sh0tyz

sh0tyz's Feedback (as of 2/18/2018)

[GUN-PLAY]

• Pathfinder

• Needs a direct damage nerf. The fire rate and hip-fire accuracy will still keep this gun very relevant and powerful close range. But the way it is right now, you have almost no time to react when fighting an SMG close range…. Even against an operator

• Operator

• This class is EXTREMELY clunky. The screenshake is very laggy and can sometimes teleport the player. I suggest removing the screen shake altogether.

• Slow down fire rate. The fire rate increase was a step in the right direction but I feel it was a bit much as it is just too strong

• Increase the spread. This will reduce the long range “rifle-like” kills and make it a more consistent kill closer range. Shotguns are supposed to destroy close range, and at this current moment, it feels more or less like a hit or miss gamble close range.

• Rifleman / Marksman

• I might suggest possibly adding a bit more aim punch to help keep these classes in check. I know a lot of people don’t like aim punch, but it’s needed so that way these classes aren’t crazy strong when getting tagged still. COD2 best implemented this aimpunch.

• All weapons

• I’m not sure if double switching was purposely left out (to prevent cod4 wait bind abusers) or not, but it feels so clunky when swapping weapons. If this was indeed done to prevent that, might I suggest mimicking COD2’s weapon switching. The faster switching will help keep the gameplay faster and less clunky. At the same time, if the double switch was implemented (double switch when pulling out a weapon to cancel the weapon equipping animation and immediately do an action out if it), it would also keep the speed of the game faster.

[LEAN]

• Leaning feels useless in a higher level play environment. Leaning gets you killed more than give you advantages currently. You just show way too much of your body in 3P in comparison to 1P.

• Because of this, this encourages people to just spam their jump key. I feel like if leaning or slow peeking a corner was a viable option, there would be less people jumpings corners.

• Another perspective, as someone who’s leaning a corner; since you show a lot of your body / hitboxes, someone who jumps the corner on you has the advantage because it’s easier to hit someone leaning. Leaning (in my eyes) should be the most optimal way of peeking / holding angles, because that means your positioning is better. Jumping should be used as a curveball peek to throw someone off. Again, in my eyes, COD2 implemented leaning the best (in my eyes), maybe a slight bit more.

• This will indeed slow the game down some, and reward players who are leaning and positioned better. It will also help punish players who jump out a lot because it’ll be harder to hit someone leaning an angle correctly. Rifles and Snipers will benefit from this, but mix this in with the increased aimpunch will help keep them in check.

[MOVEMENT]

• Jumping

• There needs to be a more harsh landing lag. The more I scrim teams and play, the more I realize the most efficient way to cover a part of the map or take part of the map is mashing your jump key on every corner.

• I suggest adding landing lag if you fire a shot while mid-air. This will help keep some fluidity in movement (early round sprinting), but make it much more risky when jumping a corner and shooting.

• I feel like jump height is crazy high right now. I understand that this might not be good to reduce based on fluidity of maps. I would suggest decreasing the height of regular jumps, and keeping crouch jumping the same height. This will add an extra skill layer in movement that the average joe gamer cannot do consistently well without good movement practices

• Strafing

• I feel like strafing is way too easy. Strafe jumping is supposed to be somewhat skillful when doing. I’m not sure how, but I feel like making the “inputs” for strafing more strict to do a strafe jump. Again, this will increase the skill ceiling in terms of movement, which is a large part of the gameplay in Battalion.

• Speed

• I feel like the movement speed is in a good spot right now. My suggestion would to be to slightly increase walk speed with pistol out. This will help bait rifle shots by “jiggle peeking” with pistol.

[GAMEPLAY]

• Health Regen

• I feel like it is WAY too slow right now. Doesn’t fit the speed of the game. I saw spectator and see that regen jumps to the closest 5th factor, then regens 5 every regen instance, maybe bumping this up to 8 would help speed up the game a bit.

• Kill-feed

• Please give us an option to remove the “white” from kill-feed. I’d much rather see Red / Blue as I can glance down and see which direction the flurry of kills are going. Also, the white name kill-feed is really buggy as even assists make it colored weird.

I am posting this as a player who has been here since 0.1 alpha. Since being able to actually scrim the game at a high level, these issues were glaring. This post is meant to be from a Competitive player's standpoint and focuses heavily on ingame mechanics and gunplay. I truly hope the devs read this and takes this feedback into account. The game's playerbase is slowly dwindling, even the hardcore people who were waiting for this game to scrim has been dying off.

Some of these gameplay fixes will help keep the Competitive players in, the matchmaking server fixes will help bring in newer players. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 27
  • Downvote 1

Everything that you have listed here is exactly the same as what I was thinking that needs to be changed.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Ralfy said:

Leaning is key in high skilled matches, its rly strong

Leaning should be key in high skilled matches, but currently it gets you killed more than benefits you.

• Upvote 2

100% agree with everything you wrote apart from landing lag, as much as i agree it would be a benefit i can't bring my self to support something i know i will rage at after getting booked in mud. 

