Sign in to follow this  
Tesco

Feeling ripped off & Bunny hopping ruining this game

Ok the bunny hopping retards are totally ruining the game for me I feel ripped off after backing this game for £35 only to have the team release it at £11.39. What a slap round the face/kick in the bollox that was. :mad:

Until the bunny hopping is stopped or the option to turn it off server side, you can stick this game where the sun don't shine! :mad: It's far from an enjoyable experience!

Roll on Post Scriptum and Hell Let Loose!

Edited by Tesco
  • Upvote 11
  • Downvote 16

You prefer realistic walking simulators instead of competitive, arcade shooters? So why did You back Battalion in first place?

• Upvote 1

Grasshopper - The annoying thing is to back a game at £35 that would normally sell around to £30 mark and then for it to be released at £12 is a kick in the nuts.

ToRRent  - When the game was first put on KS there was no mention of bunny hopping. If it had been I would not have backed it. Had enough of bunny hopping in  other games along with dolphin diving in BF2. Both of these ruined MP games in the past. Sad thing is as I backed this on KS I wont get a refund..... shame I didn't wait and buy it on Steam as at least I could have got a refund.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, Tesco said:

Grasshopper - The annoying thing is to back a game at £35 that would normally sell around to £30 mark and then for it to be released at £12 is a kick in the nuts.

ToRRent  - When the game was first put on KS there was no mention of bunny hopping. If it had been I would not have backed it. Had enough of bunny hopping in  other games along with dolphin diving in BF2. Both of these ruined MP games in the past. Sad thing is as I backed this on KS I wont get a refund..... shame I didn't wait and buy it on Steam as at least I could have got a refund.

Was there any mention of a certain price range in the Kickstarter project and/or emails? The 'harsh' reality of investing in any Kickstarter project is that you never know what you're going to get. That's a risk you take. But I can certainly understand your frustration. 

But there's also another side to it. Bulkhead could've asked 30 pounds for the game, but I think less people would be tempted to buy it for that price. Especially in it's current state. And with all the other FPS available on the market you probably would've invested in a 'dead' game. 

Yeh, its good for people who have not invested in it to get a cheap game and it WILL get a lot of buyers due to the price but personally just feeling miffed at paying a large premium for a game I do not like. :/

7 hours ago, Tesco said:

They promised experience from past shooters, and they delivered how it was years ago. cod2 and cod4 had strafejumping, ET had constant strafe jumping/bhop. Next time You should read first and then back to not be dissapointed.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

Sure perhaps certain things could be adjusted over time.  But alot of people are harping on about realism..  Imo you won't find it here.  It's the type of game. 

Aim based

Fast paced competitive 

jump shots

Drops shots 

You get my point.. 

I think peekers advantage needs work personally 😉👍

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Twitch.tv/aussiexthunder said:

Sure perhaps certain things could be adjusted over time.  But alot of people are harping on about realism..  Imo you won't find it here.  It's the type of game. 

Aim based

Fast paced competitive 

jump shots

Drops shots 

You get my point.. 

I think peekers advantage needs work personally 😉👍

I don't think peakers advantage is an issue here, watch 2 videos I linked in lag compassation thread. I feels like either servers are lagging or there is interpolation issue. Just now I saw guy get killed while guy that shot him didn't even appear on his screen and there was one one angle that dude could come from.

I mean I play way faster shooters then this game but I have huge trouble here. That is why people think jumping is ruining the experience when in reality problem is bigger then that.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Thor04 said:

I don't think peakers advantage is an issue here, watch 2 videos I linked in lag compassation thread. I feels like either servers are lagging or there is interpolation issue. Just now I saw guy get killed while guy that shot him didn't even appear on his screen and there was one one angle that dude could come from.

I mean I play way faster shooters then this game but I have huge trouble here. That is why people think jumping is ruining the experience when in reality problem is bigger then that.

Fair point 👍 it could definitely be server sided or interpolation issues.  But the person holding the angles are always worse off imo, especially in jump shots. 

I just always assumed it was peeks advantage which is a networking issue. 

I could be completely wrong but something doesn't feel right...  

Haha cheers for the response 

@Twitch.tv/aussiexthunder Pekaers advantage mostly comes from surprise factor and prefire. So if defender is holding wider angle and obstacle for peaker is right in his face then that advantage is essentially lost. On top of that in game like battalion most of the times peaker has to look for target then aim. In game like CS you would probably pre fire some spots 

and that advantage is noticeable. But if we look at pings of of players in battalion it is clear that peakers advantage can't be this high.

Going by explanation in that video and how it works in CS.  If both players have 60 ping then defender is going to suffer around 100ms disadvantage that is nothing.

What we see in game is way bigger. I was lead to believe that there is no lag compensation in game because I clearly can hit people that are not even on my screen. 

Nor I'm sure about how interpolation works in this game.  I'm very confused when it comes to this that Is why I hope deves will have something to say about it.

Unlike CS we are not given tools to test these things out.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

Was there any mention of a certain price range in the Kickstarter project and/or emails? The 'harsh' reality of investing in any Kickstarter project is that you never know what you're going to get. That's a risk you take. But I can certainly understand your frustration. 

