sNrklhaai

Games not yet dead guys.. Let's talk about it!

On 5/4/2018 at 3:58 PM, RLpacifist said:

I do share the disappointment about the game's current state and fully understand the frustration going with that. However, I do not agree that this is the end of Battalion, let alone Bulkhead may even have run off with our money and are gone for good all together. Seriously, get real and give them a break. I mean, we are talking about a small studio, taking their first chance on quite an ambitioned multiplayer title. I'm not saying we're obliged to swallow all the mistakes because of that, however, a troublesome development was to be expected, to begin with.

I stumbled across this youtube video, taped on EGX Rezzed April 15th this year, in which Bulkhead's lead coder is explaining what went wrong from a technical point of view, especially how limited they are on resources for proper internal testing. Basically, he is publicly admitting they fucked up and explaining how and why, but even more important, he presents what they already have done and are doing in order to prevent things from going that wrong again in the future:

Youtube: Battalion 1944: The Importance Of Testing From Day 1 - EGX Rezzed 2018

Sure, this video tells nothing about gameplay decisions and so on and it probably seems mostly irrelevant to a lot of people around here. However, to me, it serves quite well to demonstrate how Bulkhead is, in fact, a professional company pulling their shit together, still working hard building Battalion 1944. Why else would someone step out into the public and share his mistakes, rather than simply go low profile?

Personally, I've still got my hopes up and I'm genuinely curious what they will come up with in the Summer Update.

So they actually skipped testing and we're paying them to let us work for them. That's like a backstab in my opinion.

Edited by crappy

139 24-hour peak Unistalled !

Forums deleted from fav`s

BB best of luck !

Edited by Gis
  • Upvote 1

Happy the focus is full on the reddit playerbase.

The mass from there still bring 150 players to the game..

I bet if the love of the devs was focused on this forum there would still be atleast 300 from here.

• Upvote 1

On 5/4/2018 at 2:58 PM, RLpacifist said:

I do share the disappointment about the game's current state and fully understand the frustration going with that. However, I do not agree that this is the end of Battalion, let alone Bulkhead may even have run off with our money and are gone for good all together. Seriously, get real and give them a break. I mean, we are talking about a small studio, taking their first chance on quite an ambitioned multiplayer title. I'm not saying we're obliged to swallow all the mistakes because of that, however, a troublesome development was to be expected, to begin with.

I stumbled across this youtube video, taped on EGX Rezzed April 15th this year, in which Bulkhead's lead coder is explaining what went wrong from a technical point of view, especially how limited they are on resources for proper internal testing. Basically, he is publicly admitting they fucked up and explaining how and why, but even more important, he presents what they already have done and are doing in order to prevent things from going that wrong again in the future:

Youtube: Battalion 1944: The Importance Of Testing From Day 1 - EGX Rezzed 2018

Sure, this video tells nothing about gameplay decisions and so on and it probably seems mostly irrelevant to a lot of people around here. However, to me, it serves quite well to demonstrate how Bulkhead is, in fact, a professional company pulling their shit together, still working hard building Battalion 1944. Why else would someone step out into the public and share his mistakes, rather than simply go low profile?

Personally, I've still got my hopes up and I'm genuinely curious what they will come up with in the Summer Update.

i've met james tatum (speaker in the vid). he's honest, sincere and cares intensely about his work. and all the other people i've met at bulkhead are no different. people like him are the reason i know that bulkhead would never take the money and run.

Been away for a week so i come on to catch up and see what progress has been made and to even more disappointment i see not only the game but the forums are dead.

I really have no idea who they are developing the game for now, 99 players peak WTF?

The dev team didn't listen and wanted to develop something they thought the masses wanted and now it clearly shows who is right.

You guys might as well call it a day, you won't get back any player base as you missed that and you take too long to fix anything, people won't wait around forever due to more interesting games coming out.