1 hour ago, naes said:

100% agree with everything you wrote apart from landing lag, as much as i agree it would be a benefit i can't bring my self to support something i know i will rage at after getting booked in mud. 

well in literally every iteration of COD, there has been landing lag. Check cod4 and cod2, all have landing lag after a jump (unless you take damage). Which is why in COD4, there was such thing as "boosting"

Agree on most points. Also would like to see more heavy one taps. BAR and STG both have too much horizontal recoil and too much spread. Horizontal recoil like they have on the guns now imo have no place in a competitive shooter with a high skill cap. Add more vertical recoil both guns. 

1taps and more headshots would come with making the heavies more accurate as they should be, making lean stronger, fixing headshot hitbox (still feels off), and nerfing corner jumping slightly. I know this will never be as prevalent as it was in CoD1 or CoD2 because of sprint, the jumping, and the slightly faster gameplay as a result--in CoD4 you saw a lot more chest shots and less headshots because of this, and it is similar in this game, but I think there are things that could be done to drift it back a bit towards the CoD1/2 style where well placed heavy headshots were skillful and meaningful. 

Also, they need to make toggle ADS not cancel when you prone and strafe, shits annoying as all fuck. You can do the same movement in hold ADS and not have it cancel ADS. 

Edited by d1spatch
  • Upvote 2

Very nice Feedback, I agree with everything! You should post on reddit, too. For some reason the devs seem to be more active there.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sh0tyz said:

yea I play heavy a lot right now and headshots are harder to hit, they're tiny 

Yea, its important from a gameplay standpoint, and also from a spectators standpoint and turning this into an eSport--you want to see those money headshot flicks and one taps. People don't want to watch people getting shot in the chest jumping around corners 24/7. Right now, from a spectator standpoint, in my opinion at least, the shots people hit in CoD1 and 2 were more entertaining, and part of that is because the game enabled those shots to happen. Not to say that people don't hit them in this game, they just seem less prevalent than they should. 

Addressing things like you mention with lean and SMG ttk will also enable more of these shots to happen.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, waxzR said:

You should post on reddit, too. For some reason the devs seem to be more active there.

probably because of more activity / larger audience on reddit compared to these forums. that's my guess

4 hours ago, waxzR said:

Very nice Feedback, I agree with everything! You should post on reddit, too. For some reason the devs seem to be more active there.

I don't have a reddit account :(

if someone could be so kind as to make a topic and direct to this forum, that'd be nice :D

2 minutes ago, dfk_7677 said:

Done.

Appreciate it dude, hopefully it gets checked. A lot of these would help the in-game experience tenfold.

I remember you on the alpha discord ye :) you nailed the way i also feel about the game.. I also think allot of people feel this way. Some friends of me stopped playing or are going to stop in the near future because of some of these points.. i really do like the game, but changing this would really make me love the game :)

Also maybe increase bomb timer to 55-60 seconds, to make clutches/retakes possible

• Upvote 1

mp40 is fine, thompson needs a nerf, bar still could use a buff seems very weak, shotgun should be removed, weapon is just broken, it either 1 hits u from anywere on the map or u tag ppl, holding down certain objectives with a shotgun on certain maps is far too easy. Kar98 is just too good while moving, it needs to be slowed down, slow its movement or something.

I also dont get why SMG players are at the same movement speed as heavy and snipers, i swear i cant out run my teammates in spwn while sprinting because there is no movement speed difference.

48 minutes ago, craven. said:

Same damage. 

It's not just damage that makes a gun fine or OP. The mp40 has way more visual kick where the thompson has incredibly limited recoil and fires like a laser beam. 

The Thompson right is the strongest gun in the game. 

• Like 1

What I meant was that MP40 needs a nerf too. Thompson with that 20 bullets magazine needs to be more accurate, I'm fine with that. You'll see how game will change when SMGs won't kill with two torso hits at low/medium distance. I'll finally find some peace :S

Edited by craven.
  • Upvote 1

I could actually see MP40 staying the same, as the recoil animation makes it hard to just hold mouse 1 and win. But the hipfiring is why I say give it a slight damage nerf because hipfire is super accurate (which is fine, they're SMGs after all)

2 hours ago, HypeRNT said:

I also dont get why SMG players are at the same movement speed as heavy and snipers, i swear i cant out run my teammates in spwn while sprinting because there is no movement speed difference.

are they? haven’t tested but probably true, one of the reasons why running around with an SMG lacks the “feel-good” factor. Imo their movement speed should naturally be faster than Heavy, Rifle or Default. As that should be one of SMG’s strenghts, alongside ROF, ADS time and movement speed, and their TTK in CQB. Perhaps once their 2hit kill range & medium range damage are nerfed their movement speed could do with a tiny buff to make them unique in terms of movement compared to other classes if really necessary. Kinda like in cod4, when you picked up an SMG, you could immediately feel you are faster than the AK (Assault) which was a key factor that playing that class was so fun.