Drizzy

Game's Dead guys..

1 hour ago, badnewz said:

That sounds like a problem with the people and not the devs. 

LOL

Let's get something straight, people who play the game are the customers. They buy the game, they buy the skins, bigger playersbase = more advertisement, etc so the devs will get their salary BECAUSE people play the game. If there is nobody left to play the game - which means no income for the devs - , you can shove your game up into your ass. So devs better do what the majority wants because their income depend on the player numbers.
Yes, welcome to the real world. This is how it works.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Don Camillo said:

This jump shoot must be removed in this form. as well as the hardcore similar mode

This is my opinion and also what I can read everywhere.

+1

I think It's primarily what casual player wants, but not what competition players want, why 90% have left the game. I would also guess that less than 10% of players today are competition oriented, and that's probably much lower.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, SirBob said:

+1

I think It's primarily what casual player wants, but not what competition players want, why 90% have left the game. I would also guess that less than 10% of players today are competition oriented, and that's probably much lower.

So according to you only competitive players like jumpshooting, while on the other hand casual players are against it. So how is it possible that Call of Duty has had jumpshooting for more than 10 years and it's one of the most played games out there?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Exactly, as I've said before, it's the trend in the player numbers that is concerning. There has been a drop already of 85% in the number of players regularly playing since EA. If some people are too blind to see this as an indication in the number of people turned off by the game's current core mechanics, then they will be in for a nasty surprise come real launch. Catering to a niche of "competitive" gamers is never going to be sustainable financially for the long term future of Battalion. 

Zane, I think a lot of people aren't saying to remove jumpshooting completely, because as you say it was in CoD1 and CoD2 as I remember, but no where near this extreme so that it becomes the only strategy to go around corners. It just needs to be toned down considerably in terms of Ninja jumping abilities and accuracy. 

• Upvote 4

Just now, Zane said:

So according to you only competitive players like jumpshooting, while on the other hand casual players are against it. So how is it possible that Call of Duty has had jumpshooting for more than 10 years and it's one of the most played games out there?

I did mean jumping + hardcore mode. I could live with the jumping.

My last cod game was cod4 but I went back to Cod ww2 and it's way more casual than this game. You don't see many jumping.

4 hours ago, Don Camillo said:

If you're happy then that's good for you. But it should not have escaped you that you are absolutely in the minority.

The player number development underlines this.  I think you can also read for yourself that the biggest part oft the community rejects this.

Steam reviews are 59% positive, so I think it's rather you who is in the minority .

• Downvote 3

5 hours ago, Zane said:

So how is it possible that Call of Duty has had jumpshooting for more than 10 years and it's one of the most played games out there?

The question is rather how is it possible that CoD players don't remember Call of Duty 1.Almost no one is talking about the very 1st title of the franchise. Why do we always talking about CoD 2 and 4? (Don't get me wrong.. both great and legendary games. Wasted my teen life with those two titles.:D)

But have we forget where the real roots of the franchise are???????

• Upvote 2

On 13-2-2018 at 11:03 PM, Spoon said:

This game better not die i just tried to play cod again and battalions ruined it for me i can't go back to playing with flame thrower, flame shotgun & bouncing bettys.

Lol, I played CoD1 again today after three weeks.. I keep slamming my SHIFT key to run.. but that is not possible in CoD1 xD And when I want to throw a grenade I fail again haha.. It now seems like an unlogical step to scroll the mouse wheel before throwing a nade hahaha..

But my love for that game wont go away hahaha.. I just prefer Battalion now :)

16 hours ago, adze said:

LOL

Let's get something straight, people who play the game are the customers. They buy the game, they buy the skins, bigger playersbase = more advertisement, etc so the devs will get their salary BECAUSE people play the game. If there is nobody left to play the game - which means no income for the devs - , you can shove your game up into your ass. So devs better do what the majority wants because their income depend on the player numbers.
Yes, welcome to the real world. This is how it works.

You are now arguing a completely different point. Obviously if nobody buys your product your company won't survive. I don't think anybody disputes that.  But when you say things like this:  

"We all understand that it's "early acces" and more things will come, but the truth is majority of players don't give a fuck what's coming in the near future(months),"

^^That again, sounds like a problem of the people and not the devs. My previous quote of yours said much of the same. Something along the lines of:

"People don't care about what early acces means. People want a game that they can play and enjoy. Now Battalion in it's current state is NOT that game. "

CLEARLY a problem with people having the wrong expectations.

You don't go to a burger joint looking for tacos. The place still makes good burgers it is just the customer is expecting the wrong product.

Now if you can debate the proper subject it would be much appreciated.

1 hour ago, badnewz said:

You are now arguing a completely different point. Obviously if nobody buys your product your company won't survive. I don't think anybody disputes that.  But when you say things like this:  

"We all understand that it's "early acces" and more things will come, but the truth is majority of players don't give a fuck what's coming in the near future(months),"

^^That again, sounds like a problem of the people and not the devs. My previous quote of yours said much of the same. Something along the lines of:

"People don't care about what early acces means. People want a game that they can play and enjoy. Now Battalion in it's current state is NOT that game. "

CLEARLY a problem with people having the wrong expectations.

You don't go to a burger joint looking for tacos. The place still makes good burgers it is just the customer is expecting the wrong product.

