Sign in to follow this  
slogga

Matchmaking is broken

Matchmaking is deadset broken right now.  There are 6 of us sitting in Teamspeak, all queuing in separately unranked.  Half of us are in a server with 4 open slots, the other three just sit in an endless loop of allocating server, searching, allocating server, searching.  

Then a 7th person joins Teamspeak,queues for unranked, gets in straight away, and still three of us sit in the loop while there is still 3 open slots. 

I don't know what's going on, but you need to fix it before this game dies in Australia before it even gets off the ground.  A reply to all of these threads would be nice for a start.  I've been waiting patiently for fixes or acknowledgement of this issue since release.  People in our community have stopped playing because of the queue times.

This, or it splits the already tiny population across 3 servers which neither are full. Not really sure if this is the same elsewhere, or if it is even acknowledged by devs. Either way the only way this game is being played in Australia atm is scrims and pugs, both of which are being played by a group of about 4-5 teams.

I don't know what the problem is for unranked, but my friend and I have experienced the same exact issue, just getting endless "searching....allocating server....searching....allocating server". I don't have a theory for why this is happening.

We have our ranks for the competitive matchmaking, but we can't get a game outside of Europe (We're NA East). It will sit on searching literally all night. We were searching for 45 minutes the other night before we gave up. We played a few games with Euros and had ~100 ping the whole time. We still have 2 placement matches left to go. My theory has been that everyone already completed their placement matches and the matching system is segregating us from those who already have a matchmaking rank, so as the few players playing B44 in NA all got their ranks, the pool of players still completing their placement matches has become smaller and smaller to the point where we have literally nobody or not enough people to play with. Combined with the fact that other players can't reach rank 10 because you get no XP from public servers and the unranked matching system appears to be horribly broken, even players in NA who WOULD play placement matches can't because they can't even get to rank 10.

I'll find out tonight when we (hopefully) complete our placement matches on the European server. I'd suggest trying to use the matching system for EU if you can bear the ping to get to rank 10. This might be a completely incorrect theory, I have no solid proof of what's happening here so this is my best guess for what's gone wrong. I'd say a developer could come in and enlighten us but they haven't been very communicative on these issues over the past week or so.

I'd also like to mention I was playing a 2v4 while we had 3 people in teamspeak waiting in queue, all solo queued