sNrklhaai

Games not yet dead guys.. Let's talk about it!

In my oppinion what needs to be done now. (Aside of fixing the wich i hope they do to a large part in the next update)

Start advertising the game more.

Stop with all the joke tournamenst and actually sart investing into the game. (Actual price money for weekly cups even in smaller amount)

Get the game going in the ESL finally. Weekly community cups and Go4 cups aswell as some smaller major ESL Tournaments would push the playerbase drastically but honestly as much as i support smaller leagues and Cups but nobody cares about Cyber Gamer e.t.c.

Stop the PR Failures like the "F*ck Google" Incident or telling people you are on your way to IEM while simultaneously telling us your game is going rogue and randomly bans people.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

No amount of tournaments could ever push the playerbase drastically. The only way to do that is to make the game fun for casual players. And Battalion is very far away from it atm.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

37 minutes ago, DarkMortyr said:

No amount of tournaments could ever push the playerbase drastically. The only way to do that is to make the game fun for casual players. And Battalion is very far away from it atm.

Agree, no one is going to watch a game they don't play. You pay interest to the game you' playing and if a new one is released you go for reviews and other peoples opinion on steam not some pro's playing tournaments. Reviews and the current number is the key factor in my opinion. I bought this game on EA release date. If I had waited 2 weeks and read all the negative reviews I would probably not have bought it. This game need to go down the casual way in order to turn the tide.

Edited by SirBob
  • Upvote 3

52 minutes ago, DarkMortyr said:

Let's wait and see what the next update has to offer. Agreed on the tournaments part. It might lure in some pro-players, but as a casual I couldn't care less about tournaments. 

• Upvote 1

You need a community of active players before you start organising tournaments. I'd rather not see any further maps added until they have improved the original ones, no point in moving forward without a solid base.

• Upvote 2

I have had a few problems with the game...crashing....finding friends....waiting.... the usual stuff....but its still early doors with the game so I will keep coming back to see how its coming along. Looking forward to the update.

20 hours ago, Revvin said:

You need a community of active players before you start organising tournaments. I'd rather not see any further maps added until they have improved the original ones, no point in moving forward without a solid base.

agreed

player base is everything in a game like this and if the devs want regular  tournaments that actually mean something then they have to make the game fun for the casual  not only to generate tournament players but also an audience 

On 3/5/2018 at 7:43 PM, DarkMortyr said:

Totally agree, i mentioned this in my post earlier in the thread.

Devs did a great job hyping the comp scene but a game lives on its community, a reason why COD4 collapsed! Insomnia dropped the game due to lack of entrants not lack of talented players. You need to engage on mass and give everything a little bit of what they want. 

When you look back Promod was actually a great idea. It allowed the comp scene to have its own game and the casual players to call in airstrikes and Care packages!

Arcade needs to be 20-30 player servers. You need to implement maps like Overgrown etc (i cant remember the name of the train yard one and the tower blocks map).

The game isnt bad but you need natural progression from casual to comp in a player base, and to be frank if you were just starting out you wouldnt have an ounce of fun.

Edited by Gunjax

3 minutes ago, Gunjax said:

When you look back Promod was actually a great idea. It allowed the comp scene to have its own game and the casual players to call in airstrikes and Care packages!

Arcade needs to be 20-30 player servers.

Agree, promod was a good idea and still is, but it can not stand alone if you want a big player base. I think everyone agrees. Now, just make some changes to arcade and I think this game has a future.

On 3/3/2018 at 8:29 PM, Revvin said:

My issue with the game is its not as advertised in the Kickstarter. Now I know there's going to be a little bit of drift and feature creep but where is the motion capture they talk about , that not many other developers use that is supposed to make Battalion 1944 so "authentic". The gameplay is a world away from "the most authentic, down the barrel experience of world war 2" with the bunny hopping and strafe jumping around corners. In my opinion the statement "authenticity is at the heart of Battalion 1944" could not be further from the truth. I was never expecting a gritty full on realism FPS like Hell Let Loose or Post Scriptum plan on being or perhaps what Red Orchestra and its sequels have been. What was described was something aiming down middle of the road somewhere between an arcade shooter and something more full on like Post Scriptum or Hell Let Loose, perhaps even erring towards the more realistic side of that road with their emphasis on the word "authentic" and the emphasis put on visiting those real world locations and sampling sounds and handling the weapons. 

What I'd like to see are maps that are more gritty, more rubble strewn war torn towns with debris, abandoned daily objects like bicycles, prams etc, it all looks too clean. The Kickstarter talked about the team being made of ex AAA developers, modders and E-Sports players and it seems the E-Sports players have had far too much input in the design process because as it stands this game has "Twitch no-scope montage video" written all over it. The promod crowd are a very small niche and thats who seems to be the target audience when if they created the 'middle of the road' game described in the Kickstarter then it could then be modded to either end of the arcade/realism scale as those smaller niche communities see fit and those of us wanting a Call of Duty minus the fluff would also be happy and no doubt the developers would sell more copies and they would be happy, the publishers get their cut - they are happy and stump up the cash for Battalion 1944 2 and we're all happy all over again and everyone dances around with unicorns and rainbows - there, sorted, get it done already woohoo!

I agree with you Revvin. I have played this game a few hours now and I struggle to see the game they sold me in Kickstarter. I really wanted this to be the next game for me but sadly I do not think they can patch this back to what I was looking for. Crossing my fingers for a gamechanger on patchday. :)

Edited by [VS-UK]Gom3R
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, [VS-UK]Gom3R said:

I agree with you Revvin. I have played this game a few hours now and I struggle to see the game they sold me in Kickstarter. I really wanted this to be the next game for me but sadly I do not think they can patch this back to what I was looking for. Crossing my fingers for a gamechanger on patchday. :)

Wouldn't hold my breath. All I've seen in the changelog concerning gameplay is an SMG nerf. That's it. Nothing about corner jumping. Probably because the 500 people left love it so much they'd rather the game die off completely than change and gather some of it's playerbase back.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Tygrys said:

Wouldn't hold my breath. All I've seen in the changelog concerning gameplay is an SMG nerf. That's it. Nothing about corner jumping. Probably because the 500 people left love it so much they'd rather the game die off completely than change and gather some of it's playerbase back.

