dfk_7677

The 'strafejumpshooting' poll!

Please choose the option that seems best to you.  

118 members have voted

1. 1. What should be done about firing when non vertically jumping?

• Roll back the reduction of accuracy when ADS of the Early Access, making the weapons as accurate as they are when not jumping (Buff).
    • Leave it as it is now.
    • Decrease the accuracy even more (Nerf).
    • Prevent ADS (Huge Nerf).
    • Prevent firing (Completely remove).

12 hours ago, sNrklhaai said:

Jumping imo should have an disadvantage. One way it should be nice to kill someone with a jump, but actually unscoped is even more skillful.

That's what I liked about CoD One the most! It was more demanding. In any terms. 

You can strafe with ADS and have 100% accuracy, that's the problem. No such thing in COD4 or COD2 (with one exception, reload shots).

Edited by craven.
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, craven. said:

You can strafe with ADS and have 100% accuracy, that's the problem. No such thing in COD4 or COD2 (with one exception, reload shots).

exactly

70% of the people voting...... most decent players aint on the forums crying because they aint good enough to compete with good players... once more people are playing and ranks spread out more people can play against their level of players and will be happier

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

11 minutes ago, johnoboro said:

70% of the people voting...... most decent players aint on the forums crying because they aint good enough to compete with good players... once more people are playing and ranks spread out more people can play against their level of players and will be happier

Agree, a poll like this is of course not statistically corrective or necessarily representative, but shows that it is an important issue about this game. B44 will surely survive whatsoever, the question is only to what extent. Will it be successful as an online game for the masses or only for those who want to compete.
I can not figure it out, only time will show.

16 minutes ago, SirBob said:

Agree, a poll like this is of course not statistically corrective or necessarily representative, but shows that it is an important issue about this game. B44 will surely survive whatsoever, the question is only to what extent. Will it be successful as an online game for the masses or only for those who want to compete.
I can not figure it out, only time will show.

imo once it gets a big player base and the ranks are well spread out the likes of jumping round corners and not having a chance will be drastically lower. the problem now which i understand is not very good players who are slow and dont have a good reading of what the oponent will likely do dont have a chance if good players hear them or see them when peaking then strafe roubd the corner. but lower skilled players wont be good enough to do that much

• Downvote 2

1 minute ago, johnoboro said:

imo once it gets a big player base and the ranks are well spread out the likes of jumping round corners and not having a chance will be drastically lower. the problem now which i understand is not very good players who are slow and dont have a good reading of what the oponent will likely do dont have a chance if good players hear them or see them when peaking then strafe roubd the corner. but lower skilled players wont be good enough to do that much

That is absolut true, but then you have player's like me who actually have played this kind of game for thousands of hours and find it less fun to play again.

Not because it hard, but it just don't seems right anymore.

I do like it, but probably more from a nostalgic point of view and because I am a big fan of WW2,  why i also play cod www2.

i wont touch anymore cods after cod4 they turned to shit, now especially with the jumping of advanced warfare and sliding about n stuff, thats why i was over the moon when i found out about this and honestly it does tick all the boxes for me but we all have different likes and dislikes with games so it will be hard to please everyone.

• Downvote 2

6 minutes ago, johnoboro said:

i wont touch anymore cods after cod4 they turned to shit, now especially with the jumping of advanced warfare and sliding about n stuff, thats why i was over the moon when i found out about this and honestly it does tick all the boxes for me but we all have different likes and dislikes with games so it will be hard to please everyone.

It is.

B44 is made for competition and E sport, so they must continue in this direction and not water it down for the masses or someone like me, but a solution could be to make an "arcade_2" with a more normal gameplay, maybe like cod1 or UO. Cod4 was build on vanilla and the pro's got promod, so it's not impossible.

1 hour ago, SirBob said:

It is.

B44 is made for competition and E sport, so they must continue in this direction and not water it down for the masses or someone like me, but a solution could be to make an "arcade_2" with a more normal gameplay, maybe like cod1 or UO. Cod4 was build on vanilla and the pro's got promod, so it's not impossible.

yes i agree i this will probably go the otherway though with a mod for the jumping, although i havnt got a clue how easy it would be to change the accuracy while in the air without changing it over the full game.

• Downvote 2

14 minutes ago, johnoboro said:

??? hi stalker im phoning the police i fear for my safety when your finding all my posts to neg rep haha

I'm a nice guy, gave you 1+ :D

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, SirBob said:

I'm a nice guy, gave you 1+ :D

haha that will be nullified within half hour but thanks lol i was +11 3 days ago lol ? it does keep me entertained when im bored so i wont complain. even when im helping people with their problems whoevers cage ive rattled is finding them and negative repping them lol its quite amusing.

• Downvote 1

Indeed you're right but I am pretty sure that is quite the right pourcentage whos would have the same opinion on this.

• Upvote 1

Don't forget a lot of people quit already and don't share their oppinions anymore because they think this game is lost. I guess there are a lot of people not sure if they like (certain aspects) of the game or not. I think the vote says something as everybody can vote if they want. Also there are not so much players playing at this stage so 90-100 votes isn't so bad. 

The only thing is i'm pretty sure of there are a lot of topics about the jumping and stuff. I really wonder if the devs had chosen jumping without ads if there would be so much topics asking for jumping with ads. I don't really think much people would have cared actually. 

in cod1 didn't they have some sort of shock reaction when hitting the ground after a jump? seem to recall if you jumped it left you awfully vulnerable and barely able to move for a sec or two?

Just now, maddog-b said:

in cod1 didn't they have some sort of shock reaction when hitting the ground after a jump? seem to recall if you jumped it left you awfully vulnerable and barely able to move for a sec or two?

No 

There was only a shock reaction after you almost got killed by a nade.  

15 minutes ago, Thunder_Buddy said:

No 

There was only a shock reaction after you almost got killed by a nade.  

can't seem to find anything on the web but thought it was to fix a bug where if people timed prone and jump they could move at crazy speeds across map, not a full blown grenade shock more like a little stun.

could have been a mod long time ago now :)

1 hour ago, maddog-b said:

can't seem to find anything on the web but thought it was to fix a bug where if people timed prone and jump they could move at crazy speeds across map, not a full blown grenade shock more like a little stun.

could have been a mod long time ago now :)

The first patch in CoD1 you could bunny hop.  The second patch in CoD1 there was a bug that let you use prone with jump to bunny hop.  The final patch fixed these and put a cooldown/slowdown on jump.  The grenade shock was probably from some realism mod.

Edited by React

11 hours ago, React said:

The first patch in CoD1 you could bunny hop.  The second patch in CoD1 there was a bug that let you use prone with jump to bunny hop.  The final patch fixed these and put a cooldown/slowdown on jump.  The grenade shock was probably from some realism mod.

glad you said that, I maybe got the details wrong but the memory was there and not imagined :D

wait for the netcode update to see how big of an issue it really is, the current netcode with the peekers advantage plays a huge factor to how useful the sprint jump shooting is.

• Upvote 1