Sign in to follow this  
wildcardNS

Dedicated Instances - xinput1_3.dll

I bought a dedicated box to host servers for my community. As we'll need more than one instance (along with web and FTP, etc) it's much cheaper this way and I can manage the box myself.

Unfortunately, I cannot launch multiple instances of the Battalion server as there is a .dll being hooked and locked to the first process. This is kind of a big deal, as it means clients (and providers) will likely need multiple virtualized OS's to run multiple instances. That's fine when you're running Linux, but with Windows Server it gets rather expensive. I only have 1 server license on hand. Is there a way you guys could do this differently? I could spin up Hyper-V and virtualize some CentOS hosts to run the game... but that's going to take some beard growing I'm not sure I have time for.

4 hours ago, wildcardNS said:

I bought a dedicated box to host servers for my community. As we'll need more than one instance (along with web and FTP, etc) it's much cheaper this way and I can manage the box myself.

Unfortunately, I cannot launch multiple instances of the Battalion server as there is a .dll being hooked and locked to the first process. This is kind of a big deal, as it means clients (and providers) will likely need multiple virtualized OS's to run multiple instances. That's fine when you're running Linux, but with Windows Server it gets rather expensive. I only have 1 server license on hand. Is there a way you guys could do this differently? I could spin up Hyper-V and virtualize some CentOS hosts to run the game... but that's going to take some beard growing I'm not sure I have time for.

i can run multiple battalion servers on 1 OS.

• Upvote 1

I can run multiple servers, i was getting this error but only after a few hours of the servers being up 1 server would get it and crash but since i stop starting the server from the bat file and started them as a windows service i haven't got this error.

• Upvote 1