Like or dislike Strafe jumping and bunny hoppers?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Like or dislike Strafe jumping and bunny hoppers?

• Like Strafe jumpers and bunny hoppers?
    • Hate strafe jumpers and bunny hoppers.

I think they should add big random gun sway or block ads while jumping. You should not be able to land headshots after headshot while jumping around nomatter what. Jumpshooting is only creating a very toxic community. I am amazed what people can say while playing a game.

Call it what you want. With a lot of players hopping it still looks like popcorn popping. Looks like their are still players out there that prefer to not have it.

I prefer COD2 movement, but I think the reality is that Bulkhead will not change the movement (that much). And I assume most servers will stick with the jumping. So I'm just trying my best to adapt to this playing style. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

I prefer COD2 movement, but I think the reality is that Bulkhead will not change the movement (that much). And I assume most servers will stick with the jumping. So I'm just trying my best to adapt to this playing style. 

The question is then "Why have a vote?"   36% FOR - 64% against -- Democratic?        Looks more like a pointless exercise.

53 minutes ago, oldman said:

The question is then "Why have a vote?"   36% FOR - 64% against -- Democratic?        Looks more like a pointless exercise.

Why I vote? Or why we vote? I can only talk for myself, but I vote because of the slight possibility they listen to us. But I don't think they will, on this matter at least. 

10 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Why I vote? Or why we vote? I can only talk for myself, but I vote because of the slight possibility they listen to us. But I don't think they will, on this matter at least. 

Same here and you never know what's going to happen if player base don't increase. And the mechanics is one of the reasons why people are not playing. I don't think this poll is very wrong. From my base of old cod players I hear no one who wants to play this style again.

• Upvote 1

The lack of proper labelling the jumps in Battalion as "bunnyhopping" drives me fucking ape shit since there are basically two things which qualify as bunnyhopping:

1. Bunnyhopping as in the original CoD1 release where the first month or so there was no cooldown/reset for jumping and people were hitting jump over and over and over to bounce around the map like a fucking superball.

2. Bunnyhopping as in CSS and to a far lesser extent CS:GO and 1.6 where the proper combination of keys and movement in conjunction with jumping allowed the player to essentially bounce off the ground and use jumping to increase in speed and propel themselves around the map beyond the maximum runspeed.

Simply strafe jumping around every corner as an advantage to surprise and get easier kills/make yourself harder to hit is jump shooting and strafe jumping, not bunnyhopping. WIth all of that said, I don't like it in this game. Others have insinuated that it's low hours players who feel this way, but I have 100 hours in this game and it doesn't feel any better now than it did at the start. Anyone who has played all the CoD games knows that for one, sprinting wasn't a feature in CoD1 and Cod2, but was introduced with the CoD1 expansion UO, partially due to that game being made by a different development studio entirely. Components of UO were incorporated by IW for CoD4 which is why and how we got the sprint/strafe jumping mechanic for this game. CoD2 movement gave players zero options to accelerate a jump, no sprint, no boost from strafing or crouching. Movement was more basic along the lines of CSGO. I understand Bulkhead wanted to add some interesting jumps and skill based movement mechanics to this game, but I don't personally find constant jump shooting to be enjoyable and would rather some other movement mechanic were introduced and maps/jumps were altered slightly to discourage the huge amount of corner jumping.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, saLz said:

I understand Bulkhead wanted to add some interesting jumps and skill based movement mechanics to this game, but I don't personally find constant jump shooting to be enjoyable

lol, They have turned it into a circus of jumping artists. We should not have uniforms, but beautiful suits with many colors and glitters. Maybe we should get points for the most beautiful and well executed jump. Combined with the low TTK this game is really "Interesting".:D I had really hoped for something a little different after this patch, but no

Edited by SirBob
  • Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, SirBob said:

lol, They have turned it into a circus of jumping artists. We should not have uniforms, but beautiful suits with many colors and glitters. Maybe we should get points for the most beautiful and well executed jump. Combined with the low TTK this game is really "Interesting".:D I had really hoped for something a little different after this patch, but no

We used to joke back in the Medal of Honor days when someone jumped from high up. We would rate them, such as 8.2, like the Olympics. Maybe they should be judged for their ballet moves with their strafe jumps. You know, get xp for style ;-)!  But seriously, no jumping on our server.

