Sign in to follow this  
SirMiles

I want my money back!

hey everyone,

as Brammertron did it on twitter so i:

i want my fakin money back. Everytime were playing as 5 against 3 players or somethin like that. 9 out of 10 kills are jumpshots.

Just give me my fukin money back @Brammertron so i can burn it or wipe up my ass with it, looks like a better investement than giving it to you guys.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 26

Please do not be that guy. Those issues will probably be addressed in the next couple of updates. As a developer myself, I know the struggles with people who think those kind of things get fixed with a blink of an eye, but unfortunately they do not. 

The developers are working hard and they are not a big team, so they are actually doing a good job in dealing with bugs far now. So just chill and don't play at all until you see your problems have been fixed, which I assure you, will happen quite soon. Do not refund it, but rather write a thread with what bothers you in-game, why and how to improve it from your POV. That is what EA stands for and that way your issues will be seen, addressed and you will be of use to the community. That is way better than pissing on all the effort invested into bringing this game to life.

P.S. Read what Early Access means next time you're buying an Early Access game

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 5

this isnt about bugs. Bugs are just a normal thing and even its annoying to wait for the to get fix, this is nothing to flame about, its the same thing with balance. There are just so many desing-fails, i dont know who the fuck brammer is, but he was playing cod4-promod i bet he was one of the guys that got caught from an infernal shitstorm everytime. This game forces you to play in way,  that 99% of players dont want to fight against and dont want to fight with. They shouldnt named it "cod2/4 oldschool back to the roots shooter", they just had to name it "kinda modern cod + quake + ut + ugly cod2 look- Game" - hell yeah even the modern cod's are more interesting than this :'(

my biggest fail at buying a EA-Game..... ive bought 37 EA-Games already and by far, this is the worst shooter ive played in terms of design and decision fails from the devs.

A slow process on a buggy and unbalanced game has nothing to do with this game, there are a lot of EA-Games that are over 3 years in EA and still got the same bugs etc. but people like the way it plays and looks and feels. This game just feels bad in so many ways, Reddit, the forum etc. are full of frustrated gamers. Maybe ill try it again in 1-2 years, but for now me and my friends just got our refunds, we were 11 guys and we all experienced the same frustrating shit :/

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 9

After having a taste of bulkead's work for 2 weeks now I guess, I agree with you.
I wouldn't buy the game ATM, i rushed the purchase because I was hoping it's gonna be the next esport as they marketed it.

I don't regret buying the game cause 15€ is really not a big amount of money, but wouldn't buy the game again, atleast not in it's current state. I get it "EA" and stuff, so I was counting with bugs and errors, but it's too much the game is broken on several levels and the decision making of the devs is HORRIBLE, and I mean it. Seriously a 15yo kid without any FPS experience would make better decisions as far as gameplay is conserned..
Last night I watched the head dev(Joe whatever his name is) streaming, well... now I fully understand how this game went on side tracks.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, adze said:

After having a taste of bulkead's work for 2 weeks now I guess, I agree with you.
I wouldn't buy the game ATM, i rushed the purchase because I was hoping it's gonna be the next esport as they marketed it.

I don't regret buying the game cause 15€ is really not a big amount of money, but wouldn't buy the game again, atleast not in it's current state. I get it "EA" and stuff, so I was counting with bugs and errors, but it's too much the game is broken on several levels and the decision making of the devs is HORRIBLE, and I mean it. Seriously a 15yo kid without any FPS experience would make better decisions as far as gameplay is conserned..
Last night I watched the head dev(Joe whatever his name is) streaming, well... now I fully understand how this game went on side tracks.

i too watched that stream with a friend and we could not believe what we saw lol if this is a sample of the devs well i am scared for this game .............

• Upvote 3

On 2/21/2018 at 1:19 AM, SirMiles said:

this isnt about bugs. Bugs are just a normal thing and even its annoying to wait for the to get fix, this is nothing to flame about, its the same thing with balance. There are just so many desing-fails, i dont know who the fuck brammer is, but he was playing cod4-promod i bet he was one of the guys that got caught from an infernal shitstorm everytime. This game forces you to play in way,  that 99% of players dont want to fight against and dont want to fight with. They shouldnt named it "cod2/4 oldschool back to the roots shooter", they just had to name it "kinda modern cod + quake + ut + ugly cod2 look- Game" - hell yeah even the modern cod's are more interesting than this :'(

my biggest fail at buying a EA-Game..... ive bought 37 EA-Games already and by far, this is the worst shooter ive played in terms of design and decision fails from the devs.

