sNrklhaai

Games not yet dead guys.. Let's talk about it!

On 12/03/2018 at 12:21 AM, Excel said:

What is so harsh, its the truth lol. I was playing CoD back in the day and every CoD thereafter but mainly CoD2 and CoD4 in leagues and im 50 so i based my age bracket of players from around those times if that's what you meant by being harsh.

People like me wanted that game play style back but instead we got the equivalent of CoD Advanced Warfare without the jetpacks but the same effect :)

same here im 57 i am really disapointed and i used play cod/cod2 back in the day on the dad clan/ fun clan in leagues and such   lol them were the days

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

25 minutes ago, Sneak1961 said:

same here im 57 i am really disapointed and i used play cod/cod2 back in the day on the dad clan/ fun clan in leagues and such   lol them were the days

You got to be kidding me LOL

I was in DAD and FUN clan, played in CodLeague for many years but i don't recognize your name unless you had a different name back then?..... No Hopping No Bullshit was the leagues moto and very successful it was too :)

• Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, Excel said:

I was in DAD and FUN clan, played in CodLeague for many years but i don't recognize your name unless you had a different name back then?..... No Hopping No Bullshit was the leagues moto and very successful it was too :)

I'm going to show this topic when people say I'm too old to play games(in my late 20's). :D By the way, am I the only one on here that still plays Battalion?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

I'm going to show this topic when people say I'm too old to play games(in my late 20's). :D

Seriously mate i think you missed out. Back in the day it was so different to how things are now, we had people wanting to be in clans and dedicated communities playing online friendly's and league matches and a great friendly community and i think a lot of that era of players saw Battalion as a "blast from the past" and thought it was going to be like the good old days once more.

11 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

By the way, am I the only one on here that still plays Battalion?

I tried the game on patch day, got error "lost connection to host" and haven't bothered since. Probably wait for Q2 update but on a side note CoD WW2 has an update out with new weapons and stuff LOL

• Upvote 1

I can tell you a lot have been changed in a good way :D

I love the game!

Edited by WeAsOne
  • Downvote 1

I wanted too, i truly did but nope im just not feeling it im afraid. I hope one day soon they sort this game out.

1 hour ago, Excel said:

I played in DiVAs back in the day. From PAM to realism mods in league. Was a fun time.

4 hours ago, Excel said:

Seriously mate i think you missed out. Back in the day it was so different to how things are now, we had people wanting to be in clans and dedicated communities playing online friendly's and league matches and a great friendly community and i think a lot of that era of players saw Battalion as a "blast from the past" and thought it was going to be like the good old days once more.

Im 49, and like you Excel..I was hoping this game would be a flash back to the great times playing in clans and leagues against other, although i spent more time playing Moh and RTCW than than COD 1 and 2. I havent logged in enough playing hours in Battallion to give much of an opinion, but not the blast from the past,   will wait til full release and give it another shot. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, MagicalBubba said:

I played in DiVAs back in the day. From PAM to realism mods in league. Was a fun time.

I remember DiVAS in the PRM CoD1 and 2 days.  Some good battles with you guys with 1st-IB

I remember DIVAS and 1st-ib  I was in LOH clan cod 1 and 2 great days good leagues had it all what we got now ?

22 hours ago, MagicalBubba said:

I remember DiVAs :)

20 hours ago, theRipppa said:

Im 49, and like you Excel..I was hoping this game would be a flash back to the great times playing in clans and leagues against other, although i spent more time playing Moh and RTCW than than COD 1 and 2

It seems now those days are long gone but fortunately for the likes of us we were a part of that massive friendly gaming community which kept us busy for many many hours :)

Dev's need to take note and look at the audience they started to attract because from what i now understand Battalion sold to mainly the most nostalgic players.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Koopa said:

I remember DiVAS in the PRM CoD1 and 2 days.  Some good battles with you guys with 1st-IB

5 hours ago, DOG19 said:

I remember DIVAS and 1st-ib  I was in LOH clan cod 1 and 2 great days good leagues had it all what we got now ?

1 hour ago, Excel said:

I remember DiVAs :)

There is still a DiVA out there. -=DiVA=-Metallica, who is casting CSGO as Vince.

