Jump to content
Drizzy

Game's Dead guys..

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, SirBob said:

They lost me when I read this. A game with so many bugs and now this?

Money monkeys are what we are and I do know that's it's external hostet, but at least casual players now know where to sit.

Today we are happy to announce the first official Battalion 1944 LAN event as part of the UK Masters at Insomnia62

  • 1st place: £5000
  • 2nd place: £2500
  • 3rd place: £1750
  • 4th place: £750

Please explain. I would understand your frustration if this was organized by Bulkhead, but, like you said, this is done by an external host. So I don't really understand what the problem is? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SirBob said:

They lost me when I read this. A game with so many bugs and now this?

Money monkeys are what we are and I do know that's it's external hostet, but at least casual players now know where to sit.

Today we are happy to announce the first official Battalion 1944 LAN event as part of the UK Masters at Insomnia62

  • 1st place: £5000
  • 2nd place: £2500
  • 3rd place: £1750
  • 4th place: £750

going a stretch too far with this dev bashing. next it'll be Bulkhead's fault when it rains.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Please explain. I would understand your frustration if this was organized by Bulkhead, but, like you said, this is done by an external host. So I don't really understand what the problem is? 

Never mind, I had to make some hard decisions at work today and was probably frustrated for another reason. Sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yo real quick is Na dead or is the que system fucked? Like I've tried at 10 am, 12 pm, 6 pm, 9 pm and11 pm est and can not get into a game with my friends. doesn't matter if its un-ranked arcade or ranked, it just searches for like 5 minutes then says match is ready and its allocating server but nothing happens. This goes on for like 45mins to a hour?? Is this a lack of players or is it broken right now? I go on euro servers and its instant even at like 11pm east coast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, kodo said:

Yo real quick is Na dead or is the que system fucked? Like I've tried at 10 am, 12 pm, 6 pm, 9 pm and11 pm est and can not get into a game with my friends. doesn't matter if its un-ranked arcade or ranked, it just searches for like 5 minutes then says match is ready and its allocating server but nothing happens. This goes on for like 45mins to a hour?? Is this a lack of players or is it broken right now? I go on euro servers and its instant even at like 11pm east coast


I have the same issues today. Had the same problem yesterday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kodo said:

Yo real quick is Na dead or is the que system fucked? Like I've tried at 10 am, 12 pm, 6 pm, 9 pm and11 pm est and can not get into a game with my friends. doesn't matter if its un-ranked arcade or ranked, it just searches for like 5 minutes then says match is ready and its allocating server but nothing happens. This goes on for like 45mins to a hour?? Is this a lack of players or is it broken right now? I go on euro servers and its instant even at like 11pm east coast

The game is played by 2k players at the same time, what do you expect? :DD

Bulkhead fucked up so hard with this game :D

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im sick of this game!! 

the constant bouncing around corners and having perfect accuracy!!

its actual joke.. smgs have hardly any recoil.. can chuck loads of bullets into people without even having to try to control it.

no flinching when you get hit.. 

thing is if you said its early access then no. they have decided with this gameplay and thats final but personally i wont be playing anymore.
its become boring very fast.

  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Elemeno said:

im sick of this game!! 

the constant bouncing around corners and having perfect accuracy!!

its actual joke.. smgs have hardly any recoil.. can chuck loads of bullets into people without even having to try to control it.

no flinching when you get hit.. 

thing is if you said its early access then no. they have decided with this gameplay and thats final but personally i wont be playing anymore.
its become boring very fast.

I see you are a 'Humble Bundle Backer'. Was Battalion always this type of gameplay? Or didn't you play alpha/early beta? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

I see you are a 'Humble Bundle Backer'. Was Battalion always this type of gameplay? Or didn't you play alpha/early beta? 

Ye it was kinda the same. Difference is u can play everyday now and @ alpha you were Always hyped for a new weekend. So now some things u see them everyday so they might annoy people :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/02/2018 at 9:47 AM, Waza said:

They need to fix the netcode issues before we can really see if that is a real concern to the game play though. It has been demonstrated and I have personally observed the "desync" between players. This is a part of why good angles and fast paced SMG corner jumping are so powerful right now.

this^^  this area needs improving the most at the moment for obvious reasons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Elemeno said:

im sick of this game!! 

the constant bouncing around corners and having perfect accuracy!!

its actual joke.. smgs have hardly any recoil.. can chuck loads of bullets into people without even having to try to control it.

no flinching when you get hit.. 

thing is if you said its early access then no. they have decided with this gameplay and thats final but personally i wont be playing anymore.
its become boring very fast.

So funny,

 

Its a freaking Early Acces game! Anything can be changed.. Give it some time man srsly..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, scythe said:

So funny,

 

Its a freaking Early Acces game! Anything can be changed.. Give it some time man srsly..

