sNrklhaai

Games not yet dead guys.. Let's talk about it!

They should've went the Campaign route. Everyone seems to be going to WW2. First COD WW2 got em, now BF is going to WW2. On PC, there's just too many great WW2 mp games coming out, that i wish would come to console, but it may be on PC counts are suffering for that reason.

It's not that the developers came late to the party, but like Verdun, are being sunk by bigger developers who can come out with the games much quicker,  and at higher quality, as i unfortunately predicted awhile ago.

However, a great WW2 campaign would have been something unique, and really what my greatest memories years back were. It was about MOH in 98, or MOH Frontline, COD Finest Hour or Big Red One. Anyhow, i'm still buying this, but does anyone know when this game is actually coming out on consoles?

3 minutes ago, WeAsOne said:

Game is coming to consoles after full steam release.. so that would mean probably 2019

On battaliongame.com you can see the roadmap

I thought the last i checked it was coming to PS4 around July. Now it's next year ? Idk, this is the whole thing when you're dealing with smaller devs.

16 hours ago, WeAsOne said:

Hope you will come back..

Problem with that is all my clan members have now ditched Battalion and are already talking about Black Ops 4 and the new Battlefield so it will be hard getting them to give Battalion another go which is disappointing as we put so much hope into this game being the next one we could play in leagues again. I think Bulkhead have missed their main target audience tbh but time will tell.

16 hours ago, WeAsOne said:

Only the player-count needs a buff at the moment

Indeed it does and the only way this will happen is if Bulkhead start listening and make a game the players wanted in the first place.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Rangers101 said:

I thought the last i checked it was coming to PS4 around July. Now it's next year ? Idk, this is the whole thing when you're dealing with smaller devs.

I heard before the early acces lounch that after full steam release it would drop for consoles

2 hours ago, Excel said:

Problem with that is all my clan members have now ditched Battalion and are already talking about Black Ops 4 and the new Battlefield

I understand, but this game is targeted at the lovers of the old-school titles.. and the ones that are sick of the modern pay2win and killstreak rewards..

And that group is the minority.. so a lot of people will just hop on to the following title.

2 hours ago, Excel said:

Indeed it does and the only way this will happen is if Bulkhead start listening and make a game the players wanted in the first place.

They are listening since day 1, and they would like to show you what they did with all the feedback in the following big update! Give it a shot :)

Edited by WeAsOne
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

53 minutes ago, WeAsOne said:

I understand, but this game is targeted at the lovers of the old-school titles.. and the ones that are sick of the modern pay2win and killstreak rewards..

Yeah i hear you, im 50 and played CoD Vanilla, UO, CoD2 and CoD4 in leagues, CoD4 being the main one as a clan so Battalion was our next clan/league game but alas it didn't work out but with that said there is still 1% of me which thinks Battalion can still make it.

Personally im not interested in shitty skins or fancy things like loot crates and crap just a pure game with accurate hit reg which can be played as fair as possible.

1 hour ago, WeAsOne said:

They are listening since day 1, and they would like to show you what they did with all the feedback in the following big update! Give it a shot :)

They might be listening now but their main aim was Lans, probably for sponsorship deals or something but it would also be nice for the team to show some love to there members on this "official" forum, that would help us and them :)

1 hour ago, Excel said:

im 50 and played CoD Vanilla, UO

Big chance you shot me in one of these 😍

Now when I read that the developers instead of taking on the voices of the players now use their energy to bring the game to consoles then it gives the impression to me that making money is in Focus. They should first try to reach a player base. My buddy list alone is bigger than the amount of Battalion1944 Players.

I recently tested the game again with friends. It's still the strafe jump around the corner Qick scope crap.

For us COD1/COD2 fans the game is still not interesting...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Well with game being realesed on consoles it looks to me that devs are focusing on cosnoles from now on ,since the game is preety much dead on pc.

Gj trying to transfer the PC game that was imagined to be combined from cod1 cod2 and cod4 in to completely new pc game.Now while u guys fcked up pc franchise trying to revive it on consoles? Imagine if this suceeds on consoles rofl like we need kids with joisticks trying to do 360 quicscopes and upload it on youtube.from a game that have bring us so much hype and hope and got us all back together in the old days of pc playing,reading that it will get console franchise gets me triggered. u guys could barely keep up with pc version of the game and have lost almost all the player base the ones that are left are 70 hardcore players that will quit eventually when there will be no one else to play against. and game is still fcked up on many levels.How in the 7 worlds u guys are going to work on pc and console version? while u could barely do anything with pc version. Im out of here for good...

Edited by Kreator
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

On 5/21/2018 at 9:48 AM, Don Camillo said:

Now when I read that the developers instead of taking on the voices of the players now use their energy to bring the game to consoles then it gives the impression to me that making money is in Focus.

