sNrklhaai

Games not yet dead guys.. Let's talk about it!

34 minutes ago, DarkMortyr said:

Shroud already hates this game (honestly most bigger streamers I saw streaming it, didn't like it very much). I don't think he will be interested to come back. They might pay him, but I bet he likes his viewer base more.

How do you know he hates the game? 

31 minutes ago, Zane said:

How do you know he hates the game? 

Well, "hate" was probably a mistake to say, but he lost excitement he had for this game. He was really hyped at the beginning but that changed very quickly. Another important fact is that his viewer base didn't seem to like it very much and streaming this for a longer period of time might actually hurt him. I am not gonna rewatch all of his VODs to find a specific examples of that, but I do have one where he states his opinion. 

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/225995722?t=03h12m49s

Edited by DarkMortyr

3 hours ago, DarkMortyr said:

Well, "hate" was probably a mistake to say, but he lost excitement he had for this game. He was really hyped at the beginning but that changed very quickly. Another important fact is that his viewer base didn't seem to like it very much and streaming this for a longer period of time might actually hurt him. I am not gonna rewatch all of his VODs to find a specific examples of that, but I do have one where he states his opinion. 

Who says Americans don't get Irony. Pro CS:GO player saying Battalion won't work as it's based on a 10 year old game :D

3 hours ago, DarkMortyr said:

I think he's half right, I agree with him on the fact Battalion probably won't ever be a big thing, but I don't think the cause is the fact they're making a "10 year old game in 2018" because that 10 year old game is CoD4 and to this day CoD is still one of the most played fps on the market, despite gameplay always being the same, exception given for the "exo suits cods", Battalion is supposed to be CoD without all the bullshits like killstreaks or claymores and with developer support. The reason why it is not doing well is that right now the game is not a CoD4 2.0 but more a CoD4 wannabe in WW2 and it is unsure whether the game will ever be able to be a true spiritual successor rather than an inferior copy

1 hour ago, Zane said:

I think he's half right, I agree with him on the fact Battalion probably won't ever be a big thing, but I don't think the cause is the fact they're making a "10 year old game in 2018" because that 10 year old game is CoD4 and to this day CoD is still one of the most played fps on the market, despite gameplay always being the same, exception given for the "exo suits cods", Battalion is supposed to be CoD without all the bullshits like killstreaks or claymores and with developer support. The reason why it is not doing well is that right now the game is not a CoD4 2.0 but more a CoD4 wannabe in WW2 and it is unsure whether the game will ever be able to be a true spiritual successor rather than an inferior copy

The 'funny' thing is they never mentioned COD4 or Promod during their Kickstarter project. But that's exactly the game it feels like the most. On the Cybergamer forum they even made it sound like they were going to make a COD2 remake. I'm not going to be an asshole towards Joe Brammer and his team, but seeing the posts below and seeing the outcome of this game still makes me sad.

https://eu.cybergamer.com/forums/thread/584785/Would-you-buyback-a-COD2-remake/

https://eu.cybergamer.com/forums/thread/586711/Battalion-1944-producer-the-COD2-community/

17 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

I'm not going to be an asshole towards Joe Brammer and his team, but seeing the posts below and seeing the outcome of this game still makes me sad.

https://eu.cybergamer.com/forums/thread/584785/Would-you-buyback-a-COD2-remake/

https://eu.cybergamer.com/forums/thread/586711/Battalion-1944-producer-the-COD2-community/

Just seems now like a simple sales pitch knowing what PC gamers wanted or needed but delivered something else after getting the funding.

It's hard to like someone when what they offer is nothing like what you actually get.

Had great hopes for this game but feel let down.... oh well, i will be looking forward to the other new releases.

