Drizzy

Game's Dead guys..

22 minutes ago, Ralfy said:

For most of the players there is also nothing to do, arcade is boring and unranked is a joke

An only a few play tournaments or even compete on a clan basis.

get a team of 5 and look for scrims on battalion discord or try to mix for a team yourself if you dont have anyone to play with

2 hours ago, GRiM said:

get a team of 5 and look for scrims on battalion discord or try to mix for a team yourself if you dont have anyone to play with

Haha, is this a joke?

The playerbase won't even reach stable 10k with this attitude. It's not 2005 anymore to look for games on IRC rofl. If this games wants a solid playerbase they have to adapt, which means competitive ASAP. Casual players will give up on the game in a few days, because theres nothing to "compete for". Everyone I played with in the past 10 years pretty much bought the game, because we all wanted a new shooter that feels like the old ones but with modern features such as MM. We are in our late 20s, earily 30s and don't have much time to play. Make a team, play competitively and manage our schedule so everyones avi at the same times - it's not for us anymore. Most of the community wants a 1 click competitive match, like in CS, R6 and any decent shooter game. Look at the playersbase of those games, it's HUGE, both competitive and casual side is working for them. Why? Cause they implement featuers like competitive matchamking since day 1.

I reached lvl 10 to play competitive on last thursday, guess what? They haven't said a word until the last sec about comp delay. I have no motivation to play the game since, I don't have time to spam "mix me" on discord, or  make a schedule with my old mates whos avi on X day at Y pm and then join discord and look for a scrim, what a joke. Unranked with multiple disconnecting players, 3v4 is no joy. And everyone, especially the devs should know this since they made a game for my generation, who enjoyed shooters back in 2000-2010...

2 years of development and we get

cod1 graphic and 120fps on an i5 and rx480? :DD (and no I don't care about the graphic - I play Quake 3 the best game ever made - but how is this even possible)
game crashes
unbalanced weapons
No ranked
broken card system

and I could go on

And stop with this Early Acces bullshit you can keep spamming it to hide behind this excuse, the game won't grow anywhere with this attitude. I want to like the game, but I just can't because of the unprofessionalism of the devs...

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

when i play, i just scrim all the time. and i like it very much but the fact is correct, there is nothing to do for "casual" players.

unranked is a realy realy bad joke and arcade is boring. 

its just terrible to reach lvl 10 for me... when i found game there is 0-9 with no cards anymore. much fun :D

but Overall, its a great game and i love it and its waaaaaaaay to early to say its dead.

Edited by sKarTix

16 minutes ago, adze said:

Haha, is this a joke?

The playerbase won't even reach stable 10k with this attitude. It's not 2005 anymore to look for games on IRC rofl. If this games wants a solid playerbase they have to adapt, which means competitive ASAP. Casual players will give up on the game in a few days, because theres nothing to "compete for". Everyone I played with in the past 10 years pretty much bought the game, because we all wanted a new shooter that feels like the old ones but with modern features such as MM. We are in our late 20s, earily 30s and don't have much time to play. Make a team, play competitively and manage our schedule so everyones avi at the same times - it's not for us anymore. Most of the community wants a 1 click competitive match, like in CS, R6 and any decent shooter game. Look at the playersbase of those games, it's HUGE, both competitive and casual side is working for them. Why? Cause they implement featuers like competitive matchamking since day 1.

I reached lvl 10 to play competitive on last thursday, guess what? They haven't said a word until the last sec about comp delay. I have no motivation to play the game since, I don't have time to spam "mix me" on discord, or  make a schedule with my old mates whos avi on X day at Y pm and then join discord and look for a scrim, what a joke. Unranked with multiple disconnecting players, 3v4 is no joy. And everyone, especially the devs should know this since they made a game for my generation, who enjoyed shooters back in 2000-2010...

2 years of development and we get

cod1 graphic and 120fps on an i5 and rx480? :DD (and no I don't care about the graphic - I play Quake 3 the best game ever made - but how is this even possible)
game crashes
unbalanced weapons
No ranked
broken card system

and I could go on

And stop with this Early Acces bullshit you can keep spamming it to hide behind this excuse, the game won't grow anywhere with this attitude. I want to like the game, but I just can't because of the unprofessionalism of the devs...

Well there isnt anything better to do apart from looking for scrims (for the time being), Brammer said that ranked would come out on thursday on his last stream so hopefuly it does. Not going to start arguing with you about everything you're not satisfied with, since we are in the same boat here.

4 hours ago, Noman said:

tbh dont get your point here,  you are talking about "an ace in the pocket", some complaining ppl, popularity on twich and then (caps) about EA and fixing problems and at the end about Unreal.

i got a feeling that you are not happy with the things going correct?

we all should know what EA is, we all should know that dev are working really hard to fix the problems asap, haters gonna hate - always, nothing new, so stay together and keep motivating devs, so we can get the best possible game. period

As i personally believe in success of batt44 i will start my old way of supporting like old good cod2/cod4 times, i will start organizing some online tournaments with sponsors and prizes and then maybe some Lans, but first i need to find time to learn the game, test it in lan mode, understand anticheat system here etc

Im not so happy but still hope that devs will fix some things.