The devs are focusing just on the pc version until it comes out of EA, they are not focusing on consoles. Have you read the last devblogs?

• Downvote 1

Sorry but I do not think they do first complete the PC version and then later start working on the console Version ...  They can write a lot...

This originally targeted type of game is not suitable for consoles at all. It seems to me that it is about the coal and a lot of talk...

In the meantime I have no confidence that I had at the beginning….

Edited by Don Camillo
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

In a game like this, an active community and player base is everything without that there is no game,

I get the feeling that the devs released the game because they needed more funding but after the huge failed release day with many refunds they then concentrated their efforts on trying to get sponsors through the competition side to aid their funding even more

If this is what the devs are focusing on, then it is at great cost to the game because even if they get the funding, without a player base the game if dead in the water anyway and the only guys that get anything out of it are the devs prolonged wages perhaps,

A dead game in general very rarely makes a come back from this sort of disaster and when certain devs show themselves to be very arrogant and don't even post on their own forums then there is even less chance of any comeback no matter how good an update they bring out in the future, this and the fact that the devs fail to acknowledge or agree on the fans dislike of many aspects of the gameplay

It's a shame because it could have been so so good  

• Upvote 5

7 hours ago, Sneak1961 said:

In a game like this, an active community and player base is everything without that there is no game,

I get the feeling that the devs released the game because they needed more funding but after the huge failed release day with many refunds they then concentrated their efforts on trying to get sponsors through the competition side to aid their funding even more

If this is what the devs are focusing on, then it is at great cost to the game because even if they get the funding, without a player base the game if dead in the water anyway and the only guys that get anything out of it are the devs prolonged wages perhaps,

A dead game in general very rarely makes a come back from this sort of disaster and when certain devs show themselves to be very arrogant and don't even post on their own forums then there is even less chance of any comeback no matter how good an update they bring out in the future, this and the fact that the devs fail to acknowledge or agree on the fans dislike of many aspects of the gameplay

It's a shame because it could have been so so good  

That pretty much sums it up, can't agree more.

The game, their attitude toward the (what were) fans generally just sucks.

In short, you reap what you sow and Bulkhead are getting back what they put in.

7 hours ago, Sneak1961 said:

You clealy have no idea how this stuff works man. First of all the EA launch has been a mediatic failure for the game, but financially speaking it did well, just look at SteamDB and see how many people own the game (that also takes in consideration refunds). Second running an esports scene costs money, sponsors usually are supposed to compensate for those costs (PC rental, rent for the location, casters, price pool, etc..) all the money Bulkhead gets from them go straight into the event, not their pockets, there is no sponsor in the world who gives money directly to the devs just to develop the game, because in that case we aren't talking about sponsors anymore, but publishers or investors.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Actually Zane Bulkhead said they released EA early because they needed the funds then turned their attention to Esports so one can only assume they used the money to push lans and esport stuff.

That is how it looks so people will comment on that, same as the latest update stuff, looks like they are spending more time on shinny stuff and animated things rather than put effort into making the game decent then add all the flashing lights after.

7 hours ago, Excel said:

Actually Zane Bulkhead said they released EA early because they needed the funds then turned their attention to Esports so one can only assume they used the money to push lans and esport stuff.

Yes that's true, we can spend all time discussing about whether focusing on esports this early was a good or bad move, but that doesn't imply they focused on esports because they wanted to take money from sponsors as Sneak said, if you want to make a somewhat valid point, you could say they took money from EA sales and spent them into esports instead of investing all of them in improving the game, that would be a fair critic, what Sneak said is just nonsense.

7 hours ago, Excel said:

That is how it looks so people will comment on that, same as the latest update stuff, looks like they are spending more time on shinny stuff and animated things rather than put effort into making the game decent then add all the flashing lights after.

I don't know, maybe we haven't read the same devblogs, because to me it seems that with each update they have addressed almost all the stuff the community has complained about in the past months, we haven't heard anything esports related until yesterday. Your complaint sound so generic "shiny stuff and animated things", what are you even talking about? The new renderer? Because to me it seems many people complained about graphics being shit, yes it may not be as important to you, but it's not like that's all what they have done, with this update they have made changes to almost every aspect of the game following the feedback that was given during the first months of EA, I wonder what else you were expecting them to do.

Edited by Zane
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Cant take this company serious  anymore. I feel like i was tricked into buying this game and did not recieve product as promised...

Whatewer that devs are trying to do it is to late for that now.

Seems like they are so arrogant , blind and irresponsible

I have that feelingn that they abandoned this forum because they can not take criticsm at all instead they are posting to reddit to their pets and wannabe b44 pros.

I am not mad beacuse i payed for the game and it turned out to be a total disaster 

i am mad couse the game had potential and got completely ruined.

Yet there is this also My team organised lan tournamennt here in Karlovac Croatia 32+ teams from whole Europe showed interest and signed up to participate.