• Upvote 3

the real kicker is ironsight is out ftp and does all that old cod players wanted and really well. infact its amazing. and it is free ! it just shows you that while we wait for the normal of bad game design and not doing what you actually want in a game someone can get it right and when it does everyone loves it.

infact the best part is its free because it will actually shake some of these lazy ass bad game designers. if people can ship a game this good for free and ftp is the future of gaming then all the big companies will have to stop farming out bad half finished games and actually put out big good games with original working ideas.

i hope battalion does pull its socks up and get it right but i think how it launched and how its gone has already doomed itself. everyone i know doesnt want to play it now at all thats from literally a month ago with playing with loads to 0 interest ! thats coming from people who played all the cods medal of honors from the start of pc. shame.

New week maybe a new record for daily pick players!!! None want to play a game with mechanics which has design for a small number of players and  The problem is not the marketing or advertising (if they advertise this game maybe they have no future at all). Mechanics - bunny jumping - movement - ttk - economy has to change to make this game just good. Maybe all that was good for 2007. For 2018 it is rediculus. Numbers speak guys. 

Edited by dr_nikif0r0s
  • Like 2

Everyone who's been here since the beginning knows me and knows my Clan. They are also very aware that we don't get on well with the Devteam, (especially Tuna), they irritate us at times and we're very well aware that the feeling is mutual xD .

Why start my post like this, folks? It's simple. No one on planet Earth can ever label us as being "fanboys" of "Battalion 1944", certainly not with any credibility. Therefore, what we tell others about the game is our honest appraisal of the situation at present.

The game is far from being dead, it's in trouble, sure, but a game can only truly be classed as being dead when its Devteam "up tools" and disappear over the horizon. The "Battalion 1944" Devs have not and will not do this. Even at this difficult stage in the game's development process, they still believe 100% in what they are doing and what they want to achieve. They will not give up, Joe Brammer is far too stubborn and determined to let that happen.

The game is in this situation for 2 main reasons. Joe, (and whoever else was advising him), released the game far too early. Not only was the game not ready, the servers were not even ready either, leading to a catastrophic debut for "BATT44". That's "reason one".

Reason two? This misjudgement on Joe's/his team's part gave the "anti-Battalion Hate Train" all the ammunition they needed in order to slaughter the game far and wide on the dear ol' interweb. They started on "day one" of the game's "Early Access" release and they simply have not stopped, attacking the game in general and the Devteam too, relentlessly. Their warped and incessant hatred for "all things Battalion" knows no bounds. Their unjustified hatred seems almost "fashionable", within some quarters, at this moment in time O.o .

What did the supposedly "arrogant" and "rude" Joe Brammer do during all this online carnage? He stuck two fingers up at the community and said, "Up yours! I've got the cash already! I don't care what you think!", right? No, he most certainly did not, he actually did the exact opposite. He immediately went on video, contacted the community and humbly apologised for what had occured, publicy eating a large slice of "humble pie" in the process. He blamed himself, no one else.

"Hey, Enstein, there's a third reason you're avoiding, those game mechanics, all this damn jumping-one shot-no scope-strafing routine!".

Pardon my French, but that claim is complete and utter bollocks. Were there any gameplay videos released showing in-game action of "Battalion 1944"? We all know there was, tons of it was made available to us, with class acts like Phantasy and Shroud strafing, one-shotting and jumping all over the maps and everyone was "frothing at the mouth" for some of that "BATT44" action.

In other words, ladies 'n' gents, "Battalion 1944" does "exactly what it says on the tin". Are the mechanics perfected yet? No, they need more work. Are the map layouts perfected yet? No, they need more work too. All this will take more time and a lot more testing, it's "Early Access" time and that's what it's for.

The vast majority of our Clan now own "Battalion 1944", we're here for the "long haul". To those like-minded players I say this, it's time to "buckle up" because the road we're on will get a lot rougher before we finally reach that "polished tarmac".

