Sign in to follow this  
reached -100 downvotes :D

crouch jumping

what am i missing? for some reason i can crouch jump! its just not working for example b site on derailed the double boxes you can crouch jump on i cant do it lol on the training map ive done it once in maybe 70-80 tries? ive tried jump then crouch straight away and ive tried jumping then crouching when im near top of my jump ive tried jumping then crouching in the middle of my jump haha... what am i missing as i know fps doesnt make a difference?

My neither I can't do it. I haven't try to much tho, but I mean I had good movements in cod4. I guess it will come in a week or two just need to get used to it again

yea i had decent movement and could jump 315 units a few times and i didnt go on jump servers too much but ive only made 6.3 3 times on this and crouch jumping onto objects doesnt seem to work lol.. i dont get it.. i can understand my strafing not being as good as it used to be as i quit cod4 nearly 6 year ago but crouch jumping should be simple.

Easiest way is in the config bind jump and hold crouch to a same secondary key i used thumbmousebutton

then all ya have to do is press that one key and its golden. 

pro tip to reset sprint press that key as crouch jumping resets the delay in sprint if timed correctly

to time correctly press sprint count to 3 in your head jump crouch then repeat  process takes some time to get right but will give you better angles faster 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, HarryG said:

Easiest way is in the config bind jump and hold crouch to a same secondary key i used thumbmousebutton

then all ya have to do is press that one key and its golden. 

pro tip to reset sprint press that key as crouch jumping resets the delay in sprint if timed correctly

to time correctly press sprint count to 3 in your head jump crouch then repeat  process takes some time to get right but will give you better angles faster 

il try that i think i just didnt wanna cheat :P i should be able to do it with 2 keys lol :D

its not cheating double binding the same keys is allowed in the config not the menu bind screen but other than that its not cut out of the config and is a default ue engine feature. also you can accomplish the same thing with bind scrips but that is more sketch than something supported in a config file

• Upvote 1

yeaa i know its not actually cheating but its a shortcut or compramise from being able to do it peoperly myself and it annoys me 😁 i have done it in the config last night and im loving being able to easily do the stuff i was failing so il get over 'cheating' myself :P