• Upvote 1

On 13/03/2018 at 9:17 PM, Excel said:

dadleedsunited.... i set up fun clan up at the time  i remember you mate we had some good time  lol

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sneak1961 said:

dadleedsunited.... i set up fun clan up at the time  i remember you mate we had some good time  lol

I remember you and your lad...... yes we had some good times matey and good to see your still around :)

44 minutes ago, Excel said:

I remember you and your lad...... yes we had some good times matey and good to see your still around :)

Yes still here thought this game would revive the old style game but its not what was advertised or i thought it would be, but still could be if devs wanted ...... a shame really

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Koopa said:

I remember many good games with 1st-IB and if my memory servers me right, I remember you were pretty decent. In fact our clans seemed to be quite competitive rivals at the time.

I played under -=DIVA=-Motiv back then.

18 hours ago, Sneak1961 said:

Yes still here thought this game would revive the old style game but its not what was advertised or i thought it would be, but still could be if devs wanted ...... a shame really

I was hoping for the same thing and i imagine so were many other "old school" players.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Sneak1961 said:

your lad was here but can you remember any of these others      http://prntscr.com/irs2mb

Yes i know all of them, Whoopass was DAD clan leader for a while then just disappeared lol and some of the rest went over to FUN clan to play in leagues.

Thanks for the screenshot, il send you a DM just do we don't take this thread totally off topic LOL

5 hours ago, sNrklhaai said:

Hmm player numbers are running back again :(.

Have to admit i'm partly due to that. Haven't touched it for a week now. Dunno, just cba'd to invest much time and efforts in a game that just isn't that catchy..

5 hours ago, sNrklhaai said:

Hmm player numbers are running back again :(.

It can't be dead,

Joe said that battalion is "alive and kicking" :DDDDDDD

• Downvote 1

i helped run the >Mugs< for those that played cod 1/uo/cod2/cod4.

battalion could still work but serious right ideas need to be put into action quick.basics are being missed which should of been in from day one.the oldskool here will probably stick around youngsters or new people who never played this type of game wont though .

10 hours ago, yiNMastah said:

Have to admit i'm partly due to that. Haven't touched it for a week now. Dunno, just cba'd to invest much time and efforts in a game that just isn't that catchy..

Ye I feel u. It's also the lack of interest from the others in my friendslist.. 

Nobody of them seems to really care about the updates anymore.. Most of them haven't touched the game after the first days of play.. 

Imo the game speaks to a to small group, and is not the game that u want to play every day. Yeah sometimes I have this like tommorow i wanna play again but sometimes not.. 

Because everybody seems to want something else i don't know what they have to change anymore, I can speak for myself but it seems it's not only the jumping or ttk or w/e other change. 

The lack of interest from a lot pretty much is telling us a large part of the game doesn't attract the majority. Also the kickstarter guys received a coin that is currently for sale for a lot of money^^ I really wonder if we (the humblebundle backers who also paid 65 euro and have helped this game testing) ever get something... No special coin , no skin , no recognition, no answer 9_9

Edited by sNrklhaai
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sNrklhaai said:

Ye I feel u. It's also the lack of interest from the others in my friendslist.. 

Nobody of them seems to really care about the updates anymore.. Most of them haven't touched the game after the first days of play.. 

Imo the game speaks to a to small group, and is not the game that u want to play every day. Yeah sometimes I have this like tommorow i wanna play again but sometimes not.. 

Because everybody seems to want something else i don't know what they have to change anymore, I can speak for myself but it seems it's not only the jumping or ttk or w/e other change. 

The lack of interest from a lot pretty much is telling us a large part of the game doesn't attract the majority. Also the kickstarter guys received a coin that is currently for sale for a lot of money^^ I really wonder if we (the humblebundle backers who also paid 65 euro and have helped this game testing) ever get something... No special coin , no skin , no recognition, no answer 9_9

I'm  also not playing Battalion as much as I used to, but I don't know why I'm playing less. The friends I played with, stopped playing Battalion ages ago. So that's not the reason. I wish I could say to the developers if you improve this and this it will be way more fun, but it's hard if you don't know why. Currently I just prefer COD2 and  I'm thinking about reinstalling CS:GO/ CS 1.6 or CS:S.