But there's also another side to it. Bulkhead could've asked 30 pounds for the game, but I think less people would be tempted to buy it for that price. Especially in it's current state. And with all the other FPS available on the market you probably would've invested in a 'dead' game. 

It wouldn’t be that hard to look it up. The answer is yes.

Just go to their kickstarter and see https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bulkheadinteractive/battalion-1944-pc-xb1-ps4

On 10/02/2018 at 12:11 PM, Tesco said:

If you don't like "jump" style take a look at server browser, you will find servers that will suit you.
But do not compare Battalion1944 with Post Scriptum or Hell Let Loose. They are more similar to Squad or Arma but not to Bat44.

And for others Battalion1944 is a competitive game you are totally right but it can be adapted to the tactical gameplay.
Do not compare realistic simulator to tactical style gameplay. It's not at all the same spirit either.

Battalion1944 is open to all gamestyle (competitive, tactical, sniper only, rifle only,  .....jump only !! :P ) . Mods will allow to refine all styles.

Edited by Soldat Ryan
  • Downvote 1

On 2/10/2018 at 11:11 AM, Tesco said:

Ok the bunny hopping retards are totally ruining the game for me

Strafing was coded into the game intentionally, if you don't like it then maybe the game is not for you

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

If you spent money on a kickstarter as a way to somehow get a cheap deal on a game, you're doing it wrong and completely missing the point of kickstarter. It's a fundraiser platform for ideas. You either like the idea and give it the amount of money you think its worth, or you don't. If you back the project you're giving them your money and saying "go make the thing you're saying you'll make because I want it to exist". Then when it shows up you're going to be upset that they're putting a low selling point on it, because you gave them more money in the kickstarter campaign? If all you wanted was to purchase the game, it makes absolutely no sense to back a kickstarter campaign for it unless the campaign were to explicitly state that if you get in now the game will cost $10 but if you wait until its released it'll cost you $20. I've backed a few games on kickstarter in the past and I've never seen any developer make that claim as a gimmick to receive funds, and I did not see this group do that either.

If for whatever reason you DID back the kickstarter for the proper reason- you wanted a competitive FPS in the mold of older CoD games, then it should be good news that the game is on sale for such a cheap price, since a niche competitive based multiplayer only game which has to compete with something like CSGO isn't going to survive a week on steam if you sell it for a high price. You see all the people flipping tables and going ape shit because an early access game *gasp* has bugs and problems on release? Imagine now that they paid three times what they did for this game. The amount of butthurt would be amplified tremendously.

• Like 1

Since the developers of this Bunnyhopping/strafing apparently deliberately built in and want to keep, I have now felt compelled to put myself in the series of steam negative Reviews.I cannot recommend a game with such a hopping.

I predict that the Sowiso already few players when the next shooter comes very soon will be even less. Pity about the game
  • Upvote 1

While the hopping and drop-shotting can be annoying, it is a key aspect of the type of game Battalion wants to be. It raises the skill gap tremendously. I get so annoyed when someone strafe-jumps round a corner, starts shooting me, then drop-shots to finish me off, all within a few seconds. I can't do that (right now), but with practise it is something I can achieve.

As for the price, once the game comes out of Early Access, the price will likely be bumped up a bit. Maybe not to £35, but I reckon it'll be more than what it currently is. But as someone already mentioned, you backing the game on Kickstarter goes towards the funding the development of the game during the early stages. If you just wanted the game, you should have waited for it to come out on Steam before handing over any money.

• Upvote 1

On ‎10‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 11:11 AM, Tesco said:

Ok the bunny hopping retards are totally ruining the game for me I feel ripped off after backing this game for £35 only to have the team release it at £11.39. What a slap round the face/kick in the bollox that was. :mad:

Until the bunny hopping is stopped or the option to turn it off server side, you can stick this game where the sun don't shine! :mad: It's far from an enjoyable experience!

21 hours ago, rAtAtAt said:

If i'd have known this was going to be a bunnyfest i would have saved my money also

Sounds like you guys fell for then"the most authentic, down the barrel experience of WW2" line in the Kickstarter too because I certainly don't recall stories of Allied soldiers bunny hopping up Omaha beach. I don't see why the developers wasted so much time on the sounds of the guns when the gameplay is Quake. 

• Upvote 1

I like the way this is described on Wikipedia: "Bunny hopping is a term used for different kinds of movement in games. There are two major usages of the term: In any first person shooter with jumping a player who jumps up and down to avoid being shot is sometimes called a bunny hopper. This is a very basic technique that only works against inexperienced opponents."

Evolve and adapt or don't play this game. That's part of the idea of a skill based shooter. Shame some people were raised on Air strikes and Perks, now that's cheap if you ask me.

Edited by Earz
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

When you dont know the difference between Bunnyhopping and strafejumping or didn't know what you were buying into ... maybe you dont belong in this game, I dont feel sorry for you anyway in the slightest. If you based yourself of a 1-liner in the earliest trailer, its a cheap excuse for why the game didnt become what you expected it to be.

Edited by GRiM
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5