Amigaman

Server crashes a host problem?

I am with Gameservers. Server is in the North-East USA. I have a 12 person server. We can't get 2 full games in a row once the server starts to get populated with over 8 to 10 people. Sever crashes. 
  Would like to hear about experiences from admins with other server hosts such as Multiplay and others. At least maybe we'll be able to tell if it's our provider or a game problem. Also if it's location dependant. 
  Please respond,  Thank you.

Yes I agree, when our server is close or full it will crash, almost a guarantee . we might almost get thru the map but most of the time not.

Patiently waiting for a fix but my patience is wearing, .I saw something about a March 8th update, hope it addresses the issues. I will wait until the update and see how things work before i decide what to do about my server, just paid 2nd months payment, might just cancel after month 2 ends if the stability issues are sorted, like everyone I work hard for my money and don't like wasting it.

Edited by Mojo

Thanks, A fix for this should be at the top of the fix list!

Server stability is key! and if we don't have it i cant see how things can work for ladders and competition, the server cannot crash during these type of things never mind just regular gameplay.  I love this game it has massive potential, but the crashing must stop.

I have high hopes for it also. I agree that "no crashes" has to be the number one priority. Easy to live with other issues for a while but I only have a 12 man server for now and it looks looks like 8 or 9 is the limit.

They seem to be responsive. Let's give them a chance to set this right.

Agreed, but I will not let it go several months of rentals with a server that crashes, this month is paid already so if it still crashes in April I will just cancel and Just come back when it is fixed, i would not be abandoning the game all together..I enjoy it too much.

Ah, the server crashes....

I started this game with the hopes of running a community and a server. Server crashed so often that 4-5 of the 22 people kept playing the game, after which I had to shut everything down. No fix was in sight. There was no mention of a fix for this in any news article. I kept playing the game for a while, but my decline of enhausiasm after closing down the community became increasingly apparent over time. 

The game is good and has great potential, so I hope to return full-time and rebuild everything one day. 

Not a host problem at all.Ive rented from a couple places now and they all have the same issue.Multiplay was worse than Gameservers and that's for sure.Both crashed with a  load on the server though and still do.It is a Linux server software issue that they need to fix as they made the dedicated software for the servers.Its on them 100% and im still renting and waiting for a fix but its getting old at this point.

Edited by Jibstah

I submitted a ticket with Gameservers and recieved a reply this morning it reads:

Greetings,

I do apologies for the long delay, as well as the inconvenience that this is causing,

We've received various reports regarding Battalion 1944 servers crashing.

Unfortunately, since this is an "early access" game, there are a number of bugs and memory leaks present that will need to be worked out over time, however we will need to wait for the game developers to release a further update.

As it stands, whenever a crash does occur, a dump is automatically generated and submitted back to them for analysis.

I wish we could get a solid answer from the devs about this, mainly when will they fix this problem?

I told to Gameservers about a memory leak fix that I was told about , Clearly they want no part of it. so the servers will continue to crash until this is resolved.

Edited by Mojo

It's harder and harder to get players. Everyone's jumping ship. Server crashes needs to be the priority. Worry about the other problems later.

Update:

After the fix update yesterday it seems to have remedied the server crashes. only 1 has been experienced so far, with the server full and stays running which is awesome!!!

but........

With the server now running and not crashing we have found a serious issue as far as gameplay and players with 200+ pings, my clan was in the server playing fine all with pings under 50ish, then the high ping players start to connect and it turns to a shit show pretty quick, can't land kill shots getting killed behind cover ect. after spectating several high ping players i have seen there lag on my end it shows then as stuttering or lagging out, then I switch to a normal ping player and see smooth game play, switch back to high ping player he is laggy and all over the place. 

We need the ability to limit high ping players on our servers like the old COD2 days         set_sv_maxPing"125" //max ping limit

Edited by Mojo
  • Upvote 1

Our server crashed with 12 players after one round with full server.  Tried again this morning and crashed with 11.  Our clan members still experience crashes trying to get in game. I hope they have another fix for this soon. Wouldn't you think the server crashes would be the number one priority? Players keep leaving the game due to server crashes. Please fix this FIRST!! Thank you!!

Edited by Amigaman

Yesterday I re-installed my server and updated it. It ran with 12 players and changed maps properly. Only had a short time to monitor it, will try again tonight.

On 3/14/2018 at 10:34 AM, Amigaman said:

Yesterday I re-installed my server and updated it. It ran with 12 players and changed maps properly. Only had a short time to monitor it, will try again tonight.

I just got back from being way for a week. Server "loses connection to host" whenever it starts filling up. Hard to get more than one map to run without problem. Does anyone else have a server that's still having a problem, or is it just me?

Played for 1 1/2 hours last night on our server and we had "lost connection to host" again. I had my hopes up but am very disappointed. Anyone else having problems with their servers? If so, what host are you getting them through. 

I cancelled the server rental, if a server is not stable i will not pay.I hope they fix it, I like this game and will rent another server the future if the issues are fixed.

Amigaman, I saw you guys on last night and tried to join at least 5 different times, and each time got the "lost connection to host" message.  Last night was the first time that had happened to me while trying to get on your server.