Sign in to follow this  
omglookitsRaph

Colours in names

Greetings,
Does anyone know if there will be color customization in the nicknames? I believe that this was an option in the cod series untill cod2.
Its a very small feature but it allows you to have a more personal feeling and touch with the game.
In Call of Duty, you can use special Color-Codes:

^0 = Black
^1 = Red
^2 = Green
^3 = Yellow
^4 = Blue
^5 = Light Blue
^6 = Purple
^7 = White

Addidtional, CoD: United Offensive only

^8 = Changes color depending on map
American maps = Dark Green
Russian maps = Dark Red/Maroon
British maps = Dark Blue
^9 = Grey

Examples:
^2My ^3Name = My Name
^3Ra^1in^6bo^4w ^7Name = Rainbow Name
Thanks in advance and enjoy your day!

There is a big topic about this already. But the devs weren't very positive about it I Believe. However they didn't tell us if they we're or we''re not implementing this in the future. Looking at todays games and the combination with steam, I think Battalion will link their names with steam groups + names. Looking at that I think the chance is not so big. But yes it's a nice feature imo, but at this stage i don't think they will spend any time on it.

What i would like to add to this please allow more special characters. The tm is working for example but ɪ and ε show up as ???? in game.

In CS:GO these characters work without any problems. Not sure what they are called but perhaps it's a small adjustment?

Very good suggestion. After Cod4 it was impossible to have any colours once Activision and IW decided that they new best and the community were just a cash cow.  

Bring back coloured names and writing but allow the option to have it all switched off for those who like a more clinical professional look.

35 minutes ago, MagicalBubba said:

Very good suggestion. After Cod4 it was impossible to have any colours once Activision and IW decided that they new best and the community were just a cash cow.  

Bring back coloured names and writing but allow the option to have it all switched off for those who like a more clinical professional look.

Why do you want to write in color? I can understand for names and clannames to make them more unique.

But i guess a colored chat would be rly distracting and it doesn't add so much either.

In cod 1 and cod 2 you couldn't write in color in suppose. U were able to use it in names, servers, server messages etc.

But never in chat and the colors we're never shown below left where u see the latest kills. If u killed someone or someone killed u, u could see the color though which was nice imo. Basically the whole execution of colored names in cod 1 and cod 2 was perfect imo.

39 minutes ago, sNrklhaai said:

Why do you want to write in color? I can understand for names and clannames to make them more unique.

But i guess a colored chat would be rly distracting and it doesn't add so much either.

In cod 1 and cod 2 you couldn't write in color in suppose. U were able to use it in names, servers, server messages etc.

But never in chat and the colors we're never shown below left where u see the latest kills. If u killed someone or someone killed u, u could see the color though which was nice imo. Basically the whole execution of colored names in cod 1 and cod 2 was perfect imo.

It was never distracting at all. In Cod1& Cod2 it could be used in chat and names, in cod4 I think just names (badly). 

I would have it on a setting so people can either have it or not. I don't see a problem with that.

On 2018. 03. 05. at 4:26 PM, sNrklhaai said:

in cod2 you could write colored messages or binds