sNrklhaai

Games not yet dead guys.. Let's talk about it!

8 minutes ago, SirBob said:

Its not that bad. War mode is really fun.

When I played the beta I absolutely hated that gamemode. It felt like Battlefield lite except much worse. Speaking of which when I want that type of gameplay I'd rather play Battlefield and I was more talking if I absolutely had to choose a game. Otherwise I'll just stay with Battlefield for the time being and wait for the next game.

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Tygrys said:

When I played the beta I absolutely hated that gamemode. It felt like Battlefield lite except much worse. Speaking of which when I want that type of gameplay I'd rather play Battlefield and I was more talking if I absolutely had to choose a game. Otherwise I'll just stay with Battlefield for the time being and wait for the next game.

I have played all BF since BF1942 and have 1200 Hours in BF1, so i know what you mean, but I had some fun playing Cod ww2 to get a break from BF. I was hoping for the same with B44, but it seems not to be right now.

Edited by SirBob

Had my hopes get high for this update and the first game i played was smooth and playable stable 150 fps and stable 40 ping then got "lost connection to host" error message mid game so thought i would try Arcade...... good ping still but fps varied from 25 - 150. Both games incidentally were on the same map (incursion i think its called) the new one so i know it wasn't the map so can only assume it was due to the "lost connection to host" crash or because it was 8v8 arcade so i just quit out.

The game is better though but still doesn't have any long term play ability for me at this time.

Was also greeted with 6 war chest's which i got this error message and lost all war chest's :(

e7b0d029f2c06fe5d0e8299eca633c59.png

1 hour ago, Tygrys said:

I gave the game another chance and what I was greeted with was 6 lootboxes I don't give a single shit about, all my settings reset and servers crashing after about a minute of playing. Gameplay seems to be the same promod garbage so I don't foresee a bright future for this abomination. At this point I'm actually thinking of buying the absolutely terrible CoD WW2 or just going back to CoD WaW which was average at best. 

Way to destroy someones hope with a single, "awesome" patch that was supposed to be the gamechanger. I'm just angry I can't get my money back.

cod waw <3

To admit, i'm dissapointed from the game also, it looked so promising in the video, that's why i backed but now, well it's just bunny hopping around and/or oneclick Kar98 or snipers...

Doesn't really make fun at all, atleast for me.

What i really missed in the patch is a changed allie spawn on coastal in CTF, it's nearly impossible to win as axis because only 1 real entrance to the flag

I think leaning should be rewarded more, you are close to paralized anyways if you lean, why the hell is it programmed to expose more of you that you ain't get a benefit from it anyways...
Than remove it completely, there is no real sense to leave it ingame while there is no benefit from it!

Time to kill is more or less a joke... BUT while it is pretty low i have to admit: headshot should be 1 shot kill from any weapon...

Well maybe it's nothing for me because it's like promod in COD4 which i disliked from the beginning...

Just my 2 cents but anyways i really think B44 is dying more likely than rise back like phoenix from the ashes

11 hours ago, SirBob said:

Sorry to hear. Strange there can be such a big difference. I got stable 125 FPS, no lag or rubber banding and movements were fluid. Unfortunately, the game type is still my problem. There are no real duels, just jump-bang-dead.

Couldn't agree more!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, CrazyThunderbird said:

Time to kill is more or less a joke... BUT while it is pretty low i have to admit: headshot should be 1 shot kill from any weapon...
Well maybe it's nothing for me because it's like promod in COD4 which i disliked from the beginning...

Never liked promod, but it was ok in the past when we played against other teams since the base game was not intended for this purpose. I could also live with the jumping if was turn down a little and the TTK was like BF og Cod ww2. In other games it's about having a good and steady aim to get a fast kill. Getting a HS or having a high accuracy with any weapon. The low TTK, the laser guns, and the one shoot kill with rifles in B44 means this is not necessary, just spray and pray and you or your opponent are guaranteed an easy kill. You don't get any time to take cover and start shooting back. Higher TTK, more sway and recoil would give a more dynamic game with longer and more fun duels 1x1. Right now it's all about pressing 3 keys on your keyboard and shoot. Then there's the arcade with broken spawn, bad maps for DOM and CTF and no reward for PTFO making all games like TDM.

Edited by SirBob
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Slightly off topic but it seems some troll just down votes for the sake of it.

They should remove the up and down votes because it serves no purpose and probably puts people off from posting.

Back on topic :)

I liked CoD4 promod and Battalion feels nothing like it. The movement and height of the jumps just don't feel right and, as already mentioned, there are no real battles going on, it's a game of kill or be killed with nothing in between.

