Sign in to follow this  
Koopa

Battalion 1944 Vote on Gameplay

Battalion 1944 going forward (can vote multiple choices)  

85 members have voted

1. 1. What do people want to see? (multiple choice)

• Bunny Hopping (jumpshooting high accuracy) Eliminated with Higher Hitpoints
    • Keep the Jumping accuracy
    • A Balancing of the weapons more (recoil etc)
    • It is fine as it is - lets play

In an aid to stop the raging and anger on the forums, to help the devs see the numbers to give transparency on the community's opinion

Please could people vote on the poll

Edited by Koopa

I want 

• Bunny Hopping Eliminated with Higher Hitpoints
  • A Balancing of the weapons more (recoil etc)
What do I vote now? Your idea is good, but your implementation lacks.

Will people ever understand bunnyhopping and jumpshoting are 2 different things

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

If map design wasn't so bad, there would not be so much of that strafe jumping. It was never ever so extreme in CoD4 promod. 

27 minutes ago, DarkMortyr said:

If map design wasn't so bad, there would not be so much of that strafe jumping. It was never ever so extreme in CoD4 promod. 

map design aside the lean is fucked so other people see you before you can see them. the netcode is also very poor and the movement is straight booty so the best option is jumping around corners. in promod if someone was going to jump around the corner i was able to move fast enough to position myself to counter it. in this game everyone moves so slow (BRING BACK THE OLD MOVEMENT!) you just get merked

• Upvote 2

most people who are happy are probably playing instead of on the forums 😁

52 minutes ago, pink kamui<3 said:

map design aside the lean is fucked so other people see you before you can see them. the netcode is also very poor and the movement is straight booty so the best option is jumping around corners. in promod if someone was going to jump around the corner i was able to move fast enough to position myself to counter it. in this game everyone moves so slow (BRING BACK THE OLD MOVEMENT!) you just get merked

they changed the lean because it was overpowered so now its not peekers advantage which makes it fair, because the person pre aimed will have a smaller target to hit i dont mind the lean.. its shit when your trying to be quiet so cant rush out a corner but i think it balances itself out with the smaller targets. the movement will never be cod4 because its the unreal engine but theyve got it close imo

• Downvote 2

Why does nobody know what bunny hopping is anymore? I swear to god I've seen it misused more times in the past two weeks than at any point in my entire life playing pc games. Jump shooting is the problem everyone is upset about. Bunny hopping is the ability to perform another jump quickly after the first with no cooldown. Anyone who played CoD1 will remember the first few months when there was no cooldown from hitting the ground and people were literally bouncing around like basketballs. In other games like CS bunny bunny hopping with certain keypresses and movement inbetween could be leveraged to accelerate a player beyond the normal runspeed.

The thing everyone hates is jump shooting. Launching your player model around corners like Vince Carter going for a dunk and shooting someone while also setting an olympic record for high jump and long jump simultaneously. This is made possible by two things: First- the movement mechanics added to the game to give it movement depth and create skill jumps for positioning on maps between objects, second- the accuracy of one's weapon while in the air. While the latter was reportedly nerfed after the closed beta it certainly does not feel that way. The first issue presents a problem for simply removing jumping or altering how it works: the entire game and most maps are based on the current movement system and fucking with the jumping fucks everything else. The second issue should be discussed- what should the viability be of shooting while jumping?

A few solutions come to mind from other games. Some games institute near-total inaccuracy at anything other than very close range while jumping ala CS with most weapons. Some games institute an inability to fire or aim down the sights while not firmly planted on the ground. Others institute a severe frozen in place movement penalty for when your player model lands, meaning that if you go for a jump, you might get your 1st kill but you are 99% going to get traded while your feet are stuck in the mud.

Jumping isn't the only movement system problem to tackle in my opinion. Who here has actually looked into your visibility level while leaning? I remember reading there was a peeker's advantage in this game and I find that to be completely false. Lean peeking a corner is in most cases complete suicide. Your head and torso are visible to the defender holding a flat angle while on your screen you're still staring at a brick wall. Strafe peeking isn't much better, and if we're going to discuss jumping as a problem we need to discuss why it is that 99% of players are electing to jump around corners instead of lean peeking them. Jumping might not even be much of an issue in itself in its current state if players had viable alternatives for peeking an opponent. As it is, it's the most effective way to give yourself an edge so players are going to take it and everyone is going to focus on it as the actual problem when the problem might be at least partially that there aren't better alternatives.

While we're on the topic of movement, anyone who has tested crouch peeking quickly from behind an object can also tell you how op this can be for gathering info. A lot of people aren't doing it yet, and it works best if you hold crouch instead of toggle which a lot of people don't, but popping up for info and re-popping up to take shots happens more instantaneously on your screen than your opponent, meaning by the time you are yourself standing and taking a shot, your opponent sees just your head or helmet and then dies. Since you're re-crouching so fast you don't appear to fully stand on the other player's screen and are quickly back in cover and extremely difficult to hit. Going prone is accurate 100% to the ground and hitting prone with a gun such as the M1 garand for example gives you 100% accuracy without ADS at basically all ranges while going prone with a BAR or STG with no ADS is still suicide, so there are strange weapon imbalance quirks there.

We still have very little recoil as well, something players have been asking for and people have ceased talking about with the jump discussion. You could up recoil while jumping and make it difficult to land shots beyond your initial burst with an SMG or MG, but this wouldn't really mess up bolt players and shotguns.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

it's not bunnyhopping. the mechanics that enable bunnyhopping are not in this game. people should stop referring to it as bunnyhopping because it's completely false. at the very basic level for bunnyhopping to exist there has to be permanent sprint. permanent sprint is not in this game.

also, votes on this forum give no transparency of the state of the game because less than 1% of the player base even come on to the forums so these polls are meaningless.

