Jump to content
Drizzy

Game's Dead guys..

Recommended Posts

This game better not die i just tried to play cod again and battalions ruined it for me i can't go back to playing with flame thrower, flame shotgun & bouncing bettys.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Spoon said:

This game better not die i just tried to play cod again and battalions ruined it for me i can't go back to playing with flame thrower, flame shotgun & bouncing bettys.

I enjoy COD ww2 a lot but I do in someway agree. If B44 had the same graphics, movements and weapon damage i would be all in. B44 maps are better than cod and the game don't have all the "funny stuff" which has broken cod since cod2

Edited by SirBob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ralfy said:

that sound to me like you already gave up.

Sounds to me like he has a whole list of things he still wants to add to the game and that the game ain't in its final form yet! And that while this game is already better than blockbuster CoD WW2...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, [DEV] BRAMMERTRON said:

Still got a year of development to go.

Think I understand this, but I am a "word choice is everything person".  As it stands now, this game needs less development, as it's overdeveloped.  It needs simplification, and a lot of it to go from a pub/pug game to a full blown competitive game.

And to people complaining about devs:  They're devs.  Not league officials, not democratic please everyone's, but devs.  Nearly ALL successful COMPETITIVE games the devs had little to nothing to do with the game in it's later stages.  It was the players and the leagues/tourneys.  But, be thankful the dev's WILL be there to fix issues with the games when they're found in late stages of gameplay, assuming they make it there :P 

Edited by fish
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mhhh, as we say where I live "C'è molta carne al fuoco" (there is a lot of meat in the fire).

I'll propose a barbeque with some beers :)

 

Well, one point is surely important because sadly true:

Early Access... If I take him literally I would say enter before the others. Stop.

Even if Steam make advertisement saying that the game still in development, the players have already big expectations.

So I've to agree with some previous post; knowing that only a part of the player community is really ready to help the development of a game a longer official alpha/beta session was perhaps more tactical (especially server side).

But, this point is an egoistical point of view, even if sadly true as already write, because the disclaimers are visible. People could/must expect some problems.

 

Now, I'm not a friend of Bulkhead, and I didn't know who is in, but I can say that the dialogue is really open.

Some guys are expecting some [DEV] posts... I can understand them, but I'm pretty sure that [DEV] are looking the forum, take note, try to solve,... they are a little group. If we ask them to come here and wrote an answer on each post it mean that we are asking them to put aside their development job and procrastinate the real resolution of the problem. See that a problem is solved would be the better answer that we can receive.

Sure, it could be interesting to have sometimes a post from [CM] where they put down some lines about "point in work in progress" but, once again, they are a little group and the number of players is really hudge; if each of us would obtain an info/answer/...

 

XP on dedicated server... Well, perhaps it could be possible to set a "casual rank" system or, why not, a server rank system.

Each dedicate server would have differents rules (and settings, great hope from the tactical teams!), that means a difference between ranked match and perhaps between server and servers (into the settings someone would perhaps set +100XP if you take the enemy flag, one other 50 and one, perhaps make only for exp 99999). Without a ranking difference I understand the actual choice.

 

Well, actually I've to go so I post just this few points.

 

Have fun :)

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, sh0tyz said:

This^

But to get to this point, there's a lot of work that needs to be done. The card system is about to change a lot (hopefully for the better), gunplay still has issues (SMG and Shotgun specifically), server exploits, etc. Just give it some time, let the game grow in itself once it truly becomes esports ready. At this moment (after numerous scrims and tournaments), it isn't esports ready but its still fun to compete.

If Pubg ran a tournament at the end of last year in Oakland, with alllllll of the numerous bugs that game had/has, and the player who won it was hiding in a crack just healing.....then Battalion would have no problem running a small LAN tournament even in its current state. The game is exciting to watch and pretty spectator friendly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Firefly said:

Sounds to me like he has a whole list of things he still wants to add to the game and that the game ain't in its final form yet! And that while this game is already better than blockbuster CoD WW2...

Can you stop repeating this "it's still early acces" "not in it's final form yet" and bla bla bla?
Looks like what you and the devs are struggling to understand is by the time these "fixes" come live there will be NOONE to play the game, the game already losing it's players rapidly. Because of the fail start, shitty communication and lack of support. If you wanna make a decent game you can't do what they just did.
We all understand that it's "early acces" and more things will come, but the truth is majority of players don't give a fuck what's coming in the near future(months), cause they want a game that they can already play. Like I already said only hardcore fans will stay and connect for you to discord to mix and pug , it's not 2005 and casual won't bother with that, they will refund and play a working game.