To the haters? Only you know why you do what you do and what you you hope to achieve by it. However, I promise you this, my Clan will still be here, long after you've gone off on your next hate-filled excursion. Good riddance to the lot of you.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Having seen the hate attached to recent games like ,Day of Infamy, Battalion1944 and Days of War i have become almost blazé about posting as most that frequent forums seem to mostly be millenial fuckwits who are only interested in the posts which they use to massage their perceived importance.  Does what i post mean anything....absolutely not! so dont bother flaming me i wont be back to read your twaddle. But  i have been a gamer since gaming started, i have seen keyboard warriors who sit and abuse anyone that does not agree with their point of view. The true purpose of forums should be to share ideas and help developers shape a game to suit the majority of the players. All players not just the select few I have seen posts that state the only players that count are pro gamers, utter bollocks!! for a game to go on and thrive its the community gamers that will keep it alive they will be the ones making maps and mods but that does not mean pro gamers should be excluded. Having been involved in one way shape or form with 5 dev teams recently joe here is one of the few i really admire  i can tell you this, whilst i was biblically upset by the way we as a clan got treated and Enstein and i did personally, there is one person i trust to get the game right and that is Joe, his passion is clear i disagree with some of his decisions but thats a personal matter not anything to do with the game. 

Our version of Battalion is not  what 99% of what most of the owners will play but once we get all the tools i know our server will be full just like our Day of Infamy server is, the only Custom server in that game that is full every night and is where those DOI  devs play too. This is probably my last post here and i have met some great people, and i wanted to finish off by saying for those that have more patience than me, help the devs improve this game rather than just sit there and bitch and moan. To all the haters wait a couple of weeks and Hell Let loose will be out and you can attack that one and leave Battalion alone because say what you like about joe and his team, unlike the Days of War devteam who took the money and ran Joe  and the guys address concerns when raised and dont run and hide, so be thankful. You could have been well and truly shafted, more so than us.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, Dogster said:

Having seen the hate attached to recent games like ,Day of Infamy, Battalion1944 and Days of War i have become almost blazé about posting as most that frequent forums seem to mostly be millenial fuckwits who are only interested in the posts which they use to massage their perceived importance.  Does what i post mean anything....absolutely not! so dont bother flaming me i wont be back to read your twaddle. But  i have been a gamer since gaming started, i have seen keyboard warriors who sit and abuse anyone that does not agree with their point of view. The true purpose of forums should be to share ideas and help developers shape a game to suit the majority of the players. All players not just the select few I have seen posts that state the only players that count are pro gamers, utter bollocks!! for a game to go on and thrive its the community gamers that will keep it alive they will be the ones making maps and mods but that does not mean pro gamers should be excluded. Having been involved in one way shape or form with 5 dev teams recently joe here is one of the few i really admire  i can tell you this, whilst i was biblically upset by the way we as a clan got treated and Enstein and i did personally, there is one person i trust to get the game right and that is Joe, his passion is clear i disagree with some of his decisions but thats a personal matter not anything to do with the game. 

Our version of Battalion is not  what 99% of what most of the owners will play but once we get all the tools i know our server will be full just like our Day of Infamy server is, the only Custom server in that game that is full every night and is where those DOI  devs play too. This is probably my last post here and i have met some great people, and i wanted to finish off by saying for those that have more patience than me, help the devs improve this game rather than just sit there and bitch and moan. To all the haters wait a couple of weeks and Hell Let loose will be out and you can attack that one and leave Battalion alone because say what you like about joe and his team, unlike the Days of War devteam who took the money and ran Joe  and the guys address concerns when raised and dont run and hide, so be thankful. You could have been well and truly shafted, more so than us.

I know you probably won't react as stated in your message, but I will give it a try nonetheless. What do you consider to be hate? Give me some examples please. 

As I first heard about Battalion 1944 I was hyped. I haven`t played much different Online-Shooters since Call of Duty 2.
Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Insurgency, CS:GO.. I had fun with them but nothing could bring back the excitement of the past days.

My expectations for this game were high. In the Kickstarter campaign they even showed Call of Duty 2!

This could only get good, right?

The time passed and I sometimes engaged in the conversation around this game and shared my ideas.

