Sign in to follow this  
HarryG

Joe Brammer needs a Pr guy....

How is this a good way to respond to criticism please joe i love your game but just go for a walk or something before you go full Donald trump on twitter.... its not a good look for new people looking to buy the game

image.thumb.png.6d07e0b6a6b818dc3643349e20b02a01.png 

Just saying this situation could be handled way better than a 20 min twitter rant blaming others a simple post saying why the servers are fucked and when they will be live (estimate) would be a simple professional way of dealing with this...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

that's Joe. he's not going to change and why should he. when you take the blame for cock ups that aren't down to you there's only so much anyone can take. that said, i'm from the older generation and this over-reliance on social media is total BS to me.

• Upvote 2

i just think this could have been handled in an official tweet (not from joe himself) addressing the issue and @google in the tweet so it can be resolved i realize that is Joe's personality and its good for certain things like hyping up shit but when these kinds of fuck this company type tweets come out they are straight disrespectful and could be handled better if given a peer review by anyone with pr experience. Joe must realize hes the face of this game and needs to be more careful that is all im saying 

Edited by HarryG
  • Downvote 2

I actually like that he keeps it real. If you're reading this Joe Brammer, please don't become a dull cunt like Michael Condrey. Too many "Everybody is sweet. Everything is great(even though it is not)" people in this world. 

Edited by Grasshopper
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Firefly said:

Wait, could anybody explain me what's going on? What did google do?? I haven't been following this. 

^ same

Edited by WeAsOne

burning bridges with one of the biggest and most powerful companys in the world is great for future relationships ....

2 minutes ago, LoNeZiLLa said:

Google fixed their issue now. And Competitive matchmaking is still down.

he acts like google is the sole issue with the mm servers this is why i bought a scrim server its the only way to have fun in the game seeing as pub mm is fucked and now comp aswell

Some one just needs to tell joe to take a break from tweeting about battalion bugs and issues he cant handle the banter man... whoever runs the battalion 1944 twitter does and ok enough job but his personal tweets negate any good pr... https://twitter.com/Battalion1944

• Downvote 2

17 minutes ago, HarryG said:

burning bridges with one of the biggest and most powerful companys in the world is great for future relationships ....

he acts like google is the sole issue with the mm servers this is why i bought a scrim server its the only way to have fun in the game seeing as pub mm is fucked and now comp aswell

haha, you've never worked for a company as big as google have you? i have and i can tell you they don't give a shit about tiny companies like bulkhead. they're just another little customer on the end of a phone to them and sometimes the only way to get them to listen is to put a rocket up their arse.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

image.png.7ca8d1437f534b7cfb918df56d01b130.png

acceptable while being spicy enough towards google ...

image.png.95beb148d71e1a1e4225bb0e08a4ed2c.png

rude and amateur 

you cant defend that as the head of any size of company period you cant defend that....

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

2 minutes ago, HarryG said:

Yeah, this is getting old really fast. Only two weeks into the game and now this happens. Too many delays, too many excuses from them, and they aren't listening to the community either.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Lets ruin the image of my company and game and ruin professional businesses relationships while watching Netflix...nice

Edited by HarryG
  • Downvote 1

All of you feigning outrage should fuck off and stop supporting the company then if you're so gasp, shock, horrified at what he said. Google is a tech giant and fucked over a company. If any of you have ever worked at a big company like this before you will understand that they see small businesses like this as nothing. I'm glad Brammer is showing his true feelings just as I would, and I hope many more people start to do so in the future. As the commenter above said, there are too many "everything is beautiful and wonderful and nice" buffoons in the world, we don't need another one. He's getting shit done, Google responded to him after his tweets and now the servers are being updated.

If you're offended - good. I'm glad.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

12 minutes ago, HarryG said:

Lets ruin the image of my company and game and ruin professional businesses relationships while watching Netflix...nice

yeah, that should have been an E4 or BBC2 in the background sort of move. You don't do that shit in front of Netflix.  /end sarcasm.

:P

• Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, HarryG said:

Let's stay in office till 1am. That's such a better idea. I'd definitely not burn out or anything. 

• Downvote 1

26 minutes ago, Firefly said:

Let's stay in office till 1am. That's such a better idea. I'd definitely not burn out or anything. 

not what i was suggesting but lets continue to circle jerk bad behavior from devs.... this is how we kill a game i care very much for and all im doing is saying that they need to handle criticism better and understand why people are mad at a game that cant even function in its current state. Is it bad that google fucked up on a small business... yes absolutely.. is it right to make comments like thisimage.png.95beb148d71e1a1e4225bb0e08a4ed

fuck no especially when the game is held together by competitive players on their own scrim servers.

the game has not worked properly since launch and drove away 15000+ people who had the game on launch. That not acceptable and if you dont agree with me even slightly then you have no objective opinion on what the game needs and how i needs to be run. Keep in mind i want to go pro in this game ffs i quit my cs team i drop 4 hours a night after work into this game until i can quit work with a game salary and spend 10hours a day. All i expect in return is some restraint and positive marketing to grow the game as well as a functional product neither of which seem to be happening in its current state. I want to see this game succeed and they certainly have the right ideas but outbursts and shit like this cant be jerked off by some loyal fans who cant accept any criticism of the game. For example if i say they should have released the game 1-3 months from now and not on feb 1 10 dislikes will come my way from people who dont have any understanding of the industry. Games have only a few chances to grab serious market share.... and battalion blew the first one the past few weeks. this game had hundreds of thousands of viewers on twitch (during the cs fucking major like wtf...) now has 1-2k players that is a piss poor retention rate... why you ask? because people tune into shoud, summits streams and the game cant mm in beta and plays only one map when you wait 1 hour for a game. 3 Weeks later and its the same story... just fix the game dont blame google in such a rude fashion on your personal twitter when the games already losing players.. for the next year this game needs positive publicity to even hope to have a large community and tonight was one gross step backwards, Down vote me if you want but make a decent counter argument.... not a circle jerk 

Edited by HarryG
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

27 minutes ago, Firefly said:

1am??? 3 days of no sleep in the office.. come home and even the dog has forgotten who you are!

