Sign in to follow this  
Soldat Ryan

Devs post : New Client Update, Competitive Goes Live, and Server Plans!

New Client Update, Competitive Goes Live, and Server Plans ! ( source )

fc7c91d2c6a9ffba10d5f6b2f95e5b0975f1c1f7

Competitive going live!

So it’s nearly time! We know a lot of you have been waiting for our competitive game mode to launch officially and now we can announce that Thursday 15/02/18 our War Tide Game mode will go live. It will be at some time during the day.

There will be around 10 mins of outage time whilst we restart and deploy server + matchmaker updates. This means all players will need to update their clients to play. The update is planned to go live on Thursday 15th February 2018.

Players rank 10 and above will be eligible, please bare in mind that a user interface bug has meant that some players haven’t been shown their real rank and therefore don’t believe that they are at the rank 10 and eligible to play Competitive. However we are deploying potential fixes for these issues during this weeks update.

New Competitive Ranks

It is worth noting that we have updated our competitive ranks since we announced them. We have altered them based on community feedback to make them more appealing, eye catching, readable & consistent. Here’s the updated list of ranks we will be having when Competitive launches this Thursday.

444a76653c24745ef7f8fc7a0acbded9bf1d32f6

Changelog:

Improvements
We have added a new run animation. Previously the third person run animation was very flat/horizontal. You’ll now notice that the character kicks his feet up a lot higher now. This is to help improve visibility of players in fast/high intensity situations. It will also help slightly improve visibility when jumping.

Future Server Plans & Intentions
Over the past two weeks we’ve been learning how to manage our server locations. There has been a huge amount of requests for matchmaking support in South East Asia, as a result of your communication with us. We will be adding servers in the SEA region in March. We made a mistake of separating NA players between 3 regions, our server code does not choose the best location for the players. The server predetermines where to go. As a result, we will be removing Central/East and merging them together to servers in Chicago, again in March. This will also show a boost in player numbers.

Bug Fixes:

• Potential fix for XP displaying correctly on the endgame UI.
  • Potential fix for crash on startup.
  • Numerous Spectator Improvements.
  • Picking up a dead player’s weapon now correctly displays the dropped weapon skin of the dead player and not your own skin.
  • General server stability fixes.

Texture Streaming:

To help combat load times on lower end PCs - We’ve set texture streaming to be default ON for players who own graphics cards with less than 3GB vram. If you have a 3GB+ card texture streaming will be set to OFF for a smoother gameplay experience whilst in-game. Our art team are actively optimising their work.

Addressing Players Fears

We wanted to address a recurring post from players. Recently, players have been given the ability to view concurrent players on SteamDB and SteamSpy. We regularly use these websites to get gauges of how other games are doing as well. However, if not used correctly they can be damaging to potential successful games. Players who feel they need to post ‘dead game’ on a game that hasn’t been in early access 2 weeks, are certainly jumping the gun. It is counterproductive and frustrating to see, especially in the face of so many updates from the dev team and when to game developers the concurrent players we do have are actually very high for an Early Access title 2 weeks out.
Comparing day 1 concurrent players to day 14 is not representative of a games future. Battalion has lined up to announce:

• Multiple LAN tournaments with 5 figure prize pools (TBA VERY SOON)
  • Free Weekend
  • New Maps (Again very soon)
  • New Gamemode (Requires this dedicated community to help balance)
  • Clanwars (Now backed by a new partner)
  • Full Release with more maps & content (2019)

If you’re playing Battalion 1944 now in Early Access you should be playing for the following reasons:

• To practice and get a head start on the Battalion 1944 major competitive events
  • To help design and balance Battalion 1944
  • To help the developers find and fix bugs or issues

Early Access is a time where developers can release new content to players with a safety net. It is not a finished game. This is the reason we chose to make our game £10.39 at launch. A very modest price for a game with a lot of potential. After Early Access we intend to increase the price to suit that of a finished, fully functioning game with minimal issues.. And we think that's fair.

At this time we'd like to link to one of our more popular comparisons CSGO, which started with 20,000 concurrent players and 10 years of a pre-existing game! With the work from their devs and the community pushing the game. CSGO grew into what it is today; http://steamcharts.com/app/730#All

Battalion's player numbers were always going to go down after the first day, but by relieving the financial pressure from trying to hit targets after we smashed our expectations, we can now solely focus on turning Battalion into a long term success. Please also remember games like PUBG are an anomaly and are not examples of long term sustainable success!

