sNrklhaai

Games not yet dead guys.. Let's talk about it!

Game doesn't necessarily need new maps. Current maps need major overhauls and more in line concerning lay out as with older Cod games; cqc in center and longer range combat at map boundaries. Also more rooftops and simplified house interiors. More possibilities to jump from windows on roof edges and sorts to create more diversity rather than the straight forward maps they released now.

Current maps are simply not exciting. 

• Upvote 1

This topic is very active so i think i can ask here?

i5 8400

Gtx 1080 8GB 

8GB DDR4 RAM

Have 130-160 fps on 1920x1080 medium details 60hz monitor. What is the problem? Watching videos people playing on ultra and 2560x1440 still got better fps then me with same or similiar pc specifications.

36 minutes ago, jay said:

This topic is very active so i think i can ask here?

i5 8400

Gtx 1080 8GB 

8GB DDR4 RAM

Have 130-160 fps on 1920x1080 medium details 60hz monitor. What is the problem? Watching videos people playing on ultra and 2560x1440 still got better fps then me with same or similiar pc specifications.

How do you know by watching other people play that they've similar or same specs? I don't know what fps you should get with your specs, but I've seen other people complain about this issue. That they should get higher fps with their pc. So I think it's not your fault, but it has something to do with Battalion. 

3 hours ago, krieg0r said:

alright calm down. the movement is straight ass in that game and the hitreg comes with a hefty delay because they chose TCP over UDP.

as for cod vs battalion, if there is one thing cod does right its drawing casuals to the game and keeping them there and it does so thru numerous reward systems lke extensive ranks for levelling, achievements, rewards, unlocks, crispy hitmark sounds, bounce back skills, all that kinda stuff. battalion has none of this and it also barely has content so its no surprise all the people left. then ranked just placed everyone at the same rank from the getgo, not even a variance from silver 1 to silver 5, just striaght up silver 3 for everyone. people in ranked are toxic, skillgaps are huge. its really no surprise.

they had a chance to have a decent playerbase, but they busted it by going EA way too soon.

now I will say they probably have another shot when they push the marketing and release a whole bunch of new content, at least like 3-4 new maps and gamemodes and just stuff so it feels like there is something to do for people. they will probably call this full release or something. then they have another shot at gaining some traction and I might hold on till then, because the fps market isnt exactly saturated with great games.

again EA was their ONLY option other than scrapping the game and losing the business and the game (see my link above).. EA was not too soon.. the problem is people think EA is early access to a full complete and polished game and its not that... ea is just a paid for beta. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Lets be honest, other than those who paid a lot of money on the kickstarter, you've had value for money. So maybe the game is dead but you've all probably got your money's worth out of it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Anyone got the link to the 10000 words post of Brammertron which was shared on twitter?

I guess there is a lot of (new) information in that. Please share :) 

Thanks for that! I think there is some valuable information that a lot of us want to know.

I advice to read boys :)

Edited by sNrklhaai

2 hours ago, sNrklhaai said:

Thanks for that! I think there is some valuable information that a lot of us want to know.

I advice to read boys :)

It reads similar to. We know better, we're very experienced. We were going to give you the game you wanted but CoD WW2 came out, so we're making cod4 pro mod in WW2 instead.

30 minutes ago, MagicalBubba said:

It reads similar to. We know better, we're very experienced. We were going to give you the game you wanted but CoD WW2 came out, so we're making cod4 pro mod in WW2 instead.

yea well atleast it is some new information. I rather read this then those flaming twitter thoughts of him saying that players think the only thing that is working are loot boxes rofl ^^ 

But yes i agree it doesn't change the world. Basically this is for all you waiting for the game to change a lot the final confirmation that they will NOT change the game.

They are going to fix the bugs and will create a better matchsystem overall and new maps and other new things.. And everyone left because of the problems with the servers they are saying. Well my guess is they wouldn't have left if the gameplay was good and the servers we're buggy. Basically the majority doesn't come back because they don't like the game and it's perspective. If it was mostly servers than they probally we're back allready as i haven't had so much problems with it.

Dno if i read it right but they are thinking about closing the matchsystem down for some time. I'm scared the last 500 or maybe 800 will leave aswell.

• Upvote 2

Out of curiosity: who here still plays Battalion and why? And those who quit, why?

