Like or dislike Strafe jumping and bunny hoppers?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Like or dislike Strafe jumping and bunny hoppers?

• Like Strafe jumpers and bunny hoppers?
    • Hate strafe jumpers and bunny hoppers.

I am with Gameservers. Server is in the North-East USA. I have a 12 person server. We can't get 2 full games in a row once the server starts to get populated with over 8 to 10 people. Sever crashes. 
  Would like to hear about experiences from admins with other server hosts such as Multiplay and others. At least maybe we'll be able to tell if it's our provider or a game problem. Also if it's location dependant. 
  Please respond,  Thank you.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, johnoboro said:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Thank you for the highly informative post. 

I'm 70 years old  I play all BF games and all but the last few COD games.   Couldn't stand all the bunny hopping and leaping around corners only to shoot someone before they are seen.   I always class bunny hopping as cheating, it stops the hits from registering (or something like that)   If there is to be jumping reduce the height/distance, not everyone's a batman.   As an old soldier I saw more people ducking not jumping!   Just my grump!! :)

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

8 minutes ago, oldman said:

I'm 70 years old  I play all BF games and all but the last few COD games.   Couldn't stand all the bunny hopping and leaping around corners only to shoot someone before they are seen.   I always class bunny hopping as cheating, it stops the hits from registering (or something like that)   If there is to be jumping reduce the height/distance, not everyone's a batman.   As an old soldier I saw more people ducking not jumping!   Just my grump!! :)

Respect, I'm only a kid at 51 :D. Done the same, and I can relate to what your saying.

Same here. 65 years old and have been playing fps starting with Doom 2 over dial up. Ran numerous servers starting with Medal of Honor spearhead. Never remember seeing people hopping all over the place back then. Our Battalion server is:  AMI CLAN Welcome to No Strafe-Jump No Hopping. We enforce this  by kicking. Makes for a much more enjoyable game. Our website is:  http://ami.clanservers.com/

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Really nice to see some old timers. :D My first PC was an 8MHz Intel 80286 Microprocessor and my first game was Castle Wolfenstein 3D (1992). Fun to think about where we come from and how games have evolved.

Is the ami server located in US?

Yes sir. Our server is in New York. I too played Wolfenstein 3D. We have a Teamspeak server too. We get together mostly on Friday and Sunday nights between 7 and 9PM EST. Love to have like minded players stop in. We don't take it to seriously. Mainly get together for some fun. Fell free to join us. That's:  "AMI CLAN Welcome to No Strafe-Jump No Hopping"

You can also type in console: "connect 66.55.154.209:7777"

Join us on Teamspeak too. We'll give you the info in game.

• Upvote 1

awesome to see older gents still playing like, strafe jumping will 100% stay in this game though the maps are based around it and movement has been specially coded to play like the quake engine of cod4.. and wether you like it or not it will stay... and at your ages even a young man like yourself sir bob :P your reactions are going to be really slow for all fps games so you will always struggle with faster paced games which this is intended to be....

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

Strafe jumping might stay 100% in your game but not on our server. You liken it to COD4. I have run a COD4 server for years and don't see much of that. When I first got to play Battalion 1944 I was amazed at all the players constantly hopping around. They looked like popcorn popping.

SirBob. Come in anyways.

Edited by Amigaman

14 minutes ago, johnoboro said:

awesome to see older gents still playing like, strafe jumping will 100% stay in this game though the maps are based around it and movement has been specially coded to play like the quake engine of cod4.. and wether you like it or not it will stay... and at your ages even a young man like yourself sir bob :P your reactions are going to be really slow for all fps games so you will always struggle with faster paced games which this is intended to be....

Not really, the reactions are still there, but I get your point :D. I'm doing well both in BF and COD ww2. Rarely I'm not in the top 5 in BF out of 64 players.

I do not know why everyone thinks this game is fast. The only thing that's fast is killing because of the low TTK.

• Downvote 1

8 hours ago, SirBob said:

Not really, the reactions are still there, but I get your point :D. I'm doing well both in BF and COD ww2. Rarely I'm not in the top 5 in BF out of 64 players.

I do not know why everyone thinks this game is fast. The only thing that's fast is killing because of the low TTK.

well ive came from a few year of csgo and thats really slow compared to this

• Downvote 2

3 hours ago, johnoboro said:

well ive came from a few year of csgo and thats really slow compared to this

Agree. Never played Csgo, but have seen my son played it and yes it's more slow compared to B44. When I refer to the game as slow it is of course because 5x5 S&D or Wartide is slow in nature compared to conquest/domination 32x32 in BF. It can not be compared. If B44 had 32x32 it would be a lot faster than BF. But when you come from the kaos of BF with so many players and things to pay attention to this game seems slow.

Edited by SirBob

3 hours ago, SirBob said:

Agree. Never played Csgo, but have seen my son played it and yes it's more slow compared to B44. When I refer to the game as slow it is of course because 5x5 S&D or Wartide is slow in nature compared to conquest/domination 32x32 in BF. It can not be compared. If B44 had 32x32 it would be a lot faster than BF. But when you come from the kaos of BF with so many players and things to pay attention to this game seems slow.

yea that makes sense lol. ive always played SnD / wartide games i play arcade for 30 mins to warm up a bit but thats about it... they should increase it to 7 or 8 players per team in arcade, i think 5 isnt enough.

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, johnoboro said:

yea that makes sense lol. ive always played SnD / wartide games i play arcade for 30 mins to warm up a bit but thats about it... they should increase it to 7 or 8 players per team in arcade, i think 5 isnt enough.

Steam:

Hey, we just upgraded Arcade to 8v8!
Edited by SirBob

4 minutes ago, johnoboro said:

oh i hadnt noticed lol... sweet.

Yep, we are getting closer. GJ by the devs. Looking forward to try the game after patch.

Well, I tried again tonight and guess what people were actually jumping OVER my HEAD,  I think a jump height and length restriction may help.   Jumping was classed as cheating when I was a member of the Oldbreed clan, it avoids hit detection or something like that ( computers were the size of a small house when I was in my teens lol)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, johnoboro said:

correct this isnt the source engine :P

Nothing to do with the engine, bunnyhopping it's when you connect jumps to gain speed, CoD and Battalion have jumpshooting