1st place:4000€ + trophy and medals

2nd place:2000€ + medals

3rd place :1000€ + medals

Food hotels and motels are cheap here in Croatia like 10-15 euros per night.
 Also having some great night out   in local pubs is also cheap beer is like 2 euros.

We had everythinng sposnsors good gaming pcs lots of space tournament was supposed to be at big shopping center.

Interested team had 45+ days to pay to participate none of them have  payed and we have canceled the tournament.

cant blame interested teams who would play game on lan that was barely playable from home on pc due to many crashes and bugs.

this was not just one case there were many other Eu tournaments that got canceled.

Yet devs were not tracking that issue how could they after all when they have abanoned their own forum hahaha.

Yet they have announced major lan tournament The Insomnia62 in UK England one of the most expensive countries in the world with a prize pool of 10k.
 Who would participate in it when there is no any official B44 team ranking?

This game is going to die i mean it already is thanks devs

Poor buisnees choices got it where they are today.

i am not hater of this game or devs at all i supported it from the very beggining of the game even have spend 50 euros on loot boxes to help the devs because i liked the idea back than but this now is just killing it.
Console annoucment said it all...

Edited by Kreator
  • Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, Kreator said:

cant blame interested teams who would play game on lan that was barely playable from home on pc due to many crashes and bugs.
Yet devs were not tracking that issue how could they after all when they have abanoned their own forum hahaha.

Crashes and bugs don't get fix overnight man, it takes a lot of time to make a game stable. You tried to organize a tournament for a game which has been in early access for 3 months, what did you expect?

33 minutes ago, Kreator said:

Yet they have announced major lan tournament The Insomnia62 in UK England one of the most expensive countries in the world with a prize pool of 10k.
 Who would participate in it when there is no any official B44 team ranking?

Dunno, maybe all the teams that participated to Blitzkrieg LAN 2 months ago.

34 minutes ago, Kreator said:

Console annoucment said it all...

Yeah the console version that was announced with the original Kickstarter campaign said it all...

Jeez guys give me a break, I don't want to look like a Battalion fanboy, I mean I still think the game has potential, but if you control my comment history I've also shared my fair amount of critics towards bulkhead devs, but on the other hand the points you make are so dumb I can't just ignore them and let you spread false informations. I don't condone their choice but it's most likely for posts like this that the devs left the forums

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, Zane said:

Crashes and bugs don't get fix overnight man, it takes a lot of time to make a game stable. You tried to organize a tournament for a game which has been in early access for 3 months, what did you expect?

Dunno, maybe all the teams that participated to Blitzkrieg LAN 2 months ago.

Yeah the console version that was announced with the original Kickstarter campaign said it all...

Jeez guys give me a break, I don't want to look like a Battalion fanboy, I mean I still think the game has potential, but if you control my comment history I've also shared my fair amount of critics towards bulkhead devs, but on the other hand the points you make are so dumb I can't just ignore them and let you spread false informations. I don't condone their choice but it's most likely for posts like this that the devs left the forums

I am not hater as i told u i liked the game and i have supported it with fair amount of money.Some of their choices are just stupid what did they get in return with insonmia 10 k lan?

Absolutely nothing player base declined. Would like if they have spend that money in advertising or fixing the game. i hope thst new update will raise the player base. But i dont understand why did they left the forum.If someone were criticisying me i would take it and tried to make things better and learn from mistakes.

i mean cmon 68 players at average i doubt that even will new update playerbase will raise siginifically. I hope that i am wrong because i liked the idea of the game.But it is unplayable now cant find match at all even when i do find it it is 2v2 or less.

8 hours ago, Zane said:

it's most likely for posts like this that the devs left the forums

Actually they haven't left the forums, they just don't post here but the question is why and im sure they are mature enough to take criticism and learn from it instead of turning a blind eye to it. More interaction on these forums from an appointed spokes person from Bulkhead would have gone a long way.

21 hours ago, Zane said:

this update they have made changes to almost every aspect of the game following the feedback that was given during the first months of EA, I wonder what else you were expecting them to do.

Seriously, what update? Nothing for 3 months at all, no patches for an EA game is deadly and they announce an update in July and we don't know what issues that will bring either so 4 months for an update the players lose interest and move on its bad business for Bulkhead and bad for the customer base.

We have heard all the excuses from Bulkhead from day one and have taken that info onboard but it is just getting old now because the bottom line is they promised something they couldn't deliver and most if not all bought into this game after watching the trailer, the actual game play was nothing like it, make your own mind up about that.

Just to add, im not a hater just a very very disappointed player who really wanted this game to work for all and wanted the dev team to listen earlier on, do updates regularly or at least on a monthly basis and at least reassure people on this site, post something even if its to show they are reading these forums.