Yesterday I've decided to (temporarily) quit playing. Not because I've given up, but mostly because the game works shit after the small update. Fps keep dropping no matter how low I put them, opponents teleport and I constantly lag, while this didn't happen before and doesn't happen in other games. 

I am not playing anymore because out of 15 people in my clan that bought the game (of whom none is a casual gamer), nobody plays the game any more because they don't like it.

Edited by dfk_7677
typo
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

It's frustrating.... I thought that the netcode update will change something to positive... but it's the same or at least it feels like the same thing before the update.

The TTK is really bad. And the hitreg is a simply a nightmare. Little example: I just saw an enemy (<2m distance). I just shoot (I've heared my shoot) + I saw blood on his face. But I died anyway. I used a trench gun. How can it be that I just heared my own shoot and saw the blood on my enemys face but he didn't died?? I hit him from less than 2 meters inside a house and he still survived and shoot me. On the other side peoples with >200ms ping don't need to hit properly to hit someone. The hitboxes are lagging as hell. 

Bunny Hopping is still a smash to this game.  Instead to pick the enemy with good aim... most of the players just jumping around to avoid being hit.

I don't wonder why player numbers getting smaller and smaller.

I'm not a hater....I like the basic idea of this game.... but make the game a proper eSports title and not a game where bad TTK, movement, bunny hopping and hitreg is still the "normal thing".(I get killed in easy standard situations way too much where I could survive in other shooter games... this is really frustrating). I'm not a newbie to shooter games. I have 4k in CoD2 and 2k in CoD4 + ESL + I was top 40 competitive player in Insurgency. (Maybe Insurgency made me autistic in Battalion 1944 how knows? lmao)

Well... the core mechanics of this game need to be changed heavily or this game will lose it's last players.

Edited by Greenfox
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Grasshopper said:

Out of curiosity: who here still plays Battalion and why? And those who quit, why?

Yesterday I've decided to (temporarily) quit playing. Not because I've given up, but mostly because the game works shit after the small update. Fps keep dropping no matter how low I put them, opponents teleport and I constantly lag, while this didn't happen before and doesn't happen in other games. 

I haven't since the last "great and awesome" update. I just checked out if anything has changed, nothing did so I stopped playing altogether. Besides if I want a good WW2 CoD game I still have CoD WaW and people still play it so there's no reason to bother with this garbage.

• Upvote 1

im still playing.. mainly scrims though, ive never really liked arcade other than to warm up or practice a certain weapon for a bit.. so i play half hour or an hour of arcade then i scrim, i only play comp if a few friends are playing because the lack of gamesense of the people you end up matched up with in comp triggers me lol, other than the lighting of maps and some clipping problems i have absolutely no problem with the gameplay, i like the game and enjoy playing it

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

I quit playing when we got the huge disappointing update 8th March. Think i played twice (two maps last time was 17th March) since just to see if i felt any different about the game but no, just doesn't feel right.

Also turned off all my Battalion servers.

• Upvote 2

Stopped playing before update and not even tryed the new update

these reasons stop me from playing

jumping+ staffing huge distances over roads and such

shooting lazor guided rifles while jumping and no stumble when landing

the time stamp lag between been shot  and seeing a player

poor map layouts

I give the game a chance (41h mainly with friends but none of them play now)  all these reasons are game breakers for me and others , it just dont feel right

and not to mention the attitude of devs stinks a little

Edited by Sneak1961
  • Upvote 2

On 28/03/2018 at 11:50 AM, krieg0r said:

alright calm down. the movement is straight ass in that game and the hitreg comes with a hefty delay because they chose TCP over UDP.

as for cod vs battalion, if there is one thing cod does right its drawing casuals to the game and keeping them there and it does so thru numerous reward systems lke extensive ranks for levelling, achievements, rewards, unlocks, crispy hitmark sounds, bounce back skills, all that kinda stuff. battalion has none of this and it also barely has content so its no surprise all the people left. then ranked just placed everyone at the same rank from the getgo, not even a variance from silver 1 to silver 5, just striaght up silver 3 for everyone. people in ranked are toxic, skillgaps are huge. its really no surprise.

they had a chance to have a decent playerbase, but they busted it by going EA way too soon.

