Sign in to follow this  
HutchTouch

Please remove lag compensation until it is better tuned.

The issue isn't with jumping around a corner in this game, it's the jumping around the corner combined with insane lag compensation, more noticeably with high-ping players, I am frequently dying to players before they are even fully visible on my screen and if you watch the deaths in shadow-play it's crazy how prevalent it is.

This is why newer players are getting frustrated and saying "corner jumping is OP" it's not the corner jumping per say, it's when corner jumping is combined with the most insane lag comp I've ever seen.

I die after crouching behind cover/running around a corner more in this game than I do in any CoD.

Until the lag comp is fully working as intended it simply shouldn't be in the game as it is now. At the moment players with worse connections are getting advantages they should not have. By default it was disabled in Promod on almost all servers and it should be disabled here too.

TL:DR; Corner jumping is not OP. It IS OP when combined with the lag comp that's in this game and it's driving newer players away which is bad overall for the game and community.

EDIT: I'm sorry some players have bad connections wherever they are in the world and it isn't fair but it's also not fair to give them an advantage and penalize players who are willing to spend more money for good connections.

• Upvote 2

I agree with the above post! It's actually insane how much the net code in this game feels like a flunky COD!

None of the death around corners ever happened to me in PROMOD, you could jump out of the way from danger whilst getting shot and still escape a lot of the time, It actually encouraged skillful movement! Now I just feel like I'm being punished for even strafing, like why did you go to all this bother to add strafing to the game if we're just getting punished for using it.

• Upvote 2