First doubts about this game came up when Brammertron talked in an interview about the weapon recoil. That players could easily adapt to the recoil of the weapons and that they want to focus more on the movement. A game that should bring back the mechanics of the oldschool games without much recoil? After all the first Call of duty was known for much recoil especially the BAR.

As I had the first oppurtunity to play this game myself when it released into Early Access I began to see the problems of this game.

The game was not what I expected. I played bad, but didn't have fun. I played good, but didn`t have fun either. The guns felt mostly the same and not satisfiying. Because of the fast gameplay there were no evolving cool gunfights.

To be honest it remembered me more of the new Call of Dutys than the old ones. I can live with crashes, bugs and delayed updates but why should I play a game that I simply do not enjoy?

Discussions began and many players had the view that Battalion needs big changes on the core mechanics. Often discussed was the "time to kill" but I never saw a statement from the developers about it. Also the full time community manager is rarely seen replying to people. Even if some guys are assholes and shout their same phrases "dead game" etc. it wouldn`t hurt to show more presence.

In the big announced march update they said there wil be changes to the gameplay but only a small nerf to the smgs was made. Critics were called "braindead". It doesn`t matter if they critism was justified or not. It just isnt professional for an developer to do that.

The maps indeed got better but the core mechanics of this game were still nearly untouched.

What I want to say is, Haters don`t just appear out of nowhere. They have a reason to hate the game and they are sometimes not that wrong but they voice their opionion in the wrong way. Bulkhead Interactive gave them enough reasons to be mad.

First off Bulkhead Interactive built up a massive hype around the game that they simply couldn`t fulfill. If you are dissappointed you sometimes get angry. In their kickstarter campaign they seem to have not clarified enough that Battalion is NOT an shooter that aims for realism. And you can easily find more.

Both sides are to blame. Even my hopes for this game are almost gone. It is not the game I had hoped for.

I even reinstalled Call of Duty 2 to see if maybe I was wrong and I simply didn`t enjoy this type of game anymore. But no, I still have a lot of fun with this game. I only miss the sprint in this game. I got so used to it.

It maybe was too optimistic to await that a small team of developers could make an game that is as good as Call of Duty 2. I mean Call of Duty 2 was made by maybe the most expierenced developers of that time.

But on the other hand I could also be evil and say that the developers can`t even optimize the game that they made. I have 50 FPS or less when playing this game while I have in Battlefield 1 in Full-HD more FPS.. Which is also true.

I am not even angry or something, just dissapointed.

If only the developers could state if they are going with this super fast gameplay or if they are ready to make drastic changes for the core mechanics.

If they want to keep the super fast gameplay without recoil and fast time to till they should just say it and I could find my peace with this game and move on. But if they say they I will make bigger changes to the gameplay I will stick around and atleast try it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, powerZ said:

This. ^

4 hours ago, WolfEnstein said:

Everyone who's been here since the beginning knows me and knows my Clan. They are also very aware that we don't get on well with the Devteam, (especially Tuna), they irritate us at times and we're very well aware that the feeling is mutual xD .

Why start my post like this, folks? It's simple. No one on planet Earth can ever label us as being "fanboys" of "Battalion 1944", certainly not with any credibility. Therefore, what we tell others about the game is our honest appraisal of the situation at present.

Well, then you know me too. And you know that I never ever hated Battalion during Alpha / cbt stage. 

The game is far from being dead, it's in trouble, sure, but a game can only truly be classed as being dead when its Devteam "up tools" and disappear over the horizon. 

Nah. This might be applied for development of the game. Game is actually dead when there is no one left to play with.

The game is in this situation for 2 main reasons. Joe, (and whoever else was advising him), released the game far too early. Not only was the game not ready, the servers were not even ready either, leading to a catastrophic debut for "BATT44". That's "reason one".