• Upvote 1

On 5/24/2018 at 10:41 PM, Zane said:

You clealy have no idea how this stuff works man. First of all the EA launch has been a mediatic failure for the game, but financially speaking it did well, just look at SteamDB and see how many people own the game (that also takes in consideration refunds). Second running an esports scene costs money, sponsors usually are supposed to compensate for those costs (PC rental, rent for the location, casters, price pool, etc..) all the money Bulkhead gets from them go straight into the event, not their pockets, there is no sponsor in the world who gives money directly to the devs just to develop the game, because in that case we aren't talking about sponsors anymore, but publishers or investors.

If the devs and game are so good, and what most players are saying is wrong, then why are you the only one saying it,  you cannot ignore the fact that

1, nobody is playing this game 

2, the game has got major issues with gameplay 

3, the devs just ignore everyone who as a complaint about this game

4, the devs don't even post on their own forums

5, no update for months

7, the forums are almost dead, and if you read the steam forums all you see if bad news from the player base

Edited by Sneak1961
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Sneak1961 said:

If the devs and game are so good, and what most players are saying is wrong, then why are you the only one saying it,  you cannot ignore the fact that

1, nobody is playing this game 

2, the game has got major issues with gameplay 

3, the devs just ignore everyone who as a complaint about this game

4, the devs don't even post on their own forums

5, no update for months

7, the forums are almost dead, and if you read the steam forums all you see if bad news from the player base

Please read again my previous answer, now tell me where you see me making any of the points you've listed. All I've said is the game has been a mediatic failure, but financially speaking it did well, then I proved your point was bullshit. For you to answer to my previous statement is such a way means that you either are stupid or recognized that your original statement was false, but anyway:

1: Statistically false, someone is playing the game

2: There are so many games I can think of that have major gameplay issues, some of them are not even in EA. What did you expect from an indie title? Most of those issues are getting addressed with the MU2 anyway

3: Definitely not true and the recent steam updates are the proof they listen to the community, they just ignore stupid complaints

4: As I already said, I don't agree with their decision to leave the forums, but I can see why they did it after reading some of the posts in this thread

5: Did you expect an indie studio to push as many updates as Fortnite does? They have said it's not optimal to have an update every 3 months, but that's what they can do with their current infrastructure, supposedly things will change in the future and we'll get more small updates in between major ones.

6: the only thing I can agree with

7: The forums are almost dead because all the good talk is happening on reddit, where people make useful posts and share content

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Zane said:

7: The forums are almost dead because all the good talk is happening on reddit, where people make useful posts and share content

Sooooo, they bailed on their own "official" forum because a few people told the truth and hurt there feelings and they only want positive input because that's how you build a player base? errrm no but ok if you say so.

160 player peak is awesome, hope they make more skins and loot boxes to keep them interested :)

11 minutes ago, Zane said:

then I proved your point was bullshit. For you to answer to my previous statement is such a way means that you either are stupid

Two key words here "bullshit" & "stupid" both words describe Battalion 1944 as it stands today and your attitude toward a fellow disappointed gamer who quite rightly shares his own views which incidentally seems to match the views of some 16,200 other players who also ditched Battalion...... 

Lets hope the next update brings back quite a few more players but Bulkhead need to step up their game considerably for that to happen.

• Downvote 1

14 hours ago, Excel said:

[...] 16,200 other players [...]

You can count me out of that number, thanks. It's not like 16k people have gone for those particular reasons that you believe are the issues.

14 hours ago, Excel said:

[...] Bulkhead need to step up their game considerably [...]

Absolutely. However, that's not going to happen overnight and that's what Zane is trying to get across to you. Give it time, be patient. Repeatedly coming in here and typing down the same complaint over and over again is not going to help Bulkhead get issues fixed faster.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

22 hours ago, Zane said:

Zane do not take it personally but i think that u are putting high hopes in something that is not going to happen. At the end u will feel same dissapoitment as the rest of us are.

This game is going nowhere and thats the truth.

16k player base does not just dissapear over night, and that is exactely what happened here. What does that tell you? That is a serious sign that something is wrong with the game.

i have 30 friends on steam that own b44 i spoke to almost every single of them. And they all stated that there is no way that they are going to install the game ever again.

New update with new map (coastal) was really really bad that map was one of the worst i have ever seen in competetive fps games.Can compare that map with downpour in cod4 only and downpour is terrible map.

back than remaining 500 players left the game as they lost faith in devs 200 were left today on steam charts there is 68 players daily average 

Last 30 Days 67.5 -49.0 -42.07% 235

This is point of no return even if player base inceraces in near future to lets say 500 players daily over time it is going to drop again.

This is what devs know and this is the reason why they will focus to make b44 console franchise.Now u can defend devs whatever u want but this is the sad truth you will need to accept or you are going to learn it hard way and see that majority of us were right.

• Upvote 1