Jump to content
Drizzy

Game's Dead guys..

Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, SirBob said:

It would not surprise me if the real purpose of this game is to get the masses to finance the development, but only the pro's to play it. Get it on the professional scene and get sponsored. Then say goodbye to the masses and thank them for the money. The intention is not to create a large online player base, but right now they are needed but not really wanted.

If that's the case it will end up like the 'eSports' scene in COD2 from the last few years. The same teams playing in some small room against eachother for prizes cheaper than their plane ticket. Not really tempting for big companies to sponsor. 

 

 

Edited by Grasshopper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

If that's the case it will end up like the 'eSports' scene in COD2 from the last few years. The same teams playing in some small room against eachother for prizes cheaper than their plane ticket. Not really tempting for big companies to sponsor. 

Maybe I'm totally wrong, but I do not understand the strategy. We are talking about remake of cod4 promod in ww2 skin. Where is the interest in this. It does not work better, it does not look any better, the mechanics are the same and it's hardcore. Only new are card's and "battlepacks". In my opinion the target audience is the same and it is very small.
As an online pub game, I don't think it has any interest as the masses don't want to play an online competition game. It has not worked before and will not work now.
Right now this game is for a very small dedicated group who wants to revive the greatness of the past , hoping it will become greater than before.
Again maybe I'm wrong and it's just my opinion.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, SirBob said:
Vielleicht bin ich völlig falsch, aber ich verstehe nicht die Strategie. Wir reden Remake von cod4 Promod in ww2 Haut. Wo ist das Interesse an dieser. Es nicht besser funktioniert, sieht es nicht besser, die Mechanik ist die gleiche und es ist hardcore. Sind nur neue Karte und "Battlepacks". Meiner Meinung nach tHe Zielgruppe ist das gleiche und es ist sehr klein.
Als Online-Pub Spiel, ich glaube nicht, es hat kein Interesse, wie die Massen keine Online-Wettbewerb-Spiel spielen möchten. Es hat nicht gearbeitet, bevor und wird jetzt nicht funktionieren.
Gerade jetzt ist dieses Spiel für eine sehr engagierte Gruppe, die will die Größe der Vergangenheit wieder zu beleben, werden hoffen, dass es größer als zuvor.
Wieder vielleicht irre ich mich und es ist nur meine Meinung.

I'm full of you. The game I emphasize too little of cod4. So you can also equal the original from.

think it is a wish to be able to establish the game in the esport scene. For that you need a bigger fan base.

It is very close to the number of players will continue to decrease.

bulkhead gets its reputation ruined by promoting a cod1-2 like game before and now delivers a cod4 like game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SirBob said:

It would not surprise me if the real purpose of this game is to get the masses to finance the development, but only the pro's to play it. Get it on the professional scene and get sponsored. Then say goodbye to the masses and thank them for the money. The intention is not to create a large online player base, but right now they are needed but not really wanted.

It's funny you should say this because i was thinking the exact same thing only two days ago. The reason i was thinking this is because it's only the "competitive" side of the game that ever seems to be focused on and not what the casual gamer wants.

Personally speaking, and i have said this many times before, why don't Bulkhead make a "core base game" for the masses and tweak the comp side as they want in the way of mods as was done many times before with the likes of CoD2 and CoD4.

I would like to think they are listening to people/gamer's in general who will play the game all the time or are we being used to "test" the game for the sponsors lan events etc?

Definitely makes you wonder what their true intentions are but i hope it is aimed more towards the people who made this project possible for them.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Excel said:

Personally speaking, and i have said this many times before, why don't Bulkhead make a "core base game" for the masses and tweak the comp side as they want in the way of mods as was done many times before with the likes of CoD2 and CoD4.

Completely agree. That would make a big difference

23 minutes ago, Excel said:

I would like to think they are listening to people/gamer's in general who will play the game all the time or are we being used to "test" the game for the sponsors lan events etc?

I think that's exactly the purpose and fund raising.