Reason two? This misjudgement on Joe's/his team's part gave the "anti-Battalion Hate Train" all the ammunition they needed in order to slaughter the game far and wide on the dear ol' interweb. They started on "day one" of the game's "Early Access" release and they simply have not stopped, attacking the game in general and the Devteam too, relentlessly. Their warped and incessant hatred for "all things Battalion" knows no bounds. Their unjustified hatred seems almost "fashionable", within some quarters, at this moment in time O.o .

Reason one is true. Reason two is a complete bs, sorry to say that. Have you ever tried to look for example for hate on PUBG? And I don't mean now. No. Since the first CBT. This game had (still has) crazy amount of issues. A lot of people could not even play or run this game properly. There was (and still is) a massive shitstorm about that. Hell, it even has the same steam rating like Battalion. Or ever heard of H1z1 King of the Kill before PUBG happened? You could seriously write a book for the amount of game breaking issues it had. Yet, a lof of people played it and even much more players are playing PUBG atm. Despite all those problems. It's never only about issues. If the game has a fun concept that makes players want to come back and play more, they can endure a lot of crap. But that's not the case for Battalion. And sure, part of that problem is rushing EA release, that was a huge mistake. But that's not the only reason. For example, since the start of the development, they don't seem to care about casual players very much. There is very little effort to create some fun enviroment for them (there was none around alpha/cbt stage). They are also very passive atm, they stopped responding even to constructive criticism and all they seem to care about right now are lans/tournaments. Which is funny considering how unfinished their game is atm. 

What did the supposedly "arrogant" and "rude" Joe Brammer do during all this online carnage? He stuck two fingers up at the community and said, "Up yours! I've got the cash already! I don't care what you think!", right? No, he most certainly did not, he actually did the exact opposite. He immediately went on video, contacted the community and humbly apologised for what had occured, publicy eating a large slice of "humble pie" in the process. He blamed himself, no one else.

This might be partially true for the first day of EA release, but in general it's far from true. I already reacted on this topic here:

"Hey, Enstein, there's a third reason you're avoiding, those game mechanics, all this damn jumping-one shot-no scope-strafing routine!".

Pardon my French, but that claim is complete and utter bollocks. Were there any gameplay videos released showing in-game action of "Battalion 1944"? We all know there was, tons of it was made available to us, with class acts like Phantasy and Shroud strafing, one-shotting and jumping all over the maps and everyone was "frothing at the mouth" for some of that "BATT44" action.

Now I am talking only for myself but this "strafe jumping issue" to me is because it's used so extremely much. I love CoD4 Promod with all my heart, it's still the best fps game (mode) I've ever played but strafe jumping here was never so extreme. Not on any skill level. And I honestly feel, this is one of the things that is killing the game atm. 

I also don't see a reason why anybody should not be able to turn off strafe jumping on his own server if he doesn't like it. Sure, it would require some work, but there are clearly a lot of players that are interested in that. 

In other words, ladies 'n' gents, "Battalion 1944" does "exactly what it says on the tin".

I don't mean to be harsh but I would advise you to read / watch their kickstarter page and then come back to your comment. While I knew what Battalion is really supposed to be back in time, I don't think it's completely fair for those who supported this project based on their kickstarter campaign.

Are the mechanics perfected yet? No, they need more work. Are the map layouts perfected yet? No, they need more work too. All this will take more time and a lot more testing, it's "Early Access" time and that's what it's for.

I wrote my insight on that here: 

The vast majority of our Clan now own "Battalion 1944", we're here for the "long haul". To those like-minded players I say this, it's time to "buckle up" because the road we're on will get a lot rougher before we finally reach that "polished tarmac".

To the haters? Only you know why you do what you do and what you you hope to achieve by it. However, I promise you this, my Clan will still be here, long after you've gone off on your next hate-filled excursion. Good riddance to the lot of you.

I refuse to believe that there are only two groups "like-minded players" and "haters". There are also players that do care, put a lof of hope into Battalion and have some serious concerns about the future of this game and want their voices to be heard and responded to. Because you know ... criticism is kinda important thing for any development / project / product / etc. It's completely natural thing in any segment and it's important for it's future development, so it should never be completely ignored. 

