" Adze is an interesting fellow.

Thanks for linking me to current players, it was 1,100 last night so we're pleased :) 
It sucks we went down from day one of 19,000 but we were never expecting that many. Now we now there is a clear place on Steam for Battalion, we just need to fix the issues.

Thanks for spending your time updating us on the stats, we appreciate you putting in that work. We're really busy here so it's good that someone can do that for us. 
And thanks for the 134 hours / 5 days of your entire life you spent playing our 'ded gome' ;) we appreciate your support and sorry you feel negatively about the game.

Cheers for feedback all!
Joe "

Hi Joe!

Thank you for your kind words Joe, really warms my heart.
Looks like your head is still under the sand to think that way :/. Me, as one of your customers demand certain things, like atleast care about the game you have created. I didn't buy your product to play with the same 30 guys all the time, so you better listen to me. If you are happy with 1k players playing your game at 8pm then you are not aware that your game has(had) so much potentional to grow huge, which makes you look stupid :(.
People who wanted to play your game already bought your product, tried it and left (and will never come back most likely). Your game already got biggest possible hype at EA release. "Full release" won't even come close, cause whoever wanted to play your game already done that. Sorry to disappoint you.

Looking forward to see what's it gonna be at 8th of March, but experiencing your incompetency it's gonna be another failure.
Just to remind you:
EA release:

Lobby simulator for the first 2 days
Crashes every half hour until the first patch (still crashes LOL)
You couldn't balance teams (1v5, 3v5)
No VOIP
No Ranked
Unbalanced weapons
NO LOGIC card system (WTF:DD)

Then you added voip, but no HUD for it :DDDDDDD
Then you added hud, but only works at 16:9 and the quality is still horrible :DDDDDD
And you don't want me to start on peakers advantage :D
Btw ranked is really awesome, I mean there are like 4 ranks and you have to quit to see if you ranked up this system obviously attract new players.

You still couldn't fix the lvling system

Altho this list could be endless I'm not gonna bother typing it, cause you already know what mistakes you have made(or not)
Like I said earlier in the other journal I feel cheated , cause this is not how you make a game and this is not what I expected for my money.
Atleast you can see I'm putting hours into the game and not talking out of my head, got all the time on the world to do/play whatever I want so I got the experience :)
Sadly you are not as lucky with the others as with me, cause they just left and not contributing on the forum and don't even play the game anymore, so no problem.

Oh and I almost forgot here's a cool deal on humblebundle, called "Code your own game" - really good basic books, bulkhead should start reading.
https://www.humblebundle.com/books/code-your-own-games-books?hmb_source=navbar&hmb_medium=product_tile&hmb_campaign=tile_index_3

@[DEV] BRAMMERTRON

playing 39 min ago

Cya :)

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Maybe Adze is very cutting with his standpoints but these thoughts are very common for everyone now. So i believe that it would be nice if dev team give some answers and they do not keep that salty conversation with no sense at all. Questions are very clear and if brammertron has the time to answer nothing like closed thread,  also has the time to give us answers. 

47 minutes ago, dr_nikif0r0s said:

Maybe Adze is very cutting with his standpoints but these thoughts are very common for everyone now. So i believe that it would be nice if dev team give some answers and they do not keep that salty conversation with no sense at all. Questions are very clear and if brammertron has the time to answer nothing like closed thread,  also has the time to give us answers. 

Do you realize the game is an Early Access made by a small dev team and has been out for not even a month?

• Downvote 1

8 hours ago, Zane said:

Do you realize the game is an Early Access made by a small dev team and has been out for not even a month?

I dont speak about bugs, but core game mechanics which are not good as devs and you believes. In this world this is not exsuse at all. None expected glorius graphics or complexity mechanisms. devs wants something which is 10years old and they do not have done very good job. 1month and only 9% of day one players keep playing. Funny of that situation is that you believe that after 8th 3 everyone will return because the only problem is server bugs. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Zane said:

The team is that small yet they have time to fly out to different country's promoting lans etc instead of fixing the game to pull players back in?

Who are Battalions target audience? Esports or the community?

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Excel said:

The team is that small yet they have time to fly out to different country's promoting lans etc instead of fixing the game to pull players back in?

Who are Battalions target audience? Esports or the community?

First of all not all the devs went to IEM, second Bramm and Tuna are not even programmers so they can't fix bugs and promoting the game is their duty. The fact they are devs doesn't mean from now on they can't go to events to enjoy some free time, which in this case is also a good opportunity to discuss business with the ESL guys

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

36 minutes ago, Zane said:

is also a good opportunity to discuss business with the ESL guys

How can you negotiate or discuss business with anyone when your player base is diminishing?

Does the meeting go something like "Hey, we lost like 15000k players over the last month.... want to use our game for comps"?

Joking aside, you didn't answer my question of who are Battalions target audience?

41 minutes ago, Zane said:

Bramm and Tuna are not even programmers

Sorry i thought they were, my mistake.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Excel said:

Joking aside, you didn't answer my question of who are Battalions target audience?

Isn't that obvious? There is very little empathy for casual players. But on the other hand, competitive aspects of the game are not great either. 

