Drizzy

Game's Dead guys..

Wellllllllllll,  I'm a bit pissed ATM, but surely the weapon stuff, jumping etc, could easily be sorted. It took me ten mins to sort out (scripting) on ye olde moh spearhead/breakthrough. Same  scripting I assume? Also................Hic. Why do people that want to play this game have to fuck around there graphic settings with this game when most default settings for other FPS games are ok?

19 minutes ago, DVM-Dogz said:

Wellllllllllll,  I'm a bit pissed ATM, but surely the weapon stuff, jumping etc, could easily be sorted. It took me ten mins to sort out (scripting) on ye olde moh spearhead/breakthrough. Same  scripting I assume? Also................Hic. Why do people that want to play this game have to fuck around there graphic settings with this game when most default settings for other FPS games are ok?

I can't remember a game where people haven't played with settings to get more fps / cleaner visuals.

4 minutes ago, MagicalBubba said:

I can't remember a game where people haven't played with settings to get more fps / cleaner visuals.

minesweeper or pacman

25 minutes ago, DVM-Dogz said:

not one fps game in the history of fps games have default settings been the ones to use lol

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Game is that poor arcade is a waste of time seems like a after thought game is not fun. Trying to get a game on unranked is ok if you want players with 200+ pings now joined unranked 3 times got same team 3 times nice wont bother now til 8th march hope the patch works otherwise will call it a day. They said they are all gamers at bulkhead but I think they have forgotten what makes a good game so hell bent on esports

• Upvote 3

22 hours ago, SirBob said:

It will not happen. It may be tweaked a bit, but the whole idea of B44 is strafe jumping, jump shooting and quick scooping based on promod and exclusively aimed at competition. Casual don't have much influence on the development and are not important in this matter. It only takes place between the devs and the competition environment as far as I can read

This is cod4 promod in ww2 skin. Not much different than 10 years ago.

It's not a matter of learning to play. Anyone can do that, only a question of time. It's a question if you think this kind of gameplay is fun. Old promod players will love it and others will probably find it strange to make a game based on jumping around with almost 100% acc. and low TTK. The story repeats itself.

I would guess that less than 2% are competition players and even less come from promod. The rest are children, casual adults under education, have jobs and family and should they play this game they should also be able to see themselves as part of the game. Promote this as a game for E-sport, and you'll also get a game for E-sport and thus a player base that matches this.

If this game wants a big player base, I think unfortunately there should be a room for competition players based on current setup and a room for others with a more realistic gameplay. Using promod on arcade makes no sense if you want casuals to play. And most casuals will probably be here.

Game play has moved over the last 10 years, and it would surprise me if this kind of gameplay succeeds again on a large basis. As a niche, I have no doubt. Here it will be very successful.

In addition to the expected B44 release, there are also releases from some of the major providers, which will make it even harder.

Bulkhead has made this game for e-sport, but it would surprise me if they did not also want it to be successful as an online game with a large player base, from a business point of view.

I still follow, even though I left the game :D and is still amazed about the strategy, but not the outcome so far.

I am right that this game with Strafejumping only appeals to a small part of the players. This is obvious. I also give you the right to build a strafejumping version on a non-strafejumping version. Not the other way around.At the same time, however, I think that you have to connect strafejumping automatically with e-sports. This is a fixed misconception. E-Sports has many faces.

Those who think the cod4 Promod because of the pro in the name in some form more demanding is mistaken. For most, it is silly and therefore they reject it.
Anyway. It is up to the developers what they make of it. But it is a misconception to be able to push the game if the great majority rejects this strafejumping. Then no events will help.

Furthermore, I am skeptical that the developer will take the necessary steps and remove the Starfejumping. Apparently they feel a rejection of Strafejumping is currently a personal critique. Posts like this have a deep look. https://www.reddit.com/r/Battalion1944/comments/7x92at/bulkhead_on_communication_question_for_the/I would wish the guys some relaxation and we want a game without Strafejumping. Until then, my friends and I prefer to play cod.
Edited by Don Camillo
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, Don Camillo said:

I am right that this game with Strafejumping only appeals to a small part of the players. This is obvious. I also give you the right to build a strafejumping version on a non-strafejumping version. Not the other way around.At the same time, however, I think that you have to connect strafejumping automatically with e-sports. This is a fixed misconception. E-Sports has many faces.

Those who think the cod4 Promod because of the pro in the name in some form more demanding is mistaken. For most, it is silly and therefore they reject it.
Anyway. It is up to the developers what they make of it. But it is a misconception to be able to push the game if the great majority rejects this strafejumping. Then no events will help.