Quick note on the meaning of development just in case you forgot.......

development
dɪˈvɛləpm(ə)nt/
noun
noun: development
  1. 1.
    the process of developing or being developed.
    synonyms: evolution, growth, maturing, expansion, enlargement, spread, buildout, progress, success, blossoming, blooming, burgeoning, headway More
    "the next stage in the development of this form of transport"
    forming, establishment, institution, initiation, instigation, inauguration, origination, invention, generation
    "the development of the idea of a nation"
    • a specified state of growth or advancement.
    • a new and advanced product or idea.
      plural noun: developments
      "the latest developments in information technology"
  2. 2.
    an event constituting a new stage in a changing situation.

It's really such a shame. At the announcement i basically bought a pc for this game.. Times can change i was so hyped for this.

Imo it's bad decision after decision and for a long time i thought with some pressure from the backers they would have changed the game even a bit..

Few months ago i thought there was a still a chance. But hosting lans and tournaments on a game that is far from done and that playerbase, it was hard to take the game any serious.

the 1% hope i still have brings me back to the forums now and then. But basically i'm pretty convinced nothing is going to change rly positive. But atleast there is a new gun, i couldn't care any less.  The 1% in me hopes that someone in the dev team stands up and decides to pay back the orginal backers give us the game that u promoted from the start. The orginal backers would probally pay u back by having atleast 1000 players a day as a start. But i guess this will not happen, and the game will not be a huge succes. But ofcourse there will be lans for a playerbase of probally max 500 people. Perhaps i'm wrong but i wish you the best of luck to prove us wrong. fact is most backers quit already and probally 90% of the people we hyped for this game quit aswell.

• Upvote 2

The sad thing is, a lot of the vociferous twitch gamers who initially supported the direction the game was going and shouted down those who wanted the game that was described in the Kickstarter have likely moved on to the 'next big thing' - whatever the current YouTuber's are into.

11 hours ago, Revvin said:

The sad thing is, a lot of the vociferous twitch gamers who initially supported the direction the game was going and shouted down those who wanted the game that was described in the Kickstarter have likely moved on to the 'next big thing' - whatever the current YouTuber's are into.

Totally true the group with the so called pro's who joined us later after alpha basically took over from the Original backers. They we're more important and they are still with 150 people who actually play this game daily. I don't know how much people backed this game but the backers should have been the group to focus on, i don't think they would have all left if they had the feeling they we're still listened to and the game was going in the direction of what they had backed from the start.

Edited by sNrklhaai
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, sNrklhaai said:

Totally true the group with the so called pro's who joined us later after alpha basically took over from the Original backers. They we're more important and they are still with 150 people who actually play this game daily. I don't know how much people backed this game but the backers should have been the group to focus on, i don't think they would have all left if they had the feeling they we're still listened to and the game was going in the direction of what they had backed from the start.

I don't think giving a shit about the backers, aside from some stupid skins, was ever Bulkhead's intention. They would've left their forums like they did regardless at the first sight of negative feedback.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tygrys said:

They would've left their forums like they did regardless at the first sight of negative feedback.

Lets face it, they had the backers money then tossed the backers to one side and started aiming their vision of the game toward the so called pro's which in my opinion was a dirty move.

I luckily only paid £10 for the game but it's the backers i really feel for because i know quite a few paid a lot of money to see the game progress how they wanted it but Bulkhead had other ideas which have obviously failed and the reason for that failure is they didn't listen.

• Like 2

I think that the hard criticism and the bullshit accusation at Bulkhead which one can read on steam and in various forums is perfectly justified.

On the one hand, it has been proven, as some posts have proven, initially suggesting you want to put a game like COD1/2 on the market and thus attracted a lot of people. Later, you didn't want to know anything about it.

In my opinion, it speaks a clear language to the attitude of Bulkhead when the official forum is suddenly no longer served. There can be no two opinions on this.

Personally, I hope for lack of alternatives that they jump over their shadows and enter the COD1/2 Fanbase. But just as it looks, they are only content with their charcoal.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Excel said:

Lets face it, they had the backers money then tossed the backers to one side and started aiming their vision of the game toward the so called pro's which in my opinion was a dirty move.

