sNrklhaai

Games not yet dead guys.. Let's talk about it!

7 hours ago, RLpacifist said:

You can count me out of that number, thanks. It's not like 16k people have gone for those particular reasons that you believe are the issues.

Good for you for sticking around but 16200 people do not share your's or Zanes enthusiasm because most of us have our eyes wide open.

I watched the old reviews and trailers of the game and it's nothing like what was released in EA. Even now i read a post on steam stating the next update is in July, conveniently just in time for some big esport event in Amsterdam with a 50k pot. Seriously guys, you really think they care about the players? think again.

Bulkhead have missed the PC gamers trust and that will never come back but it will be nice to see a very small niche of 100 players (including you) playing a game everyone else thought was rubbish. It's nothing like CoD2/4 its more like CS:GO with some other games thrown in. I don't care for loot crates, coins or whatever crap they offer just wanted a back to basics fps as they promised but that is never going to happen.

7 hours ago, RLpacifist said:

Absolutely. However, that's not going to happen overnight and that's what Zane is trying to get across to you. Give it time, be patient. Repeatedly coming in here and typing down the same complaint over and over again is not going to help Bulkhead get issues fixed faster.

I know it's not but it's the sheer frustration of being promised something and getting something entirely different and the game is bleeding itself to death and all Bulkhead care about is esports and Lans.

Do what i did last night, go back a watch some trailers and see what they advertised the game on then go see their recent posts about esports........ esports has been put first, that is their focus but how can that work without a player base?

Bulkhead are not very clever to be fair and im embarrassed they have an office 10 mins away from me.

Continue to support them and have high hopes but it will end, unless you get a console as that will be their next main focus.

PS,

I continue to post here because i want someone from Bulkhead to post here as they are active on every other format just not here, there's got to be something wrong with that.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

40 minutes ago, Excel said:

Bulkhead have missed the PC gamers trust

Please speak for yourself.. thx :)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

It is, among other things, the advisory resistance and the appearance of the developers. 

As long as bounce benefits similar to bug using, the game does not bring a competitive base.

That's why it's also a joke now to try to push the game with events.

The gentlemen have still not recognized the problem. Nor can it not be that one no longer serves an official forum.

There was still a large COD2 Fanbase but Bulkhead apparently had only an interest in this base in advance.

BTW... please don't always COD2 and cod4 together. These are already very different games. 

It's not like the community has no patience. Bulkhead is very unbelievable with her behaviour. From that I hold hopes like that of Zane naïve.

The new big event with the ''huge'' price pool tells us that nothing has changed regarding bulkhead since the 400 of the 500 daily players quit including me.

I think most of those 400 kept faith for a long time. But the event and not returning to the forums and or making a big statement that they we're wrong, basically because of that I lost my last % of faith for now. But ye i will still follow the game a bit, maybe this moment ever comes but I don't think so.

Defending the game after everything that happened and looking at everything they are doing now doesn't seem right to me anymore. The only thing that would be right is making an excuse, because me and a lot of others have paid 65 euro or even more for this game. These are not the people on reddit these are the people who we're here from the start and have helped testing from the starting... Even bought a pc again for this game, it's such a shame it didn't turn out as the kickstarter stated.

Edited by sNrklhaai
  • Upvote 5

44 minutes ago, sNrklhaai said:

The new big event with the ''huge'' price pool tells us that nothing has changed regarding bulkhead since the 400 of the 500 daily players quit including me.

I think most of those 400 kept faith for a long time. But the event and not returning to the forums and or making a big statement that they we're wrong, basically because of that I lost my last % of faith for now. But ye i will still follow the game a bit, maybe this moment ever comes but I don't think so.

Defending the game after everything that happened and looking at everything they are doing now doesn't seem right to me anymore. The only thing that would be right is making an excuse, because me and a lot of others have paid 65 euro or even more for this game. These are not the people on reddit these are the people who we're here from the start and have helped testing from the starting... Even bought a pc again for this game, it's such a shame it didn't turn out as the kickstarter stated.

Did you read all the past updates?

Basically the major is one of the things they are doing to keep the competitive community intrested in the game.
Many orgs already signed new teams since this announcement, just to take part in this major.

If you think that they stop caring about the game and only want to do events by this announcement, you should go up and read the past announcements. 
They basically have prepared an entire Battalion 1944 V2.0, ready to hit test version somewhere in june, and getting released somewhere july.

This event has nothing to do whether they listen to the community or not. 
They have listened to the community. They have changed numerous of things only based on what the community has been suggestion and wanting to see changed.

My suggestion: go trough the updates they've announced once more ;)

3 hours ago, Don Camillo said:

It is, among other things, the advisory resistance and the appearance of the developers. 

