waxzR

Bolt action for every team

I'd like to suggest adding a bolt rifle (without a scope) for both/every team in this game. The Allies could get a Springfield without a scope as a counterpart to the Kar98k, it would balance both sides and people would stop insta joining the axis in tdm or other gamemodes that don't change sides. 

Balance-wise you could add another german weapon (any gun that is an actual counterpart to the Garand) or remove the Garand (but I understand that this won't happen lol).

I think this game has the possibility to avoid mistakes that CoD2 made and this is definitely one of them. In regards to "historical accuracy" all I want to say is, that the Gewehr 43 didn't have a 15 round mag either, so we are already past that discussion.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

This is the reason why the Americans are not a great choice. I'd have loved to see British and Germans because they match up much better with the Enfield - k98. Soviets and Germans match up. British and Italians match up. Pretty much everyone matches up with the exception for the Americans because of the M1. The G43 in reality was an answer to the SVT both of which were similar but simply not as mass produced as the Garand or considered the main battle rifle of their armies. The G43 shot 8mm Mauser the same as the k98. The SVT shot 7.62x54 the same as the Mosin. The Garand shot .30-06 the same as the Springfield. We could say add the Springfield, remove the Garand because we don't care about historical accuracy, but in reality what I really want is a game where I don't just use the Thompson or MP40, the BAR or the STG. I want to have the STEN, the BREN, the PPSH. I want other factions. I want other locations, I want other weapons. That was much of the charm of CoD and CoD2, and I think it's lost a bit just pitting Germans vs. Americans.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, saLz said:

I want other factions. I want other locations, I want other weapons. That was much of the charm of CoD and CoD2, and I think it's lost a bit just pitting Germans vs. Americans.

Maybe they'll add other factions, there is a lot of time until the game is released!

weapon balance =/= same weapons in each team

And to me it makes the game more interesting to have different weapons in the teams. Forces you to master more weapons, this raises the skill-ceiling. This is a competitive game, you need to raise the skill ceiling

It is possible, i have made servers for sniper only and k98 only for both sides

connect 164.132.205.131:7877 - K98 only

connect 188.165.222.22:7947 - Sniper Only

• Downvote 1