Furthermore, I am skeptical that the developer will take the necessary steps and remove the Starfejumping. Apparently they feel a rejection of Strafejumping is currently a personal critique. Posts like this have a deep look. https://www.reddit.com/r/Battalion1944/comments/7x92at/bulkhead_on_communication_question_for_the/I would wish the guys some relaxation and we want a game without Strafejumping. Until then, my friends and I prefer to play cod.

Why do you want the Strafejump to be removed ? Because, removing it will not change how the game is played.

Edited by Connard
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm not saying strafe jumping should be removed or even changed. It's fine for E-sport and a lot of people have been asking for this since cod4. I'm just trying to say that this game have a huge potential if a version is made to those players who would like something more realistic.  I can't see why this should be a problem as long the E-sport side of the game is not changed. This should be taken as positive critique and not personal critique.

40 minutes ago, SirBob said:

I'm not saying strafe jumping should be removed or even changed. It's fine for E-sport and a lot of people have been asking for this since cod4. I'm just trying to say that this game have a huge potential if a version is made to those players who would like something more realistic.  I can't see why this should be a problem as long the E-sport side of the game is not changed. This should be taken as positive critique and not personal critique.

The game needs to appeal to casual players not people looking for realism, CoD is far from realistic and is one of the biggest casual fps out there. The reality is Battalion needs a better arcade mode, if they made Arcade 6v6 or 8v8 with shorter respawn timer and transition to a new map when round is over faster it would already be much better and enjoyable. What makes the gunplay feel unfair right now is not strafing or jumpshooting but low ttk and peeker advantage. 

On a side note you don't make the same game play totally differently between different playlists, this way you just alienate the community and split it even further, the right way is to keep the basic mechanics and then build on top of them mods that suits different playstyles. Look at CS for instance

1 hour ago, Don Camillo said:

What's that pisses you off so much of strafe jumping? It is a way to get to places faster, that's it. What is actually pissing you off is jumpshooting over corners which feels unfair currently because of low ttk and the first peeker advantage, if the problem was the jumpshooting itself you wouldn't play CoD over Battalion. I literally play and see people playing the same way I do in Battalion in other CoDs and never anybody said "the game would be so much better without all the jumpshooting"

Also please avoid spreading misconceptions about what the devs are willing to change, this is the latest post on reddit from Brammer concerning movement and he literally says they want us to tell them how we want the movement to be: 

Edited by Zane
  • Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Zane said:

The game needs to appeal to casual players not people looking for realism, CoD is far from realistic and is one of the biggest casual fps out there. The reality is Battalion needs a better arcade mode, if they made Arcade 6v6 or 8v8 with shorter respawn timer and transition to a new map when round is over faster it would already be much better and enjoyable. What makes the gunplay feel unfair right now is not strafing or jumpshooting but low ttk and peeker advantage.

I don't mean realism like RO2, cod could work in arcade, but I do agree that if something could be done about a better arcade mode it would help a lot getting people back to the game.

In my opinion, it's the combination of it all that makes casual people leaving the game and not just jumping. I don't say I have the solution but I do see the problem and that is people leaving the game because they don't like the way it is now. And that is sad because I do believe there must be a solution, so the game can become a place for both casuals and e-sport players.

Well it's right that jumpshooting in general is not a big problem. But with the clunky movement not being seen when jumping over something, bad rng  , recoil , no impact when landing all this combined makes it far beyond bs.

However removing it would be a statement, and an statement is something the game needs atm. If you only edit it a bit like 10%, players won't come back probally.

2 minutes ago, sNrklhaai said:

Well it's right that jumpshooting in general is not a big problem. But with the clunky movement not being seen when jumping over something, bad rng  , recoil , no impact when landing all this combined makes it far beyond bs.

However removing it would be a statement, and an statement is something the game needs atm. If you only edit it a bit like 10%, players won't come back probally.

removing it could lose more players than it brings in, especially if you mean jumpshooting and not strafejumping. The game is being designed with esports in mind. Jump shooting is not the issue the ttk and netcode is the big issue. 

What I think is needed is some sort of tagging when being hit to slow you down. The accuracy while quickscoping also seems too inaccuracy, along with too good accuracy for rifles when not ADS. in fact most weapons are too accurate outside of ADS.

36 minutes ago, MagicalBubba said:

removing it could lose more players than it brings in, especially if you mean jumpshooting and not strafejumping. The game is being designed with esports in mind. Jump shooting is not the issue the ttk and netcode is the big issue. 

What I think is needed is some sort of tagging when being hit to slow you down. The accuracy while quickscoping also seems too inaccuracy, along with too good accuracy for rifles when not ADS. in fact most weapons are too accurate outside of ADS.

Yes ofcourse you are right about the ads and accuracy. But jumpshooting without ads is still jumpshooting but more skillful and more of a risk for example.