Now if you can debate the proper subject it would be much appreciated.

Jesus...
People ARE like that since.. idk forever?. Majority of players don't give a fuck why your game is not ready, why its lacking featuers, why its bugged etc, they only want to play and ejoy the game. Yes, this is not right, but it is how it is. You can keep repeating yourself that it's the problem of the people and not the devs, still not gonna change a thing. You can't change the people but you can change the game, maybe even before it's too late.
Your example is perfect. I walk in a restaurant, I want tacos, they don't offer tacos but they offer burgers so I walk out the door and look for a place that offers tacos. And this is what's going to happen. People will quit the game and most likely don't look back. Then you can blame it on people, but that leads nowhere since your game will be dead, played by a few hundreds...
So you got my point?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, adze said:

Jesus...
People ARE like that since.. idk forever?. Majority of players don't give a fuck why your game is not ready, why its lacking featuers, why its bugged etc, they only want to play and ejoy the game. Yes, this is not right, but it is how it is. You can keep repeating yourself that it's the problem of the people and not the devs, still not gonna change a thing. You can't change the people but you can change the game, maybe even before it's too late.
Your example is perfect. I walk in a restaurant, I want tacos, they don't offer tacos but they offer burgers so I walk out the door and look for a place that offers tacos. And this is what's going to happen. People will quit the game and most likely don't look back. Then you can blame it on people, but that leads nowhere since your game will be dead, played by a few hundreds...
So you got my point?

I do agree. A game that offers both tacos and burgers will create a larger customer base.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, SirBob said:

I do agree. A game that offers both tacos and burgers will create a larger customer base.

A game that offers both Tacos and Burgers will create very large players xDxD

12 minutes ago, Excel said:

A game that offers both Tacos and Burgers will create very large players xDxD

A game that offers both tacos and burgers will finally attract american players. 

Sry, I had to make that joke. 

• Downvote 1

13 hours ago, adze said:

Jesus...
So you got my point?

So all restaurants should have hundreds of items on the menu to cover every costumer possible?

You can't satisfy everyone. Whoever wants to walk out that door can do it as well as they can go inside through that door once the game is more stable and has more features..

Thats the whole point in the early access. You can get inside a game during its developing proccess for cheaper price and help to build the game towards the final product by helping the dev team with constructive feedback and bug reporting.

People who don't give a fuck should not buy into early access games......... Its as simple as that.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

The point is : People are get in while it is clearly indicated "UNDER CONSTRUCTION" and they are "raging" because .... it is under construction.

It is like players joining my server and raging because we enforce some rules, but if they read the server name before to join they would not be surprise.

The problem is people are not reading, the problem is they are not even able to read.
... and the worst is we can't do anything about it.
The game is not dying, the common sense is dying.

..... Burger, Tacos ??!!! I would like nems ! It is possible ? :P

Edited by Soldat Ryan
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, A1rstrike said:

So all restaurants should have hundreds of items on the menu to cover every costumer possible?

No, but their selection must be large enough to make a satisfactory earnings. And if the majority of customers go out of the door, the assortment is wrong.

If you bring a product to the market, there will be reactions and a company can't cover itself by saying that it's under development.

Buyers can only judge what they see and not what might happen.

43 minutes ago, Firefly said:

Well, how do we know that people will not return when the game is officially released?

We don't know until the official release. I think there are two simple reasons why people quit Battalion. 1) They didn't like the game(maybe wanted something more realistic) OR 2) Got fed up with all the errors, bugs, whatever you wanna call it. I can imagine that the second group is willing to give it another go and maybe stick around, but I doubt we will see enough changes to the gameplay to tempt the first group to make their return. Maybe a few, but not a lot. 

Also an important factor is the amount of WW2 shooters that have been(or will be) released since the Kickstarter was first started. Day of Infamy, Post Scriptum(don't know when this will be released) and Hell Let Loose to name a few. 

I know Battalion is a different type of game, but these games might be tempting enough to put aside 1944. Especially Post Scriptum looks amazing. 

I'm glad to see people running with the tacos and burgers lol ... good times.

I shouldn't have this much confidence in people as common sense has already been clearly shown to not be in style, however it is possible that if this game is offered on free trial for a weekend or something after is finished and polished, that some people that dropped it in EA might give it another chance.

It would not surprise me if the real purpose of this game is to get the masses to finance the development, but only the pro's to play it. Get it on the professional scene and get sponsored. Then say goodbye to the masses and thank them for the money. The intention is not to create a large online player base, but right now they are needed but not really wanted.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Firefly said:

A game that offers both tacos and burgers will finally attract american players. 

Sry, I had to make that joke. 

Hold on a minute. Sod the burgers and Tacos. What about a few nice olde english pubs dotted about the maps for 'us' serious pissheads!!!!

Just now, DVM-Dogz said:

Hold on a minute. Sod the burgers and Tacos. What about a few nice olde english pubs dotted about the maps for 'us' serious pissheads!!!!

Maybe we should add some döner kebab restaurants to the maps. 

Just now, Firefly said:

Maybe we should add some döner kebab restaurants to the maps. 

Yeah, good idea Firefly :) and Chinese /Indian restaurants. Trouble is, there'd be quite a bit of spew to avoid the next day.