Sign in to follow this  
gavin

Nades

On 13. 3. 2018 at 1:02 PM, maddog-b said:

without cooking there is no tactical use of grenades, there is guessing where a target might be in 6 seconds, that is not a tactic in any interpretation of the word.

Have you ever heard of something called map control? Blocking enemy from reaching certain area of map before you could get there to get better positions than them? Have you played atleast one competitive match on Liberation, Coastal or Derailed? Exactly these tactic nades are skillful, not just noobishly running to an area where you know there are some enemies with cooked grenade in your hand and instakilling them.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

10 minutes ago, hitzoR said:

Have you ever heard of something called map control? Blocking enemy from reaching certain area of map before you could get there to get better positions than them? Have you played atleast one competitive match on Liberation, Coastal or Derailed? Exactly these tactic nades are skillful, not just noobishly running to an area where you know there are some enemies with cooked grenade in your hand and instakilling them.

Yeah, we use nades for positioning on maps like that as well.  

As far as the "running to an area where you know there are some enemies with a cooked grenade in your hand and instakilling them" is just as you described it, a noobish move regardless of the style of play or game philosophy.  Why would you do that when throwing works?  Unless they are a trouble maker of some sort I suppose or a complete noob.

• Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, 509thTactical said:

Yeah, we use nades for positioning on maps like that as well.  

So you are negating what you just wrote in the previous post? Since obviously you say that there actually is tactical use of grenades without cooking.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I am including all things tactical.  I'm not negating anything.  Of course you can use an uncooked nade tactically.  You can also use cooked nades tactically as well.  It depends on your style of play and game philosophy and strategy.  If I am about to clear a room and I don't want to be caught in the middle of a reload on a garand,  I would prefer a cooked nade over an uncooked nade.  If I am clearing and controlling areas further away, an uncooked nades work tactically as well.  Again, it depends on what you are doing, which tool works best.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

On ‎16‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 12:13 AM, 509thTactical said:

I am including all things tactical.  I'm not negating anything.  Of course you can use an uncooked nade tactically.  You can also use cooked nades tactically as well.  It depends on your style of play and game philosophy and strategy.  If I am about to clear a room and I don't want to be caught in the middle of a reload on a garand,  I would prefer a cooked nade over an uncooked nade.  If I am clearing and controlling areas further away, an uncooked nades work tactically as well.  Again, it depends on what you are doing, which tool works best.

as I said you are wasting your time trying to explain to those with fixed minds, obviously it is far more skilfull to handle cookable grenades full stop, you have to select the grenade, pull the pin at the right time then throw at the right time in the right direction, a lot to balance

if you are using them as suggested to keep an area clear this is a very tricky thing to do unless the nades are uncookable then you simply select and sling but ofc the enemy knows that and will counter with a  similar sling meaning you can't progress any further to the so called "better position" any way pretty much making them useless.

As stated the only argument against so far is noobish suicide bomber type use, something that can easily be countered in many ways so a nonsense argument.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

11 minutes ago, maddog-b said:

if you are using them as suggested to keep an area clear this is a very tricky thing to do unless the nades are uncookable then you simply select and sling but ofc the enemy knows that and will counter with a  similar sling meaning you can't progress any further to the so called "better position" any way pretty much making them useless.

So you say that it's possible to slow down axis players on their way to B side at Derailed for example? I got around 10 years of experience with CoD2, while playing last 3 or 4 at highest level and I know that it isn't as easy as you say so, because every map has different layout and on some places there simply isn't option to throw anti-rush nades to one side, while other side can anti-rush nade you.

You are writing that explaining to people with fixed mind is waste of time, but you have fixed mind too, as I see.

This discussion is pointless tbh. Maddog, you'll never see grenade cooking in a competitive game, get over it. Feel free to mod it and install on your server.

yeah, downvote me. 

Edited by craven.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2