As long as bounce benefits similar to bug using, the game does not bring a competitive base.

That's why it's also a joke now to try to push the game with events.

The gentlemen have still not recognized the problem. Nor can it not be that one no longer serves an official forum.

There was still a large COD2 Fanbase but Bulkhead apparently had only an interest in this base in advance.

BTW... please don't always COD2 and cod4 together. These are already very different games. 

It's not like the community has no patience. Bulkhead is very unbelievable with her behaviour. From that I hold hopes like that of Zane naïve.

Same goes for you, I don't know based on what you assume that Bulkhead has not recognized the problem? 
Yes playerbase is small, yes there are bugs, yes gameplay isn't smooth right now.
But also,
Yes they are starting to work on playerbase soon, yes they have fixed loads of bugs, yes they have completely changed the gameplay.

With wartide 2.0, new movement system, new maps, mapchanges, new smokes, new ... coming up they show that they listen to the community...
Please lets not ignore that

And for those still not believing me:

Here is a video of phantasy explaining most of the upcoming features and updates. 
And as you can see the major is only one tiny aspect of their plans. Balanced weapons, adjusted maps for a better gameflow, new wartide, new weapons, ladders, new playermodels, better lightning ... The list goes on

• Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, Dark said:

Did you read all the past updates?

Basically the major is one of the things they are doing to keep the competitive community intrested in the game.
Many orgs already signed new teams since this announcement, just to take part in this major.

If you think that they stop caring about the game and only want to do events by this announcement, you should go up and read the past announcements. 
They basically have prepared an entire Battalion 1944 V2.0, ready to hit test version somewhere in june, and getting released somewhere july. 

This event has nothing to do whether they listen to the community or not. 
They have listened to the community. They have changed numerous of things only based on what the community has been suggestion and wanting to see changed.

My suggestion: go trough the updates they've announced once more ;)

Thanks but will all respect. I have read all the update from this game. It's just the game is still going the same way. There are a lot of updates and the graphics are better.. These are updates on the current gameplay where I think if they really wanna get this going should change the whole basic game. A lot of players are looking for gameplay like cod 1 and cod 2, a lot of people don't care about a currency in game and a lot of other things that Battalion contains.

Also great to hear that there are a lot of new teams. Are they not practicing then? The player count is still 163 and that is what counts. Player count is the biggest issue of the game atm, and there is a small chance that the game will become what it should be.  But imo they already made to much enemies and ofcourse some will return in june. But basically everyone has to be happy with a player count of 500 after some months then if they even get this again..

That being said. I'm in a mode of awaitness and i'll check what happens in june. But in the current stage every positive word is one too much for me.

3 minutes ago, sNrklhaai said:

Thanks but will all respect. I have read all the update from this game. It's just the game is still going the same way. There are a lot of updates and the graphics are better.. These are updates on the current gameplay where I think if they really wanna get this going should change the whole basic game. A lot of players are looking for gameplay like cod 1 and cod 2, a lot of people don't care about a currency in game and a lot of other things that Battalion contains.

Also great to hear that there are a lot of new teams. Are they not practicing then? The player count is still 163 and that is what counts. Player count is the biggest issue of the game atm, and there is a small chance that the game will become what it should be.  But imo they already made to much enemies and ofcourse some will return in june. But basically everyone has to be happy with a player count of 500 after some months then if they even get this again..

That being said. I'm in a mode of awaitness and i'll check what happens in june. But in the current stage every positive word is one too much for me.

Streamers like shroud will pick up the game again once it gets updated, which will increase player numbers again.

Also, you are  saying that you think they are going the wrong way. Then please explain me what is the right way in your opinion ;) 
How would you like to see the game?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Dark said:

Streamers like shroud will pick up the game again once it gets updated, which will increase player numbers again.

Also, you are  saying that you think they are going the wrong way. Then please explain me what is the right way in your opinion ;) 
How would you like to see the game? 

Why would shroud like this game better then the current games he plays. I don't really believe it unless he gets more money for it. Like i stated before let's see what happens in June. At this stage there is just no reason to be really hyped anymore. I'm not saying it can never happen again.

Maybe there is not one best direction. For battalion the best direction is creating the game for the masses. And then not like cod but basically they had a lot of interest for what they promised at the beginning. That was already a mass and they could grow from there. My point is I’m not really sure if they listen, they just have the same game and are moving forward on this concept. For example I still think there we’re more people who wanted bunny hopping/scoped jumping out of the game then people who didn’t. They kept it, and I guess they will nerve it a bit now but isn’t it to late perhaps. They could have done a survey or even a better market research on how to make the game better to keep the most people into the game. For me personally I would like to see something like cod 1, but even when it would be more like cod 2 I could live with it, because it has a lot similarities We can not deny that the games kickstarter basically fully focused on cod 2 and what we got was cod 4 + quake but then worse. My frustration is big I did my first kickstarter, because everything sounded so right. But it didn’t turn out that way so far and that’s a shame.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, sNrklhaai said:

Why would shroud like this game better then the current games he plays. I don't really believe it unless he gets more money for it. Like i stated before let's see what happens in June. At this stage there is just no reason to be really hyped anymore. I'm not saying it can never happen again.