Let us know what you think in the comments! Thanks for your continued to support! We’ve got some huge announcements coming over the next two weeks but for now lets enjoy playing Competitive Battalion 1944 and enjoy the grind!

Hatton's Highlights, check out some great frags from the last week!

• Upvote 2

Keep up the work guys I still believe in this game. Just keep listening to the ones who really care for this game.

All people who don't are going to bash on it and will be happy that the player numbers are falling back. There will Always be a certain group doing this.

I think the game is pretty much what it should be atm. Ofcourse some balancing and maybe some hard decisions still to be made. Important will be what the majority wants and the devs have to decide if they are right or not. My advice would be keep talking with the community but always respect what people think. I think everybody who is sharing his thought wanna help this game further.

Good luck!

• Upvote 2

First of all i want to say thanks for this amazing game. 

My biggelt frustation though is the inability to quickly see how many players are alive. Am I blind and is it possible to already get a number of alive people on top of the screen? The steam profile pictures are sometimes hard to see and can take a second or 2 to analyze how many are alive.

thanks!

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, NixoN said:

My biggelt frustation though is the inability to quickly see how many players are alive. Am I blind and is it possible to already get a number of alive people on top of the screen? The steam profile pictures are sometimes hard to see and can take a second or 2 to analyze how many are alive.

Yes you can change steam icon by a number, check your settings game.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, craven. said:

Still no brightness/gamma adjustment...

broken lean, broken smgs and shotty, glitched nade indicator, bad movement(bring back the OLDDDDDDD movement), bad netcode

:(

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

And we can go on... lack of killcam on unranked is a pain in the ass, amount of cheaters out there is just ridiculous. Not sure if reports work anyway... I'd also like to have the possibility to check players' steam profiles during the game. What about starting local servers to practice nades? Where's noclip? Why we can't record demos? There are active leagues and cups every week and yet we can't do such basic stuff that should be there from the beginning. 

I'm kinda dissapointed they focused on new features instead of fixing stuff that most players reported by now. Changing weapons' damage and effective range is the easiest thing ever, same with unlocking brightness option (which was there on alpha!). Or maybe we are all wrong and this is how they want it to be? o.O I appreciate the fact we get updates every week but it's like seasoning the steak that was made out of rotten meat. Straighten up some real issues guys, please! This game's activity is down by 70% since EA launch, I'm not sure if remaining 30% will stick out here long enough to see the fruits of "1 more year of development".

Props for new animations though :x

Edited by craven.
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, craven. said:

I'm kinda dissapointed they focused on new features instead of fixing stuff that most players reported by now. Changing weapons' damage and effective range is the easiest thing ever, same with unlocking brightness option (which was there on alpha!). Or maybe we are all wrong and this is how they want it to be? o.O

Props for new animations though :x

took our money than said fuck us lets make the game however we want it to be :)

jk but when is LEAN and netcode gonna be fixed

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

i just hope they addressed the weird fps drops since last patch, which makes the game unplayable for some ppl. 

before week 1 update i could set my game to full hd and ultra settings and still have perfect stable 200 fps. 

now they drop hard, no matter what i set. i turned it to 640x480 res, all low and still got mega drops down  to 30-80 fps. 

its an absolute joke right now and according to a reddit post there are alot of others having the same issue. 

its super frustrating to have a high end pc and not being able to play/scrim anymore. 

Edited by n4w

so we comp matchmaking with
-bad movement
-bad optimization
-lean that is broken
-poor netcode
-shotty that is horribly inconsistent at times
-overpowered smgs
-questionable maps

gg

Edited by pink kamui<3
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

I think this game is awesome and I'm really loving it, so thanks for that!

Also thanks for these updates which imo are going in the right way.

However I miss some custom options like gamma (+/- brightness), killfeed duration (which imo is very low so I can't focus on my screen for a second and then look to the killfeed, cuz it's already gone) or modulating voicechat volume for each player or in general (too many guys got it loud enough and disturb the game sound). 