There is nothing that indicates that this is a game for the mases and that is also what is officially announced. We are just many who hope that casual players will be taken care of as we would like to support and play the game to.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Starting to go off the game. The more you play it, the more your realise how far it still has to come. It's obviously in Early Access but something just feels off about it. The movement is sluggish, clunky, not fluid - they can tweak it, but due to the game being built on the Unreal 4 engine, I doubt it will ever feel buttery smooth.

Basic game design is lacking. In smoke you literally cannot see a thing, no even your gun. It's as if they've just put MS Paint over your screen - even when you are just on the edge of a smoke, leaning slightly into it, fully blinded.

As much as it has been fun to play, for me the game isn't really even in a state to go into Early Access.

Edited by Duncan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Duncan said:

The movement is sluggish, clunky, not fluid - they can tweak it, but due to the game being built on the Unreal 4 engine, I doubt it will ever feel buttery smooth.

??????

UE4 is not the problem here.
UE4 is strong enought to allowed better graphics and better movements.

Take a look at these animations (from Hellblade) :

We could also expect better graphics specially if they use photogrametry as they told it.
But graphics is not thier priority.
(IMHO, it is a mistake and i hope they will improve them)

Edited by Soldat Ryan
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Soldat Ryan said:

We could also expect better graphics specially if they use photogrametry as they told it.
But graphics is not thier priority.
(IMHO, it is a mistake and i hope they will improve them)

Interesting, thx for sharing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The game is pretty much what I expected. I hoped for more of a cod2 style movement but I'm sure they will get the weapon and movement balance right at some point. And what comes to the graphics, I think they are very good for a competitive game. It does not run well enough to justify the quality of graphics but for the most part it is very clean looking game which it should be. I have two AMD R9 290s and to my surprise this game runs crossfire already, Still I prefer the lowest graphics quality and turn crossfire off for more consistency.

I always run competitive games at the lowest graphics settings possible while still maintaining clear and clean picture and I don't see a reason why devs should waste time and money adding fancy effects to the game.  I welcome any changes that don't clutter the game with unnecessary effects or textures but the focus should always be on the competitive game play.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Soldat Ryan said:

??????

UE4 is not the problem here.
UE4 is strong enought to allowed better graphics and better movements.

Take a look at these animations (from Hellblade) :

We could also expect better graphics specially if they use photogrametry as they told it.
But graphics is not thier priority.
(IMHO, it is a mistake and i hope they will improve them)

I disagree. I think it was a bad choice building the game on UE4. Yes, games can look AMAZING on UE4 - at the moment Battalion isn't one of them (not that anyone was really expecting it to look incredible). I am not talking about animations, I'm specifically talking about the way movement feels. At the moment it's lacking but as I said, they will improve it over time but I doubt it will ever feel like COD4 for example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i wait for ttk increase, weapon skill and not a reflex hardcore game. i play but i will be full time player when this update come. i think need to wait mod, not sure dev want this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the beggining, the main idea of devs was an old school gamestyle with cod2-4-promod roots. This give us today, after 2.5 weeks some results of the gaming scene of 2018.

From my aspect positives: 

1. dynamic playerbase from cod with already high skill lv. 

2. comp mode that cs player know also, and can easily love bt1944.

3. It is good period for a good fps game. Even better if that game has compettitive visual. 

And negatives: 

1. People who are not burned with cod or haven't play any, cannot play battalion. (the reason is simple. There is no fun for anyone if must learn a ton of stuff like jumpshoot-straifjumps -wallbangs shoots etc which are mechanics and for most of bt1944 people this is 10years routine. Why someone start this game if he know that 8/10players are 10years gamers of that game and knows already everything? how many rounds he will be play before boring of be killed with every mysterious way of long time ago?

2. I am 30y and not cod player and my question is why play bt when i know that i cannot get good lv when most of bt lovers are, and i do not find the fun of that kind of pro- mechanics where put in this game and make game for elite players only. So how dev team expect to increase their playerbase? It is so difficult to stay with old cod players only and from the other hand they have not did anything which can bridged the chaotic difference between old cod players who playing for a decade - old / new players of newest fps games. 

My question/opinion is following from many gamers of my age.  yea. we want good fps game. yes compettitive as well. But, with that old fashion bad mechanics??? no thanks. 