Furthermore it's hard to say, I don't really think much players are playing this specifically for jumpshots.. I think they never even talked about it in the kickstarter. A lot of people backed this game for only being a ww2 shooter. Don't forget there was no other cod ww2 game like this when the kickstarter started.

The concept was also good because it was advertised as an old school ww2 shooter. This triggered a lot of people who we're so tired of all new cods with all these killstreaks and stuff. We all knew cod ww2 would fail just because of this new elements. I'm pretty sure if cod ww2 really would have returned to their roots like a cod 1 game with a lot better graphics, this game could have been huge. But it's never gonna happen because they release a new game every year so it will never be like call of duty 1 again.

How the game is currently build it applies most to the cod 2 and cod 4 (promod) players. I'm pretty sure that the current numbers tell us that they alone can not save this game. And i asked this question before: we're the playerbases of cod 4 (promod) and cod 2 really this big? Because I think these were never games that the biggest teams have played? Tell me if i'm wrong but did teams like fnatic , sk gaming , mousesports etc etc play these games competitive?  Maybe some big teams jumped in but was this really big esports games or just more a local community with like maybe 100 teams on clanbase or w/e?

I'm also having second thought if u would change the jumping that a lot of players would go away? Where will they go then, towards CS:GO? Even when this is changed this game applies most to the cod 2 and cod 4 communties.  I think the players who are still playing will also stay when the jumping system will be rewritten. Best thing is it will appeal to more people who don't like it at all, and they might return to this game. I think they should look for a balance somewhere between realism and arcade more like it was advertised from the start.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, sNrklhaai said:

Yes ofcourse you are right about the ads and accuracy. But jumpshooting without ads is still jumpshooting but more skillful and more of a risk for example.

Furthermore it's hard to say, I don't really think much players are playing this specifically for jumpshots.. I think they never even talked about it in the kickstarter. A lot of people backed this game for only being a ww2 shooter. Don't forget there was no other cod ww2 game like this when the kickstarter started.

The concept was also good because it was advertised as an old school ww2 shooter. This triggered a lot of people who we're so tired of all new cods with all these killstreaks and stuff. We all knew cod ww2 would fail just because of this new elements. I'm pretty sure if cod ww2 really would have returned to their roots like a cod 1 game with a lot better graphics, this game could have been huge. But it's never gonna happen because they release a new game every year so it will never be like call of duty 1 again.

How the game is currently build it applies most to the cod 2 and cod 4 (promod) players. I'm pretty sure that the current numbers tell us that they alone can not save this game. And i asked this question before: we're the playerbases of cod 4 (promod) and cod 2 really this big? Because I think these were never games that the biggest teams have played? Tell me if i'm wrong but did teams like fnatic , sk gaming , mousesports etc etc play these games competitive?  Maybe some big teams jumped in but was this really big esports games or just more a local community with like maybe 100 teams on clanbase or w/e?

I'm also having second thought if u would change the jumping that a lot of players would go away? Where will they go then, towards CS:GO? Even when this is changed this game applies most to the cod 2 and cod 4 communties.  I think the players who are still playing will also stay when the jumping system will be rewritten. Best thing is it will appeal to more people who don't like it at all, and they might return to this game. I think they should look for a balance somewhere between realism and arcade more like it was advertised from the start.

Cod2/Cod4 had jump shots in, however strafe jumping wasn't in. Well accurate strafe jumping and killing wasn't in. You also had more penalties for trying such as slow down on landing, which seems worse than on BF14.  

I'll tell you now if you add in tagging, inaccuracy on verticle movement / landing, more inaccurate outside of ads, fix to netcode and a slower ttk, you will sort all of your problems. It will still allow strafe jumping & jumping but only at the top of the arc would it be accurate. So a skill shot.

24 minutes ago, sNrklhaai said:

Tell me if i'm wrong but did teams like fnatic , sk gaming , mousesports etc etc play these games competitive?  Maybe some big teams jumped in but was this really big esports games or just more a local community with like maybe 100 teams on clanbase or w/e?

Yes. There was cod4 teams in fnatic sk gaming etc.

COD4 promod had a huge following and is still played until this day. I am not sure if Battalion has more players online than cod4 right now.

12 minutes ago, MagicalBubba said:

Cod2/Cod4 had jump shots in, however strafe jumping wasn't in.

Cod2 and Cod4 had stafejump, and that is the reason why Battalion have strafejump.

Edited by Connard
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Connard said:

Cod2 and Cod4 had stafejump, and that is the reason why Battalion have strafejump.

As in accurate strafejumping. I don't seem to remember that being present in them.

It is a long long time since I played either.

8 minutes ago, MagicalBubba said:

As in accurate strafejumping. I don't seem to remember that being present in them.

