Sign in to follow this  
gavin

Nades

Do the Axis grenades bounce differently than the Allies due to their shape? Just wondering idk if it makes much of a difference

Edited by gavin
  • Upvote 2

21 hours ago, maddog-b said:

cooking greatly enhances the tactical function of grenades they are pretty pointless without it

The problem with being able to cook nades is that they get waaay to overpowered with it. There is a reason why nade cooking was removed from CoD4 with promod.

I sincerely hope they never implement nade cooking as that would ruin the competitive scene.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, damp said:

There is a reason why nade cooking was removed from CoD4 with promod.

It was removed in PAM way back before Promod was released. And to be precise here, It was removed few years earlier when PAM for COD2 came to life ;) Also no grenade cooking in vCOD back in 2003.

Edited by craven.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, damp said:

The problem with being able to cook nades is that they get waaay to overpowered with it. There is a reason why nade cooking was removed from CoD4 with promod.

I sincerely hope they never implement nade cooking as that would ruin the competitive scene.

well why not just remove them all together then

Playing for the last couple of weeks I haven't come across a grenade yet I couldn't just run away from and assuming at some stage I run into a spot where someone threw a grenade at 5-10secs ago, isn't it just going to be pure luck they get a kill, you want a competitive scene where kills are based on pure luck?

40 minutes ago, craven. said:

It was removed in PAM way back before Promod was released. And to be precise here, It was removed few years earlier when PAM for COD2 came to life ;) Also no grenade cooking in vCOD back in 2003.

lol thank god awe and TW mods put that right :D vanilla sucked without the mods pretty graphics (for the day) but gameplay was average.

• Downvote 2

On 2/24/2018 at 10:46 PM, maddog-b said:

well why not just remove them all together then

Playing for the last couple of weeks I haven't come across a grenade yet I couldn't just run away from and assuming at some stage I run into a spot where someone threw a grenade at 5-10secs ago, isn't it just going to be pure luck they get a kill, you want a competitive scene where kills are based on pure luck?

If that is true, then you haven't played versus players who know how to use nades. With the correct angle on a nade, then you won't be able to run.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Exactly.  If you understand how cook and to use grenades properly,  they are extremely effective.  As it stands right now without cooking grenades, getting a kill with one is more chance than skill.  A good example would be Manorhouse map.  If someone is up in the sniper window and you are below them, with no shooting angle, you can toss a grenade in the window, but it will most likely be ineffective because they would have plenty of time to just run from the nade before it goes off.  If the grenade was cooked first, then chucked it into the window, you could time it to go off so that whoever is up in the window has no chance to run.  That's the difference between cooking and not cooking.  Cooking improves effectiveness,.  Not cooking relegates effectiveness to chance.  I prefer to play in a way to improve my chances, not relegate them.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

On 3/9/2018 at 6:08 PM, 509thTactical said:

Exactly.  If you understand how cook and to use grenades properly,  they are extremely effective.  As it stands right now without cooking grenades, getting a kill with one is more chance than skill.  A good example would be Manorhouse map.  If someone is up in the sniper window and you are below them, with no shooting angle, you can toss a grenade in the window, but it will most likely be ineffective because they would have plenty of time to just run from the nade before it goes off.  If the grenade was cooked first, then chucked it into the window, you could time it to go off so that whoever is up in the window has no chance to run.  That's the difference between cooking and not cooking.  Cooking improves effectiveness,.  Not cooking relegates effectiveness to chance.  I prefer to play in a way to improve my chances, not relegate them.

No, not exactly. We should not be able to cook nades because that removes all skill from using nades. If you know how to angle a nade, you can get kills without people dodging it.

Nades should never be cookable. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

I see.  Well, in over 18 years, I've never heard anyone proclaim that learning how to properly cook nades and use them that way is less skillful/effective than not.  Secondly, just because a nade is cookable doesn't mean you have to use it that way, does it?   So why is it you care so much that nades be uncookable if personally, you aren't going to cook them to use them anyway?

• Upvote 4

Sometimes you need to take out grenade and aim at freaking cloud before you throw it, won't do that if grenade is already cooking. I thought we have explained to you already why cooking grenades will not happen' in B44?

Edited by craven.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, craven. said:

Sometimes you need to take out grenade and aim at freaking cloud before you throw it, won't do that if grenade is already cooking. I thought we have explained to you already why cooking grenades will not happen' in B44?

I haven't seen any explanation ,just a few folks saying "it shouldn't be that way" but the reasons don't make sense, and ofc those who say it are of fixed mind so no point in giving the reasons why they use nonsense arguments against it.

