Drizzy

Game's Dead guys..

20 minutes ago, adze said:

Sorry to disappoint you, but you are delusional.
Let me remind you of few things:
- They didn't notice during the 2 years (or more) of development stage that card system won't work (LOL).
- They didn't think the game needs VOIP system and ranked system from the beginning.
-They couldn't fix the VOIP system eversince they added it
--- first: you couldn't see whos talking and the quality sucks
--- second:they made a hud for it, but you can only see it on 16:9 :DDDD but the sound quality still bad
- They didn't notice during the development stage that weaponbalance is fucked up
- They can't fix crashes eversince they pushed to EA
- The whole game is a 13gb .pak file :DDDDDDDD
- and this list could be endless

These guys have NO idea what they are doing, probably watching youtube videos with notepad open and using google "basic pascal"

Far from it kid, i gave up playing Battalion because as much as i wanted to like the game it's just so bad atm so i'm in agreement with you to a degree but you got to give the Dev's some time to fix stuff.

• Upvote 1

You can't even choose the map you want to play on ranked. Manorhouse 4 times in a row and you want to delete this game. 

EDIT: 5th time now, 2 of which played yesterday. How does this shit picks maps?

Edited by craven.

Player counts speak volumes, especially in this case since the decline was caused almost exclusively by the gameplay mechanics. Obviously if so many people wanted promod 2.0 there would've been still at least 10k daily peak players left from the initial 16k. However that's not the case and truth be told it's the very vocal minority wanting the game to be promod 2.0 while a much larger chunk of people who played and supported the game want something else. This has nothing to do with speed of bug fixes rather than taking a step back and thinking over if changing some mechanics is really that bad of an idea.

• Upvote 7

12 hours ago, Tygrys said:

Player counts speak volumes, especially in this case since the decline was caused almost exclusively by the gameplay mechanics. Obviously if so many people wanted promod 2.0 there would've been still at least 10k daily peak players left from the initial 16k. However that's not the case and truth be told it's the very vocal minority wanting the game to be promod 2.0 while a much larger chunk of people who played and supported the game want something else. This has nothing to do with speed of bug fixes rather than taking a step back and thinking over if changing some mechanics is really that bad of an idea.

I agree. I'm still playing at this moment but if i sometimes read the posts of brammer i'm not sure if we will be allright for the future. 

I dno what it is but his answers are sometimes i don't really have the word for it but maybe some sort of arrogance that will not be in our favour i guess. I don't feel they are taking this topic rly serious, but i think most people in this topic are trying to help the game and trying to ring the bell u know. 

Ofcourse the game can have a setback before it will grow again, but now yesterday basically primetime 1300 it's getting less and less. During the day it's even hard to find a game atm. I'm not sure if a full launch will save this game in the end if nothing happens. How big is this promod loving community actually that are going to play this game? People from promod and cod 2 will get older and older. How will this game be loved by people who never played promod or cod2? I'm not sure but I think this game should be more build on raw skill and competitiveness over making nice fragvideo's with bs shots. Also i hope the card system get's better fast. Because there are 2 much games when it's almost impossible to get back especially when u are playing with a random team, there is no fun about that. 

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Tygrys said:

The biggest decline was because of server issues and not being able to play, not because of the game mechanics. This might aound weird but this forum is the only place that is full of people trying to change the core mechanics of the game. This is probably the reason why the devs aren't as active here. Seeing that this thread is still alive and going is ridiculous, this forum lost almost all it's credibility and it only represents a small, but very vocal group of players that are unhappy with the current state of the game.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

21 minutes ago, waxzR said:

The biggest decline was because of server issues and not being able to play, not because of the game mechanics. This might aound weird but this forum is the only place that is full of people trying to change the core mechanics of the game. This is probably the reason why the devs aren't as active here. Seeing that this thread is still alive and going is ridiculous, this forum lost almost all it's credibility and it only represents a small, but very vocal group of players that are unhappy with the current state of the game.

exactly people here think they are the only people that play the game when in fact most players that do and will play the game wont come on here... and most decent players utilize/adapt to the game mechanics... people dont like that been said but it is fact.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, plusONE Jumq said:

I was surprised to see a lot more feedback / interaction on Reddit than these forums lately. I'd be less inclined to post any issues / bugs or similar on there.

