sNrklhaai

Games not yet dead guys.. Let's talk about it!

I don't really see why the last topic was closed. People reminding how much players are currently playing are just a small percentage of the total topic.

Maybe ban them for some time if u don't like em to remind you all the time. Like 90% of the posts are people that are still trying to help this game and because of that give their oppinions.

The title brougt life to the topic and I think it's good to have topics that trigger people to read it. Since there wasn't as much activity anymore since early access started.  So i hope you don't mind that i created this topic so we can move on discussing the current state of the game and i hope you get some vulnerable info out of it.

• Upvote 3

i agree, if i think someone is posting toxic, unproductive comments i just block them from my threads and they're gone. if you don't like how people conduct themselves don't interact with them. ignore them and let them do their thing. most people are intelligent enough to do that.

there are always people who get satisfaction out of making others miserable and hate as much as they are. by interacting with them you're simply feeding hate.

Edited by Farq-S
  • Upvote 2

Thanks I also don't see why brammertron is replying to these not so important posts and not replies to anything else in the topic.

To me it just seems like a waste of time, we rather get some info of what the devs think of some points that actually matter in the topic.

It wouldn't be bad to get our special backer forums back, so we can discuss again with the people who liked the game in the first place.

Just missed the times where our oppinion really mattered reffering to the private forums. Didn't mean the forums should return 4 real. 

Edited by sNrklhaai
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, sNrklhaai said:

Thanks I also don't see why brammertron is replying to these not so important posts and not replies to anything else in the topic.

To me it just seems like a waste of time, we rather get some info of what the devs think of some points that actually matter in the topic.

It wouldn't be bad to get our special backer forums back, so we can discuss again with the people who liked the game in the first place.

You want a special backer forum. Perhaps we can have non special backer forums to.  Ridiculous elitist suggestion.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I'm really curious what the effect of the next update will be. At the moment I actually enjoy playing Battalion 1944, mainly because I'm getting better at it. Something that worries me however is the playerbase. I don't want this game to die before full release. Something that's annoying aswell is the amount of toxic players you encounter ingame. At first I was getting all the abuse, but luckily not anymore because I got better. But it's not fun to see two or multiple people bitching at eachother the entire game through chat or talking. I could (probably) mute them, but then I wouldn't be able to hear from them where the enemies are. This toxic behaviour could also be extremely discouraging for new players. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, MagicalBubba said:

You want a special backer forum. Perhaps we can have non special backer forums to.  Ridiculous elitist suggestion.

Dont get me wrong, I will add some extra info. First we had a private forum for all alpha backers there who we're actually testing the game.

At that time it felt like our oppinions did rly matter. Now i feel like the people on Reddit matter more. Maybe it isn't true but it feels a bit like it.

So the post was maybe wrong im not asking for the forums just miss the times ;) But let's continue on the game instead.

Edited by sNrklhaai

14 minutes ago, sNrklhaai said:

at this point, talk is cheap. actions speak louder than words so let's see what the next update brings. don't agree with fragmenting the forum users. if you've played the game you've paid for it. money is the same whoever it's from.

The game is definitely not dead. There's already a couple of tournaments which are active and I can always find games no matter if its competitive or unranked.

10 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

I'm really curious what the effect of the next update will be. At the moment I actually enjoy playing Battalion 1944, mainly because I'm getting better at it. Something that worries me however is the playerbase. I don't want this game to die before full release. Something that's annoying aswell is the amount of toxic players you encounter ingame. At first I was getting all the abuse, but luckily not anymore because I got better. But it's not fun to see two or multiple people bitching at eachother the entire game through chat or talking. I could (probably) mute them, but then I wouldn't be able to hear from them where the enemies are. This toxic behaviour could also be extremely discouraging for new players. 

Toxic players were always there and they will remain in every game. Players who are toxic in in-game chat are not even communicating properly, they don't give you useful info, so don't bother muting them.

1 hour ago, crappy said:

The game is definitely not dead. There's already a couple of tournaments which are active and I can always find games no matter if its competitive or unranked.

Toxic players were always there and they will remain in every game. Players who are toxic in in-game chat are not even communicating properly, they don't give you useful info, so don't bother muting them.

I've been playing games for over 15 years and I'm aware that toxic players are and will always be there. But the toxic players in Battalion 1944 seem to be with more and seem to be next level. 

