Drizzy

Game's Dead guys..

i just wish that they would stop wasting money on a $10,000 lans and instead either do a league for the same amount of money so that more then 10 teams could actually compete for it or save it and announce a $50k tournament to generate massive hype. A 10k lan orgs arent even interested in that since there is no money to be made there, only locals can attend.

If this game is to survive it will be on Competitive mode and Esports scene, and until this game can function properly at an Esports level with Esports prize pools and proper game balancing we will be stuck in the mud for a while, even if they announce a bigger update in march that alone wont help boost player numbers.

• Upvote 1

Let's see what happens on March 8th. It was positive to see the devs so active on steam today. It seems that they have become aware that without a big player base there is no competition scene.  A competition scene needs an audience to attract money. It comes only from a large player base since nobody will be watching a game they do not play. You have to satisfy the masses before hardcore gamers to achieve this goal. This can be difficult when you have a great passion for what you think is the perfect game for competition. But it is necessary to compromise at the beginning and make a game that attracts the most possible players and then build the competitive scene from here. I think there have been some very positive announcements so I'm confident and will try the game again on March 8th.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SirBob said:

Let's see what happens on March 8th.

Yeah i agree, im waiting to see what the game is like from then to and hope it will play much better.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Excel said:

Yeah i agree, im waiting to see what the game is like from then to and hope it will play much better.

Agree. Right now, it is necessary to find out why only 1100 are playing the game. If it's strafe jumping, low TTK, jumpshooting or high acc, change it and make the game so 10K-20K are playing. Then you disappoint 1100, but it does not matter in the big picture. The most important thing is to get the game populated and not so much about principles. Once the game is populated, you can make the specific part as originally intended for competition. Just my opinion

Edited by SirBob
  • Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, SirBob said:

Agree. Right now, it is necessary to find out why only 1100 are playing the game. If it's jumping, low TTK, jumpshooting or high acc, change it and make the game so 10K-20K are playing. Then you disappoint 1100, but it does not matter in the big picture. The most important thing is to get the game populated and not so much about principles. Once the game is populated, you can make the specific part as originally intended for competition. Just my opinion

I said this all along. Make the game for the masses, make mod tools available so people can make the game how they like it which will include the 1100 currently playing now.

I don't believe the devs aren't concerned by the drop in players regardless what they post. They will come good, they have no other choice if they want their game to be played and supported across the wide spectrum of players or are they narrow minded enough to focus on nothing more than esports?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

36 minutes ago, Excel said:

I said this all along. Make the game for the masses, make mod tools available so people can make the game how they like it which will include the 1100 currently playing now.

I don't believe the devs aren't concerned by the drop in players regardless what they post. They will come good, they have no other choice if they want their game to be played and supported across the wide spectrum of players or are they narrow minded enough to focus on nothing more than esports?

It's a business, so I would guess they are interested in sales unless it's a hoppy. A company must be faithful to its strategy and plan until time comes where reality no longer corresponds to goals and strategy, then it's time for a review. A product is no better than what the customers think. If you change strategy you should also pay close attention to getting it communicated in the right way so that customers are not confused. Saying that something better arrives tomorrow without being specific can cause problems as it creates expectations that can be difficult to meet, thereby ending up in the same situation as before. Damage control can be fine for a short period but to get the customers to stay you need to tell them exactly what the plan is especially if you change it. Right now, most people think they know the plan and have rejected it.

• Upvote 1

On 2/25/2018 at 6:13 PM, Dark said:

Funny people downvote my post for having hope :D

Edit: Do the ones who downvote also have the balls to say why they downvote? 

Yea I got the balls mate, no need to confront me with a DM on discord because you all of the sudden are able to see who trew you a vote!

I disagree with your statement and lost most of my hopes for this game, that's why!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dark said:

How is this thread still going on? xD 

Idk, it should be dead, just like the game itself.

dead game

doa

• Upvote 3

Adze is an interesting fellow.

Thanks for linking me to current players, it was 1,100 last night so we're pleased :) 
It sucks we went down from day one of 19,000 but we were never expecting that many. Now we now there is a clear place on Steam for Battalion, we just need to fix the issues.

Thanks for spending your time updating us on the stats, we appreciate you putting in that work. We're really busy here so it's good that someone can do that for us. 
And thanks for the 134 hours / 5 days of your entire life you spent playing our 'ded gome' ;) we appreciate your support and sorry you feel negatively about the game.

Cheers for feedback all!
Joe

Edited by [DEV] BRAMMERTRON
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2