21 minutes ago, GRiM said:

Well there isnt anything better to do apart from looking for scrims (for the time being), Brammer said that ranked would come out on thursday on his last stream so hopefuly it does. Not going to start arguing with you about everything you're not satisfied with, since we are in the same boat here.

Well, they also said that the ranked will start on 8th of February and didn't say a word about delaying it until the last second. I don't trust that guy anymore, there absolute 0 info about the new date, they are so silent. Also that Brammer guy looks like he enjoys streaming more than actually working on his own project. This stuff is ruined from day 1, look at Dirty Bomb, exact same scenario.

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, adze said:

Well, they also said that the ranked will start on 8th of February and didn't say a word about delaying it until the last second. I don't trust that guy anymore, there absolute 0 info about the new date, they are so silent. Also that Brammer guy looks like he enjoys streaming more than actually working on his own project. This stuff is ruined from day 1, look at Dirty Bomb, exact same scenario.

I kind of expected that ranked wouldnt come out on that date, seemed a little too rushed for the state that the game was in. Game seemed to crash for alot of ppl still and dunno if this is better already but if you crash out of unranked, there is no way to get back into the same game so if this doesnt work for comp, then there is no point in releasing it. There isn't much that I can say atm besides have some faith in the devs and show some patience, imo they are doing a good job being transparant and I believe that they will fix everything. It's not about hiding behind "EA". Games at the start of EA and a year or more later change massively.

I think not opening ranked is probably the best decision @[DEV] BRAMMERTRON and other devs could've made. Obviously some people aren't happy with that decision, but imagine how pissed off people would be if they had the same server issues on ranked as on unranked. Getting a 'fatal error' message and subsequently being banned for X minutes/hours or days for leaving the game (again). 

8 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

I think not opening ranked is probably the best decision @[DEV] BRAMMERTRON and other devs could've made. Obviously some people aren't happy with that decision, but imagine how pissed off people would be if they had the same server issues on ranked as on unranked. Getting a 'fatal error' message and subsequently being banned for X minutes/hours or days for leaving the game (again). 

Or during the last two years of development they could have fixed the random crashes and started working on competitive earlier instead of making skins and chests? How do you even "ea" publish a game like that in 2018? REALLY. Atleast make 1 good side of it.

And then 1 week later they add voice chat (another thing - how is this not part of the game by "ea" release) and you can't tell whos talking because it's not displayed ingame. WHAT?

What's next, they add competitive but it doesn't display ranks? You can't rank up?

The game won't live through the "EA" stage with these decisions, the playerbase will decrease slowly. Like I mentioned before , look at Dirty Bomb - complete failure.

• Downvote 1

Games have changed over generations to cater to what the kids of said generation come to expect. CoD1 and 2 had a large casual player base even with no incentive (ie. Ranks, loot, skins, perks etc). People played the game simply to have fun and frag out. Seems like now people can't just play to just enjoy playing. They are in need of some other reward, albeit they are mostly useless digital ones.

• Upvote 3

I wish that once they fix some of their issues with connectivity/crashes that they would announce a big tournament like $25k-$50k worth, its exactly what this game needs right now, publicity and once it goes on twitch being streamed with high prizes on the line and you can see the competitive environment from start to finish, something pubg simply cant provide, it can explode.

For a game like this, Esports is everything.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, HypeRNT said:

I wish that once they fix some of their issues with connectivity/crashes that they would announce a big tournament like $25k-$50k worth, its exactly what this game needs right now, publicity and once it goes on twitch being streamed with high prizes on the line and you can see the competitive environment from start to finish, something pubg simply cant provide, it can explode.

For a game like this, Esports is everything.

This^

But to get to this point, there's a lot of work that needs to be done. The card system is about to change a lot (hopefully for the better), gunplay still has issues (SMG and Shotgun specifically), server exploits, etc. Just give it some time, let the game grow in itself once it truly becomes esports ready. At this moment (after numerous scrims and tournaments), it isn't esports ready but its still fun to compete.

7 hours ago, [DEV] BRAMMERTRON said:

Still got a year of development to go.

Brammertron but are you listening to the community??? Are you listening to the 95% of the customer base that your losing? Because inaction is the worst of all decisions

Edited by Koopa
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Once done it will be an awesome game, I don't have any doubt in the long run it will succeed.

However, the launch was far more damaging than I think the devs think.   Early access or not, gamers want a game they can play.   They don't care about the Early Access tag, if they can't play it, bad review incoming, uninstall, never look back.

I knew it was a miss when the launch had the same problems as the last closed alpha.  I thought they needed at least another month or 2 to hammer out some issues before going Early Access.  All the momentum and hype this game had going into Early Access was brought to a dead halt due to that horrible launch. 

Developers think "Early Access" means they're still working on a game, lots of bugs and crashes, give them time to work it out.
Average gamer thinks "Early Access" means they get to play the game early and just be one of the first in on a trend, or make / break the game.

When you go early access, it doesn't matter what the developers or like minded people think......the "average gamer" will just trash the game because they can't play or it's too buggy.

