Sign in to follow this  
saLz

Americans vs. Germans

I really wish this game was not set in 1944. This is coming from an American. I know its just a historical setting, etc, etc but the best things about CoD1 and CoD2 were the Russian and British factions, for a number of reasons.

For starters, this opens up the various settings and theaters of war for interesting map locations, different architecture/levels of destruction, interesting weather, etc. Some of the best CoD1 maps were ones like Railyard, Depot, Harbor, Stalingrad. There were great UO maps like Sicily, Stanjel, Arnhem, etc. Then in CoD2 everybody loved Matmata, Toujane, Villers-Bocage, Leningrad, Moscow, etc. Sure, some of those I listed are in France or the low countries, but we've also got places all over Russia, North Africa, the Balkans, Italy, etc.

Then there's the weapons. I don't have to go into detail for why the M1 and k98 don't balance well against each other like the other bolts could. The Mosin-Nagant was my favorite weapon in CoD, and the CoD2 Enfield was up there. For every army you could bolt, and being a bolt player for my competitive teams, it was a particular point of pride and my favorite thing about the game.

I don't know if there is room for Russia and the British in the B44 roadmap, since a 1944 setting puts the Eastern front charging through into Poland, North Africa as captured, Italy as stalemated at the winter line, most of the interesting historical settings for later expansions are already over. Perhaps this could be the first game to expand backwards in time, and I'd love to see it because I'm honestly sick to death of playing Americans in France in WW2 games.

• Upvote 1

When you play the game you don't know where every map is supposed to be. You don't get an introduction like in Battlefield 1 and the maps don't have obvious names like Stalingrad, Toujane or Burgundy. What I'm trying to say is that it would be possible to throw in maps with different types of weather and environments without it looking weird. At least in my opinion. Great idea by the way. 

Oh yeah i miss those winter maps so much !

And yeah I find it quite insulting that allies are just americans. They could just do Allies vs Axe.  America vs Axe has no sense. Why use america instead of allies but not german instead of axe ?

i couldn't boycott that game because i loved cod4 but i surely did boycott BF1 because they didn't include the french..