It is a long long time since I played either.

Just to be clear, strafejump have nothing to do with shooting, so the "accurate" is totally irrelevant.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

27 minutes ago, MagicalBubba said:

Cod2/Cod4 had jump shots in, however strafe jumping wasn't in. Well accurate strafe jumping and killing wasn't in. You also had more penalties for trying such as slow down on landing, which seems worse than on BF14.  

I'll tell you now if you add in tagging, inaccuracy on verticle movement / landing, more inaccurate outside of ads, fix to netcode and a slower ttk, you will sort all of your problems. It will still allow strafe jumping & jumping but only at the top of the arc would it be accurate. So a skill shot.

You might be right and i personally don't care to much. I play every evening even now.

I guess it would fix it for me. My concern is more that they will not even do the changes that you stated. this is not like the mistakes that they made u know. It's more like their oppinion about how the game should be, and they will probally not change this fast. On the other side I still think the game really needs a small revolution a list of some impact changes before the players who left before will come back. It's easier to try a game that u like then return to  a game where u have a bad experience with.

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Connard said:

Just to be clear, strafejump have nothing to do with shooting, so the "accurate" is totally irrelevant.

Strafe shooting then.

23 minutes ago, sNrklhaai said:

You might be right and i personally don't care to much. I play every evening even now.

I guess it would fix it for me. My concern is more that they will not even do the changes that you stated. this is not like the mistakes that they made u know. It's more like their oppinion about how the game should be, and they will probally not change this fast. On the other side I still think the game really needs a small revolution a list of some impact changes before the players who left before will come back. It's easier to try a game that u like then return to  a game where u have a bad experience with.

I agree but if we take CS:GO as an example. That was hated by the majority of countrerstrike players for about a year. Even after that, it had serious problems in it that took a long time to fix. The p90 spent the first 2 years being a gun that was almost impossible to deal with outside of high level games.

23 minutes ago, MagicalBubba said:

Strafe shooting then.

I agree but if we take CS:GO as an example. That was hated by the majority of countrerstrike players for about a year. Even after that, it had serious problems in it that took a long time to fix. The p90 spent the first 2 years being a gun that was almost impossible to deal with outside of high level games.

you could strafejump and shoot in cod4 (vanilla) but i believe strafejumping in that game was due to a bug so wasn't intentional. that said, it was bugs that made cod what it was. i don't think strafejumping should be removed from bat44 but in it's current state it's way too effective making it the only way to play the game. no FPS in history has been successful with one dominant playstyle. as obi-wan would say, the devs need to bring balance to the force. the combination of low ttk, laser beam weapons and extreme mobility is too rich a cocktail in one game. the netcode would have to be at Overwatch/CSGO level to cope with all that.

Edited by Farq-S
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Farq-S said:

you could strafejump and shoot in cod4 (vanilla) but i believe strafejumping in that game was due to a bug so wasn't intentional. that said, it was bugs that made cod what it was. i don't think strafejumping should be removed from bat44 but in it's current state it's way too effective making it the only way to play the game. no FPS in history has been successful with one dominant playstyle. as obi-wan would say, the devs need to bring balance to the force. the combination of low ttk, laser beam weapons and extreme mobility is too rich a cocktail in one game.

That's what I've been saying, albeit badly. Reduce the accuracy of strafeshooting, unless you are at the zenith of your jump as to keep some skill in it. Basically attach accuracy to to the vertical movement. this way the closer you are to the op of your jump, the more accurate it is. Do this for both ADS and hip and you will keep most people happy.

Also remember the SMGs are being nerfed and the netcode will be fixed. I think with what I suggest, it would fix many of the other issues also.

Edited by MagicalBubba

7 hours ago, Farq-S said:

you could strafejump and shoot in cod4 (vanilla) but i believe strafejumping in that game was due to a bug so wasn't intentional. that said, it was bugs that made cod what it was. i don't think strafejumping should be removed from bat44 but in it's current state it's way too effective making it the only way to play the game. no FPS in history has been successful with one dominant playstyle. as obi-wan would say, the devs need to bring balance to the force. the combination of low ttk, laser beam weapons and extreme mobility is too rich a cocktail in one game. the netcode would have to be at Overwatch/CSGO level to cope with all that.

Spot on mate!

• Upvote 1

Well the game takes for ever to load up & repeatedly crashes on the way and when you finally get the game going most of the servers with players actually in there are locked

The game has only 856 players atm & 295th in the steam charts .........& only after these few weeks ! Yet people are bigging it up & talking about LANs & Torneys  ?
Yet it is a high probability if the dev`s don`t sort their act out & sort out just the basics soon , by the end of this month the game will not only be dead , but well & truly buried in the myths

of gaming failure history.