Sure, some people take it way too far. Some are pure toxic and doesn't really provide any meaningful insight, but that doesn't make it right to ignore other people. 

Edited by DarkMortyr
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

On 3/25/2018 at 9:11 AM, DarkMortyr said:

i agreed with your post on the first page, regardless what shroud is saying here, which i think hes wrong from start to finish in that segment.

The problem was that who ever made this game plan, was clearly either careless or rushed, i dont know if thats because another company wanted to push it faster before it was ready or what, but there is no doubt that it was a poor decision to go so fast from a beta to EA.

We had all these so called alpha testers...yet we somehow made it to beta with all those server and matchmaking issues. Then for what ever reason, a 2 day beta? really? No stress test, as if we had no server issues prior the beta... And then shortly after straight into EA..... Seems extremely rushed.

And here is why i said shroud was wrong about what he said in that video. On the launch of EA, we had like 16k+ players playing the damn game.... those are amazing numbers for a game like this...we can even call it astronomical numbers....Yet because it was rushed, everyone of us experienced beyond ridiculous bugs and glitches and crashes and the que times were abnormal, i remember being in a que for 1 hour...Then on top of that, no comp mode, and blame who ever you want about the google server issues, then the vac bans on top of that? yup, that would kill the population pretty easily, hell it took about 2-4 weeks for majority of those issues to be fixed, but the stigma remains, the negative experience cannot be fixed as easily as a glitch or a bug can, and now we are stuck with negativity and questions.

Sure the game is in much better place right now, even without the proper comp mode, but the trick will be getting players to come back that have purchased the game, and giving them a good positive experience, and with a year long EA plan, it remains to be seen if this game can be revived. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PjDovs92yr-yK7tOuXRPKLfw0gYKH07EbSKJ_1OcHKw/edit?usp=sharing released too early bla bla... you lot are gamers thats it. you dont know anything about the work they do what they are doing and why they do things.. all i hear is early access too early bla bla bla. no early access or nothing at all because they didnt have the funds keep going without EA

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 bad joe is still using his time to tweet towards haters or other people that complain about certain elements of the game.

This is still a thing that makes me scared for the future of battalion 1944. It just doesn't really look professional to me.

Ahh ye we'll c, haven't played for some days now. But i guess they are happy when soon 50 players are playing for the rest of the year to help them test wartide 2 and the other new updates, and when there will still be a tournament  every week with 10 teams playing.

Let's hope we get a huge turn around.

early access is such a mine field and part of battalions problem isnt even battalion but early access as a whole.many people have brought in early access games and been burned. so while many people really want battalion to succeed me included you just fear its another dayz sa waiting to rob your cash with no end product.

cause it happens so often in early access games many will be on the negative if a game at early stages doesnt show some kind of following or glimpse of how good it can be. can people be really harsh on people from seeing how the game launched and how many issues followed it.

yes there will be issues at launch of any game that is to be expected. the launch was mainly the issue of what the games facing now.anyone saying different is lying.

imagine the game launched fine the servers didnt crash for that first full week. you would have quite a considerable amount more playing now than is.the problem aswell isnt just that . fortnite is free people play in groups and pubg has many playing then you have this week ironsight which is amazing ftp game which takes all the best of cod and gives it you for free and literally is as good as any recent cod better and does most of what we want in battalion now ! at launch in beta.

battallion is going to have a hard time and that time really needs to be focused on what it needs to succeed.

On 3/25/2018 at 9:49 PM, Grasshopper said:

The 'funny' thing is they never mentioned COD4 or Promod during their Kickstarter project.

Oh yes they did. Battalion would be a mixture between COD2:COD4 and a little W:ET. But i think exactly this hasn't really been reached. It lacks the right atmosphere and most of all maps are, in all honesty and sorry for sounding cruel, horrible. They do not follow COD map design "base plan" such as: CQC in the center, long range fighting on the outskirts with two story fighting. Basically all maps in COD2 and COD:MW have been layed out like that. And when maps " suck " gamers tend to quickly put a game back on the shelves. So much i know from having over 15 years of competitive gaming experience. Despite how good looking a game is.

