Drizzy

Game's Dead guys..

They expected 4k players on the 1st day of release. The general rule is that usually, 1/4 of the hype-ppl remains after a week, which would bring it down to 1k. 

They had much more than 4k players on the 1st day. The current playeramount is 4 times bigger than 1k

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Firefly said:

They expected 4k players on the 1st day of release. The general rule is that usually, 1/4 of the hype-ppl remains after a week, which would bring it down to 1k. 

They had much more than 4k players on the 1st day. The current playeramount is 4 times bigger than 1k

Even if they expected 50.000 players it's still to early to say a game is dead. 

6327344076423168.png?k=x2lrEG-moYVG4MPVs

I'm guessing we are still on the settling down period after the initial surge, as each daily peak has been lower and lower so far... only thing is that needs to stop soon. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

On ‎11‎-‎02‎-‎2018 at 6:09 AM, Twitch.tv/aussiexthunder said:

Bad publicity from the start due to lack of server's but i remain positive in supporting this games growth. 👍

It will recover ❤

I do not think servers are the only reason. Most people know that there are issues with new releases but will stay if the game looks promising. But this game is very different due to the competitive aspect. This is a game you either love or hate, so I guess it can go both ways.

It shows very clearly that more people have had interest but it's just like it's not fun.

The COD2 fan base which was very interested is definitely very disappointed

• Upvote 3

Well, there is nothing to do in the game right now for majority of players. Most of the community is waiting for ranked.

I noticed that on servers almost every game people complain about not liking it and uninstalling etc. Sure you have this in every game but in Battalion it´s a bit more common than usual which makes me worried.

A lot of people just dislike the game for the corner jumping, one shots etc and then there is a large number of people that like the game but decide not to play because Battalion doesnt run very well for them. (crashes, bugs, etc).

I think Bulkhead has a lot of work to do in the next weeks/months in order to make the game appeal to casual players isntead of just super competitive players.  

6 minutes ago, SirBob said:

I do not think servers are the only reason. Most people know that there are issues with new releases but will stay if the game looks promising. But this game is very different due to the competitive aspect. This is a game you either love or hate, so I guess it can go both ways.

Maybe you're right regarding most people, but I don't love or hate this game. I'm stuck somewhere in the middle, sometimes I enjoy it and sometimes I don't, or maybe I haven't made my mind up yet whether to like this game or not. Now that I've had time to play it more often.

Just now, Don Camillo said:

It shows very clearly that more people have had interest but it's just like it's not fun.

The COD2 fan base which was very interested is definitely very disappointed

That's probably the biggest difference between the COD2 and COD4 fanbase. If I had to name a good FPS game I would say COD1, UO or 2, but for someone who loved COD4 this is a dream come true. It has the WW2 background, but it plays similar to COD4, which a lot of COD2 players(if I remember correctly) didn't like. And probably still don't like, so they don't like Battalion. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

That's probably the biggest difference between the COD2 and COD4 fanbase. If I had to name a good FPS game I would say COD1, UO or 2, but for someone who loved COD4 this is a dream come true. It has the WW2 background, but it plays similar to COD4, which a lot of COD2 players(if I remember correctly) didn't like. And probably still don't like, so they don't like Battalion. 

I loved Cod4 but didn't like promod and still don't, so I guess I'm also stuck somewhere in the middle.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Maybe you're right regarding most people, but I don't love or hate this game. I'm stuck somewhere in the middle, sometimes I enjoy it and sometimes I don't, or maybe I haven't made my mind up yet whether to like this game or not. Now that I've had time to play it more often.

I liked CoD4 but it was no where near my love/hours played for CoD2 and MoH:AA. I am enjoying this game a lot because it just brings back a certain feeling. For me that takes precedence over it being more similar to one game or another out of the three I mention.

I can see why hardcore CoD1/2 MoH:AA fans might not take to this game and that's fair enough. For me though, I think they are on the right path and hope that the game will continue to be tuned over time and improve at the same rate as I have seen it do some from Alpha 0.1 to now.