Like a few tweets against Google are going to hurt the games image, what sort of snowflake era are we living in.

Give em shit, it's Google, they deserve it if the are the cause of the fuck-up!!

Downvoted by the E4 and BBC2 lovers :P

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, HarryG said:

not what i was suggesting but lets continue to circle jerk bad behavior from devs.... this is how we kill a game i care very much for and all im doing is saying that they need to handle criticism better and understand why people are mad at a game that cant even function in its current state. Is it bad that google fucked up on a small business... yes absolutely.. is it right to make comments like thisimage.png.95beb148d71e1a1e4225bb0e08a4ed

fuck no especially when the game is held together by competitive players on their own scrim servers.

the game has not worked properly since launch and drove away 15000+ people who had the game on launch. That not acceptable and if you dont agree with me even slightly then you have no objective opinion on what the game needs and how i needs to be run. Keep in mind i want to go pro in this game ffs i quit my cs team i drop 4 hours a night after work into this game until i can quit work with a game salary and spend 10hours a day. All i expect in return is some restraint and positive marketing to grow the game as well as a functional product neither of which seem to be happening in its current state. I want to see this game succeed and they certainly have the right ideas but outbursts and shit like this cant be jerked off by some loyal fans who cant accept any criticism of the game. For example if i say they should have released the game 1-3 months from now and not on feb 1 10 dislikes will come my way from people who dont have any understanding of the industry. Games have only a few chances to grab serious market share.... and battalion blew the first one the past few weeks. this game had hundreds of thousands of viewers on twitch (during the cs fucking major like wtf...) now has 1-2k players that is a piss poor retention rate... why you ask? because people tune into shoud, summits streams and the game cant mm in beta and plays only one map when you wait 1 hour for a game. 3 Weeks later and its the same story... just fix the game dont blame google in such a rude fashion on your personal twitter when the games already losing players.. for the next year this game needs positive publicity to even hope to have a large community and tonight was one gross step backwards, Down vote me if you want but make a decent counter argument from the fact that this isn't negative publicity from a game that cant afford it at the time....

Don't assume that I have 0 complaints. I have complaints too. Because of how unstable the servers are, only 5 people of my 22-ppl big group remained and I was forced to close down my community. Now my server is just empty. 

This was mentioned by somebody else too: aiming to make a competitive game is okay. In fact, I was the one crying for a "Clan Wars mode". The thing is, most people aren't going to spend their whole day on being super tryhard. They wanna play casually from time to time. However, this all is only a small percentage of the players. The bulk of the players in a game are often completely casual players, so it is important to please them too. However, the conditions haven't been too great for casual players. The server browser is just one big game of thrones. Look at the server list, go off for an hour, come back again and witness of all the active servers are suddenly other servers. It's because they're crashing. There is only a small amount of people putting in effort to repopulate servers every 30 minutes. People just wanna pick a favourite server and count on it being there when they log on. 

However, I still have faith. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Firefly said:

Don't assume that I have 0 complaints. I have complaints too. Because of how unstable the servers are, only 5 people of my 22-ppl big group remained and I was forced to close down my community. Now my server is just empty. 

This was mentioned by somebody else too: aiming to make a competitive game is okay. In fact, I was the one crying for a "Clan Wars mode". The thing is, most people aren't going to spend their whole day on being super tryhard. They wanna play casually from time to time. However, this all is only a small percentage of the players. The bulk of the players in a game are often completely casual players, so it is important to please them too. However, the conditions haven't been too great for casual players. The server browser is just one big game of thrones. Look at the server list, go off for an hour, come back again and witness of all the active servers are suddenly other servers. It's because they're crashing. There is only a small amount of people putting in effort to repopulate servers every 30 minutes. People just wanna pick a favourite server and count on it being there when they log on. 

However, I still have faith. 

i agree thats why all i do is scrim in this game with my team as there is no working mm and mm is the reason why casual players join the game. csgo is 99%casual and those guys play there silver matches 2 times a weekend 

• Downvote 1

Haha im warming up to brammers personality . I rather a real person as a dev that communicates honestly with his fans,  rather than a automated response. 

Eh not all will like the way he goes about things but it won't stop me from supporting this great game 👍

Edited by Twitch.tv/aussiexthunder
Missed word

Just now, Twitch.tv/aussiexthunder said:

Haha im warming up to brammers personality . I rather a real person as a dev that communicates honestly with his fans,  rather than a automated response. 

Eh not all will like the way he goes about things but it won't stop me supporting this great game 👍

Sadly, we live in a special snowflake era. People who think like us two are in the minority it seems. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HarryG said:

The thing is, most people aren't going to spend their whole day on being super tryhard. They wanna play casually from time to time

The bulk of the players in a game are often completely casual players, so it is important to please them too. However, the conditions haven't been too great for casual players

Thank you :D

I don't think anyone is offended by Brammer being "real." It's just kinda ironic that he points out the one time Google messed up, meanwhile no one has been able to play his game for months.. and he bags on Google. lmoa

• Upvote 2