sNrklhaai

Games not yet dead guys.. Let's talk about it!

1 hour ago, DarkMortyr said:

You could very well change title from LawBreakers to Battalion and it would still stay true in most cases. 

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/as-lawbreakers-struggles-continue-dev-working-on-n/1100-6457980/

It's weird that Lawbreakers has so many positive reviews, but the game has so few players. Did anyone else notice that Battalion's 24 hour peak has sunk below 300  players? I wonder how low the playercount will go. 

36 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

It's weird that Lawbreakers has so many positive reviews, but the game has so few players. Did anyone else notice that Battalion's 24 hour peak has sunk below 300  players? I wonder how low the playercount will go. 

Well we are two months away from the next big update. I would between now and then, number will drop to below 100 at peak. 

The game just isn't fit for playing right now. 

I think they should have concentrated on getting out modding tools. Then at least the game could be modded to something people like, with maps people want.

The game unfortunately seems to be a flop if the player base drops under 300 it does not even show on steam and it very rarely shows any players playing on the player count...... the devs did not listen to the majority of the player base and I don't think it will ever recover RIP

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, MagicalBubba said:

Well we are two months away from the next big update. I would between now and then, number will drop to below 100 at peak. 

The game just isn't fit for playing right now. 

Two months away from a big update for this game is such a long time. I have no idea why updates and patches are not pushed as and when needed as done by Studio Wildcard for ARK (which uses the same game engine as Battalion) Sometimes there were 4 or 5 updates a day but they did this as bugs and things were found and it kept the players happy and playing.

I still for the life of me don't understand how this game is played in tournaments/lans when it is broken.

7 hours ago, Sneak1961 said:

the devs did not listen to the majority of the player base and I don't think it will ever recover RIP

They have the funding now so why would they listen. Just another game developer making promises we all wanted to hear but the reality is just the same as always.

Even this "official forum" is dead.......

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Excel said:

Yeah have to agree, i don't get the point why they keep posting from "big events" and "tournaments...

Jesus Christ, there are 60ppl on those events, that 1/5 of the whole playerbase last week throughout the days...

That's nothing more than try to get a hype train going... i would really really love to get a refund, but since i'm a kickstarter backer, i'm screwed!

Did they even think why there is literally no one playing...

One good sign how good the game is, is in the tiwtch directory... below ~2k-1k viewers, you're pretty f'ed in the butt

12 hours ago, CrazyThunderbird said:

Yeah have to agree, i don't get the point why they keep posting from "big events" and "tournaments...

Jesus Christ, there are 60ppl on those events, that 1/5 of the whole playerbase last week throughout the days...

That's nothing more than try to get a hype train going... i would really really love to get a refund, but since i'm a kickstarter backer, i'm screwed!

Did they even think why there is literally no one playing...

One good sign how good the game is, is in the tiwtch directory... below ~2k-1k viewers, you're pretty f'ed in the butt

The developers seem to wake up, sort of. Joe Brammer apologized in a post on Reddit for neglecting the casual playerbase. The biggest problem for Bulkhead right now is that the next patch won't be released until July. Apparently this includes minor changes like buffing the Bar. I don't know if the playerbase are willing to wait that long. 

By the time they will release some meaningful content for casual scene, casual players will be playing new Battlefield and CoD.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, DarkMortyr said:

By the time they will release some meaningful content for casual scene, casual players will be playing new Battlefield and CoD.

And don't forget about Hell Let Loose and Post Scriptum. Both WW2 games. 

2 hours ago, Sl3ipner said:

My God, this is soo depressing reading...

Find this depressing? Then avoid Reddit. 

On 08/04/2018 at 10:41 PM, Excel said:

Two months away from a big update for this game is such a long time. I have no idea why updates and patches are not pushed as and when needed as done by Studio Wildcard for ARK (which uses the same game engine as Battalion) Sometimes there were 4 or 5 updates a day but they did this as bugs and things were found and it kept the players happy and playing.

I still for the life of me don't understand how this game is played in tournaments/lans when it is broken.

They have the funding now so why would they listen. Just another game developer making promises we all wanted to hear but the reality is just the same as always.

In all the years I've been playing these types of games I have never seen such an upset and disappointed player base and a game where the player base declined so quickly!

also a set of devs that have no real people skills or interest in what their players think about their game and do not even post on their own forums

the devs should be ashamed of themselves because all those poor guys who backed them on Kickstarter  don't even get the chance to give their input into the game because the devs simply do not reply to posts in this forum ...just redit if your lucky  ......that's if they are not in a tournament spending £10,000 on prize money to players competing on a broken game

Edited by Sneak1961
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

At this point if the devs are serious about this being their baby and actually spending resources working on updates for this game, i think the only way to recover is once you have fixed some of these mistakes you have to either pay a popular streamer to hype it up for like couple months straight, or host a gigantic tournament for a big big prize pool so that i can make the Esports news and get big orgs interested in which it kind of self generates its own hype at that point and creates interest, like 250K+, i think anything less wont do much for this game  and is a waste of resources.