The main problem with corner jumping right now are peeker advantage, low time to kill and leaning being not viable, the first 2 are getting addresses with this patch and lean buff is also coming soon. 

2 minutes ago, Zane said:

The main problem with corner jumping right now are peeker advantage, low time to kill and leaning being not viable, the first 2 are getting addresses with this patch and lean buff is also coming soon. 

I didn't see anything else concerning TTK other than the SMGs and they're not the only problem here. TTK should've been upped across the board, getting one shot in the chest, or sprayed to death in half a second, isn't fun for anyone, save for competetive tryhards but as everyone has probably noticed a game cannot survive only on competetive life support.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Tygrys said:

There have probably been too many promises to the competitive side, so we can not expect major changes right now. But they are probably aware that the game in the current state does not attract many, and that the next patch probably does not change much. But hopefully there will be other changes a little later that takes into account the casual part of the game. Especially arcade.

4 minutes ago, Tygrys said:

I didn't see anything else concerning TTK other than the SMGs and they're not the only problem here. TTK should've been upped across the board, getting one shot in the chest, or sprayed to death in half a second, isn't fun for anyone, save for competetive tryhards but as everyone has probably noticed a game cannot survive only on competetive life support.

Smgs are one of the main reason ttk is low, also the fact people are able to shot you before you can see them, gives the impression you die almost instantly and have no time to react. With those 2 getting nerfed the game should play way better than it does currently

I have played Rainbow Six Siege since alpha and that is a great example of how peakers advantage gives aggresive players a big advantage. If you also add the ping advantage on top of it you will get a great advantage. You will be dead before you even see anyone. The result will be that everyone is calling cheats but in reality you only use the game mechanics against the game. The worst type of players in Siege I felt was the people that used ping altering tech to create latency on their connection and then they were able to abuse the peakers advantage/ping advantage to the fullest.  

• Downvote 1

On 2018. 03. 04. at 10:18 PM, MagicalBubba said:

So why are you and your 3 friends not playing with the other 9 friends back in cs:go or Siege then?

Seems very odd that you're playing so many hours in a game you consider dead with some friends, while the majority of your friends are back in cs:go or siege.

Don't pay attention to him. He's one of the most arrogant, irritating player I've ever met. Instantly banned him from our events after I saw them attending our cup. They are very lowskilled and they flame throughout the whole match. Typical loser who blames everyone else for his weaknesses.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

From steam, That's funny :D

I just tried to launch the game and it asked me to 'insert floppy disk'. WTF.

1 hour ago, SirBob said:

From steam, That's funny :D

I find it really hard to believe this actually happend. But it's hilarious if it's true. Anyone excited about the update today? I'm really curious what the game will be like and what the peak will be on Steamcharts after the update. 

Edited by Grasshopper
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Anyone excited about the update today? I'm really curious what the game will be like and what the peak will be on Steamcharts after the update. 

Same her.  fingers crossed

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Anyone excited about the update today? I'm really curious what the game will be like and what the peak will be on Steamcharts after the update. 

Yup, iv been counting the days until the update and have my fingers crossed some of the issues have been addressed.

Was watching Brammer on twitch last night for a few min's and from what i saw the game looks really good. Some parts have been opened up on a map he was playing, brightness is now adjustable and overall looked better but lets see :)

• Upvote 1

Only played one 1/2 map 8x8 TDM and left (16 kills - 11 deaths ). The movements seems much better so thumps up here, but I can't feel any change about the TTK. I still don't even have to aim. Just shoot and people die so fast at any distance including my self. I still feel like playing with laser guns compared to BF. And everybody is still jumping 6 feet up in to the air. Every time I jump I almost look down on people. Sorry, still a long way to get casuals to play this game In my opinion.

Edited by SirBob
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, SirBob said:

Only played one 1/2 map 8x8 TDM and left (16 kills - 11 deaths ). The movements seems much better so thumps up here, but I can't feel any change about the TTK. I still don't even have to aim. Just shoot and people die so fast at any distance including my self. I still feel like playing with laser guns compared to BF. And everybody is still jumping 6 feet up in to the air. Every time I jump I almost look down on people. Sorry, still a long way to get casuals to play this game In my opinion.

For me it's unplayable atm. I get several errors and when I join a server it's extremely laggy even though my ping and fps are as normal. 

I gave the game another chance and what I was greeted with was 6 lootboxes I don't give a single shit about, all my settings reset and servers crashing after about a minute of playing. Gameplay seems to be the same promod garbage so I don't foresee a bright future for this abomination. At this point I'm actually thinking of buying the absolutely terrible CoD WW2 or just going back to CoD WaW which was average at best. 

Way to destroy someones hope with a single, "awesome" patch that was supposed to be the gamechanger. I'm just angry I can't get my money back.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

29 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

For me it's unplayable atm. I get several errors and when I join a server it's extremely laggy even though my ping and fps are as normal. 

Sorry to hear. Strange there can be such a big difference. I got stable 125 FPS, no lag or rubber banding and movements were fluid. Unfortunately, the game type is still my problem. There are no real duels, just jump-bang-dead.

7 minutes ago, Tygrys said:

thinking of buying the absolutely terrible CoD WW2

Its not that bad. War mode is really fun.

Edited by SirBob