Maybe there is not one best direction. For battalion the best direction is creating the game for the masses. And then not like cod but basically they had a lot of interest for what they promised at the beginning. That was already a mass and they could grow from there. My point is I’m not really sure if they listen, they just have the same game and are moving forward on this concept. For example I still think there we’re more people who wanted bunny hopping/scoped jumping out of the game then people who didn’t. They kept it, and I guess they will nerve it a bit now but isn’t it to late perhaps. They could have done a survey or even a better market research on how to make the game better to keep the most people into the game. For me personally I would like to see something like cod 1, but even when it would be more like cod 2 I could live with it, because it has a lot similarities We can not deny that the games kickstarter basically fully focused on cod 2 and what we got was cod 4 + quake but then worse. My frustration is big I did my first kickstarter, because everything sounded so right. But it didn’t turn out that way so far and that’s a shame.

See that's where you're wrong ;) 
Yes there were a lot of people against bunny hopping, but the ones who are ok with it, do not complain about it. If 30 people on forums complain about it, it doesn't mean that "most people" want it gone.

Also, if you read their original kickstarter campaign, they are still sticking to that idea. It might not be exactly what you expected, but that doesn't mean they're not listening to the community.
I know they do listen. Many things that I suggested back in Alpha for example, got changed and got fixed.
So goes for all the complaints about Shotgun being OP, as you can read in the patchnotes they changed that too, same goes for most of it.

They are listening, they didn't change their trajectory 😛 trust me

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, sNrklhaai said:

For example I still think there we’re more people who wanted bunny hopping/scoped jumping out of the game then people who didn’t. They kept it, and I guess they will nerve it a bit now but isn’t it to late perhaps. They could have done a survey or even a better market research on how to make the game better to keep the most people into the game. For me personally I would like to see something like cod 1, but even when it would be more like cod 2 I could live with it, because it has a lot similarities We can not deny that the games kickstarter basically fully focused on cod 2 and what we got was cod 4 + quake but then worse. My frustration is big I did my first kickstarter, because everything sounded so right. But it didn’t turn out that way so far and that’s a shame.  

thats the biggest Point....

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Don Camillo said:

thats the biggest Point....

As i explained above:

1) you don't know how many people wanted to keep bunny hopping and scoped jumping
2) Kickstarter didn't focus on COD2 only
3) You can't expect them to remake an already existing game

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

39 minutes ago, Dark said:

As i explained above:

1) you don't know how many people wanted to keep bunny hopping and scoped jumping

Well the people in my steam list basically all quit because of the bullshit, and then i mean the not possible parts of the game. When it's really skillful then it's something but how it is build every noob can make these stupid jumpshots that we're described as super skillful. I know they don't care about my friendslist but they are the same amount of 25% of the max players now everyday.

Furthermore it's not proven because they never did research about it. Still we have the fact that basically everyone left. And they didn't go because the graphics we're bad or a gun was not properly balanced. But ye we can stop this discussion, because basically im pretty sure that after the june like max 1200 players are back on day 1 and in the weeks after the player count will probally drop again. I can not predict the future, but the odds are bad.

And ofcourse they made changes at alpha and before that. Basically they we're doing a really good job untill they started discussions on twitter and these forums, which wasn't really professional in any way. And after early access they we're gone, a lot of people had concerns and there we're a lot of good points in a topic before this one, the game is dead, perhaps u remember, but that topic was closed because like 2 or 3 people stated the player count at that stage. There are some people on these forums with like -75 points for a reason, perhaps they even had more love for this game then the so called pro's who are currently playing and competing Battalion 1944.

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, Dark said:

As i explained above:

lol The top and bottom of it is this ...nobody plays the game mainly because of the quick scoping bunny hopping  ..you can kid your self all day long but this game will not progress unless they remove these aspects of the game

Yes this is just my feeling, but I have seen many others on many other forums say just the same and the proof in the pudding is that nobody plays the dam game and it's probably  not because of any other reason, I for one would still be playing the game if those aspects were  not in game and I can promise you that many many others would say the same  and outway any other players that say that they did like it ....