Who knows if hosting something like that will bring all the players back, but i know i would play it and so would most of the people who are taking a break from this game with me would play it, the market doesnt really have anything to replace, we have a lot of BR clones coming out, out of all of them only 1 seems to be competitive(pubg) the rest are arcady joke of a game, so yeah, a nice game for Esports would be a breath of fresh air from the csgo/overwatch routine, but again, needs to have hype which in my eyes only money/prize pot can achieve at this point.

The game has time and again, if the devs are serious about this, they can make things happen, especially if they have anything saved in terms of for future things, they should dump it into one big event instead of sprinkle it. 

Just my 2 cents.

12 hours ago, shishx said:

I want this game to succeed so badly because I just love the whole WW2 FPS. Please Santa, make it work!

Only Santa can make that game succesfull

10 hours ago, dr_nikif0r0s said:

Only Santa can make that game succesfull

So far I've been a good boy so this game is far from dead. Case closed.

On 12-4-2018 at 7:50 AM, shishx said:

I want this game to succeed so badly because I just love the whole WW2 FPS. Please Santa, make it work!

I still hope this game will succeed, but more WW2 FPS are coming. Battlefield, Post Scriptum and Hell Let Loose. 

I have just read a  huge post on my clans website with regards to Battalion i then come here to Battalions official forums and nothing has been posted?

I have no idea where our clan member got the post from but i was very disappointed not to have seen it on here......

Don't know for you guys but what i'm looking for in Battalion is the good ol modded huge maps and stuff, from the OLD CoDs, until there's mods i'm not very interested.

33 minutes ago, Excel said:

I have just read a  huge post on my clans website with regards to Battalion i then come here to Battalions official forums and nothing has been posted?

I have no idea where our clan member got the post from but i was very disappointed not to have seen it on here......

You mean the Reddit post by Big_Tuna? I know the name 'official forum' might be misleading, but don't expect any news from the official team behind Battalion here. Sad but true. No wonder this forum is nearly abandoned. 

12 hours ago, MrShawnRogers said:

Games going fine for me, enjoying every moment of it!

Glad you like it, especially because you're a Kickstarter backer. Still easy to find games? 

I think battalion, they do not care, they won their money, and now they leave the players in the shit.

They did not advertise on google for example for their game

Personally I buy two games for two different pc, and I really regret it.

this game should finish like tf2, free!

Edited by B44Tracker.com
  • Upvote 1

Yup, beyond disappointing but what is worse is the way Bulkhead treat their customers but in reflection what was the fan base has now but all diminished.

Great Job!

I do share the disappointment about the game's current state and fully understand the frustration going with that. However, I do not agree that this is the end of Battalion, let alone Bulkhead may even have run off with our money and are gone for good all together. Seriously, get real and give them a break. I mean, we are talking about a small studio, taking their first chance on quite an ambitioned multiplayer title. I'm not saying we're obliged to swallow all the mistakes because of that, however, a troublesome development was to be expected, to begin with.

I stumbled across this youtube video, taped on EGX Rezzed April 15th this year, in which Bulkhead's lead coder is explaining what went wrong from a technical point of view, especially how limited they are on resources for proper internal testing. Basically, he is publicly admitting they fucked up and explaining how and why, but even more important, he presents what they already have done and are doing in order to prevent things from going that wrong again in the future:

Youtube: Battalion 1944: The Importance Of Testing From Day 1 - EGX Rezzed 2018

Sure, this video tells nothing about gameplay decisions and so on and it probably seems mostly irrelevant to a lot of people around here. However, to me, it serves quite well to demonstrate how Bulkhead is, in fact, a professional company pulling their shit together, still working hard building Battalion 1944. Why else would someone step out into the public and share his mistakes, rather than simply go low profile?

Personally, I've still got my hopes up and I'm genuinely curious what they will come up with in the Summer Update.

Edited by RLpacifist
  • Downvote 2

On 4/7/2018 at 1:32 PM, Grasshopper said:

The forum seems to be pretty dead by now, but Battalion isn't. I'm really curious what will happen upon full release. 

24-hour peak

:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Driving the game to the wall is an impressive Achievement. In my opinion, in doing so, vanity and not inability have played a major role. A good base would still be available. 

A couple of well-intentioned suggestions for improvement:

- The game should not be played like hardcore mode. The fun increases very strongly when more and more lasting duels arise. Shooting back and forth is more gripping than a quick kill.

- This ' hopping ' in all its forms is the main reason why the interested people reject the game. No one needs a round-the-corner-bouncing soldier that can't be hit or very hard. Likewise, no one needs this whole "strafe jumping" stuff to get to special positions. The basic idea should be followed that a duel always runs without any Advantages. Also for people who do not want to deal with everything you can climb. 

- This certainly includes a revised Hitbox

- Several windows and paths would make the whole thing a bit far more unpredictable and longer interesting.

Personally, I don't think the developers will listen to the right voices anymore. In spite of everything, I wanted to try to help again with these proposals. In short, if you change the game like COD1/2 You have the possibility to access a large player base which is still not operated by the market. We are talking about a cod 1/2 player base which has originally put great hopes into the game and has given a successful start. 

Changing the game like COD1/2 is the only way to save the project yet.

Edited by Don Camillo
  • Upvote 3