For some of us this game will need to be about emersion, to keep us involvedplaying long term, and such unrealistic things as non cookable nades will prevent that causing dwindling numbers earlier than they should.

oh and if there is any success in the bat1944 story,  nade cooking will happen, just as it did with cod1 if fact for cod1 after 12 months there were very few servers that weren't running  AWE or Total War mods which both had cookable nades.

On ‚Äé05‚Äé/‚Äé03‚Äé/‚Äé2018 at 6:17 AM, damp said:

If that is true, then you haven't played versus players who know how to use nades. With the correct angle on a nade, then you won't be able to run.

that's possibly the most idiotic statement ever made on these forums, the suggestion that a skill based shooter should force the player to spend any time looking up to the clouds instead of looking in front for targets to shoot.......

• Downvote 3

50 minutes ago, maddog-b said:

the suggestion that a skill based shooter should force the player to spend any time looking up to the clouds instead of looking in front for targets to shoot.......

Obviously you have no idea what you're talking about so I'll just leave you there. Having good tactical nades is one of the key factors of overall "skill" in any game that includes them in gameplay. You are talking about some fanmade mods running on public servers while there was no grenade cooking in any competitive incarnation of Call of Duty. Want grenade cooking? Fine, make a mod and install it on your server. Don't expect it in the vanilla game though, Battalion 44 is supposed to reach mainly the competitive scene, it's being prepared directly for leagues, cups and lans. 

Edited by craven.
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

13 hours ago, 509thTactical said:

I see.  Well, in over 18 years, I've never heard anyone proclaim that learning how to properly cook nades and use them that way is less skillful/effective than not.  Secondly, just because a nade is cookable doesn't mean you have to use it that way, does it?   So why is it you care so much that nades be uncookable if personally, you aren't going to cook them to use them anyway?

I see what you mean, but as far as I heard most of the community , including devs are against this.
Simply because of the fact it is OP as F*#K.

No matter where you're running, standing, walking ... If a cooked nade lands next to you, you're dead. This isn't skillful at all. Anyone can cook and throw a nade.

This could also make people just suicide bombing certain areas to win a round... 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 509thTactical said:

Are you even serious right now? Cooking nades makes it so easy to use nades that it is not even fun. If you in eighteen years (!) have not seen that makes me wonder if you ever played competitive cod (or similar games). Nadecooking was removed from CoD4 for a reason.

If I could cook nades, I would do it. All the time. Because it is so freaking overpowered.

11 hours ago, maddog-b said:

that's possibly the most idiotic statement ever made on these forums, the suggestion that a skill based shooter should force the player to spend any time looking up to the clouds instead of looking in front for targets to shoot.......

Boy are you trying to play the wrong game.

• Downvote 1

11 hours ago, craven. said:

Obviously you have no idea what you're talking about so I'll just leave you there. Having good tactical nades is one of the key factors of overall "skill" in any game that includes them in gameplay. You are talking about some fanmade mods running on public servers while there was no grenade cooking in any competitive incarnation of Call of Duty. Want grenade cooking? Fine, make a mod and install it on your server. Don't expect it in the vanilla game though, Battalion 44 is supposed to reach mainly the competitive scene, it's being prepared directly for leagues, cups and lans. 

why is such a simple statement beyond the grasp of your mentality? "having good tactical grenades"??? without cooking there is no tactical use of grenades, there is guessing where a target might be in 6 seconds, that is not a tactic in any interpretation of the word.

all this going on about grenades being OP, well if they are,  surely there is just as much risk to the guy cooking as there is to any one else, suiciders? no reason to not code penalties into the game for anyone doing this in cod 1 my friend coded a mod that kicked the player from the server after 3 concurrent suicides,.

as I said when you look at the arguments against, they really do turn out to be nonsense

• Downvote 1

5 hours ago, FrosteR said:

I can't believe people actually suggest cooknades.

Yeah, there are like three of them ;D 

"without cooking there is no tactical use of grenades"

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by craven.
  • Like 3

Wow, it took you really long to come up with that. Because you still can't comprehend why grenades have such big tactical factor, maybe you should just change the game? 

Edited by craven.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

14 hours ago, FrosteR said:

I can't believe people actually suggest cooknades.

Well, I understand it if that was the last thing you did enjoy in "old games"..

I was good at nade cooking as well.. and that means it's not that of a skill xD

So it should NOT be possible to cook them, but I understand why he suggests :)