• Downvote 2

Sometimes its like i play Waterships Down ! If your good at jumping and are a decent shooter then pick up your rifle/sniper and kill the other team within seconds .Its rediculous those 1 shots while jumping . And there is NO 1 that can say thats the way it went in 40/45 .

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Farq-S, the Steamcharts gives us a good picture on the state of the game, as well as the direction in the size of the player base.

Polls are not meaningless (can be said then about all polls in life). It reflects the views of people who are interested or care enough about the direction the game is taking and surely these views are the ones that are most valid. 

36 minutes ago, IronFi$t said:

Farq-S, the Steamcharts gives us a good picture on the state of the game, as well as the direction in the size of the player base.

Polls are not meaningless (can be said then about all polls in life). It reflects the views of people who are interested or care enough about the direction the game is taking and surely these views are the ones that are most valid. 

polls ON THIS FORUM are meaningless. any poll with a sample size of less than 1% of a population is meaningless.

• Downvote 3

2 hours ago, Farq-S said:

polls ON THIS FORUM are meaningless. any poll with a sample size of less than 1% of a population is meaningless.

Can we do a poll on steam?  I'm not sure if we can

Even if we could, how could we get an opinion poll with all the people whom have left the game or refunded.

I think the reviews on steam may speak for those whom have left or refunded the game. However once someone has voted with their feet then I find it hard to see them coming back to do a poll on a game they couldn't really care about main because they have left it behind

However I believe that this community can be the wind of change, we can talk things out to reach the best medium for all and we should help the DEVS to shape this game into a fantastic classic fps.  Both for the casual and competitive players alike

Edited by Koopa

like mentioned above, there isn’t much choice for peeking, since lean peeking is a suicide and jiggle peeking isn’t viable either. and since there’s a ton of stuff and places to jump onto futher increasing the frequency of jumping, combined with the current state of netcode jump peeking and jumpshooting seems the most effective way to go hence it’s so frequent. 

I feel like the devs or mods should put up a sticky on the forums and steam to clarify the confusion of many people who are misinterpreting bunny hopping with strafe jumping or even calling jumping bunny hopping. We as a community should be on the same page without confusion especially when it comes to basic terms (glossary) whether you are a casual or competitive player.

It wont change as some will be pleased to here- please see below a recent post on Discord

...Message Inbound...

Host: Gen. @BRAMMERTRON
Operation: BUGSTOMPER
Target: Tonight. GMT.
Required: The 44th Battalion

Details:
- Update to go live sometime tonight, GMT.
- Competitive is here, all ranks accounted for.
- If you crash/restart - you can reconnect
- XP/HUD-display issue: should be fixed.
- If u d/connect in Competitive, you will be banned.
- Over 30 crash scenarios fixed!!
- In-game VOIP still being adjusted/improved.

Coming later/In-Progress:
- Big March Update (and a new map!)
- First LAN Announcement coming next week.

So soldiers, pack ur kits.
Wall-bang, jump-shot, drop-shot and pirouette ur way to fragilicious glory - Tonight. And every night.

At ease, soldiers.

On ‎14‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 2:17 PM, Zane said:

Will people ever understand bunnyhopping and jumpshoting are 2 different things

OK! delete "bunny hopping" insert kangaroo leaping and "Olympic long jump shooting".....that should cover it eh! :D:wink:

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

On 14.02.2018 at 2:56 PM, Koopa said:

In an aid to stop the raging and anger on the forums, to help the devs see the numbers to give transparency on the community's opinion

Please could people vote on the poll

I aplaud your effort but it's pretty pointless to be honest. Seems like the devs are dead set on how they want this game to turn out, which basically is promod 2.0, whether it succeeds or not. I'd say wait for mod tools but by that point barely anyone will be still left playing this thing.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

20 hours ago, Tygrys said:

I aplaud your effort but it's pretty pointless to be honest. Seems like the devs are dead set on how they want this game to turn out, which basically is promod 2.0, whether it succeeds or not. I'd say wait for mod tools but by that point barely anyone will be still left playing this thing.

The problem is if the poll is 36% for and 64% against then the producers if they take no notice and the 64% walk the game will be DEAD!   People vote for a reason.   The game could be very good (I have enjoyed what I have played since the update) .   If you have seen the tv programme "Myth Busters" you will have seen that the possibility of hitting someone with a bullet while leaping around a corner was proved to be virtually impossible.    Looks like I will probably in the not to distant future be getting my mobility scooter out ¬¬!

17 hours ago, oldman said:

The problem is if the poll is 36% for and 64% against then the producers if they take no notice and the 64% walk the game will be DEAD!   People vote for a reason.   The game could be very good (I have enjoyed what I have played since the update) .   If you have seen the tv programme "Myth Busters" you will have seen that the possibility of hitting someone with a bullet while leaping around a corner was proved to be virtually impossible.    Looks like I will probably in the not to distant future be getting my mobility scooter out ¬¬!

You're completely missing the point. This is not the case whether it's realistic or not but whether it's a good and enjoyable mechanic for both sides. Unsurprisingly it's neither.

I don't know if it's just me or not but sometimes i play a map and have a really good game, getting kill's fairly easily, chilled no stress then on the next map change i get slaughtered, killed by people i can't see and generally can't hit anything like im a second behind everyone.

Can't explain it much better than that tbh and sometimes going around the corner meeting an enemy my gun doesn't fire it feels so strange like really bad lag.