This attitude is cancer, srsly. Give how much time exactly? Just check out the player count decreasing each day. I don't know how many times I said this before, but your attitude is literally killing the game...

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, adze said:

This attitude is cancer, srsly. Give how much time exactly? Just check out the player count decreasing each day. I don't know how many times I said this before, but your attitude is literally killing the game...

We'll see.

  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scythe said:

Its a freaking Early Acces game! Anything can be changed.. Give it some time man srsly..

You are one of the few people I've seen that is patient, but you also need to be realistic. How many people are like you? The reality, in my opinion, is that most people don't have patience. Just look at the playerbase declining. I don't think most people will give the game another year in the hopes that it will turn into something they like . That means that Bulkhead needs to hurry to turn the tide. Especially when there are other competitive shooters available and other WW2 games are coming out in the near future. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They have around 75% of their marketing budget available for full release. Don't quote me, but I heard that on Brammer's stream.

You all bought the game at a 50% discount to beta test it. That is the reality of early access. Stop being so entitled to think that 15$ will buy you slave workers that will create YOUR 'idea' of the perfect game. 

I have trouble actively listening to players whine about 'balance' when they have 15 hours or so of the game under their belt. It tilts me, but at the same time, I understand their point of view.

Early access is just not the place to be if you are a casual player and you expect everything to be done as quickly as a AAA title. tbh they've been doing pretty darn well for a team of 20(?).

 

on a different note, i'm enjoying the game :)

 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

You are one of the few people I've seen that is patient, but you also need to be realistic. How many people are like you? The reality, in my opinion, is that most people don't have patience. Just look at the playerbase declining. I don't think most people will give the game another year in the hopes that it will turn into something they like . That means that Bulkhead needs to hurry to turn the tide. Especially when there are other competitive shooters available and other WW2 games are coming out in the near future. 

I should have stopped when I discovered that it was cod4 promod in ww2 skin. I chose to try to see it in the positive way. It did not work and I do not think the game will be any different in the future. So I move on. This game and players don't need one like me who are not a 100% believer. Thank you all for being friendly. This forum has been a pleasure. Take care.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

they cant of quit because of lack of player base 16000 the first day or something like that lol.... most people are in a strop over the bugs like not being able to find a game the first 2 days and theres a good few in a strop about gamestyle despite knowing a few month ago it was gunna play like promod. its roughly a year away from release and marketing has barely started yet. players will come in a few month then plenty more after its release

Edited by johnoboro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, rekon said:

Games a flop poorly advertised and everyone quit within a week not due to any faults just a lack of player base.

If the game has not fresh ideas, must follow old pro tactics to be semi-good (strafejump+prone etc), even the largest playerbase cannot save it. after 20 days and play only 10% of first day. this number is from members who used to play cod a lot and they followed by 10 years ago nostalgia. None of a new gamers who has not nostalgia of cod have any stimulus for play bt. Motivation to keep playing this game if you are not good enough already from before is unreality. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fun fact:
So many players from Alpha community laughed at LawBreakers for how fast it was dying. Looking at it with such a contempt. It also tried to hit competitive scene. In an oversaturated market.

But for some reason I just can't say that Battalion is in much better situation right now. Most people play it atm only for the sake of nostalgia. If there was an alternative, it would be already dead. 

Edited by DarkMortyr
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DarkMortyr said:

Fun fact:
So many players from Alpha community laughed at LawBreakers for how fast it was dying. Looking at it with such a contempt. It also tried to hit competitive scene. In an oversaturated market. Its hype was nowhere near to what Battalion had. 

But for some reason I just can't say that Battalion is in much better situation right now. Most people play it atm only for the sake of nostalgia. If there was an alternative, it would be already dead. 

lawbreakers was a full release for double the price of Battalion EA but i can see the parallels you have pointed out. there's another trap that i hope Bulkhead are mindful of and that's if they make too many big changes to the game mechanics they will be accused by many of being weak and caving to player pressure similar to what happened with Days of War. i don't think it'll happen but you never know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, adze said:

https://imgur.com/a/xVDwB

There you go, see.

That was taken when people were probably at work and such but as i type this which is a more realistic time frame to see people online playing it has a further 1k people.

 

B1944 Stats3.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Excel said:

That was taken when people were probably at work and such but as i type this which is a more realistic time frame to see people online playing it has a further 1k people.

 

B1944 Stats3.png

MUCH WOW.

The point of that pic was the graph and not the current playercount. However It doesn't really matter cause 1,7k is still WEAK. And probably never going to grow up to stable 10k, which is still shit nowadays, but atleast you could find scrims in a few minutes. Atleast that's what I think after having a taste of bulkheads progression, so unprofessional.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×