Forum's users are not worth paying attention to. Let's talk with extraordinary reddit people only.

• Like 1

I have no idea why Reddit or whatever would apparently have precedence over this forum, this forum being the space the devs set up for their community.  The question is where should those who have concerns, and suggestions state those views, if not on the game's official forum?   It may be disheartening to see criticism of something you've worked on for a very long time.  Unfortunately the internet has often become an antisocial place full of keyboard warriors, but if you can look beyond the vocal minority who are prepared to express a view, you can see a trend.

Many who buy early access don't understand what they are buying.  Selling it cheaply also results in many buying in who perhaps shouldn't.  We know there was a very difficult time as the game started early access due to servers, but then many AAA titles on full release have had disastrous server problems.  So that isn't the problem.

Ultimately this comes down to whether or not you, as a player, like a game, and the style of play.   There has become a heavy focus on competitive e-sports.  Long term that might aid marketing of the game, but gaming communities need to adopt the game for it to become popular, and surely to become a successful e-sports title the masses would first need to be wanting to play?  The question is therefore, what is the target market / buyer / player for Battalion and is Battalion, as it stands today, meeting that expectation?

With many games after the first few days of initial launch there will be a drop off of player numbers.  The question for the devs must be if this is something they see as within tolerance, or indicative of wider problems?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, johnoboro said:

exactly people here think they are the only people that play the game when in fact most players that do and will play the game wont come on here... and most decent players utilize/adapt to the game mechanics... people dont like that been said but it is fact.

It's good you say most decent players, because yesterday I watched a video from Dust. He was discussing Battalion 1944 with Davy(former Tek9) and LeX(former CS:GO pro) and both criticized some game mechanics. What do you think of the game mechanics right now? What would you like to see changed?

1 hour ago, Kannon Fodda said:

I have no idea why Reddit or whatever would apparently have precedence over this forum, this forum being the space the devs set up for their community.  The question is where should those who have concerns, and suggestions state those views, if not on the game's official forum?   It may be disheartening to see criticism of something you've worked on for a very long time.  Unfortunately the internet has often become an antisocial place full of keyboard warriors, but if you can look beyond the vocal minority who are prepared to express a view, you can see a trend.

Many who buy early access don't understand what they are buying.  Selling it cheaply also results in many buying in who perhaps shouldn't.  We know there was a very difficult time as the game started early access due to servers, but then many AAA titles on full release have had disastrous server problems.  So that isn't the problem.

Ultimately this comes down to whether or not you, as a player, like a game, and the style of play.   There has become a heavy focus on competitive e-sports.  Long term that might aid marketing of the game, but gaming communities need to adopt the game for it to become popular, and surely to become a successful e-sports title the masses would first need to be wanting to play?  The question is therefore, what is the target market / buyer / player for Battalion and is Battalion, as it stands today, meeting that expectation?

With many games after the first few days of initial launch there will be a drop off of player numbers.  The question for the devs must be if this is something they see as within tolerance, or indicative of wider problems?

The game won't change it's mechanics, people most people on here can't accept that and keep arguing. To be honest 90% of the opinions on here aren't worth a cent for the devs. This weird strafejumpshooting poll already shows what the majority of this forum is like and most of those people aren't the target audience. The people this game needs as a playerbase are on reddit, it doesn't matter that this is the official forum if it is populated by players who try to remove sprint or jumpshooting just because they can't adapt to a different playstyle.

• Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, waxzR said:

The game won't change it's mechanics, people most people on here can't accept that and keep arguing. To be honest 90% of the opinions on here aren't worth a cent for the devs. This weird strafejumpshooting poll already shows what the majority of this forum is like and most of those people aren't the target audience. The people this game needs as a playerbase are on reddit, it doesn't matter that this is the official forum if it is populated by players who try to remove sprint or jumpshooting just because they can't adapt to a different playstyle.

So the devs are basically in their own Reddit bubble where every fan boy is praising a faulty game. If they only listen to the somewhat isolated player base on Reddit, they'll miss a lot of feedback and therefore they'll loose plenty of potential players. The game will be dead if the next Update won't fix a few of the issues that were discussed over and over on this forum. 

1k players during peak hours worldwide, WORLDWIDE!

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, Thunder_Buddy said:

So the devs are basically in their own Reddit bubble where every fan boy is praising a faulty game. If they only listen to the somewhat isolated player base on Reddit, they'll miss a lot of feedback and therefore they'll loose plenty of potential players. The game will be dead if the next Update won't fix a few of the issues that were discussed over and over on this forum. 

1k players during peak hours worldwide, WORLDWIDE!

I replied but looks like my reply was eaten by the internet lol. 1k players is perfectly fine for an EA build that is meant to be a testing version. As the devs said: We are playing to help the development or get a head start, we are not playing to experience a fully developed game for the masses. People had the wrong expectations and left, but it's not like the game "died". It can't even die if it was never meant to be alive anyway. Brammer also asked streamers not to stream the game in it's current state. Furthermore, the devs are not in a reddit bubble, you guys are in a forum bubble that is all about the mechanics. The major streamers liked the gameplay but the long queues and the constant crashes turned them away. Now the game has the "broken game" stigma attached to it. So stability is the number one priority right now, then comes gameplay (balance, NOT changing mechanics). Once this stigma is proven to be wrong and the game has a steong foundation, the marketing can begin again. THEN the numbers will matter. Right now there are enough people believing in it's future, sp that casual players are welcome, but not necessarily needed.

2 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

It's good you say most decent players, because yesterday I watched a video from Dust. He was discussing Battalion 1944 with Davy(former Tek9) and LeX(former CS:GO pro) and both criticized some game mechanics. What do you think of the game mechanics right now? What would you like to see changed?

not much really tbh its more the little things that bother me like edges of object when it cant decide if your up or down. the fall damage is too high. jumping on things is a bit awkward sometime like if you jump twice in quick the second jump isnt high enough to slide a veer mat under ya guy lol, that prone glitch where the head flashes up above the bomb or whatever just for a millisecond.... then the exaggerated peakers disadvantage when leaning which they have already said will be lowered a bit so its a smaller disadvantage... then the lagcompensation thats giving high pingers the advantage which leads to being killed when your behind cover. again something that is getting addressed next patch... wouldnt mind even smoother movement but is not bad

• Upvote 1

I don't care about post's on Reddit or this forum, one isn't better than the other so i have no idea why that was even brought up as it has no effect on the real facts which is how many players are actually playing the game.

The decline in players speaks volumes. You can dress it up as you wish but the real facts are interest has either been lost or set aside.

It will pick up again with the release of the patch in March but who knows which way it will go thereafter.

• Downvote 1

33 minutes ago, Excel said:

I don't care about post's on Reddit or this forum, one isn't better than the other so i have no idea why that was even brought up as it has no effect on the real facts which is how many players are actually playing the game.

The decline in players speaks volumes. You can dress it up as you wish but the real facts are interest has either been lost or set aside.

It will pick up again with the release of the patch in March but who knows which way it will go thereafter.

how much as it declined from day 3 till now? not that much the decline people speak of is the decline from release.. which indicates most people arnt playing because they couldnt get games and kept crashing. and then theres the players that dont play much maybe once or twice a week... a year away from actual release with 75% marketing budget left player numbers are nothing at all to worry about.

21 hours ago, Tygrys said:

Exactly!