I  have no proof but then I don't need it because nobody plays the game anymore  and that to me tells me everything

• Upvote 3

I never understood the bunny hopping anyway as it would be even more ridiculous on concoles.

It looks kinda weird to me for a game that releases on pc, ps4 and xbox, but perhaps they get a different and probally better game.

Edited by sNrklhaai
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Sneak1961 said:

lol The top and bottom of it is this ...nobody plays the game mainly because of the quick scoping bunny hopping  ..you can kid your self all day long but this game will not progress unless they remove these aspects of the game

Yes this is just my feeling, but I have seen many others on many other forums say just the same and the proof in the pudding is that nobody plays the dam game and it's probably  not because of any other reason, I for one would still be playing the game if those aspects were  not in game and I can promise you that many many others would say the same  and outway any other players that say that they did like it ....

I  have no proof but then I don't need it because nobody plays the game anymore  and that to me tells me everything

for me and a lot of cod1/2 veterans of my buddylist the same. we would play this game but no one oft them like this quick scoping bunny hopping game style.

I think if someone says there is no evidence that this is because then you only need to compare to the currently active player numbers with a 13-15 year old COD1/2.

The Playstyle of this time still has a great Fanbase. 

Maps and other subtleties can be adjusted but you have to choose a game style. The current Battalion1944 quick scoping bunny hopping style did not looks successful.

Edited by Don Camillo

They should have focused on modding and map making for the community. Devs thinking they know best is a sure fire way of destroying a game. As always, the community will do better maps if you let them.

• Upvote 1

My poll shows that many players do prefer no hopping and no strafe-jumping.

http://forums.battaliongame.com/topic/9243-strafe-jump-poll/

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I was just joining to give the game another go. And I was amazed to find a total of 26 players playing the game and all of them in locked private servers. WOW! Just WOW!

Come on devs just refund everyone and put this entire project down as a very bad idea and promise never to make a game again.

I remember the first post I ever put in here I was raging about how bad this game was and got my head taken off. Thanks for showing me that I was right in the first place. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, [VS-UK]Gom3R said:

Come on devs just refund everyone and put this entire project down as a very bad idea and promise never to make a game again.

This ^

The update will make or break the game completely.

If it's still no good i don't think Bulkhead or Battalion will recover but i await the patch and give it one final go before uninstalling it and learn from this experience and never buy another EA game again based on hype.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

On 6/9/2018 at 8:39 PM, [VS-UK]Gom3R said:

I was just joining to give the game another go. And I was amazed to find a total of 26 players playing the game and all of them in locked private servers. WOW! Just WOW!

I remember the first post I ever put in here I was raging about how bad this game was and got my head taken off. Thanks for showing me that I was right in the first place. 

Instead of this raging post, you could spend some time on reading the discord conversations, reddit posts and announcements that the devs made.
They clearly stated why they aren't promoting the game in it's current state and why MU2 will be so great.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

20 hours ago, Dark said:

Instead of this raging post, you could spend some time on reading the discord conversations, reddit posts and announcements that the devs made.
They clearly stated why they aren't promoting the game in it's current state and why MU2 will be so great.

the problem is.... WHEN? WHEN ? WHEN?

• Upvote 4

On 6/11/2018 at 4:22 PM, Dark said:

Since many don't use reddit, discord, and the devs don't choose to make any announcements on this their own forum (it seems to fall to Razor to copy and paste that stuff), it becomes difficult to follow what might (or might not) be going on. ..  But then we've all said as much over and over.

But I do await with interest the big update and really do hope that the promised changes in some of the mechanics, particularly on strafe bunny aim down sight hopping, will provide the sense of direction this game needs for the "authentic" experience so promised in the original kickstarter promotions.  Bottom line is that it is gameplay (even more so than blingy graphics) and a fun playing environment, that will get and hold an audience.  Not big prize money for a few competitions, indeed the real e-sports communities will only be interested (after the initial prize bribery), if there is an active casual player base, otherwise where is the audience and new players for competition.

This really is last chance saloon and 13th hour stuff.

Edited by Kannon Fodda
  • Upvote 2

my concern at this point is Battalion 1944 has now been overtaken by an avalanche of games and the disappointing thing is Bulkhead knew these games were coming but have been unable to move fast enough to stay ahead of them. Insurgency Sandstorm, BF5, Post Scriptum, Hell Let Loose are all turning the attention of players away from this game because development slowed to a crawl and Bulkhead have scattered what's left of the player base to all corners of the internet by abandoning their own forum which they have always maintained they have not but if the users believe that then perception is reality without evidence to the contrary. i still have every confidence that Bulkhead will fix the game but i fear it's at least 3 months too late to re-establish the games viability.

Edited by Farq-S
  • Upvote 4