I am losing hope in this game because after all the posts about the jumping around there was nothing done about it in the first patch.

• Upvote 3

On 2018. 03. 08. at 3:10 PM, Grasshopper said:

I find it really hard to believe this actually happend. But it's hilarious if it's true. Anyone excited about the update today? I'm really curious what the game will be like and what the peak will be on Steamcharts after the update. 

Let me help you buddy

1,2k :D
I was very optimistic with my 3k I guess. My mate won this game (who already did refund) , his guess was 1k.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, adze said:

I was very optimistic with my 3k I guess. My mate won this game (who already did refund) , his guess was 1k.

It seems that many have trouble getting the game to run just like before the patch. And others can now play. Weird.

10 hours ago, Excel said:

They should remove the up and down votes because it serves no purpose and probably puts people off from posting.

I liked CoD4 promod and Battalion feels nothing like it. The movement and height of the jumps just don't feel right and, as already mentioned, there are no real battles going on, it's a game of kill or be killed with nothing in between.

I am losing hope in this game because after all the posts about the jumping around there was nothing done about it in the first patch.

THANKYOU for saying this, i agree as well that the movement and height are not in a good place right now. Why is nobody talking about this? Are they scared of being slapped by the devs or something? A core system like movement is the single most important aspect of what will make battalion succeed competitively. cod2 and cod4 were perfect and i know that battalion can have an amazing movement system if its done correct

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, grizzly said:

THANKYOU for saying this, i agree as well that the movement and height are not in a good place right now. Why is nobody talking about this? Are they scared of being slapped by the devs or something

There has been a lot of discussion about this in this forum, so nobody is afraid of devs or others. There are only different opinions. I agree that it does not feel like cod2, cod4.  The game is built on cod2 promod. I have never played cod2 promod only cod4 promod, so I dont if there's a difference, but it don't feel like cod4 promod. And promod vs normal mode is also a question for discussion. You either love it or hate it. So far it seems that the current movements don't apply to most players who have tried the game.

Edited by SirBob
  • Upvote 1

It has been mentioned by the devs that the current height is there so you can jump on things. So, unless you get to jump on much fewer things, it is not going to be lower.

@SirBob
I disagree with you on the matter of TtK. Higher TtK will mean that moving around fast will escape people having better positioning and/or firing faster. If you have a fast movement game, like this one you have to have a low TtK, or you will promote headless chickens, which was very apparent in BF1.

In my opinion the problem lies elsewhere. I know that the devs want this game to be skill-based and I love this about it. I expect to lose most fights by better players and win over worse ones. But reflex is more emphasized that it should and is currently much more important than positioning or other game skills. Note here that reflex is not something you can improve, unlike aiming, positioning, game awareness and map knowledge, so if the skill in a game relies too much on reflex it means that every player's skill ceiling is mostly set in stone.

A lot of times I feel that catching the opponent with their pants down (like running while I await them) doesn't really matter if they have better reflexes as they will go prone or jump before I get my third bullet with default/MG and I will die before I have time to react, re-aim and get one more bullet on target.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, dfk_7677 said:

I disagree with you on the matter of TtK. Higher TtK will mean that moving around fast will escape people having better positioning and/or firing faster. If you have a fast movement game, like this one you have to have a low TtK, or you will promote headless chickens, which was very apparent in BF1.

I respect your opinion and it was just a suggestions. You're probably right, but it does not change the fact that the game does not attract players. Although last fix changed some issues, the player base don't increase and I think the primary reason is the game play. It's too much different than most want. Most seem to be annoyed over 24/7 jump / prone hardcore and choose to leave the game instead of learning it. There are many alternative games and many to come in 2018 so people do not have to learn, but can choose something else. This game is right now for the few dedicated and it may be ok if the player base is not important. 1K -2K can have a good game, that they have wanted for the last 10 years.

Edited by SirBob

25 minutes ago, dfk_7677 said:

"It has been mentioned by the devs that the current height is there so you can jump on things. So, unless you get to jump on much fewer things, it is not going to be lower."