I luckily only paid £10 for the game but it's the backers i really feel for because i know quite a few paid a lot of money to see the game progress how they wanted it but Bulkhead had other ideas which have obviously failed and the reason for that failure is they didn't listen.

What is it people who make games like this are thinking?   There is a poll, strafe/jump, it comes out,  for jumping    39.5    against jumping  60.47.    the 39.5 win the 60.47 leave permanently, who's won.   Maybe if the jumping/hopping/strafe thing had been removed the game may have still been a viable option.   but never mind, should have kept my £10 in my wallet.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, oldman said:

Maybe if the jumping/hopping/strafe thing had been removed the game may have still been a viable option.

I don't feel the jumping around alone was an issue, well not for me but the accuracy the jump shot produced was. It made a a minority feel all pro all of a sudden 🙄

Bulkheads attitude toward the player base was a huge problem though and not giving what they promised was another problem and late and/or no updates in a timely manner pisses players off as they will just move on.

Everyone understands Bulkhead is a small team but lack of communication and lack of transparency is simply inexcusable, makes you wonder what were/are Bulkheads intentions from the start?

After a very short time i got the impression they just needed funding for their own project which was at the point i noticed a backtrack in what they promised the game would be and how it turned out. Traveling all over attending lans only hurt them in the long run as they tried to promote the game to wrong audience, the people who funded the game got some thrown together thing which turns out to be unplayable for most but that is on them.

Bulkhead had a massive opportunity to bring the PC community together again and make it big but they blew that from day one and all we have is a glitchy csgo incarnation of shit.

Hate to be no negative after being so positive in the beginning but thanks to Bulkhead i can only be negative about Battalion and i would never purchase anything from Bulkhead again.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

They are going to nerf bunny hopping.  Wohoo. 

Trouble is too many players have disappeared and enticing them back will be challenging.  And unfortunately again, Bulkhead aren't announcing this major news on this forum.  Why not just admit it, and close the place?

• Downvote 1

I love the updates.. game feels smooth now and can not wait for the update in July :)

Had a few enjoyable games today and yesterday.

• Upvote 3

On 5/17/2018 at 6:56 PM, MrSandman said:

Perhaps some light at the end of the tunnel? less fleas hopefully. Will have another go and see when its released

https://steamcommunity.com/games/489940/announcements/detail/1673529613989051237 

I am giving them a chance and am actually looking forward to this. However if they fuck this one up I don't think they're going to recover from that. Also they should finally start treating their own forums as their main channel for the community instead of plebbit. reddit is bad for one big reason - people there can only suck each other off and anything negative is immediately downvoted to hell.

17 hours ago, WeAsOne said:

I love the updates.. game feels smooth now and can not wait for the update in July :)

updates,  what updates?

27 minutes ago, Tygrys said:

reddit is bad for one big reason - people there can only suck each other off and anything negative is immediately downvoted to hell.

Pretty much the same as this site then 😂😂😂😂

17 hours ago, WeAsOne said:

Are we talking about Battalion or another game because i don't recall any updates since the last one in March?

I also thought Battalion update was in June not July?

6 hours ago, Excel said:

Are we talking about Battalion or another game because i don't recall any updates since the last one in March?

I also thought Battalion update was in June not July?

There was an update for performance and did very well

And as far as I understand there will be multiple updates in june/july (i heard something about testing in june and releasing in july.. maybe that was about the new wartide mode)

Edited by WeAsOne

On 4/13/2018 at 7:29 AM, shishx said:

So far I've been a good boy so this game is far from

yes, in june they relased a "Beta Test Zone" by new codes, later thet will push update in the game!

18 hours ago, WeAsOne said:

There was an update for performance and did very well

And as far as I understand there will be multiple updates in june/july (i heard something about testing in june and releasing in july.. maybe that was about the new wartide mode)

Thanks for the info, i stopped playing after the March patch :(

6 hours ago, Excel said:

Thanks for the info, i stopped playing after the March patch :(

Hope you will come back.. It's delicious already and will get better every month now :D

Only the player-count needs a buff at the moment

Edited by WeAsOne
  • Upvote 1