now I will say they probably have another shot when they push the marketing and release a whole bunch of new content, at least like 3-4 new maps and gamemodes and just stuff so it feels like there is something to do for people. they will probably call this full release or something. then they have another shot at gaining some traction and I might hold on till then, because the fps market isnt exactly saturated with great games.

you miss its fun to play. battalion i play because i want a oldskool fps shooter like cod 1 / uo sorta cod 2 but battalion isnt like them.its too rough people are toxic it isnt as fun. you know when you go into a interview for a job or xfactor what do you have to do ? its simple you have to give your best dazzle show what you have got. battalion is like someone who is a not bad singer but looks like a boz eyed kid. hes never going to win but he can sing the odd song . thats it in a nutshell.

ironsight is a better game just in beta. in every way. for free. how can a game like battalion which doesnt really know what it wants itself compete. it cant. doesnt matte how many lans or whatever. the only way this game works is one. someone else grab it do whats needed immediatly and get people playing. that simple.

before you say i dont know nothing i have played all the games. i have played to highest fps standard my friends make the games you rave about.manage the teams you watch in esports finals. this game wont succeed without serious change.

Edited by dgeesio
  • Upvote 3

On 30/03/2018 at 12:48 AM, dgeesio said:

you miss its fun to play. battalion i play because i want a oldskool fps shooter like cod 1 / uo sorta cod 2 but battalion isnt like them.its too rough people are toxic it isnt as fun. you know when you go into a interview for a job or xfactor what do you have to do ? its simple you have to give your best dazzle show what you have got. battalion is like someone who is a not bad singer but looks like a boz eyed kid. hes never going to win but he can sing the odd song . thats it in a nutshell.

ironsight is a better game just in beta. in every way. for free. how can a game like battalion which doesnt really know what it wants itself compete. it cant. doesnt matte how many lans or whatever. the only way this game works is one. someone else grab it do whats needed immediatly and get people playing. that simple.

before you say i dont know nothing i have played all the games. i have played to highest fps standard my friends make the games you rave about.manage the teams you watch in esports finals. this game wont succeed without serious change.

This is what the majority have been saying in so many ways but this game was never going to be the game that was promised, it was always going to be the devs game, the game that they wanted to play since promod very simple but sad and it will be so disapointing to see it go down after all the hype of cod that was promised in the early days

Edited by Sneak1961
  • Upvote 1

On 3/30/2018 at 1:10 AM, Sneak1961 said:

Stopped playing before update and not even tryed the new update

these reasons stop me from playing

jumping+ staffing huge distances over roads and such

shooting lazor guided rifles while jumping and no stumble when landing

the time stamp lag between been shot  and seeing a player

poor map layouts

I give the game a chance (41h mainly with friends but none of them play now)  all these reasons are game breakers for me and others , it just dont feel right

and not to mention the attitude of devs stinks a little

For 95% of players who has stop the game you are absolutely right but for that 5% include dev team you are wrong and the problem is that they have not advertise the game. All these problems are not really problems and there are correct core mechanics of this game. At the very end i expected social  guy start to write something in here for all these stuff and make conversation about problems, but maybe he is unproffesional too or can not to write any because everythings it is ok. 

Edited by dr_nikif0r0s

5 hours ago, dr_nikif0r0s said:

For 95% of players who has stop the game you are absolutely right but for that 5% include dev team you are wrong and the problem is that they have not advertise the game. All these problems are not really problems and there are correct core mechanics of this game. At the very end i expected social  guy start to write something in here for all these stuff and make conversation about problems, but maybe he is unproffesional too or can not to write any because everythings it is ok. 

From over 16000 players since the beginning of the EA....just ~220 in average still play this title. That's 1.4%. That makes a lose of 98.6% in general to the maximum player amount at the beginning.

Numbers and facts speak a different language.

Sad fact is.... not even 5% continue to play this game. We would need at least an average of 800 players per day to gain the 5%. Which is not the case.

Edited by Greenfox
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I have supported the game but it got me to the point when it becomes boring average player peak is 300  it takes to long to find casual match and ranked it can take for hours lol

i think that this game have beeen released to soon and i dont feel that owners are advertising it at all lol

this game is dead as it gets i dont see it coming alive ever . However i dont feel sorry couse i payed for it i was hyped nostalgic tried it didnt work as i supposed it would i doubt i will ever play it again. 

New maps are horrible  

snipe + jump is just op comes from experienced sniper

Edited by Kreator