It all comes down to Bulkhead not caring how many players they have atm. They are confident, that they still have one year of development and everything is going to be ok after that. 

@[DEV] BRAMMERTRON
VAC Bans for no reason won't help this game :DDDDDD

22 hours ago, Zane said:

Jesus christ, you are so naive :DD The devs have the same attitude, this is why 90% of the players left the game, cause they are just as delusional as you are.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, DarkMortyr said:

There is very little empathy for casual players

Main problem that have to be solved if the player base are to grow. The rumors say that the next BF will be WW2 in 2018, probably the most casual online pub game out there. If true and casuals would like to play ww2, then it's probably here they are going to go. One thing the Devs should consider and do something about.  Why are so many playing Pubg, csgo, BF, rainbow 6 and not B44. Solving the server problems, bugs, weapon balance and new maps may not be enough. That's just tweaking the game without really finding the reason why only 1k i playing. The devs knows spot on what the hardcore gamers want's, but I don't think they care about what casuals wants. I don't have the answer, but I think the devs should find out.

Edited by SirBob

39 minutes ago, SirBob said:

Main problem that have to be solved if the player base are to grow. The rumors say that the next BF will be WW2 in 2018, probably the most casual online pub game out there. If true and casuals would like to play ww2, then it's probably here they are going to go. One thing the Devs should consider and do something about.  Why are so many playing Pubg, csgo, BF, rainbow 6 and not B44. Solving the server problems, bugs, weapon balance and new maps may not be enough. That's just tweaking the game without really finding the reason why only 1k i playing. The devs knows spot on what the hardcore gamers want's, but I don't think they care about what casuals wants. I don't have the answer, but I think the devs should find out.

maps, maps, maps and maps. You need larger more casual maps for er casuals, and some larger maps for competitive. Obviously more than just that, like larger more open bombsites and a bigger bomb area with cover.  

But basically more competitive maps, bigger maps and more casual friendly maps. 

3 hours ago, adze said:

@[DEV] BRAMMERTRON
VAC Bans for no reason won't help this game :DDDDDD

Jesus christ, you are so naive :DD The devs have the same attitude, this is why 90% of the players left the game, cause they are just as delusional as you are.

I'm not naive, I'm just a programmer so I know how this kind of things work and I have a bit of common sense, people who expect an EA game to be fully functional are delusional

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

45 minutes ago, Zane said:

I'm not naive, I'm just a programmer so I know how this kind of things work and I have a bit of common sense, people who expect an EA game to be fully functional are delusional

IDK mate, can't recall any other EA that would be this bad.
Anyways, numbers don't lie
24-hour peak

Once it's finished you will enjoy this game with the other total 35 players

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

11 minutes ago, adze said:

IDK mate, can't recall any other EA that would be this bad.
Anyways, numbers don't lie
24-hour peak

Once it's finished you will enjoy this game with the other total 35 players

That means you either have a bad memory or haven't played many EA games

• Downvote 2

Just now, Zane said:

That means you either have a bad memory or haven't played many EA games

Played a few. Name me a worse EA title please

• Downvote 2

18 minutes ago, adze said:

Played a few. Name me a worse EA title please

The Stomping Land

4 minutes ago, Zane said:

The Stomping Land

You got me, that was horrible, maybe even worse than Battalion.

I played ARK as EA, when bugs and issues were found they put right straight away. Sometimes you got up to 5 updates a day but i feel the success to the player base was the devs listened and fixed issues asap where Battalion will stick to the road map and by this time players will just move on.

If they are just committed to developing the game for the competitive scene they should have made that very clear instead of sponging off the back's of casual gamers to fund their project for Esports or Lans.

On 2.3.2018 at 12:58 PM, adze said:

Thanks for linking me to current players, it was 1,100 last night so we're pleased :) 
It sucks we went down from day one of 19,000 but we were never expecting that many. Now we now there is a clear place on Steam for Battalion, we just need to fix the issues.

Thanks for spending your time updating us on the stats, we appreciate you putting in that work. We're really busy here so it's good that someone can do that for us. 
And thanks for the 134 hours / 5 days of your entire life you spent playing our 'ded gome' ;) we appreciate your support and sorry you feel negatively about the game.

Cheers for feedback all!
Joe "

Treating your customers with bitter sarcasm is just pure cringe. 

11 hours ago, DarkMortyr said:

Isn't that obvious? There is very little empathy for casual players. But on the other hand, competitive aspects of the game are not great either. 

It all comes down to Bulkhead not caring how many players they have atm. They are confident, that they still have one year of development and everything is going to be ok after that. 

Yeah, I'd hold that thought if I were them. Take a look at Days of War. On top of that there's, ironically, a battalion of angry people who, rightfully, feel cheated on what the final product will look like. This isn't a scenario where you can just wait it out but it's their game. If it flops it's only on them.

playing an hour ago

atleast u managed to get back to 1k with this update , gz, "alive and kicking" :DD

Outgoing reliable buffer overflow :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

dude give me a break

hi @[DEV] BRAMMERTRON

Edited by adze
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2