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, adze said:

Can you stop repeating this "it's still early acces" "not in it's final form yet" and bla bla bla?

But all the problem is here. The game is in Early Access stage. It is a fact.
It is clearly indicate on all steam page of all games in EA ... if people could read :

5a840805afd3c_Screenshot-2018-2-14BATTALION1944onSteam.png.d4de3e86cc3be2c90acc6fb4fdecd35d.png

"If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you should wait to see if the game progresses further in development. "

Saying that i think the game have been launched too earlier. One or two monthes more on Alpha/Beta would have been better and probably helped to fixe matchmaking system and "connexion lost" issues. But it is their decision.

Where i m agree with all the concerns is that Devs should answer more regulary on the forum, not at all questions but when there is a lot of threads with "my game crashed", a simple answer with "We are aware about it and are working on it" should be enought, it shows to the players they read it and are on the problem. But currently there is no answer at all and i understand it can be frustrating for players.

But even with all bugs the game is playable. Don't blame Devs because the game is not finished and let them to work and help them to find issue and stress the game.

Now read this :

and be patient .... or move on.

Edited by Soldat Ryan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Soldat Ryan said:

But all the problem is here. The game is in Early Access stage. It is a fact.
It is clearly indicate on all steam page of all games in EA ... if people could read :

5a840805afd3c_Screenshot-2018-2-14BATTALION1944onSteam.png.d4de3e86cc3be2c90acc6fb4fdecd35d.png

"If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you should wait to see if the game progresses further in development. "

Saying that i think the game have been launched too earlier. One or two monthes more on Alpha/Beta would have been better and probably helped to fixe matchmaking system and "connexion lost" issues. But it is their decision.

Where i m agree with all the concerns is that Devs should answer more regulary on the forum, not at all questions but when there is a lot of threads with "my game crashed", a simple answer with "We are aware about it and are working on it" should be enought, it shows to the players they read it and are on the problem. But currently there is no answer at all and i understand it can be frustrating for players.

But even with all bugs the game is playable. Don't blame Devs because the game is not finished and let them to work and help them to find issue and stress the game.

Now read this :

and be patient .... or move on.

People don't care about what early acces means. People want a game that they can play and enjoy. Now Battalion in it's current state is NOT that game. Sure the gameplay is good, I like it. However I'm not fan of COD series, this could be the best shooter ATM on the market for me (and for many). Games gets the biggest advertisement when its released to the public and it's gonna be much harder to get the attention of players later. Don't worry the casual players will MOVE ON, players that make the game succesfull. Sure the hardcore layer will stay around (what 3k players?). Look at Quake Champions, Dirty Bomb...

That post looks promising apart from the "potentional fix" parts, what a joke. Fix it or not. rofl.

Anyways I hope this game grows huge in the next few months/years - I don't see it happening because of the reasons I keep repeating - but I wish the devs good luck cause I want to play this game.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, adze said:

People don't care about what early acces means

This is their problem, not a Devs problem and certainly not their fault. It makes all the difference.

3 minutes ago, adze said:

People want a game that they can play and enjoy.

In this case they have to wait as it is mentionned on Steam.

17 minutes ago, adze said:

Don't worry the casual players will MOVE ON, players that make the game succesfull.

...  i m not a pro player :ph34r:.  I m not playing often on arcade or unranked, and certainly won't play on "competitive".
I m playing mainly on the server of my community and on other friendly server and even if there is some difficulties we are seeing the potential of the game and we have fun to play as casual players.
But it is true IMHO that the casual aspect of the game is not put forward enought.
Gives the ability to rank up on dedicated server could be a solution to increase interest of casuals players and communities.  With a good anti-cheat detection it will be easy to prevent XP abuse even if there is no such thing as zero risk.

We are at week #2 and a new fix is coming. Gives credits to the Devs on it. They are working on the game.
In all case, patience is the key. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Soldat Ryan said:

This is their problem, not a Devs problem and certainly not their fault. It makes all the difference.

In this case they have to wait as it is mentionned on Steam.