A slow process on a buggy and unbalanced game has nothing to do with this game, there are a lot of EA-Games that are over 3 years in EA and still got the same bugs etc. but people like the way it plays and looks and feels. This game just feels bad in so many ways, Reddit, the forum etc. are full of frustrated gamers. Maybe ill try it again in 1-2 years, but for now me and my friends just got our refunds, we were 11 guys and we all experienced the same frustrating shit :/

If you think the modern Call of Duty games are more interesting than B1944, then perhaps you made the mistake of purchasing an early access game that simply isn't for you and your friends. The game clearly isn't just like CoD/CoD2/CoD4 Promod, which I'm sure is annoying to some players but it doesn't have to be. If you had played any of those games, the game does infact feel like the closest thing to them in many long years. So I personally, don't see the problem. Do the jump shots get annoying sometimes? Yeah. But you know what's satisfying? Fragging them or pulling a successful jumpshot yourself. It's the nature of the game and if you want to argue further with the example that the old Call of Duty games didn't have this. Go hop on Call of Duty 2 right now. It's there. It probably wasn't in competitive play, but it was there in the game and still is. To me, this is a game that emulates how games use to be. Just as Quake Champions does to a certain degree. Being able to get kills and gain skill feels extremely satisfying. But if that's not for you, it's not for you. Going onto discussion boards complaining how you don't like it doesn't solve that. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

12 minutes ago, Zomboid said:

If you think the modern Call of Duty games are more interesting than B1944, then perhaps you made the mistake of purchasing an early access game that simply isn't for you and your friends. The game clearly isn't just like CoD/CoD2/CoD4 Promod, which I'm sure is annoying to some players but it doesn't have to be. If you had played any of those games, the game does infact feel like the closest thing to them in many long years. So I personally, don't see the problem. Do the jump shots get annoying sometimes? Yeah. But you know what's satisfying? Fragging them or pulling a successful jumpshot yourself. It's the nature of the game and if you want to argue further with the example that the old Call of Duty games didn't have this. Go hop on Call of Duty 2 right now. It's there. It probably wasn't in competitive play, but it was there in the game and still is. To me, this is a game that emulates how games use to be. Just as Quake Champions does to a certain degree. Being able to get kills and gain skill feels extremely satisfying. But if that's not for you, it's not for you. Going onto discussion boards complaining how you don't like it doesn't solve that. 

you could no shoot while jumping in cod2 you could not jump the width of the road and as high as your head you could only run with a pistol, .........bla bla bla

this game was advertised as a cod2 remake and its not its a pro-mod ..so why do you think there is so much complaints ?

https://eu.cybergamer.com/forums/thread/586711/Battalion-1944-producer-the-COD2-community/

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Sneak1961 said:

you could no shoot while jumping in cod2 you could not jump the width of the road and as high as your head you could only run with a pistol, .........bla bla bla

this game was advertised as a cod2 remake and its not its a pro-mod ..so why do you think there is so much complaints ?

https://eu.cybergamer.com/forums/thread/586711/Battalion-1944-producer-the-COD2-community/

Uh. You could and can shoot while jumping in CoD2. Go on and launch CoD2 right now. However, I agree the the height and distance jumping in B1944 does need some work. But a lot of people aren't complaining that it needs work. They're shitting on the tactic in a whole. That's the difference. And so what if the guy started out saying a "complete remake of CoD2" project. Things change. I'll go back to my last opinion. It still feels closer than anything else in years.

• Downvote 3

On 22/02/2018 at 10:57 PM, adze said:

Let's all laugh at playercount instead

24-hour peak

:DDDDDDDD

RIP

That many  ?
I`m not even going to attempt playing until it is sorted ...........if it ever does !

14 minutes ago, Gis said:

That many  ?
I`m not even going to attempt playing until it is sorted ...........if it ever does !

