.why not talk about the big issues that really stop people from playing or simple things to get people playing.like getting auto balance in asap. speeding up load times to new maps. fixing loading in first spawn with only pistol.

1 minute ago, Excel said:

Don't be such an arrogant child. So you are suggesting all the enemy who were in that server at that time you weren't, were bad players?

This is the problem with games like this.... it makes morons think they are pro players because they can point aim and click....

I have played against enough good players in my time to know what skill is and what bad game mechanics and luck is.

no the point is and there is no need for derogatory talk.if you camping like you said you were and the players were a team or decent.the first time you do it.person on voice coms calls out where you are you would be instantly shot or naded.that is the difference. joe xbox wont kill you but a decent player on voice coms will.you dont have to have the same opinion but be pleasant about it.

• Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, dgeesio said:

so the 16000 dont play because of strafe jumping ? it just knit picking like this which is exactly the point.

the truth of the matter is strafe jumping wont stop many playing.the real reason many arent playing is.the first week the game was literally unplayable.server issues crashing issues.the game shouldnt of came out like this. this is todays gaming though and everyone wants money first then proceed.

so most people arent playing because its been either unplayable or a unenjoyable experience.now..honestly how many are not playing just cause of strafe jumping corners? dont bs be honest. hardly anyone.

people are concentrating on small things and trying to make out they are the reason the game isnt doing well.when the truth is its out too early to the public play.

the basics need to work to get people to play. to highlight this and show strafe jumping isnt a big effect on anything.go play arcade.its pretty much where everyone is.yet compside is pretty dead. there isnt players there because it takes too long to get a game. or something bugs out.people dont have patience.people want in a game and play instantly. if a game doesnt provide this then often its turned off and the players then jump on a different game that does give you instant play.

the more hoops you jump through to get to just playing.the less you wanna play.its that simple. add in slow load times of joining and loading next map plus bugs and servers going down.thats why people are not playing.not strafe jumping. when a round ends can take 2-3 minutes for next map.then guess what it loads 8 people on one side and one person on the other !

look auto balance is such a simple thing to keep those numbers playing while things are fixed tweaked but its not in.its a basic thing.a very important thing. how many here for eg go in a game and its not balanced.i guarentee literally every one. most game.who is going to sit for even one round 8v1 and get slaughtered ? then after the minute of the 1 guy getting slaughtered he leaves and you win.so then that 1 minute of pointless slaughter is now another 3 minute wait and then it could be the exact same thing again or no one joining at all !

it needs to change quick.to help get players playing.

so while everyone is ranting about small issues.why not talk about the big issues that really stop people from playing or simple things to get people playing.like getting auto balance in asap. speeding up load times to new maps. fixing loading in first spawn with only pistol.

no the point is and there is no need for derogatory talk.if you camping like you said you were and the players were a team or decent.the first time you do it.person on voice coms calls out where you are you would be instantly shot or naded.that is the difference. joe xbox wont kill you but a decent player on voice coms will.you dont have to have the same opinion but be pleasant about it.

I think you need to read my post again because i never suggested 16k of players dont play because of the bunny like actions experienced by most put's them off the game. I agree with all you said above and this is the reason why the player base has diminished to that of a 10 year old game within a couple of months and i blame bad decisions made by the dev team for that.

All i am suggesting is the dev team should have made a base game to suit the everyday joe so they can have an hour of stress relief after a hard day at work and a mod for the more "experienced" shall we say player.

Strafe jumping has never suited everyone and has always pissed players off over time but when i saw the video for Battalion 1944 i thought ye im having that game and couldn't wait for early access and when that came i soon realised it was nothing like the in the video.

A bit like the time i went to McDonalds for that nice big mac meal in the picture and when i sat at the table and opened the box it looked nothing like the picture :)

I honestly think Bulkhead have missed the spot and not because of the strafe but just because they had a chance and fooked it up. They need a miracle to pull this back now, they need to start listening to their customers.

• Upvote 1

Enough is enough, joined the only available  server, one other person on, no indication of where he was yet he within seconds Spider-Man flies around the corner and in mid air shoots me.  This happened every time that I spawned!  Just a question, how did he know just which corner that I was around or does everyone fly around every  corner?

Afraid that's it for me, if I had wanted a Marvel game I would have bought one.   Bye

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, oldman said:

Enough is enough, joined the only available  server, one other person on, no indication of where he was yet he within seconds Spider-Man flies around the corner and in mid air shoots me.  This happened every time that I spawned!  Just a question, how did he know just which corner that I was around or does everyone fly around every  corner?

Afraid that's it for me, if I had wanted a Marvel game I would have bought one.   Bye

There is a wallhack bug in Battalion. If you join spectator first, than a team and press a certain button(something like this), you can see through walls. The best thing about it? It will be fixed in June/July. 

O

1 hour ago, oldman said:

Join us tonight, oldman. Our server is no strafe-jump and no hopping. We'll be on from 7 to 9PM EST tonight.

AMI CLAN No STRAFE-JUMPING No HOPPING

66.55.154.209:7777

Contact me thru our forums at www.clanservers.com and I'll give you our Teamspeak password.

Edited by Amigaman