Sign in to follow this  
Hautacam

Frustrating map limits

I find the map limits very weird on almost all the maps. Sometimes there is for exemple a sandbag in front of  you and you're like "im gonna jump on that thing" but in the end you can't. I don't get it why there is the sandbag then. this thing happens very often, you just try jumps and you get blocked in the air, i find it very frustrating.

SPECIALLY on the map with a lot of trenches in the middle and paths on each extremities of the map, you constantly get blocked jumping around.

Edited by Hautacam
  • Upvote 3

You have to think of it as designed that way to make sure the map stays competitive. The sandbags are just for show. Like instead of boring boxes or flat walls. It's hard to make it so the map looks acceptable/themed but also remains simple enough that it works on a competitive level. That's why the devs block things off like that, also they can be hard to clip so that player models don't keep getting stuck. That would annoy even more I'm sure.

23 hours ago, Earz said:

You have to think of it as designed that way to make sure the map stays competitive. The sandbags are just for show. Like instead of boring boxes or flat walls. It's hard to make it so the map looks acceptable/themed but also remains simple enough that it works on a competitive level. That's why the devs block things off like that, also they can be hard to clip so that player models don't keep getting stuck. That would annoy even more I'm sure.

I know big walls all around would be bad but something really isn't right in the map i am talking about. I played it today and there is a spot where you stand somewhere, you have 1 good meter in front of you and then a wall. But you get stuck 1 meter before the wall... Thats just crazy

Agreed, especially the map Battery suffers from such counter-intuitive map designs, which make one believe a place was reachable when it actually is not. I do hope those spots will receive some attention in the future.