1 minute ago, Grasshopper said:

I've been playing games for over 15 years and I'm aware that toxic players are and will always be there. But the toxic players in Battalion 1944 seem to be with more and seem to be next level. 

Hahaha. Yeah, I guess they are unfamiliar with the phrase of early access.

1 hour ago, Grasshopper said:

lack of casuals playing for fun.

• Upvote 1

Adze is an interesting fellow.

Thanks for linking me to current players, it was 1,100 last night so we're pleased :) 
It sucks we went down from day one of 19,000 but we were never expecting that many. Now we now there is a clear place on Steam for Battalion, we just need to fix the issues.

Thanks for spending your time updating us on the stats, we appreciate you putting in that work. We're really busy here so it's good that someone can do that for us. 
And thanks for the 134 hours / 5 days of your entire life you spent playing our 'ded gome' ;) we appreciate your support and sorry you feel negatively about the game.

Cheers for feedback all!
Joe

Edited 7 hours ago by [DEV] BRAMMERTRON

@[DEV] BRAMMERTRON

don't listen to the haters. Your time is better spent on more important things. We are all here because we are into this game. The player count is alarming for us though because we don't want to lose something that we care about. Frustrations are high I'm sure on both ends but we just hope you have something up your sleeve to increase interest in the game!

The thing is, Brammer thinks that it's ok to have just a few thousands of active players and a playerbase that is going down super fast. It feels ok to him, because he supposedly didn't expect high numbers anyway. This is so unbelievable wrong mindset to have. As if we didn't learn anything from the past. It's so easy to hype a game (No Man's Sky anyone?), but it's very hard, sometimes close to impossible to come back if you fail to deliver soon after you allow anybody to play your game. Call it alpha, call it beta, call it early access but honestly people judge something soon after they try it. It's human nature to do that. Analyze new things as fast as possible, it's what your brain does and you don't even have to think about it. 

Sure, you might keep in mind "it's just a beta", but no matter what that experience will always leave you with some feeling about the game. And if it's not positive, chances are, you won't be interested to come back to it again. 

EA games are such a delicate thing. There are tons of them and they keep increasing in quantity almost every day. But a lot of them won't make it very far. A lot of devs use it just to milk customers with tons of microtransactions (probably the only thing that worked on Battalion day 1) and leave their game in EA even after several years (let's call it forever) without any significant improvements, so they can use EA as an excuse for all the problems their game has. There is bad aura around EA games, because most of them leave you with a nasty taste in your mouth. 

Battalion had minimal advertising, yet there was a lot of hype around it. Core of gameplay was decent, same for content ideas. Alpha community also wasn't so bad. But they just decided for the most stupid move I can think of. There was very limited Alpha testing, same for cbt and they just rushed it straight to EA. Killed the whole hype, created a bad name to their game, made a lot of people abandon it and on top of that they act like they don't even care. 

• Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, Sneak1961 said:

Games not yet dead guys.. Let's talk about it!

Friday night 620pm  here and 661 in game.........................

Mostly due to false VAC bans i think.

We all know there are problems with the game as it currently stands so lets wait and see what 8th March brings us then we can discuss it here for this topic to be locked too :)

Seriously though, why was the other topic locked because all i saw was a discussion about the game by people who want the game to play well.

Points to consider

• Cod2/4 players that this game was designed for are all 25+ approx. This means that probably half of them may of gone onto other games, 'hung up their mice', or not want/able to commit the time required (family/work etc)
  • The new fresh blood that really kickstarted cod4 was on the back of cod2. The game was current and established and community clans were thriving with 20+ servers and their own websites. Not to mention the 'apply to join Osiris' link (little name drop there to a community team)
  • There is a huuuge skill gap with new players joining and although all of us accept jumping around corners, if you are new its a hard game to master and there is little in the way of casual enjoyment.
  • I think you need to accept that unless this game is picked up by the 'fresh-blood' then you will only get 3k max players (with a decent wind in your back). I personally think that the tournaments are not going to kickstart as predicted as there is no playground for the new guys. Play ranked, come up against a fucking beast called Gunjax, lose and then say game is shit. (there is some humor in there before you keyboard warriors jump in) 

Just remember all this, if you enjoy it, play it. COD4 is gone, the reason its gone is because we all left it.

