Hawstin

Constant crashes steam denied refund

Steam shows I have 7 hours logged onto the game.  99% of that time was spent in menus, attempting to load a match, or crashing and having to reboot.

i7 4770k

8GB DDR5 Ram

Ge Force 970x

250GB SSD

ASUS Gryphon Mobo

I only have issues with this game.  I understand its EA and I know changes will be made in the future.  However at this point I would really like to be able to see a refund come through, as I have not been able to enjoy any aspect of the game.  I purchased this game when it went on sale from $24 down to $21 or so I believe.  Thanks in advance.

I am from NY.  This was back when I got the game.  I have not tried or wanted to play it since.  I simply want a refund, which it seems I won't get.  I have asked politely numerous times.

So I take it nothing can or will be done about this?  I have been kindly asking for at the very least, an answer to this for a few weeks now.

I see the devs respond to all sorts of posts on reddit, twitter etc.. but when it comes to ones like these... they just get passed over.  Very unfortunate.

• Upvote 1

On 2/23/2018 at 2:30 PM, Hawstin said:

Steam shows I have 7 hours logged onto the game.  99% of that time was spent in menus, attempting to load a match, or crashing and having to reboot.

i7 4770k

8GB DDR5 Ram

Ge Force 970x

250GB SSD

ASUS Gryphon Mobo

I only have issues with this game.  I understand its EA and I know changes will be made in the future.  However at this point I would really like to be able to see a refund come through, as I have not been able to enjoy any aspect of the game.  I purchased this game when it went on sale from $24 down to $21 or so I believe.  Thanks in advance.

DDR5 Ram? where you got that from? 

• Downvote 1

On 4/8/2018 at 6:20 PM, reached -100 downvotes :D said:

problem is your end lol... ive crashed twice in 6 weeks and ive probably got well over 100 hours in that time, so theres no way you cant play because of crashes if there isnt something wrong on your end

Isn't that why I posted on the technical help section?  To get help?  For it to be on my end.. sure, it's possible.  But I can play Fortnite, PubG, OverWatch and any other game I want on high or ultra settings and even stream while doing it.  Must be me.  So what can I do to fix it?

16 minutes ago, Hawstin said:

Isn't that why I posted on the technical help section?  To get help?  For it to be on my end.. sure, it's possible.  But I can play Fortnite, PubG, OverWatch and any other game I want on high or ultra settings and even stream while doing it.  Must be me.  So what can I do to fix it?

tbf no your first post was wanting a refund lol so you didnt really post to get help..... what is it doing when you open the game are you getting an error or is it just locking up?

• Downvote 1

What's your exact issue? Any error messages for us to work from?

Not being able to get into games may be to do with the time you're searching as you're based in NA. I'd suggest searching at peak times?

Last time I attempted to play, around the time of the original post, my game would crash to desktop or when I tried to find a game, it would instantly boot me back to the menu screen.  This was back on Feb 23.   I have not attempted to play since then, as I had heard nothing and wasn't able to get a fix for me.  I attempted to get the refund through steam but however the 6 hours of game play they showed declined me from getting that.

One of our clan members was having an awful time getting in our server. Lots of crashes. He re-installed his operating system and now he's the first one in. Literally seconds from the time he enters the connect command till he's in. 

The servers crashing is another thing altogether. 

• Upvote 1

I work from home so reinstalling windows just for this would be out of the question for me.  I can't afford the down time.  Seems I will let this game just sit in the steam section of "let's forget this purchase ever happened"