...  i m not a pro player :ph34r:.  I m not playing often on arcade or unranked, and certainly won't play on "competitive".
I m playing mainly on the server of my community and on other friendly server and even if there is some difficulties we are seeing the potential of the game and we have fun to play as casual players.
But it is true IMHO that the casual aspect of the game is not put forward enought.
Gives the ability to rank up on dedicated server could be a solution to increase interest of casuals players and communities.  With a good anti-cheat detection it will be easy to prevent XP abuse even if there is no such thing as zero risk.

We are at week #2 and a new fix is coming. Gives credits to the Devs on it. They are working on the game.
In all case, patience is the key. ;)

Yes, it's the devs problem and not the players. In 2018 you don't release a game to the public like this. Understand this already. This is why the player numbers are decreasing. You and the devs have to understand that people are NOT patient. Simple as that, if you don't understand this you are doomed.. , there are so many examples of promising games announced with shitty start , they were never able to get back on their feet...

You are one of those few who would stay and "enjoy" this game at it's current stage, how many will follow you? Please look at the numbers and get your sh*t together.
And like I said before the reason I'm still here "criticizing" the devs work is for the good...

People suggesting devs here: "Take your time" "It's okay" "Don't worry about haters" are killing the game, because the majority of the players are not patient at all and won't wait months or years for fixes. ADAPT PLEASE.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Soldat Ryan said:

Gives the ability to rank up on dedicated server could be a solution to increase interest of casuals players and communities.  With a good anti-cheat detection it will be easy to prevent XP abuse even if there is no such thing as zero risk.

We are at week #2 and a new fix is coming. Gives credits to the Devs on it. They are working on the game.
In all case, patience is the key. ;)

The ability to rank up on community server has nothing to do with anticheat, it's about preventing server owners to exploit the system, in order to allow players to rank up on them they should add at least these limitations:

1) make sure server is not locked;

2) give XP only when the match is actually over and not when the owner ends the round;

3) no custom rule set;

4) no bots;

5) at least 6 players;

6) no modded servers;

That's all i can thing they could do to prevent people from boosting XP and despite them there would still be a way to exploit it, even if it's a very edge case scenario, anyway as you can see there are quite a lot of limitations, that means work has to be done by the devs to make it work and assure it hasn't any bugs or loopholes to bypass them. But in the end there is no point to play on community servers to rank when you have all those limitations, it would be like Arcade.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@adze be agree to disagree.

@Zane IMHO Anticheat is not only here to detect aimbot or wallhack and it is where the anticheat could work too : detect boosting XP.
It was possible to rank up on COD4 on all servers except modded server and boost rank were hunted with PB (may be not enought efficently but it was).

@Firefly i m not looking for to rank up on server because i don"t care about it, but it can be a solution to (re)attrack more casual players. But indeed some players can't play withtout thinking about ranking.

Edited by Soldat Ryan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Firefly said:

Wait... there are people who care about rank in servers???

Unfortunately for many "players" rank is the only meaning of life

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well it sure is at least half dead because playing as US is annoying as F the only 1hitkill weapon is the sniper and the scope is totally useless, who needs a scope on these small maps, I really dont get it. The default weapons are total garbage, you need more than 3 shots to kill anyone with it and it is a super bad experience when you actually hit nearly every enemy 3 times but because your TTK is 100 times higher because of the default weapon you actually can stay afk in spanw if you only have the default weapon. All of hits while most enemies jump around the corner and kill you before they land while you dont even have time to kill them with that piece of scap. So what is left? Leaving server until you join axis or maybe you could balance the weapons? I mean if the default weapon isnt even superior to a pistol, I dont get why you should play the default weapons at all. 

I also dont get why this jump scoping is intended. With the unscoped Kar98 you are unstoppable, nobody can do anything on any range against you and only if 3+ enemies push you or spam nades, you start to have problems and you would at least take 1 of them out... I mean ok the game is new and all but if you played like 10 hours of this stuff, what the devs should have done imo, you should get the idea yourself.

Edited by sightseeer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Soldat Ryan said:

@adze be agree to disagree.

@Zane IMHO Anticheat is not only here to detect aimbot or wallhack and it is where the anticheat could work too : detect boosting XP.
It was possible to rank up on COD4 on all servers except modded server and boost rank were hunted with PB (may be not enought efficently but it was).