Peace

Gunjax x

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

40 minutes ago, Gunjax said:

Points to consider

• Cod2/4 players that this game was designed for are all 25+ approx. This means that probably half of them may of gone onto other games, 'hung up their mice', or not want/able to commit the time required (family/work etc)
  • The new fresh blood that really kickstarted cod4 was on the back of cod2. The game was current and established and community clans were thriving with 20+ servers and their own websites. Not to mention the 'apply to join Osiris' link (little name drop there to a community team)
  • There is a huuuge skill gap with new players joining and although all of us accept jumping around corners, if you are new its a hard game to master and there is little in the way of casual enjoyment.
  • I think you need to accept that unless this game is picked up by the 'fresh-blood' then you will only get 3k max players (with a decent wind in your back). I personally think that the tournaments are not going to kickstart as predicted as there is no playground for the new guys. Play ranked, come up against a fucking beast called Gunjax, lose and then say game is shit. (there is some humor in there before you keyboard warriors jump in) 

Just remember all this, if you enjoy it, play it. COD4 is gone, the reason its gone is because we all left it.

Peace

Gunjax x

well 16,000 to start with and it seems 15,000 of them hate jumping around corners so your welcome to the game all on your lonesome

you get all the peace you want lol

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

How can it be alive with such fckd up netcode, unbalanced weapons, broken economy system and probably the weakest anticheat we've ever had to deal with? This game gives no fun, no satisfaction, no opportunities. March 8th is the deadline. I bet we won't get /reconnect, /record, /r_gamma anyway.

Edited by craven.
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

6 minutes ago, Sneak1961 said:

well 16,000 to start with and it seems 15,000 of them hate jumping around corners so your welcome to the game all on your lonesome

If jumping around corners was the problem CoD wouldn't be one of the biggest fps games out there since its gameplay was always based on jumpshooting and dropshooting people, CoD's community is also made of a lot of casual players, so probably the reason why those 15.000 left isn't the jumping around corners itself.

3 minutes ago, craven. said:

How can it be alive with such fckd up netcode, unbalanced weapons, broken economy system and probably the weakest anticheat we've ever had to deal with? This game gives no fun, no satisfaction, no opportunities. March 8th is the deadline.

Fucked up netcode? Please watch Battlenonsense video, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about, netcode is fine, the only issue it has currently is the interpolation, which is being fixed next week, everything else is on the same level as CSGO or OW. "Weakest AC we've ever had to deal with" I've encountered maybe 2 cheaters in 83 hours playing Battalion on CoD I've found more than 20 in 100 hours and 15 of them weren't even hiding, EAC is definitely not the weakest AC, most of the times people just get rekt really hard and call cheats on the enemy team, happened to me 5 times yesterday in 4 hours 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

9 minutes ago, Sneak1961 said:

You completely misunderstood the post and the meaning behind it. 16000 people believed the hype assuming there was more than just 'competitive 5v5', which regardless of game type, the game is. The game did not actively encourage people to join up on ts and jump a server with 8-10 guys because the limits in place.

That 15000 was your community, your advertising, and the beginning of growth.

I cannot put it clearer than that.

• Upvote 1

I just read on another topic people are getting random Vac Bans while playing Battalion so that is maybe why the player numbers are low tonight?

There is obviously another reason or many reasons why 15000 players have given up on the game so early and it's a real shame the devs haven't put out some updates/patches sooner just to keep players interested and to show the community they are actively updating the game.

There is no doubt EA was hindered with problems which was probably enough to put off many excited players from day 1 combined with other issues in the game which i guess just turned players off.

42 minutes ago, Gunjax said:

You completely misunderstood the post and the meaning behind it. 16000 people believed the hype assuming there was more than just 'competitive 5v5', which regardless of game type, the game is. The game did not actively encourage people to join up on ts and jump a server with 8-10 guys because the limits in place.

That 15000 was your community, your advertising, and the beginning of growth.

I cannot put it clearer than that.

i never saw it like that before your post and although it's probably not the whole truth there could be some truth in that. i think many folk on here did understand your point but they've just stopped listening.

good point.

Edited by Farq-S

1100 players banned for no reason today. If the game was not dead before it will be now. Players will not stand for that... And the worst part is even players without the game got banned so the word is out not to play this game.... Dear Ho dear

• Downvote 1

I just brought myself and 4 others into the game.

We the community can and will affect the size of the community. Having mostly made up discussions like this based on rumors will definitely not increase the size.

We're fine, the game is great, just keep the community friendly and evolving. Thats up to us!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2