Na, they lost more since :DD

24-hour peak

@[DEV] BRAMMERTRON

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

I've asked for a refund and Brammertron told me to go through steam. Steam doesn't do refunds for this game if you got it through a code. I've asked him about this back on March 6th after steam denied my refund and he has ignored me. So that is very professional of him. I've messaged kickstarter to see what i can do to get the refund. No one wants to back another cod, which is what this game is. Just a "halo-jumping" and "dropshotting" mess, plus all the bugs, it isn't worth playing.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, black_sarge said:

I've asked for a refund and Brammertron told me to go through steam. Steam doesn't do refunds for this game if you got it through a code. I've asked him about this back on March 6th after steam denied my refund and he has ignored me. So that is very professional of him. I've messaged kickstarter to see what i can do to get the refund. No one wants to back another cod, which is what this game is. Just a "halo-jumping" and "dropshotting" mess, plus all the bugs, it isn't worth playing.

So acording to ur logic you would go to the shop and buy some food. A month later you will come to the shop again and tell them that you want refund, cause you didn't eat it all?

• Downvote 2

If you subscribed to the Kickstarter, you won't get money back.  That is the gamble of being a Kickstarter backer.  You might get a product, you might not, it might be what you hoped for, it might not.

Unfortunately for me, my first foray into the world of Kickstarter crowdfunding, was both for Battalion and also Days of War.  It's taught me a harsh lesson of not to part with my cash, so easily especially as via Kickstarter I've paid out so much more for this game, than it will ever be sold for via Steam :(

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Kannon Fodda said:

If you subscribed to the Kickstarter, you won't get money back.  That is the gamble of being a Kickstarter backer.  You might get a product, you might not, it might be what you hoped for, it might not.

Unfortunately for me, my first foray into the world of Kickstarter crowdfunding, was both for Battalion and also Days of War.  It's taught me a harsh lesson of not to part with my cash, so easily especially as via Kickstarter I've paid out so much more for this game, than it will ever be sold for via Steam :(

Yeah, same here but didn't backed DoW, but anyways, i have totally to agree!

I'm pretty pissed seeing this game dying so fast (guys don't try to correct me, it's me sight on it)

I'll spent a pretty good amount of money, well i did't even have over 50h in this game AND more sadly, i don't have any plans of starting it in the near future...

It looked so more promising in the videos and it's just Bunny/strafejump quickscope one-click simulator

There are NO REAL fights like back in moh:aa or early cod days, it's just not there! First to shot, first to kill... simple as that

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

31 minutes ago, Kannon Fodda said:

Can't blame you for backing those games. Both looked very promising. One still has potential. 

1 hour ago, CrazyThunderbird said:

Yeah, same here but didn't backed DoW, but anyways, i have totally to agree!

I'm pretty pissed seeing this game dying so fast (guys don't try to correct me, it's me sight on it)

I'll spent a pretty good amount of money, well i did't even have over 50h in this game AND more sadly, i don't have any plans of starting it in the near future...

It looked so more promising in the videos and it's just Bunny/strafejump quickscope one-click simulator

There are NO REAL fights like back in moh:aa or early cod days, it's just not there! First to shot, first to kill... simple as that

did you play mohaa at any kind of level? it was self spec then clip then and 1 tap in the head lol there was never really a battle lol and its virtually the same as cod4 its played in the same style

5 hours ago, black_sarge said:

noone wants to back another cod? it was always gunna be another cod...

• Downvote 1

8 hours ago, johnoboro said:

did you play mohaa at any kind of level? it was self spec then clip then and 1 tap in the head lol there was never really a battle lol and its virtually the same as cod4 its played in the same style

Self-speccing was really bad at the end, in the early days there were pretty good battles!

Was ~top 15 2on2 Clanbase real OBJ, so yeah i know how to shoot!

You didnt really get jumpshotted 9 out of 10 times though did you. Probably more like 3 or 4 times in a match. Why not put a constructive post forward, its early access which means the devs want our help rather than throwing your toys out the pram like a little baby 

• Upvote 1

On 26/03/2018 at 8:18 PM, Smut28 said:

Why not put a constructive post forward, its early access which means the devs want our help rather than throwing your toys out the pram like a little baby 

The fact that it’s early access only means that they get some extra cash to develop the game as THEY want to. It has been proved several times that the game mechanics that most people dislike are here to stay and they couldn’t care less about people’s sugestions. HE has a vision for a game and he created it. It’s fair but if it means that he’s going to play alone then it’s not a good game. 

I wonder what is going into Square Enix’s mind right now.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2