sNrklhaai

Games not yet dead guys.. Let's talk about it!

18 minutes ago, Swink said:

I just brought myself and 4 others into the game.

We the community can and will affect the size of the community. Having mostly made up discussions like this based on rumors will definitely not increase the size.

We're fine, the game is great, just keep the community friendly and evolving. Thats up to us!

It's EA and the game is not nowhere near good but it has great potential. However, time and reviews are against the game, so I think many people look forward to March 8th. And hopefully, it will bring some improvements that can increase the player base. It might get me back into the fight :D

Edited by SirBob

17 hours ago, SirBob said:

It's EA and the game is not nowhere near good but it has great potential. However, time and reviews are against the game, so I think many people look forward to March 8th. And hopefully, it will bring some improvements that can increase the player base. It might get me back into the fight :D

The thing that worries me the most is that the developer team don't seem to worry. I know it's EA and they got a year left untill full release.  But the playerbase keeps declining. It even took me fifteen minutes to get into a game(Europe). I wonder how easy or hard it is to convince players to give it another try in a year from now. Because I think most people interested in this game already tried it. 

• Upvote 3

59 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Because I think most people interested in this game already tried it. 

And that is the main problem i see. I accept the game is EA and don't expect a perfect game but the devs seem focused on something other than marketing the game for the casual gamer.

Me and my clan members bought EA to play as a clan and hoped to get back in to league's and find scrim's again but due to the issues and lack of play-ability of the current game they won't play and are put off by it.

Point im making is, the 16400+ players who excitedly purchased the game on EA are probably the only ones at the time who had interest in the game in the first place and even if they manage to find a further 16k players in a years time they will still have a low player count as they have already halved that from the previous year.

• Upvote 1

My son of 22 play pubg and csgo with 8 of his friends. They don't own b44 but they know I do so they ask me  "is it so bad as everyone says". Just to say what this game is up against.

Rumors spread, true or false but it happens and even people who dont own the game have an opinion. You can't blame this game on EA, people don't care. If it gets a bad reputation, then one year will not change anything. It is now the mood has to be changed. If the next patch gets 3k-4k playing just to go down again to 1k, it would be a disaster. You can disappoint people once but not twice and definitely not 3 times. Keep saying that it gets better and it's EA don't work.

19 minutes ago, SirBob said:

My son of 22 play pubg and csgo with 8 of his friends. They don't own b44 but they know I do so they ask me  "is it so bad as everyone says". Just to say what this game is up against.

Rumors spread, true or false but it happens and even people who dont own the game have an opinion. You can't blame this game on EA, people don't care. If it gets a bad reputation, then one year will not change anything. It is now the mood has to be changed. If the next patch gets 3k-4k playing just to go down again to 1k, it would be a disaster. You can disappoint people once but not twice and definitely not 3 times. Keep saying that it gets better and it's EA don't work.

THat's the major problem. The patch comes out, some people return and realise it's still the same game. If they want people to stay and numbers to slowly grow they needs maps and lots of them. They need at least 3 more maps in competitive and 3 large maps for arcade and servers. They need the arcade modes bumped up also and an ability to choose the mode.  

The problem is the big 8th march update is probably going to be rather small. It's even called the stability update and by the looks of it, includes 1 map. How is that going to sell it to anyone, a single map. They should release beta maps, unfinished ones for server owners. Let them test them because 1 map before Q2s update will seriously kill the game.  

Imagine what happens when both NA and EU can't get enough numbers to play the game...

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, MagicalBubba said:

They need at least 3 more maps in competitive and 3 large maps for arcade and servers. They need the arcade modes bumped up also and an ability to choose the mode.  

100% Agree and increase size of players in arcade. Make it feel like cod2/4. Arcade has always been headless run and gun, lots of kills and Caos. I exaggerate a little, but I hope you get my point.

My issue with the game is its not as advertised in the Kickstarter. Now I know there's going to be a little bit of drift and feature creep but where is the motion capture they talk about , that not many other developers use that is supposed to make Battalion 1944 so "authentic". The gameplay is a world away from "the most authentic, down the barrel experience of world war 2" with the bunny hopping and strafe jumping around corners. In my opinion the statement "authenticity is at the heart of Battalion 1944" could not be further from the truth. I was never expecting a gritty full on realism FPS like Hell Let Loose or Post Scriptum plan on being or perhaps what Red Orchestra and its sequels have been. What was described was something aiming down middle of the road somewhere between an arcade shooter and something more full on like Post Scriptum or Hell Let Loose, perhaps even erring towards the more realistic side of that road with their emphasis on the word "authentic" and the emphasis put on visiting those real world locations and sampling sounds and handling the weapons. 