If i was a dev and saw 90% of my player base  stop playing altogether or refund the game since release, i would start to wonder if the game was not what it could be and perhaps it needs changes 

The steady decline of players is bad but the thousands of negative posts shows that players are not happy with the current game set up, yes its EA but the devs dont even respond to posts on this forum and have abandoned the steam forums  because of the overwhelming negative posts ...the funny thing we could not shut them up before release 

Now fan boys you can argue for this game all they want but the fact is this game could be a huge amount more popular than it is and they may not have a game to play if the current trend carries on

This game may not be lost yet the devs have still got a chance to turn it around, but of course i don't think that will happen because this is the exact game play the devs always intended to produce, and even though it advertised as a cod remake it was a clever ploy to get players interested in the a game that seems like it was never going to be

Edited by Sneak1961
  • Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, johnoboro said:

how much as it declined from day 3 till now? not that much the decline people speak of is the decline from release.. which indicates most people arnt playing because they couldnt get games and kept crashing. and then theres the players that dont play much maybe once or twice a week... a year away from actual release with 75% marketing budget left player numbers are nothing at all to worry about.

Losing on average 400 - 500 players per day since EA release should be enough for concern.

There are currently 1300 playing as i type this and you say there's nothing to worry about?

The people who bought the game initially are the player base Bat1944 needed and they are the ones who have been put off so who else will be buying this game other than the original backers and purchasers of the game. What i mean is who will be their target audience because as i see it there are around 15k of players not bothering with it atm.

I just hope things will turn around because this game is what clans and community's need to help grow the PC gamers back to how it used to be or near as possible.

12 minutes ago, Excel said:

Losing on average 400 - 500 players per day since EA release should be enough for concern.

There are currently 1300 playing as i type this and you say there's nothing to worry about?

The people who bought the game initially are the player base Bat1944 needed and they are the ones who have been put off so who else will be buying this game other than the original backers and purchasers of the game. What i mean is who will be their target audience because as i see it there are around 15k of players not bothering with it atm.

I just hope things will turn around because this game is what clans and community's need to help grow the PC gamers back to how it used to be or near as possible.

I honestly believe this game will turn around. Unlike the old CoDs you have active development. We're going to get many more maps 2 in the coming months at least (the other maps are also being redone), the netcode has been sorted, smgs are being nerfed a little, It's not been released proper yet (1 year off) and we're yet to get the entire clan system built in.  

Just imagine what it will be like once modding is out with community mods and maps for servers.  

What I feel is needed is an ability to click to jump straight to a clan server from the main menu. That would massively increase the casual gamer experience.

2 minutes ago, johnoboro said:

the game is nowhere near finished lmao its not losing 500 players a day either haha madness

It is losing around 5% of the previous days total.

• Upvote 1

dont worry about it, game will be fine. for a small team of what about 5 people with a year to go 75% marketing budget to go for a game that alot of people are having problems with that will be fixed is nothing even slightly to worry about lol. after march 8ths update some of them will come back its always gunna drop off alot before it picks up its pretty much common sense

1 minute ago, johnoboro said:

dont worry about it, game will be fine. for a small team of what about 5 people with a year to go 75% marketing budget to go for a game that alot of people are having problems with that will be fixed is nothing even slightly to worry about lol. after march 8ths update some of them will come back its always gunna drop off alot before it picks up its pretty much common sense

I have no problem with it. It's actually a proper EA rather than a megacorps EA. I think once there are 3 or 4 new maps, with the additional fixes and relighting/reskinning of current maps changed, the game will be hitting 4-5k at peak. 
But I don't want to try to be a fanboy and say the game is incredible right now. It's got great potential and it works well but there is loads of work needed.

new map march 8th update aswell as big improvement in netcode... liberation has new lighting and room opened up on b site manorhouse has a v3 incoming... not sure on date for liberation and manorhouse but from what i gather they are ready or thereabout so they will probs come with may 8th.... crashes and stuff are getting alot less regular i havnt had a crash for about 10 days.... i actually like the game as it is so it can only get better when improvements are made....