Apart of that I repeat I'm enjoying b44 a lot, and I'm conscious it's only in the first days of the Beta and it takes time to fix / add stuff. I think this game has an huge potential and it's gonna be great without any doubt with the hard work and effort they're putting on here. I just hope it won't be too late.

you're doing a great job guys. keep working on the game and listening to the community (pay no mind to the ppl hellbent on bashing the game). and @[DEV] BRAMMERTRON, keep being the arrogant sod you are. it's your greatest strength because you've always been open-minded to other ppls perspective.

Edited by Farq-S
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Love being mindlessly downvoted without anyone actually arguing against any of my points. People who are blindly supporting whatever shit the devs put out are doing a disservice to the game and the community as a whole.

Good things about the game

-The sound has improved significantly and now I feel confident in my ability to determine where somebody is by the sound of their footsteps

-Besides the smg and the shotty, the weapons are well designed and balanced

BAD THINGS

-Lean is broken without question. You can be holding an angle another person can see the whole side of your body while you cannot see them at all.

-Moving around in the game is ass and isn't fun. It's looks and feels clunky and is more of a chore than anything

-The netcode is straight garbage and half the time you're dying behind walls and shit when everyone in the server only has 50-80 ping. This is some shit you see in other games if your ping is much higher than that (100+)

Edited by pink kamui<3

Things that need some work or should be add to the game:

- Film-tweaks, at least basic brightness configuration for start (at Manor House can't see sh*t).

- The Netcode is really bad and people killing you behind the walls is a real problem.

- Picking up weapons does not feel right (sometimes I need to dance around weapon for seconds before I can pick it up or it just can't be picked up), weapon physic is broken as they fly over the map when someone dies (weapons should be dropped on top of the body and physic should be removed).

- I feel jumping is nerfed too much, as when you jump just once you get completely exhausted.

- Too many angles where you can get stuck or can't jump on smoothly.

- The mini-map is too complicated for competitive, it should be as basic as possible (like on training map where the walls of the building are highlighted and everything is clear).

- Allow us to edit the mini-map size and everything.

- The card system need some improvements (it is annoying when you lose 3 rounds as attack and you are out of smgs).

- M1 Garand should be able to reload and with that you would balance attacking and defensive (with op weapons) site a bit (shooting away half of the clip is just stupid).

- Hide the bomb from the ground when someone is defusing and remove ability to jump when defusing.

- The planting and defusing sound can be heard from too far away.

- Positional sound still need some fixes.

- You can easily see someone in smoke when you are outside, it just denies a lot of sneaky plays.

- Need an option to change color of mini-map markers for players, so its easier for color blind people to see the difference between a bomb carrier and one that isn't.

- Bomb icon on mini-map covers the player icon, can't see my team-mate on mini-map if he is near the bomb.

- Make an option to set kill-feed display delay.

Overall I like playing this game and I hope developers will look in to this problems / suggestions before people give up.

• Like 2

adding things to the game and fixing problems already present like servers  takes me 10-30 mins to find an EAST coast server???!?!?!? naw we got lans to plan.....games not even esports ready, hello? ugh ive seen other games with better progression on release/early access. so much on this game needs to be adressed etc before you start worrying about that stuff....why watch a game that one knows is playing like trash/isnt getting the best results player base wise. *hits head off desk*

Edited by Spockllap

12 minutes ago, Spockllap said:

adding things to the game and fixing problems already present like servers  takes me 10-30 mins to find an EAST coast server???!?!?!? naw we got lans to plan.....games not even esports ready, hello? ugh ive seen other games with better progression on release/early access

Dude have you even read their roadmap? All of Q1 2018 is about fixing bugs and improving the game's stability. 

10 minutes ago, Zane said:

Dude have you even read their roadmap? All of Q1 2018 is about fixing bugs and improving the game's stability. 

exactly, so i dont want to hear about q2 planning when their still in q1. their jumping their roadmap. thats the last thing i want to see. im just trying tro say "prioritize". so adding ranks to me when people stiull have trouble connecting to servers etc. not the right choice at all. look at it this way, if someone cant even connect why would they even care about their rank? ive had issues connecting to their servers from day one. takes me 15 minutes to half hour to join a casual game. one day i couldnt even play "match allocating resources". unranked is "quick" only bec i think they have more of those type of servers. and the ammount of "out of nowhere" crashes is still there. prioritize prioritize prioritize prioritize prioritize prioritize prioritize 

Edited by Spockllap