On 3/22/2018 at 6:09 PM, Grasshopper said:

I don't think all dev's fly off to different lans, but eSports seems to be their priority number one from the start. That's probably the biggest mistake they made.

I have to admit. A good and catchy game will be picked up by Esport scene automatically (look again at COD2; they were not pushed TO Clanbase but adopted BY Clanbase due to many requests made by players that picked up this game in some local record shop and enjoyed it SO much whilst playing online that they wanted to go competitive. I kinda got the feeling that, even though i like the competitive approach of the devs, especially the no life (but relatively small) FPS Esport community is THE targeted audience pretty much not involving the casual gamers (relatively LARGE amount of players!) that might pick up this game and play it 24/7 eventually.

On 3/23/2018 at 8:34 PM, adze said:

Let's all laugh at Joe instead

"

playing 13 min ago

"

hi @[DEV] BRAMMERTRON

:DDDDDDDD

This is plain trolling and very immature. Stop it. They deserve better. 

On 3/25/2018 at 12:44 AM, Excel said:

I agree, the game has a peak player count of 470 last 24 hours and Joe Brammer hasn't been on these forums in like 12 days.

Not only is the game dying a death but the forums are as well.

GG Bulkhead, nice way to thank the people who funded your little project :/

Trust me, they have and they keep on spending insane amount of time per day on this game. Also don't forget, Joe in particular, has had a very rough time during Battalion development (remember the tragedy with his unborn child?!) that he MIGHT just be burned out almost right now. And seeing all the work that still has to be done to get Battalion on it's track, it's to no surprise that he aint around that often here no....  So better give them some slack here.

I DO agree though that having just ONE single forum would have helped creating a dedicated player base instead of separated one as now. I already proposes this long time ago: to have just ONE  OFFICIAL forum as of where devs would come pay visits and answer questions and such. Not like "we"  have now: Reddit, Steam, Bat, etc etc. It's simply to fragmented.

Anyways, the general perception i got from reading all of the recent comments is that Battalion player base has not improved yet. That's a pity for sure because this game had (and perhaps has) high potential. 

• Downvote 1

32 minutes ago, yiNMastah said:

Oh yes they did. Battalion would be a mixture between COD2:COD4 and a little W:ET. But i think exactly this hasn't really been reached. 

I've had the same discussion with two people before and both couldn't give me any evidence that COD4 was mentioned during the Kickstarter project. I might be overlooking something, but where did they mention COD4 according to you? 

9 hours ago, yiNMastah said:

Oh yes they did. Battalion would be a mixture between COD2:COD4 and a little W:ET. But i think exactly this hasn't really been reached. It lacks the right atmosphere and most of all maps are, in all honesty and sorry for sounding cruel, horrible. They do not follow COD map design "base plan" such as: CQC in the center, long range fighting on the outskirts with two story fighting. Basically all maps in COD2 and COD:MW have been layed out like that. And when maps " suck " gamers tend to quickly put a game back on the shelves. So much i know from having over 15 years of competitive gaming experience. Despite how good looking a game is.

I have to admit. A good and catchy game will be picked up by Esport scene automatically (look again at COD2; they were not pushed TO Clanbase but adopted BY Clanbase due to many requests made by players that picked up this game in some local record shop and enjoyed it SO much whilst playing online that they wanted to go competitive. I kinda got the feeling that, even though i like the competitive approach of the devs, especially the no life (but relatively small) FPS Esport community is THE targeted audience pretty much not involving the casual gamers (relatively LARGE amount of players!) that might pick up this game and play it 24/7 eventually.

This is plain trolling and very immature. Stop it. They deserve better. 