Blame the shitty launch. Imagine how different things would be if they had just reserved more servers. Dead game is dead before its its even alive(out of ea) LUL

• Downvote 3

flaming, whining, shitty launch, bad gfx, bad game feeling, bad spawnpoints, bad...bad..bad...oldschool cod players are very disappointed etc

eh...im old school cod player and i really like the game, really enjoy it, i bought 2 bottles of wine for launch night and boom..could play, but i was drunk at least :)

early access game, there is still a lot to do i agree, but so what? they dont ignore our needs, our voices, they will simply fix issues, bugs and add some extra features if it's needed..they do listen, im sure that it will be better and better game..so lets motivate them, help them to fix the game by reporting bugs and one day it will be one of the best games, maybe not with hyper duper gfx, but im sick of super detailed grass and trees, i want to have fun playing the game.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

21 minutes ago, Earz said:

Sorry just to clarify...wine...not beer?

dont ask :) didnt have a choice, had to take wine, but trust me after two bottles it doesnt matter

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Noman said:

flaming, whining, shitty launch, bad gfx, bad game feeling, bad spawnpoints, bad...bad..bad...oldschool cod players are very disappointed etc

eh...im old school cod player and i really like the game, really enjoy it, i bought 2 bottles of wine for launch night and boom..could play, but i was drunk at least :)

early access game, there is still a lot to do i agree, but so what? they dont ignore our needs, our voices, they will simply fix issues, bugs and add some extra features if it's needed..they do listen, im sure that it will be better and better game..so lets motivate them, help them to fix the game by reporting bugs and one day it will be one of the best games, maybe not with hyper duper gfx, but im sick of super detailed grass and trees, i want to have fun playing the game.

It's not whinging, or flaming.  It is putting a point of view across, which when you pay for a product, you are entitled to do.  Clearly the people whom backed this and bought into the hype were the CoD1 & 2 people.  I know it is not meant to be, but the jump shots, and lack of hit points make it a frustration to play.  With the pre-release and the rumour of the beta being tested for four hours it is no wonder people are leaving.  People follow friends in their gaming habits.  It is clearly losing it's player base as shown on steam, it's taken a hell of a pasting in the reviews.  It needs to change quick or a month down the line it will be only the die hard CoD4 promods whom play this and that's it.  It will be a shame, but at least the game cost only £10 which was reduced half an hour after I bought it.  I don't mind supporting devs so long as they listen to the majority.  Its the strong player base which will make it great and not the few..

Edited by Koopa
  • Upvote 1

For some reason I continue to be surprised at the lack of patience with a game, the inability or complete unwillingness to research, read, or comprehend what something is before purchasing a new game, the refusal to understand what "Early access" is, means, and is intended to do. I must be fucking retarded tbh at this point to continually be surprised when people who didn't know what this game was supposed to be bought it blindly, played it for 1.3 hours, gave it a steam review saying "game's trash", asked for a refund on steam, then- in the first act of anything other than complete and utter laziness, go out of their way to shill against the game everywhere they possibly can, as if their lost 1.3 hours and refunded 14 dollars was the worst experience of their lives, and the developers of this game personally came to their house and shit on their dinner plates.

I will never understand people's motivations and thought processes in this regard, and normally I'd simply say "good riddance", but the biggest inconvenience in life is perhaps that we need the retarded masses to fill up space so the rest of us can get on with doing the things we want to do. Such a pity.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

I enjoy it and I don't care if there is 50k 100k 800k or 6k playing.. as long as there are 9 other guys on the server with me, that's all i ask.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

i just hope that brammertron have some ace in the pocket to back players to play this game again. 
Game is started 1.2.2018 its EA  now is 13.2 people complaing about no lot of player and on twich is not so popular.

ITS EA THERE IS A LOT OF JOB TO DO AND TO FIX ALL THIS PROBLEMS !

Its on Unreal Engine so wish devs all the best! 

Edited by shdW
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, shdW said:

i just hope that brammertron have some ace in the pocket to back players to play this game again. 
Game is started 1.2.2018 its EA  now is 13.2 people complaing about no lot of player and on twich is not so popular.

ITS EA THERE IS A LOT OF JOB TO DO AND TO FIX ALL THIS PROBLEMS !

Its on Unreal Engine so wish devs all the best! 

tbh dont get your point here,  you are talking about "an ace in the pocket", some complaining ppl, popularity on twich and then (caps) about EA and fixing problems and at the end about Unreal.

i got a feeling that you are not happy with the things going correct?

we all should know what EA is, we all should know that dev are working really hard to fix the problems asap, haters gonna hate - always, nothing new, so stay together and keep motivating devs, so we can get the best possible game. period

As i personally believe in success of batt44 i will start my old way of supporting like old good cod2/cod4 times, i will start organizing some online tournaments with sponsors and prizes and then maybe some Lans, but first i need to find time to learn the game, test it in lan mode, understand anticheat system here etc

Edited by Noman