sNrklhaai

Games not yet dead guys.. Let's talk about it!

Guess we got a little of track here. 9_9 Maybe we should get back to the game and what to due with it in order to grow the player base.

Our topic got closed, but on Reddit they now have a similar topic called 'The game isn't dying, it's dead'.  Hopefully the next update will turn the tide. 

Things I would like to see changed in the upcoming update:

- TTK

- More maps

- Being able to adjust the brightness ingame

- Being able to play arcade with more people

- the movement still feels a bit off to me. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Our topic got closed, but on Reddit they now have a similar topic called 'The game isn't dying, it's dead'.  Hopefully the next update will turn the tide. 

- TTK

- More maps

Spot on, I have the same issues.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

- TTK

- More maps

what should be the priority? more maps or improving the ones we already have first? i would say the issues highlighted on the existing maps should be resolved before putting out more maps with similar issues. don't know how developed new maps would be but its been just one month since EA which i would guess isn't enough development time. i would say, in no particular order;

- TTK

- Matchmaking

- netcode

- Spawns in arcade mode

- invisible walls

- jump shooting

- strafe jumping

• Upvote 1

From an arcade point of view.

1. More players 8 vs 8 or 12 vs 12

2. More fluid movements, right now it feels clumsy.

3. No match making just servers running different game mode.

4. Higher TTK, now it's who see first, draw first who kills first, it's boring

5. Able to choose game mode

6. Better spawns

7. Less jump shooting (lower Acc), tired of looking at no scope jumping videos

8. Rifle 90% damage to body, only HS instant kill. Faster shift to sidearm.

9. AIM, In generel you should be rewarded for being able to do HS with any weapon, no point right now with the low TTK.

10. More and better maps for arcade

Edited by SirBob
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Grasshopper said:

- TTK

- More maps

I'm almost certain TTK is not going to be changed at all. Afterall the oh so supieror and popular promod had it that way.

• Downvote 2

The 8th march is the main update for 3 months, it includes a map. The other maps are getting at least some lighting changes. I can't imagine 3 months between a map pool of 4 maps. You'll be lucky to get an unranked by that time.

There needs to be releases of beta maps for the clan servers to try out new maps in the making. The current map pool on competitive is shockingly small.

Just now, Tygrys said:

I'm almost certain TTK is not going to be changed at all. Afterall the oh so supieror and popular promod had it that way.

The SMGs are being nerfed.

• Upvote 2

would be nice if you could vote on which maps to play bit like cod ww2 instead of playing same map all I play is unranked because arcade is so boring and the points you get for the time you put into the game is bad seem your better off losing you get more points lol

I would also like to see ranks given on dedi run servers. Whats the point of having your own servers when you don't want to play on them because you need to rank up.

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, adze said:

The reason you do not meet cheaters that often is because this game is dead :DD It's not even reaching 1k peak anymore rofl. Who wants to cheat in a dead game? Even 10+ years old titles are being played by more players. I've only met 2 cheaters in battalion so far, both of them that spinning kind.
You are so naive :(

What kind of reasoning is that? I play a lot of "dead games" with an average playerbase of 300 players and still I find more cheaters there than in Battalion 

Edited by Zane

16 minutes ago, Zane said:

What kinf of reasoning is that? I play a lot of "dead games" with an average playerbase of 300 players and still I find more cheaters there than in Battalion 

Yeah, sure.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Excel said:

I would also like to see ranks given on dedi run servers. Whats the point of having your own servers when you don't want to play on them because you need to rank up.

Agree, I only got to lvl3 because i only played on dedi serveres and didn't like how arcade was done.

Edited by SirBob

I backed the project at Kickstarter and I don't like neither the gameplay nor the graphics, that's all; we were a group of 5-6 friends (we all had a lot of fun playing DOD, COD 2 and 4 back in the day and spent an insane amount of hours on them) who backed it and we all feel the same way, we expected a "modern" version of those games and we got a shooter from 2005 released in 2018, and here you have the results. You say that to the devs and you get "we never said Battalion was going to be like this or like that" or "we build this game for the competitive old school players and not for people like you who likes to cry instead of gitting gud"... well, enjoy your 1k players and going down.

I know it's not pleasant to hear things like this about a project that you worked so hard on it, but it's the way my friends and I feel (and I'm sure A LOT more people who stopped playing the game too, if not the major part).

Edited by Sergionator
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Farq-S said:

what should be the priority? more maps or improving the ones we already have first? i would say the issues highlighted on the existing maps should be resolved before putting out more maps with similar issues. don't know how developed new maps would be but its been just one month since EA which i would guess isn't enough development time. i would say, in no particular order;

Good question. Improving the current game we have, would be my priority. 

