Jump to content
Grasshopper

Are we being heard by the developers?

Recommended Posts

:D give your opinion get neg rep have a joke get neg rep. comment anything at all get neg rep lol :P neg rep this you little pussies its an online forum not a workplace where you have to try get along with everyone... its like a forum full of little girls lmao

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, johnoboro said:

:D give your opinion get neg rep have a joke get neg rep. comment anything at all get neg rep lol :P neg rep this you little pussies its an online forum not a workplace where you have to try get along with everyone... its like a forum full of little girls lmao

Calling people 'lil pussies' and 'little girls' and wondering why you've a negative reputation... And if we're not in the workplace why do you care about your reputation? You don't have to get along with everyone it isn't a workplace (like you said). 

If I had anything to say, which I don't, I would probably consider/pitch the idea to replace the downvote button with something else. 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Grasshopper 

I think the main problem is the fact there is no app we know of that means we can get the forum on our mobile devices. Joe will write thigns up the reddit app at home or on the couch or on the toilet for all I know. I know we are on it more on our phones during our of office ours than we can be on the forums because of the lack of mobility. 

Reddit is something we are keen to grow too there are lots of new community members there that (we thought) needed more attention to keep satisfied than our long standing forum users!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, [CM] BigTuna said:

I think the main problem is the fact there is no app we know of that means we can get the forum on our mobile devices.

Invision is fully responsive and kinda works okay in the mobile browser of your choice too. An app alternative would be Tapatalk. 
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.quoord.tapatalkpro.activity
https://itunes.apple.com/app/tapatalk-200-000-forums/id307880732?mt=8

Edited by dpolar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Invision is 100% optimized for mobile devices (as user) and you can dictate the text aswell.

 

But I would seems to hard saying that, so sorry... and, honestly, I'm ok with the answer, it's just a little bit sad that we haven't a link that announce "guys, go here for last news" or similar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the problem is that there has been an influx of forum users following EA who haven't been around the forums long and don't know how the devs use the forums. they think because devs don't post they're not active which has never been the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

Calling people 'lil pussies' and 'little girls' and wondering why you've a negative reputation... And if we're not in the workplace why do you care about your reputation? You don't have to get along with everyone it isn't a workplace (like you said). 

If I had anything to say, which I don't, I would probably consider/pitch the idea to replace the downvote button with something else. 

i dont care thats why i stated the fact they are acting like little pussies. clearly they get their feelings hurt easily if someone disagrees with them or points them out on something. i got a few downvotes yesterday because i corrected someone that snipers and kar98 are not 1 shot kills in arms and legs and i was told i must be right because im a know it all ha, i was only trying to give the guy the cortrect information he was missunderstanding lol, i find it laughable it entertains me when im not playing and the forum is quiet :P 

im the same i login to the forum on my own and its fine, no different than using tapatalk or whatever. although im not overly bothered about devs and stuff being on here all the time as they have plenty to be getting on with, plus if i have a query i will check the forums, twitter and reddit to see if its already been addressed sooo. 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cokY said:

What is difficult to understand when developers say they need time?

The reason why they released it on EA and completely killed the hype around it when they clearly needed more time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, [CM] BigTuna said:

Reddit is something we are keen to grow too there are lots of new community members there that (we thought) needed more attention to keep satisfied than our long standing forum users!

I am a new forum user and i thought the best place to get information from was "The Official Battalion Forum" as that seems to me the first place you would go.

Or are you saying as forum users we don't deserve the same attention as your Reddit or Twitter users?

I'm not making a fuss but i think it would be courteous to address all users across all formats you give information and have discussions on and if that isn't possible then either appoint someone who can keep an eye on this and other site's to ensure all the info is given to ALL users or make a post asking all forum users to use Reddit only perhaps?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As an administrator of an Invisionboard forum I think it works great on mobile right out of the box, the forum should be the first place to read about game news

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, [CM] BigTuna said:

@Grasshopper 

I think the main problem is the fact there is no app we know of that means we can get the forum on our mobile devices. Joe will write thigns up the reddit app at home or on the couch or on the toilet for all I know. I know we are on it more on our phones during our of office ours than we can be on the forums because of the lack of mobility. 

Reddit is something we are keen to grow too there are lots of new community members there that (we thought) needed more attention to keep satisfied than our long standing forum users!

Obviously I would have liked to hear something differently, like 'we're going to divide our limited time between different platforms'. But at least thank you for answering and being honest with us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, [CM] BigTuna said:

Oh we are reading the forums and you will get replies but now the game is released just don't expect as many as previously

That's good to know and no one expects you guys to sit on forums all day but just maybe some updates or news posted here once a day or something just to show some love :x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it be a good point to make a little update somewhere yourself BigTuna where you take some of the best questions, topics and/or feedback from the forums/reddit etc and react to them, sort of a weekly Q&A from you. This way the community also gets bits of information about the development and idea's for those who can't be asked for reading every forum topic, so you highlight the best for them and anwser them.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×