Djred84

Re think the killstreak and it could work.

I thought this forum was looking to civilised and friendly. Then I checked on this topic......

I'm sure I posted my killstreak thoughts on one of the 6 other killstreak based topics you started.

Still despite the bickering there are ideas being posted which I could tollerate.

Quick idea;

If you get a 7 man kill-streak maybe all your dead teammates can respawn instantly, could be useful on search & destroy or CTF?

The result of this = 1 players skill benefits the whole team

Thoughts?

Joe

This isn't one of them. Too much affect on gameplay & balance.

They shouldn't distract from the game/objective. Or you find players chasing killstreaks instead of objectives.

There won't be killstreaks, and that is final.

The FAQ's are at the bottom of the page, go read them.

Link:https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bulkheadinteractive/battalion-1944-pc-xb1-ps4?ref=hero_thanks

Lets change it from "Kill Streaks" to "Rewards" for the sake of argument.

As was stated earlier, make the "Rewards" cosmetic in nature, people LOVE that stuff. Something like calling cards in COD seem like a perfect reward for doing something "Extraordinary", yet non game breaking. I tend to cringe at the thought of weapon skins or camo's because sometimes those inadvertently unbalance a game, I.E a camo that's harder then hell to see compared to stock etc.

Whether you want to call them kill streaks or rewards or whatever, any kind of incentives tend to cause poor ingame behavior such as camping, sniping in the back, when you need a push or someone to hold a flank, etc. So that needs to be taken into consideration as well.

I don't understand why this continues to get brought up. An overwhelming majority of the people that will be playing this game don't want them, and the developers have stated numerous times now that they aren't going to be in the game. No matter how many times someone proposes an idea they think is "fair" or "balanced", it simply won't happen. No matter what the kill streak is, it removes from the core idea of the game which is skill based game play.

I played some DOD search and destroy and love it! Like we have to defend AA guns, Tanks, supplies ect. I wouldnt mind playing one like that and one like planting the bomb in one spot. :D:)

I agree guys, for S&D obviously for classic S&D it doesn't work, but maybe if it was to destroy a gun or a fixed emplacement, radio, etc that the Allies had to destroy and the Germans had to hide?

Myself and KingHoward are huge CSGO players so we're pretty sure S&D will make it there, but when I mentioned this idea, in the spirit of playing devils advocate... what if!?!?!? It was just planting a bomb and diffusing it and you had respawns the rotate to other sites could be very cool, constantly trying to take quick advantage of early kills and trying to exploit that then backing off recovering the bomb and reattacking ?

Could be interesting.. I like the idea of losing the bomb/key item then recovering and going back to the original objective.

Joe

I was thinking the same thing but, both sides have to go for each other objective and have a defensive and offensive positions. Like id some of the DOD search and destroy maps

They could raise $1 million and I still guarantee there will be no killstreaks in the game.

Or maybe packed as achievements (I would vote for to be time limited and refreshed after a couple of days/weeks) for a good compensation.