I don't get why all you respectless people don't just leave and go play any of all the other slow-ass 'realistc' games out there. Instead you keep crying about the game just because you are too lazy to adapt to some different playstyle. There are people in this world which liked CoD4 Promod gameplay and yes these people want a new game to play, too. Sure Battalion 1944 is far from perfect but let Bulkhead create their game (which is clearly meant to remake CoD 4 Promod gameplay). They market it as something completely new but you can see it's just alibi to not be a copycat. Sure they have added things to the CoD4 Promod gameplay but that doesen't mean they made / will make something completely new. They wanted to create a game like this so just accept it and play something else if you absolutely don't like it. Or just wait and see hoe updates change the game. I'm sure they will make changes to movement and weapons. The game just got released in EA. With more polish and more interessting maps the game will be great.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

9 hours ago, HaraldQuake said:

I don't get why all you respectless people don't just leave and go play any of all the other slow-ass 'realistc' games out there. Instead you keep crying about the game just because you are too lazy to adapt to some different playstyle. There are people in this world which liked CoD4 Promod gameplay and yes these people want a new game to play, too. Sure Battalion 1944 is far from perfect but let Bulkhead create their game (which is clearly meant to remake CoD 4 Promod gameplay). They market it as something completely new but you can see it's just alibi to not be a copycat. Sure they have added things to the CoD4 Promod gameplay but that doesen't mean they made / will make something completely new. They wanted to create a game like this so just accept it and play something else if you absolutely don't like it. Or just wait and see hoe updates change the game. I'm sure they will make changes to movement and weapons. The game just got released in EA. With more polish and more interessting maps the game will be great.

"respectless people"?  I'm not even sure what you mean by that. We just like playing the game in a way that we have played for years. I have run our clan servers for 13 years now and on our clan servers there is no strafe jumping allowed. As shown by the polling results so far, other people also enjoy our style of game-play. 

"respectless"?

9 hours ago, HaraldQuake said:

See you around on release day with 300 people playing it. Also the first few kickstarter videos advertised this as MoHAA/CoD1/CoD2 type of game and it clearly isn't. It's just promod 2.0 which apparently barely a 1000 people at a time want to play.

• Upvote 2

After waiting until 3-9-18 around 6PM EST our server was finally up and running. We had high hopes even though clan members still experienced problems with crashes while trying to get the game started. We had 12 players and lasted one map when it "lost connection to host". Our clan members felt that the player movement was faster. Anyone agree? This is frustrating. My main concern was the inability to have more than 8 players without crashing. The other stuff is secondary. Since we have to pay for a minimum of 12 players and can't run over 8, I may just cancel the server until it's truly fixed and go back to playing our COD4 server that runs without crashing.

I tried again this morning and it crashed with 11 players.

On March 10th in the PM it crashed with only 8 players. It seems to be worse now.

Edited by Amigaman
  • Upvote 1

On ‎09‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 12:23 PM, HaraldQuake said:

I'm probably twice your age so why don't YOU! show a little respect, its a GAME and everyone has an opinion and its theirs so show a little respect please!

• Upvote 1

On 3/9/2018 at 12:23 PM, HaraldQuake said:

There are people in this world which liked CoD4 Promod gameplay

I am one of those people and Battalion is nothing like like CoD4 Promod and im not even going to start about what Bulkhead promised Battalion to be and what was actually delivered.

Also, have some respect for the players who can't even load the game to play it, surely they are going to be upset not to mention half the community getting a game ban.