So developers need to stop with the mentality that early access is just an actual growing period, and think of it as an "evolution" period.   When you go Early Access, it's for advertising and hype on a STABLE game, and use community feedback to improve.

The devs here thought bugs, crashes, etc., were a givin on early access and gamers would understand, and they were sorely mistaken.   To be blunt, most gamers are little shits with little understanding of programming world and couldn't give a damn about it....they just wanna pew pew and suck on lollipops.

• Upvote 5

19 minutes ago, Division said:

Once done it will be an awesome game, I don't have any doubt in the long run it will succeed.

However, the launch was far more damaging than I think the devs think.   Early access or not, gamers want a game they can play.   They don't care about the Early Access tag, if they can't play it, bad review incoming, uninstall, never look back.

I knew it was a miss when the launch had the same problems as the last closed alpha.  I thought they needed at least another month or 2 to hammer out some issues before going Early Access.  All the momentum and hype this game had going into Early Access was brought to a dead halt due to that horrible launch. 

Developers think "Early Access" means they're still working on a game, lots of bugs and crashes, give them time to work it out.
Average gamer thinks "Early Access" means they get to play the game early and just be one of the first in on a trend, or make / break the game.

When you go early access, it doesn't matter what the developers or like minded people think......the "average gamer" will just trash the game because they can't play or it's too buggy.

So developers need to stop with the mentality that early access is just an actual growing period, and think of it as an "evolution" period.   When you go Early Access, it's for advertising and hype on a STABLE game, and use community feedback to improve.

The devs here thought bugs, crashes, etc., were a givin on early access and gamers would understand, and they were sorely mistaken.   To be blunt, most gamers are little shits with little understanding of programming world and couldn't give a damn about it....they just wanna pew pew and suck on lollipops.

I agree on a few things however -

When I invest on the game for early access and a few servers to capitalise on the bow wave, I expect it to work to some degree.  I also think people are entitled to moan about any product that they buy as this is under a consumer agreement which should be fit for purpose.

I have an understanding - alpha or beta it is not.  It should be close to the finished version as possible, however I believe it really missed.  The irritation comes from the lack of communication and the lack of support especially for community servers.  I have played many hours.  Like the concept of the game apart from the bunny hopping and low hit points which I have stomached it so far, as I am sure it will be sorted.  However it bugs me how I can not rank up on my own server when playing with other players, and if it crashes numerous times due to the instability,  we ask the devs for help but there is no reply.  Even when we have one of the alpha testers as one of our admins and he feels the same with the situation, and as such we have killed off a few of our servers.  We don't want to remove all our servers but unless there is support then what is the point??

What you tend to forget is that the average gamer (whom is the majority of the player base) is one who wants to come on and just play; enjoy it stress free.  I do not see that this is the case, regardless of age, if anyone gets frustrated, then they will refund the game, never to come back again.  I have had a few friends do that, and we are not young, from the CoD1 era.  Everyone has an opinion but with multiplayer games, due to the competitive nature you can not afford to release a buggy version, it will only fan the flames of rage.  Single player is more forgiving

I think most people would agree on this view

Edited by Koopa
Grammer correction
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, [DEV] BRAMMERTRON said:

That's the spirit buddy! Have fun murdering your own game!

Edit:
According to steamcharts.com

7th of February: 6,6k
8th of February: 5,8k
9th of February: 5,1k
10th of February: 4k
11th of February: 4,3k
12th of February: 3,8k
13th of February: 2,6k

Well done.

Edited by adze
Forgot to add something at first
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, [DEV] BRAMMERTRON said:

Really?, You don’t say, That’s unusual, Did not know that! 

Does that statement help keep my five servers online?

Does it provide a reason to why the only replies to issues raised in the "dedicated_srvr_help" on discord are only being answered by the community and not the devs?  

I could go on and on, but to be honest, even writing these few lines is given me a headache thinking about the lack of support by the Devs.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Koopa said:

Brammertron but are you listening to the community??? Are you listening to the 95% of the customer base that your losing? Because inaction is the worst of all decisions

If there is one word that cannot be associated with brammy, it's "inaction".

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Firefly said:

If there is one word that cannot be associated with brammy, it's "inaction".

I'm glad you quoted me there, but since you are a friend of bulkhead, can you explain the lack of support or communication?  by the way just so you know, "Inaction" is all of these.  Just stating it will take a year does not fill me or the community with hope of any action coming soon.

Even an alpha tester has posted his annoyance which is below

58 minutes ago, RayzerIRL said:

Really?, You don’t say, That’s unusual, Did not know that! 

Does that statement help keep my five servers online?

Does it provide a reason to why the only replies to issues raised in the "dedicated_srvr_help" on discord are only being answered by the community and not the devs?  

I could go on and on, but to be honest, even writing these few lines is given me a headache thinking about the lack of support by the Devs.

so in the balance of all probabilities there are some major issues that needs to be addressed. If they said yep we are looking into it, and that they are trying to fix it, that will give me some comfort.  But this does not stop the slating of the game by many people who play or played WW2 fps games

Edited by Koopa

10 hours ago, [DEV] BRAMMERTRON said:

that sound to me like you already gave up.