@SirBob

This is an issue because that's how cs works with crouch jumping and not how cod works with mantle climbing

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Excel said:

my guess is because there is no mantle mechanic in the game the jump distance has to be exaggerated otherwise players wouldn't be able to reach some of the jump spots designed into the maps. if they nerfed the jumping then some part of the maps would have to be redesigned.

the voting system was disabled in the past at the request of the community because it was being abused by trollers. Bulkhead unwisely reintroduced it. most people who have been on the forums for a while just ignore the voting completely. i suggest you do the same as it seems to be abused by the recent newcomers to the forum who are unaware of the history. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Farq-S said:

my guess is because there is no mantle mechanic in the game the jump distance has to be exaggerated otherwise players wouldn't be able to reach some of the jump spots designed into the maps. if they nerfed the jumping then some part of the maps would have to be redesigned.

the voting system was disabled in the past at the request of the community because it was being abused by trollers. Bulkhead unwisely reintroduced it. most people who have been on the forums for a while just ignore the voting completely. i suggest you do the same as it seems to be abused by the recent newcomers to the forum who are unaware of the history. 

That's fine if they have to redesign maps due to movement changes, as long as the movement is more fluid/smooth then thats what battalion should be striving for in the first place

1 minute ago, grizzly said:

That's fine if they have to redesign maps due to movement changes, as long as the movement is more fluid/smooth then thats what battalion should be striving for in the first place

my personal preference would be they introduce mantling and nerf jumping because jumping in Battalion is pretty much broken in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Farq-S said:

my personal preference would be they introduce mantling and nerf jumping because jumping in Battalion is pretty much broken in my opinion.

Agree. It has gradually gotten a reputation as "jumpfest" or "jumpsimulator. it's EA and much can change, but unfortunately a reputation is very hard to change.

1 hour ago, Farq-S said:

i would prefer if they nerfed the jump height but increased the distance/acceleration when you strafe properly

9 hours ago, Farq-S said:

7 hours ago, grizzly said:

i would prefer if they nerfed the jump height but increased the distance/acceleration when you strafe properly

Yeah I agree with both of you and I hope that's what the devs intend to do eventually, even tho so far we haven't received an official statement. As of now we don't know wheter they will make mantling work like it does in cod or it will always be only doable in scripted spots like it is currently. I think having a more "dynamic" mantle does not only make the movement and moving around the map feel smoother but will also allow them to adjust the jumping height, so for me it is the best thing to do

On 10.03.2018 at 11:18 AM, Farq-S said:

What? There is mantling. Just now I was able to "grab" some ledges on Manorhouse. The obnoxiously high jumping looks like a deliberate gameplay mechanic.

15 minutes ago, Tygrys said:

What? There is mantling. Just now I was able to "grab" some ledges on Manorhouse. The obnoxiously high jumping looks like a deliberate gameplay mechanic.

It's not dynamic tho, in cod you can mantle over anything that has a specific height, in Battalion you can do it only in some scripted spots

• Upvote 1

Anyone else 'unhappy' with the unlimited weapons on the Allies side? As Axis you have the amazing Sturmgewehr and K98. As Allies you have the M1 Garand and Bar. I would prefer the M1 Garand and Thompson as unlimited weapons. The Bar feels really underpowered compared with the Sturmgewehr. 

On 10/03/2018 at 9:41 AM, dfk_7677 said:

@SirBob

A lot of times I feel that catching the opponent with their pants down (like running while I await them) doesn't really matter if they have better reflexes as they will go prone or jump before I get my third bullet with default/MG and I will die before I have time to react, re-aim and get one more bullet on target.

and its this kind of game play that as killed the game so far

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

the bunnyhopping  crouch-jump and jump-crouch moves used to be a normal part of oldschool shooters.
I don't know what the dev's intention is, to keep it in as it is now or just to try it out for us to give feedback?
Personally I don't like it too much, but should the bunnyhopping etc stay in, why then not also put strafing in? :P
Regarding TTK: with the way players can move right now I'd like to either see the TTK a bit increased or the TTK remains as it is but the movement positionswitch time gets slightly increased.
Hopefully they will experiment further with this.

In general I'd like to remark on the title of this thread.
As a gamer I am getting really tired of what seems to be newer generations of gamers who almost instantly after the start of an EA go: "lolz you guiz, game's dead, plz fix"
The way I see it B44 is now still in the process of finding it's place, things will be altered, perhaps even overhauled, part of the process.
It entered EA what..early feb? we are halfway march now.
The game can't be broken or dead because it's not even properly released yet, keep that in mind.
If you encounter issues that you think are broken by all means, mention it and be constructive about it, I think that is much more useful to all involved than to just jump to conclusions.
I have no idea how interactive the devs are, I mean, I read somewhere they really value the feedback etc, but that's pretty much standard babble nowadays, but regardless, I'd advocate a more balanced patient approach, have criticisms, share ideas, etc but also give the devs time to implement etc.

Great, now I sound like the "but it's alphaaaa" guy.

• Downvote 1