What I'd like to see are maps that are more gritty, more rubble strewn war torn towns with debris, abandoned daily objects like bicycles, prams etc, it all looks too clean. The Kickstarter talked about the team being made of ex AAA developers, modders and E-Sports players and it seems the E-Sports players have had far too much input in the design process because as it stands this game has "Twitch no-scope montage video" written all over it. The promod crowd are a very small niche and thats who seems to be the target audience when if they created the 'middle of the road' game described in the Kickstarter then it could then be modded to either end of the arcade/realism scale as those smaller niche communities see fit and those of us wanting a Call of Duty minus the fluff would also be happy and no doubt the developers would sell more copies and they would be happy, the publishers get their cut - they are happy and stump up the cash for Battalion 1944 2 and we're all happy all over again and everyone dances around with unicorns and rainbows - there, sorted, get it done already woohoo!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Revvin said:

it seems the E-Sports players have had far too much input in the design process because as it stands this game has "Twitch no-scope montage video" written all over it. The promod crowd are a very small niche and thats who seems to be the target audience when if they created the 'middle of the road' game described in the Kickstarter then it could then be modded to either end of the arcade/realism scale as those smaller niche communities see fit and those of us wanting a Call of Duty minus the fluff would also be happy and no doubt the developers would sell more copies and they would be happy

Agree, I could not have said it better.

• Upvote 1

So, me and couple of my mates decided to have a game of Battalion 1944 just now just to see if it is as bad as we thought, i mean, perhaps we are over exaggerating and we are blinded by the post's made?

Nope, we played 2 maps and that was enough. it just feels all wrong for the reason posted so many times so im not even going to bother with it again until the make or break date of March 8th.

WW2 DLC seems like a good idea at this point LOL

1 hour ago, Excel said:

Maybe a good idea, like playing war and the DLC have a new map.

Rumors say next BF will be ww2 :D

26 minutes ago, SirBob said:

Rumors say next BF will be ww2 :D

Yeah i heard same, Battlefield 2018 i think there calling it.

Dunno why someone cant make a Vietnam game (hint hint) and i know we have Rising Storm 2 Vietnam but that's a terrible game so don't count :)

17 minutes ago, Excel said:

Yeah i heard same, Battlefield 2018 i think there calling it.

Dunno why someone cant make a Vietnam game (hint hint) and i know we have Rising Storm 2 Vietnam but that's a terrible game so don't count :)

Agree, Vietnam would have been great, but I can live with BF ww2 if B44 don't turn out as I would like. And people can say what they want about BF but they sure know how to make an online pub game for the mases.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, SirBob said:

Agree, Vietnam would have been great, but I can live with BF ww2 if B44 don't turn out as I would like. And people can say what they want about BF but they sure know how to make an online pub game for the mases.

I couldn't agree more :)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Excel said:

So, me and couple of my mates decided to have a game of Battalion 1944 just now just to see if it is as bad as we thought, i mean, perhaps we are over exaggerating and we are blinded by the post's made?

Nope, we played 2 maps and that was enough. it just feels all wrong for the reason posted so many times so im not even going to bother with it again until the make or break date of March 8th.

Yeah, right? I was excited about this game at first, I told about it to everybody I know who might like it. So for around a year, I advertised it a lot and most people around me knew about Battalion and a lot of them were also looking forward to it. 

But honestly soon after last alpha test I started worrying about this project. And the main reason was Brammer. The way he acted ... Like he knows everything, is best at everything. His level of arogancy was incredible high. Like that moment when he publicly laughed at CoD competitive scene and started some serious shitstorm. Like wtf ... what kind of lead developer does that? Because you know ... they at least don't have only a fking 500 active players. Joke on you. And yeah, he is always like that. And when someone with this kind of personality is in a lead of some project, well ... shit happens. 

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, DarkMortyr said:

I was excited about this game at first, I told about it to everybody I know who might like it

Same, my clan members and i were very excited about the game at first. Watched the trailer video and thought yup were having that and hoping it would revive the PC community as i noticed a lot of the old clans were getting the game for some old time scrims and league play again but nooooooo..... the game didnt look or feel like the video shown and most of us couldn't play for the first 3 days and when some of us did manage a game it was met with utter disappointment.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, DarkMortyr said:

But honestly soon after last alpha test I started worrying about this project. And the main reason was Brammer. The way he acted ... Like he knows everything, is best at everything. His level of arogancy was incredible high. Like that moment when he publicly laughed at CoD competitive scene and started some serious shitstorm. Like wtf ... what kind of lead developer does that? Because you know ... they at least don't have only a fking 500 active players. Joke on you. And yeah, he is always like that. And when someone with this kind of personality is in a lead of some project, well ... shit happens. 

there's no denying that Brammertron has an arrogant streak but people need to look deeper than that. who shoulders all the shit from the community? who takes responsibility for all the issues? Brammertron? and why do you think that is? because it shields the rest of Bulkhead from all the shit and lets them just get on with their work. no-one throws shit at KingHoward, BigTuna, Kevin Chandler or Dave Jones or Alex Korakitis. most of the community don't even know who most of these guys are. Brammertron wears his heart on his sleeve and talks a bit too much which will always rub some people the wrong way but he does listen to rational arguments and only dismisses arguments by answering with reasoned facts. these actions make him a good leader. next time Brammertron does a twitch stream pay attention to how he and Alex Korakitis interact. there's a lot of mutual respect there. people are way too quick to judge people they've never even met.

he acts like he knows everything because he knows 100x more about games than any of us. we just play games and there's people on this forum who think because they've played x number of games from the year dot that they know better than an entire dev team that makes games. sure they've got some things wrong. we all get things wrong. what's important is how they put things right.

