Sign in to follow this  
grizzly

guy abusing voice chat, where can i send twitch clip so he gets banned?

6 minutes ago, MrKingSwaG said:

Or just "mute" the player?

This is for sure an option, but I'm not averse to seeing people acting like a total moron being punished. You can never avoid angry players in a game like this but the earlier you put down a marker for this type of crap by punishing offenders, (short term bans increasing with # of offences) the bigger the chance of keeping the toxicity under control, imo.

Edit: I know that Bulkhead won't really have the resources to dig through this stuff like say Blizz now does with OW - but seeing something done to repeat offenders would be nice.

Edited by Freakshow

27 minutes ago, Freakshow said:

This is for sure an option, but I'm not averse to seeing people acting like a total moron being punished. You can never avoid angry players in a game like this but the earlier you put down a marker for this type of crap by punishing offenders, (short term bans increasing with # of offences) the bigger the chance of keeping the toxicity under control, imo.

Edit: I know that Bulkhead won't really have the resources to dig through this stuff like say Blizz now does with OW - but seeing something done to repeat offenders would be nice.

Agreed. After playing online FPS for around 15/16 years I know that toxic behavior is 'part of the game', but that doesn't mean it should be left unpunished. People don't seem to understand that it takes time to learn a game. Messages like 'Omg. Kill yourself. You're so bad' takes away from the enjoyment. 

8 hours ago, Freakshow said:

The devs have a lot of work atm , you really think they are going to do a system that counts the insults and ban accordingly ? Just mute the players.

And then they would think about whats the limit of an insult ? is saying "you are extremely bad" 10 times in the chat an insult ? or we only count "cunt, suck my dick" ? And then you have to do this in every language, every abbreviations, that's just not doable.