@Firefly i m not looking for to rank up on server because i don"t care about it, but it can be a solution to (re)attrack more casual players. But indeed some players can't play withtout thinking about ranking.

It was possible to rank up on modded servers they just had their own rank per mod folder my community servers even had prestige.

I'm sure once mod tools come out we can make our own ranking system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2018 at 10:48 AM, [DEV] BRAMMERTRON said:

Still got a year of development to go.

Judging by these stats i don't think you guys have a year.

There is a gradual decline over the last 2 weeks.

These screenshots were taken 24hrs apart (Yesterday & today) if i were in the Dev team i would be concerned because the graph is going the wrong way.

 

B1944 Stats.png

B1944 Stats2.png

Edited by Excel
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's nice if you think you can reverse the development in a year. Players forgive crashes and bugs in the early access phase. That is not the problem.

However, people do not understand why these Jump Shoots have been deliberately built and therefore doubt the future development of this game.

Until at some point there could be many server configuration options, the COD1-2 & MoH community with Bulkhead is through.

The fact that one has searched in advance for the proximity to COD1-2 destroy the developers any confidence.

Personally, I am very disappointed because the feel is not old school. The assessment in German forums and in my friend lists but is much more violent.

In my opinion, they can only save the title and their reputation if you remove these jump-shoots and do not aim for a hardcore similar mode. This was already the recipe for success.

  • Downvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Don Camillo said:

I think it's nice if you think you can reverse the development in a year. Players forgive crashes and bugs in the early access phase. That is not the problem.

However, people do not understand why these Jump Shoots have been deliberately built and therefore doubt the future development of this game.

Until at some point there could be many server configuration options, the COD1-2 & MoH community with Bulkhead is through.

The fact that one has searched in advance for the proximity to COD1-2 destroy the developers any confidence.

Personally, I am very disappointed because the feel is not old school. The assessment in German forums and in my friend lists but is much more violent.

In my opinion, they can only save the title and their reputation if you remove these jump-shoots and do not aim for a hardcore similar mode. This was already the recipe for success.

Be personally disappointed, that's fine. However, please don't speak on behalf of the old CoD and MoH communities. I was part of them and I'm perfectly happy with the direction of this game.

These "jump shoots" (at least you didn't call it bunny hopping) have been in pretty much every gameplay demo since they started releasing vids of alpha gameplay and beyond (i'm not talking about their Kickstarter PROTOTYPE build).

Did you do any research before spending your money or did you look at one or two comments from over 2 years ago and hang onto it?

Edited by Freakshow
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're happy then that's good for you. But it should not have escaped you that you are absolutely in the minority.

The player number development underlines this.  I think you can also read for yourself that the biggest part oft the community rejects this.

 

Edited by Don Camillo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Don Camillo said:

If you're happy then that's good for you. But it should not have escaped you that you are absolutely in the minority.

The player number development underlines this.  I think you can also read for yourself that the biggest part oft the community rejects this.

 

I see players from early CoD/MoH communities on both sides of the fence. However, the most disappointed ones are always the loudest, surely you know this? As I said I have no problem with people being disappointed in this game and there are problems with it that do need fixing.

With the player numbers the one thing people seem to forget....This is an indie game, I'm not sure what kind of numbers some people expect. This game has SURPASSED Bulkhead's initial targets/predictions by a fair margin and they have stated that themselves several times.

It also seems some people really don't give a crap any more about the Early Access disclaimer. This game is FAR from done.

Edited by Freakshow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2018 at 1:48 PM, adze said:

People don't care about what early acces means. People want a game that they can play and enjoy. Now Battalion in it's current state is NOT that game. 
 

That sounds like a problem with the people and not the devs. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the disappointed players are the loudest ones I see differently. most disappointed people just turn around and leave. most are not even registered in a Forum.

It may be true that the original expectations were initially exceeded.the more you should take the development seriously.

if many had interest in the game and then quickly remove it speaks a clear language. the most frequently mentioned problems are the jump shooting and the hardcore similar Rating. darüber gibt es eigentlich nichts zu diskutieren. es sei denn man ist taub und ignoriert die ganzen stimmen.

the argument with ea is mist. how should the community believe in the game if one consciously implements the denounced things into the game from the beginning?

For my part, I see in your post no suggestion. I, however, have named him very clearly.

This jump shoot must be removed in this form. as well as the hardcore similar mode

This is my opinion and also what I can read everywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×