26 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Agree

39 minutes ago, Sergionator said:

we got a shooter from 2005 released in 2018

I'd probably also expected something newer and better. It can still get ok, but there is a long way to go since they have started in the wrong way if they want a big player base of casuals to backup the comp. scene.

33 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

The game isn't bad at all right now. The fixes coming in will improve matters, however you can improve it as much as you want but without content, it will die.  

Hence why maps are massively important. The new map on the 8th will be a good start and the changes to the others also on the 8th should improve matters but the casual community servers and arcade need 3 more for it to grow.

My fear is we won't see any more content after the 8th until q2 and if the current 1/3 loss each week carries on, q2 will be a couple of hundred people at peak, no NA, Asia or Aus players at all. That will be hard to come back from.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, MagicalBubba said:

Why are you still playing it then?

Few of my friends play it too, we started with 12 guys, 3 guys still playing, rest refunded/deleted/not playing anymore :S

26 minutes ago, adze said:

Few of my friends play it too, we started with 12 guys, 3 guys still playing, rest refunded/deleted/not playing anymore :S

So why are you and your 3 friends not playing with the other 9 friends back in cs:go or Siege then?

Seems very odd that you're playing so many hours in a game you consider dead with some friends, while the majority of your friends are back in cs:go or siege.

Edited by MagicalBubba
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

When a game goes from a player population of 16k+ to under 1k playing globally you know something is wrong.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

For me basically the same i guess i have like 20+ friends that bought the game on release day. Most of them we're tired after one day of playing mostly due to stability issues, cheaters, bad maps , bad graphics , movement , bad hit markers and finally the bs in game like ridiculous jumping to the sides and Always htting. The combination of all this turned a lot of my friends off. Me however i don't like most of these things either and am still playing, and will probally keep playing until i can't find a game anymore.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, sNrklhaai said:

For me basically the same i guess i have like 20+ friends that bought the game on release day. Most of them we're tired after one day of playing mostly due to stability issues, cheaters, bad maps , bad graphics , movement , bad hit markers and finally the bs in game like ridiculous jumping to the sides and Always htting. The combination of all this turned a lot of my friends off. Me however i don't like most of these things either and am still playing, and will probally keep playing until i can't find a game anymore.

I think your right. It's not really just one thing that make people leave the game but a combination of a lot of stuff. My clan was founded on cod in 2003 as an E-sport clan. Only 3 of us were even interested in the game and we all left after one week. I'm not playing but are still interested, if the game turns out in some way different from now. I still feel that the hardcore mode, strafe jumping and jump shooting combined with perhaps the worst arcade I've ever seen won't get others than the E-sport scene to play.

• Game needs something "fun" added to it. Not everyone that plays FPS wants to play serious mode. The great thing about COD4 was, it had a great pub scene (being a huge publish was a mega bonus ofc). At the moment, Battalion's unranked is a waste of time, arcade you can't pick what mode you want, server browser is a waste of time it doesn't even show ping and well its already that dead gg. 
  • If you want more players - remove the lack of balance overall, strip back the card system while its still broken. Allow people to play a game without restrictions whilst you rebuild. I said that if it isn't perfect, don't bother with the card system. Instead you carried on to "collect more data" waiting for the "meta" well jokes on you, you haven't done anything with the card system (1 extra card per class??) and look where we are now - if you don't win any of the first 3 rounds you're screwed. If you don't invest cards into the first few rounds you risk lack of confidence and comfort - and you're screwed as well. There is now no interest in this game in AUS and its a damn shame. We had all the old teams come back just to see a broken game that was unplayable when it counted the most. You're limiting players from just having a bit of fun, which you need them to do in order to get players to play the game lol.
  • The rest are too late for changing, so I won't bother listing.

Maybe your update will bring some back but its doubtful unless you get something amazing going.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

19 hours ago, MagicalBubba said:

So why are you and your 3 friends not playing with the other 9 friends back in cs:go or Siege then?

Seems very odd that you're playing so many hours in a game you consider dead with some friends, while the majority of your friends are back in cs:go or siege.

The three of us have a lot more spare time then the rest of the "crew" due to work schedules, we kinda hate slow paced games because we played RTCW, ET, Q3 for real long time, but these games kinda dead and got "boring" in the past 10+ years. We despise CS, but it's very active and takes 1 minute to find a match and every feature works just well. (got like 2k hours in 4-5 years), but I still don't like the gameplay. R6s is not my style either, way too slow and campy, we play it from time to time, but I(we) prefer faster games. If we can gather the guys to play, we usually play CS or Quake, but not so often :/.

B44 is freshening for me atleast.

• Downvote 1