I'm not bothered about more maps right now but they need to work more on the game itself.

• Like 1

Agreed! Please fix the fundamental issues such as not being able to have more than 8 players without our server crashing and numerous players having a hard time starting and entering games. One of our clan members spends 5 minutes after every map change trying to get in game. He makes his living in the computer world. He knows what to try, but still can't connect without crashing most of the time. 

On 3/12/2018 at 9:51 AM, Excel said:

I am one of those people and Battalion is nothing like like CoD4 Promod and im not even going to start about what Bulkhead promised Battalion to be and what was actually delivered.

Also, have some respect for the players who can't even load the game to play it, surely they are going to be upset not to mention half the community getting a game ban.

I'm not bothered about more maps right now but they need to work more on the game itself.

excel, lets hope they improve movement my g.. promod and cod2 are still much better versions of what battalion is meant to be. although its still early access so that's a positive

They started out saying they wanted to do a cod2 remake, then they wanted cod4 movement and do we really have either of those yet? I get the fact that the team wants battalion to be its own thing, but be its own thing with good movement. its not an excuse when people say "cod this, cod that" it's based off cod for god's sake of course people are gonna compare the two, and they should because battalion is supposed to take inspiration from both games

I want battalion to be a fucking masterpiece because it has SO much potential to be huge as an esport, it makes me so sad seeing the movement in this state.

if any devs need help with testing movement PLEASE message me, I have mastered bhopping in css and have cod4 movement nailed down. I would love to help free of charge and for the pure passion of wanting this game to succeed

the worst thing that could happen is they buff the strafing by 5% and leave it as is. its so much more than just a distance issue. the whole movement system needs a rehaul, the air control, air acceleration, friction, ground acceleration, mantling objects/walls/boxes etc needs to be focused in on and given the respect it deserves.

Edited by grizzly
  • Upvote 2

every time i see bunny hopping in a title or thread you already know its either a troll or someone who doesnt know what they on about.there is no bunny hopping ! only strafe jumping. strafe jumping is part of this type of fps.as it was in all early cods. dont touch strafing the people who cant hit strafe jumping off corners are the exact people who make crouch only servers and no running servers.players with poor aim.

its no harder to hit a strafe corner jump that it is to hit a person walking round a corner.a strafe jumper has to run.so you if have ears here the person running before they even jump round corner.

bunny hopping is jumping to gain speed. you cant do this ! you havent in any cod since call of duty 1 release on pc 1st patch.then it was patched out and never been in any cod since .

to the devs dont buff things based off bad players.or to get more players to play for the sake of making the game less skilled.the very people who backed this game want this game want a oldskool fps like early cods and medal of honours.

HAHA WHAT MAKES THIS EVEN WORSE IS THAT LEADING THE POLL IS HATING BUNNY HOPPING WHICH ISNT EVEN IN THIS GAME ! 9_9xD

Edited by dgeesio
  • Upvote 1

Its not black and white, you cant totally like or dislike strafe jumping. I hate it when someome jump peaks me from a corner and i cant even react, i love it when i use strafe jumping to find new spots, rush routes etc. The thing is strsfe jumping has to be revamped in order to not affect gameplay and gunfights so much. 

• Like 1

I don't want to read all the posts.. because this subject does have WAYYY too many discussions.

But Bunnyhopping = chaining jumps one after another without being punished.. In this game when you jump you are "stuck" to the ground for a short time and that makes BUNNYhopping impossible!

On 8-3-2018 at 6:50 PM, oldman said:

Why vote about Bunnyhopping if that is even not possible in this game -_-

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, WeAsOne said:

I don't want to read all the posts.. because this subject does have WAYYY too many discussions.

But Bunnyhopping = chaining jumps one after another without being punished.. In this game when you jump you are "stuck" to the ground for a short time and that makes BUNNYhopping impossible!