Trust me, they have and they keep on spending insane amount of time per day on this game. Also don't forget, Joe in particular, has had a very rough time during Battalion development (remember the tragedy with his unborn child?!) that he MIGHT just be burned out almost right now. And seeing all the work that still has to be done to get Battalion on it's track, it's to no surprise that he aint around that often here no....  So better give them some slack here.

I DO agree though that having just ONE single forum would have helped creating a dedicated player base instead of separated one as now. I already proposes this long time ago: to have just ONE  OFFICIAL forum as of where devs would come pay visits and answer questions and such. Not like "we"  have now: Reddit, Steam, Bat, etc etc. It's simply to fragmented.

Anyways, the general perception i got from reading all of the recent comments is that Battalion player base has not improved yet. That's a pity for sure because this game had (and perhaps has) high potential. 

the daily peak barely reaching 500, let's all laugh :DDD

• Downvote 2

10 hours ago, yiNMastah said:

Don't get me wrong, i wanted this game to work as many others did but i feel the negativity has been created by the lack of transparency by the dev team has not helped them at all not to mention the disappointment the game is right now.

Where is the community manager? where are any updates posted on this forum about the game? I only find out about the bad stuff and moaning because i only come to these "official" forums because i refuse to scour the reddit and/or steam forums to find out about one game. Three sites for one game? really!

I don't know, something isn't right about all this. Perhaps they are spending more time developing the console version of the game because i think that is the only option for another cash wave will come from..... maybe im wrong, maybe if the team was a little more open to there fans there wouldn't be any doubts concerning Battalion 1944.

9 hours ago, Excel said:

Where is the community manager? where are any updates posted on this forum about the game? I only find out about the bad stuff and moaning because i only come to these "official" forums because i refuse to scour the reddit and/or steam forums to find out about one game. Three sites for one game? really!

Well it was the same in the alpha actually. At that stage u already had to search everywhere for information. One time it's on this forums, other time on kickstarter then on discord. Basically it's the same as before. I am in the discord for a lot of months now but the people who i played with before didn't even have the info about the updates and stuff.. Which probally also means a  lot of people didn't even know about the first huge update. Except the people who we're still following

3 hours ago, sNrklhaai said:

Well it was the same in the alpha actually. At that stage u already had to search everywhere for information. One time it's on this forums, other time on kickstarter then on discord. Basically it's the same as before. I am in the discord for a lot of months now but the people who i played with before didn't even have the info about the updates and stuff.. Which probally also means a  lot of people didn't even know about the first huge update. Except the people who we're still following

The lack of communication on here is why I check their subreddit. Luckily you don't have to make an account for that. But I still think it's weird. They made this official forum and they don't even use it themselves to communicate. That's probably the reason, beside the game not doing that great, that this forum is bleeding to death. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/26/2018 at 11:15 AM, dgeesio said:

the real kicker is ironsight is out ftp and does all that old cod players wanted and really well. infact its amazing. and it is free ! it just shows you that while we wait for the normal of bad game design and not doing what you actually want in a game someone can get it right and when it does everyone loves it.

alright calm down. the movement is straight ass in that game and the hitreg comes with a hefty delay because they chose TCP over UDP.

as for cod vs battalion, if there is one thing cod does right its drawing casuals to the game and keeping them there and it does so thru numerous reward systems lke extensive ranks for levelling, achievements, rewards, unlocks, crispy hitmark sounds, bounce back skills, all that kinda stuff. battalion has none of this and it also barely has content so its no surprise all the people left. then ranked just placed everyone at the same rank from the getgo, not even a variance from silver 1 to silver 5, just striaght up silver 3 for everyone. people in ranked are toxic, skillgaps are huge. its really no surprise.

they had a chance to have a decent playerbase, but they busted it by going EA way too soon.

now I will say they probably have another shot when they push the marketing and release a whole bunch of new content, at least like 3-4 new maps and gamemodes and just stuff so it feels like there is something to do for people. they will probably call this full release or something. then they have another shot at gaining some traction and I might hold on till then, because the fps market isnt exactly saturated with great games.

Edited by krieg0r
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1