Xtreem

Competitive Goes Live

Competitive match making  

39 members have voted

1. 1. What is your oppinion about playing in competitive against teams

• Only allow soloQ in competitive
    • Only allow soloQ and duoQ in competitive
    • Allow premade teams for competitive, also against soloQ
    • Allow premade teams for competitive but only against other premade teams.

I wonder what all of you think about the competitive mode coming out this thursday.

I believe there will a lot of teams who will grind their way to the top, but playing as a 5 man premade against 5 soloQ is not fair for those doing the soloQ. As this is still EA and nothing is laid in stone as of yet I think they should follow the steps of OW in the perspective that premade teams play against other premade teams. If you are a party of 3 then you should play against another party of 3 or two party's of two and so on. Also it would be nice if you could see ingame who teamed up with who.

And what are your thoughts after the EA when the game is fully released and how the system should eventually work.

• Downvote 1

I think the best way to do it is to match premade against other teams, the only downside of this is that if the playerbase is low it will make the process of finding a lobby very long. Maybe they should add some exceptions in the algorithm, like if more than 1 minutes have passed and you have a 5 man premade, start looking for 2 teams made of 2 and 3 people, or perhaps match against players who have a little bit higher Elo

Edited by Zane
  • Upvote 1

If they adjust the penalty for losing against premade teams as a soloQ I think it's fine. We all don't want to wait forever to find a match. Just don't severely punish soloQ players for losing a fight they are not supposed to win, the same goes for the rewards. It might take longer to get to the top but at least you can play if there are no other premades available.

Realistically I'm mostly going to play ranked by myself or with a friend. That's why I prefer to play against individuals. Premade teams should only face premade teams, because they will always play better together than individuals. But I feel like it doesn't matter what we want, what matters is how many people are playing ranked. And if it's possible to do this matchmaking system. 

• Downvote 1

You force solo queue only and I quit. I'm not playing a game where my friends of 16 years cannot also play with me, especially given the fact that I absolutely despise and want nothing to do with the larger community of mouthy douchebags and retarded children. If people who are solo queueing become sad because they're getting their asses kicked by a premade then that's tough shit in my opinion. Suck it up and make some friends or shut up and play the game. My friend and I duo-queued our way to GE in CSGO, and beat plenty of pre-made stacks along the way. If people are worried about their rank and the fact that they're more likely to lose against a team, then scale the XP so a loss vs. a team affects you less than a loss vs. other opponents, and if you are afraid not enough people will solo queue to fill in those gaps, slightly raise XP if you win while soloing. Then again, most matches aren't 1's vs. 5's. Are we still considering it unfair if a team of 3 solos and 1 duo play against a 4 man and a solo? What if their solo goes 0-24 and your duo sucks but one of the solos goes 40-5?

IMO its a waste of time worrying about fairness beyond simply handing out ranks. Play the game. Make friends and stack or don't. You know what solo queue is.

• Upvote 3