Edited by dr_nikif0r0s
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, dr_nikif0r0s said:

My question/opinion is following from many gamers of my age.  yea. we want good fps game. yes compettitive as well. But, with that old fashion bad mechanics??? no thanks. 

Edited 7 hours ago by dr_nikif0r0s

I'm 51 and have played Cod1/UO/2/4 and although I've spent a lot of time in the past learning this kind of game, it's just not funny anymore.

So I do agree with your point of view about "old fashion mechanics". It is old and it is kind of boring.

With the low TTK it's easy to play and even an inexperienced player can easily kill you.

The mechanics are easily learned and from there on it's just jumping and shooting.

But like any other game, it's hard to master if you want to play 5x5 wartide in a team. Here the good players will really appear, but it's more because of experience.

I play it because it's new and need a break from the other games I'm playing.

What makes this game different is that there are opportunities for teams that have not been seen before and it might be fun, but you may have to be in a team an on TS i order to get the full out of this game. As a online Pub game it needs something else.

In my opinion this game is made by Cod promod fans and is going to be played by Cod promod fans.

Edited by SirBob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, dr_nikif0r0s said:

From the beggining, the main idea of devs was an old school gamestyle with cod2-4-promod roots. This give us today, after 2.5 weeks some results of the gaming scene of 2018.

From my aspect positives: 

1. dynamic playerbase from cod with already high skill lv. 

2. comp mode that cs player know also, and can easily love bt1944.

3. It is good period for a good fps game. Even better if that game has compettitive visual. 

And negatives: 

1. People who are not burned with cod or haven't play any, cannot play battalion. (the reason is simple. There is no fun for anyone if must learn a ton of stuff like jumpshoot-straifjumps -wallbangs shoots etc which are mechanics and for most of bt1944 people this is 10years routine. Why someone start this game if he know that 8/10players are 10years gamers of that game and knows already everything? how many rounds he will be play before boring of be killed with every mysterious way of long time ago?

2. I am 30y and not cod player and my question is why play bt when i know that i cannot get good lv when most of bt lovers are, and i do not find the fun of that kind of pro- mechanics where put in this game and make game for elite players only. So how dev team expect to increase their playerbase? It is so difficult to stay with old cod players only and from the other hand they have not did anything which can bridged the chaotic difference between old cod players who playing for a decade - old / new players of newest fps games. 

My question/opinion is following from many gamers of my age.  yea. we want good fps game. yes compettitive as well. But, with that old fashion bad mechanics??? no thanks. 

I am 30 years old, casual cod1 and competitive cod2 and to a lesser extent cod4 player. I suck at strafe jumping, my aim is good 25% of the time and I find it hard to concentrate to competitive gameplay unless I play in tournaments. Still I would say that battalion is very much different from the other titles. The map design is new to me, there are way too many angles to consider when moving trough the map and I have a really hard time understanding the decisions many enemy players make which often causes problems for me.

Around 50% of the players are vastly better than I am at this game. Partly because I haven't really played competitive FPS since clanbase went under and partly because I don't have a dedicated team to play with. Still I improve every time I play. I hate the idea of strafe jumping yet I constantly practice it and I know that some day I will be proficient with it. 

I don't like the jump shooting either, but it is part of the game. They need to fix the netcode issues before we can really see if that is a real concern to the game play though. It has been demonstrated and I have personally observed the "desync" between players. This is a part of why good angles and fast paced SMG corner jumping are so powerful right now. That is pretty much what the pros do in this game.

Instead of just outright removing the hard to master or annoying mechanics, I think we need to give developers the time to fix real issues and tune the mechanics before jumping(xD) into conclusions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Waza said:

Instead of just outright removing the hard to master or annoying mechanics, I think we need to give developers the time to fix real issues and tune the mechanics before jumping(xD) into conclusions.

I fully agree, otherwise i wouldn't be here. They have a year to get right, but they could be running out of time considering the number of players and all the bad reviews on steam.

Right now a solution must be found that can change the attitude towards this game otherwise it will be uphill in the future.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×