Why vote about Bunnyhopping if that is even not possible in this game -_-

You know exactly what people are talking about, it's irrelevant if that term is correct or not if people agree on the issue. It doesn't make it less true or relevant.

Stop trying to be a nitpicking dipshit.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

3 hours ago, Tygrys said:

You know exactly what people are talking about, it's irrelevant if that term is correct or not if people agree on the issue. It doesn't make it less true or relevant.

Stop trying to be a nitpicking dipshit.

the point is if you dont even know what the term is how can you vote for something to be removed or if you dislike it ? if you cant understand what it is ?

this is why many great games get ruined. if you want something removed or altered atleast come with a decent reason why . this game with no strafing would be over instantly.

imagine half the maps have trenches in or hundred door ways. it will just be sit off corner or door or in trench shoot . campers paradise game ruined. what is strafing corners for ? its to avoid campers of corners campers of anywhere bad players.waiting to ambush.

people just cant handle now days a game that benefits being skilled at fps. everything is corn fed new cod or battlefield style.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

8 minutes ago, dgeesio said:

people just cant handle now days a game that benefits being skilled at fps. everything is corn fed new cod or battlefield style.

I would rather play with 16k "unskilled" players rather than the current 668 possibly "skilled" playing right now.

Strafing/Jumping/Bunnyhoping who cares what it's called, the important thing is it's over the top and doesn't replicate any of the games it was meant to have done but with that said i do not totally oppose it i just think it needs calming down.

i wouldnt.the whole point of this game is to be a oldskool fps title.it is pretty accurate.anyone who played oldskool cods comp wise know strafe jumping corners is standard gameplay.the problem often arises around this point because.. a person who hasnt played comp cod games doesnt know this style of play is standard . plays on a public server with 90 percent of bad players. crouching in every corner.learning bad habits. generally doing bad.then said person who has a bit of sense after being shot from said camper every game in same spot. decides to not just walk round to same instant kill from skillless avg joe but jumps because its beyond a player comprehension that a player may try and avoid dying everytime they walk around a corner !

so no i wouldnt rather play with 16000 people sitting in every camping spot known to man. id rather play with 1000 people who has aim and gaming sense.the thing is i know thats not great for the game and overall i dont think this game is going to get anywhere.

its catch 22.whatever is done.

you make a decent skilled game.people cant handle it.masses cant anyway.it already shows.you make it arcade like or modern cod or battlefield then more will like it but then its just modern cod or battlefield.so whats the f****** point of that ?

isnt the idea to make a oldskool fps with the same gameplay style ? not make it easy for the sake of getting player numbers ?

• Like 2

On 16 marzo 2018 at 3:29 PM, grizzly said:

excel, lets hope they improve movement my g.. promod and cod2 are still much better versions of what battalion is meant to be. although its still early access so that's a positive

They started out saying they wanted to do a cod2 remake, then they wanted cod4 movement and do we really have either of those yet? I get the fact that the team wants battalion to be its own thing, but be its own thing with good movement. its not an excuse when people say "cod this, cod that" it's based off cod for god's sake of course people are gonna compare the two, and they should because battalion is supposed to take inspiration from both games

I want battalion to be a fucking masterpiece because it has SO much potential to be huge as an esport, it makes me so sad seeing the movement in this state.

if any devs need help with testing movement PLEASE message me, I have mastered bhopping in css and have cod4 movement nailed down. I would love to help free of charge and for the pure passion of wanting this game to succeed

the worst thing that could happen is they buff the strafing by 5% and leave it as is. its so much more than just a distance issue. the whole movement system needs a rehaul, the air control, air acceleration, friction, ground acceleration, mantling objects/walls/boxes etc needs to be focused in on and given the respect it deserves.

Totally agree with you. People who blame strafe jumping for the game current low player base are delusional, CoD has had jumpshooting for over 10 years now and it's one of the most played fps out there. The truth is currently Battalion's movement is a cheap copy of promod

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1