Edited by Farq-S
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Farq-S said:

people are way too quick to judge people they've never even met.

I agree and disagree. I don't know Brammertron. I can only judge the product and the process.

A good leader would never have ended in a situation like this where he has to do damage control. A good leader would have a wide knowledge of his customers and not publish a bad quality game in EA. He may take the pressure from his staff, but he should have prevented the situation. Strategy and business plan may be correct in the long run, but right now they fail to translate it into practice. It testifies to people who are good at the production level, but with little experience in doing business.

30 minutes ago, SirBob said:

I agree and disagree. I don't know Brammertron. I can only judge the product and the process.

A good leader would never have ended in a situation like this where he has to do damage control. A good leader would have a wide knowledge of his customers and not publish a bad quality game in EA. He may take the pressure from his staff, but he should have prevented the situation. Strategy and business plan may be correct in the long run, but right now they fail to translate it into practice. It testifies to people who are good at the production level, but with little experience in doing business.

missing the point - judging the game is one thing but judging a person's character is quite another thing.

• Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, Farq-S said:

missing the point - judging the game is one thing but judging a person's character is quite another thing.

No I'm not missing your point. I was not talking about Brammerton's character, but leadership in general and the term "good leader."

Brammertron can only deflect shit for so long. With this new update coming on the 8th I hope it fixes more than it breaks but we need more maps the ones in rotation now are getting boring.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, DOG19 said:

Brammertron can only deflect shit for so long. With this new update coming on the 8th I hope it fixes more than it breaks but we need more maps the ones in rotation now are getting boring.

very true.

17 minutes ago, DOG19 said:

I hope they get positive feedback on the 8th March patch and the player base will grow. I also hope it gives me another view of the game and brings me back to the game.

Edited by SirBob

On 2018. 03. 02. at 10:07 PM, Zane said:

If jumping around corners was the problem CoD wouldn't be one of the biggest fps games out there since its gameplay was always based on jumpshooting and dropshooting people, CoD's community is also made of a lot of casual players, so probably the reason why those 15.000 left isn't the jumping around corners itself.

Fucked up netcode? Please watch Battlenonsense video, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about, netcode is fine, the only issue it has currently is the interpolation, which is being fixed next week, everything else is on the same level as CSGO or OW. "Weakest AC we've ever had to deal with" I've encountered maybe 2 cheaters in 83 hours playing Battalion on CoD I've found more than 20 in 100 hours and 15 of them weren't even hiding, EAC is definitely not the weakest AC, most of the times people just get rekt really hard and call cheats on the enemy team, happened to me 5 times yesterday in 4 hours 

The reason you do not meet cheaters that often is because this game is dead :DD It's not even reaching 1k peak anymore rofl. Who wants to cheat in a dead game? Even 10+ years old titles are being played by more players. I've only met 2 cheaters in battalion so far, both of them that spinning kind.
You are so naive :(

2 hours ago, Farq-S said:

who shoulders all the shit from the community?

To some extent yeah, but he usually ventilates it back to the community. That's not how you should act to your customers. Fun fact, when something doesn't work for him (like google servers) he does the same thing and is publicly super toxic.

who takes responsibility for all the issues? Brammertron?

When exactly he did something like that? He usually just blames other circumstances. He hardly ever acts like he takes responsibility for anything really. Everything is either "working as intended", because they still have a year of development or something is not working because of some higher power. 

people are way too quick to judge people they've never even met.

It's human nature to create an opinion about something as fast as possible. That's how your brain works to recognize new things. And sure your opinion will develop as the time goes, so it's more about how much time you are going to give it before you set that opinion in stone.

I heard from other devs that Brammer is not like that. That he acts way more friendly in person. I followed him since the start of Alpha testing. And sure, I can't possibly really know him. But his public actions never ever proved me wrong. You know, it does matter how you look like in public. Because of the fact that not everybody can know you in person, everybody is going to judge you based on your public actions. That's the most logical thing. And you can't simply say, "you can't judge him, because you don't know him". By this theory no one could ever be judged. Just by the fact that he is morally capable acting like that on public, shows me part of his real face. 

they know better than an entire dev team that makes games. 

But they are not creating games. They created one game so far (to my knowledge). I don't get why some give them so much credit. I have yet to see some prove about their experience. 

To me, their skills are very limited, time consuming and are constantly more learning how to do things than really developing. You can easily see that on Battalion.

For example Psyonix is (was) also a small team but with them I at least know that they have crazy amount of UE experience like not so many developers. It's a fact and they can prove it. And you can also see their skills. 

At the end of the day and for all that shit which is going on, even the last VAC ban wave. I guess, that's karma. 

Edited by DarkMortyr